Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship (4063 Views)

2013 NNPC / ESSO International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards / Kgc Intl / Esso Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by sk8erBoy: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2007
I'm starting this thread for all those who applied for the scholarship and are looking forward to getting a Masters degree overseas. i want it to start from herre till when we get there, you know wat i mean,beyond this shores. We'll post info on possible areas of concentration for different fields of study,info on the school you are admitted to,you cud meet someone going there to you know,notifications on those that have been contacted for the test and the interview if there is going to be one and how fast we can get there,
This is only 4 those who are not satisfied with a first degree in naija
If its good better love it and dont playa hate
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by sk8erBoy: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2007
anyone has an idea of what to expect for someone who is going to do Masters in Chemical Engineering?
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by ABJ001: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2007
I wrote the same exam last year with Esso. There are three sections.
1. verbal aptitude questions which contain three options.
2. numerical reasoning purely graphs and charts
3. Questions on your field of study.
For Chemical Engineering questions, it is similar the same thing with the questions for graduate Engineer(mobil recent test).It contains different aspects, thermodynamics(polytropic, adiabatic calculations), heat and mass transfer.
For others I don't know. But the numerica is very simple but you must be fast( there is binary conversion and subtraction from one base to another.)
I wish you the best.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by JustJoe: 8:40am On Jun 19, 2007
pls sk8, let us knw how to apply for the next scholarship. tnx, awaiting ur post.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by kellysep3: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2007
Hi sk8,i'm also applied for the scholarship.Pls,if you guys receive your letter,let us know.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by ce026: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2007
pls, how do i apply for this esso int'l postgrad scholarship my dear nairalandes, thanks
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by R4J(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2007
Binary conversion? Base conversion? I thought it was only graphs n charts? Isn't it just SHL??

Also, who has any info on what the geology section of the test will comprise? HELP!!!!!!!!!
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by R4J(m): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
Binary conversion? Base conversion? I thought it was only graphs n charts? Isn't it just SHL??

Also, who has any info on what the geology section of the test will comprise? HELP!!!!!!!!!
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by sk8erBoy: 11:25am On Jun 20, 2007
thanks 4 your contribution ABJ001,its peolple like u we need on this thread. But what really happened last year? and are you gonna try this year again?You will get what you want.
for those inquisitive about how this works,justjoe et al,primarily u need to have gotten admission in a REPUTABLE university overseas,by overseas not malaysia or Cyprus but Uk,England or canada. Now this years' is no longer open but you can get prepared for next year. apply early,try the ten best schools in each of those place aforementioned. other scholarships for overseas universities that you can start applying for for next year includes Chevening scholarship for commonwealth universities,the prelim form is out,search it out on this site.
Anybody applying to University of Sheffield?
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by gabriellle: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2007
hi guys and chics! thanks so much for the useful info. anyone with info on what mech eng would entail?
if you did the graduate engr test as a mech engr graduate earlier this year what are the fields that were tested?
thanks. you guys are the best.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by bamdil(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2007
@sk8erBoy,
very funny, are u trying to be judgemental in this regard?
Too serious guy, u are too serious.
Well, how you get to know all this?
Make u tell me oo
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by REZIGIRL(f): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2007
Hi Gabrielle,

For all mechanical engrs hoping to take the test.

I did d graduate recruitment test 4 mechanical, the professional part was basically strength of materials, design and few mechanics questions. Also few questions from basic thermodynamics(like using gas laws to solve for Temperature, Pressure and Volume). This part has 30 questions for 1 hour.

Again the 1st part is general aptitude (numerical, logical-diagrams & verbal) these are relatively cheap but u need speed too.

All d best. See u on top.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by sk8erBoy: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2007
Bamdil,not sure what u mean by i'm being to serious, and judgemental? its simple, if its not gold it never can be,but the major reason why things do not work out for people is not just bad planning but not planning at all. you dont get ahead by sitting on your behind.
and how do i know all these stuff? the internet and read widely. if u want more info just ask me.
Reiz girl 10x 4 the valuable info. more grease to your elbow,hope the mobil reult favors u.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2007
Hey guys
Any info the above topic yet,i need info on whther the invitation for esso scholarship test 2007/2008 has started
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by lorebobo(f): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2007
hi. pls can you let us know when to apply for the scholarship, their requirements and so on? thanks
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by ben68(m): 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2007
hey guys i am equally interested pls keep me posted.
I majored in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

benjaminokolo1968@yahoo.com-08028927108
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by suffer2muc(m): 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2007
im majored in Computer Engineering Technology. i will like to get more info about this babyfaceodus@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by daby(f): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2007
hi sk8erBoy,
                 please, more info on the schloaships available and the link to them because u didnt give the links and also keep me posted with fresh info. du me the favour dear, God bless ya real good. incase it needs some privacy, u can post the info to daby2004@yahoo.com
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by sk8erBoy: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2007
for all those new to this thread i think the intro does it,the opening for the topic title is closed and has since been,at this stage we are eagerly anticipating being called as most UK sessions begin very soon. lyk i rightly said there exists a number of other opportunities one can still exploit. your can start by scrolling to the end of this page and u'll seen links to scholarship websites. bristish chevening scholarship prelim. application forms for next years session are also out,u can get the form on this site,ptdf will be out,not really sure when but u can apply online so visit their website. i dont hav the links to all these but i have google-thats all you need. those desperately in need of answers can contact me on this thread or ochescoolbox@yahoo.com,i"ll answer to my very best.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by kasaliTO: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2007
by the way i hear people have been contacted for the test to hold on sunday the 21st or so at lag. anyone else been contacted,for those of us who are yet to be lets keep expecting.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by gabriellle: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2007
hi reizgirl, thanks for the info. i will prepare well and hope for the best.
i got my invite for the test today. i hope you picked a school in the UK cos you are person i will love to meet!others in the house who applied, all the best in the test.
free education, here we come cool
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by amlifted(m): 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2007
please help, i was invited for the test at Lekki. my admission into petroleum geoscience (university of Manchester) was that for 2006/2007 session. do you think Esso will still sponsor the scholarship for thois academic year? pls let me know! am currently liasing with university to be booked for this session. thanks much.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by daluoa(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2007
amlifted:

please help, i was invited for the test at Lekki. my admission into petroleum geoscience (university of Manchester) was that for 2006/2007 session. do you think Esso will still sponsor the scholarship for thois academic year? please let me know! am currently liasing with university to be booked for this session. thanks much.

hi,
I also had an admission in 2006/2007 in the same university but i contacted them and deferred my admission to 2007/2008 session. i currently have a letter of admission to that effect.

Therefore i encourage you to speed up the process of negotiating with manchester so that you can have an offer letter to present to mobil.

Explain your situation to manchester telling them speciffically that you are reqquired to present that document to your intending sponsors before they can grant you sponsorship. They could easily send you a well scanned copy of an offer letter to that effect.

FOR MORE ENQUIRIES YOU CAN CALL ME ON 08030884750 - UCHE
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by daluoa(m): 10:18am On Jul 14, 2007
HI EVERYONE,

HERE IS WHAT THE FORMAT OF THE TEST LOOKED LIKE LAST YEAR.

1. CRITICAL/LOGICAL REASONING

2. MATHEMATICAL/QUATITATIVE REASONING

3. FIELD SPECIFIC (i.e MECH QUESTIONS FOR MECH ENGNRS; CHEM QUESTIONS FOR CHEM ENGNRS; GEOSCIENTIFIC QUESTIONS FOR GEOSCIENTISTS)

FOR MORE ENQUIRIES YOU CAN CALL ME ON 08030884750 - UCHE.

SEE YOU ALL AT THE VENUE.
GOODLUCK.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by Miketomi: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2007
Hello,

As regards thhe field section of the Aptitude test.
Is it objectives or essay questions??
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by sk8erBoy: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2007
hi house,i'm kinda jittery at this point cos i'm yet to be contacted,don know if evryone is supposed to write on the same day and what criteria they used in shortlisting. still in service don mean you dont qualify cos they said we cud,batch b 4 that matter. well ive been studying,not sure if i shud still be expecting. Are the invitaions jsut by emails only,no courier?
Just to encourage the rest of us, Delay is not denial and when one door shuts,others open.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by REZIGIRL(f): 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2007
Hello Gabrielle,

Yea I've gotten my invitation for the test, but I'm sort of skeptical coming down to Lagos for the test.

I actually applied for the scholarship stating 1 year as my duration of study but then the school l applied to (Newcastle University) later gave me an admission stating 2 years as my duration of study for Pipeline Engineering.

So with this I don't really knw for now if this contradiction will affect me in anyway.

Still thinking of what to do anyway.

All the best.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by anifel20(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2007
Rez,
I suggest you come down, get the one year and later you will work out the rest detail, before the end of the one year you might get something up.
For those who are interested in applying, the advert will be in the newspapers,or stay connected to nairaland, I can assure you that you will get the info when it is available. See you at the top.
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by kolatiti(f): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
pls what is this Esso Scholarship about
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by amlifted(m): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2007
Urgent!! please what are their likely questions on Geosciences!!! (i.e their likely area of concentration)
Thanks very much
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by loparino: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2007
Hi All,

Please is there any1 who studied Physics at undergraduate level that was called for this test?
I will be glad to know the date and time of your test and kindly post me your email address/phone number so I can reach you on likely questions.
Thanks a million!

Yours forever,
Olalekan
Re: Esso Intl' Postgrad Scholarship by Godsavesme(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2007
I will like someone in the house to alert me on which areas that my brother can prepare for as touching Esso int'l postgrad scholarship. He actually study Geology

(1) (2) (Reply)

HARPS Vacancy For 12 Different Positions / Thank You Lord!!! I Got A Wonderful Job. / Lowest Point In My Life In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.