Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? (16320 Views)

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Micheal Jacksons Life As A Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Grange: 8:19am On Feb 16, 2011
I've observed over the years as a Jehovah's Witness that almost virtually every other christian denomination hates or dislikes Jehovah's Witnesses. Any idea on the reason for the consensus on the hatred of Witnesses?
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by 5solas(m): 1:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
Grange:

I've observed over the years as a Jehovah's Witness that almost virtually every other christian denomination hates or dislikes Jehovah's Witnesses. Any idea on the reason for the consensus on the hatred of Witnesses?
Well, I will give it to you straight.I am not talking of hatred of them though.
1. They teach a works-based salvation.
2. They are Unitarians and do not give Christ His proper place.
3. Their New World Translation of the Holy Bible is suspect, leading many astray.
4. They have made a lot of prophecies which did not come to pass, only for them to modify the prophecies after the dates they set were passed. Moreover, they have in their own books cited failure of prophecies coming to pass as one of the means of identifying fake prophets.
5. They are unorthodox in their views in general.
6. Their stance on blood transfusion has led to the deaths of thousands.
7. Their teachings have separated a lot of families.
8. They term themselves ‘Jehovah Witnesses’ and do not see other Christians as such, neither would they have any fellowship with them.
I will give you the next two later, please.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Grange: 8:15am On Feb 18, 2011
Hey, thanks 4 the reasons. I noticed the reasons given are invariably ok but I need a more stronger reasons like a Biblical counter-argument for any or all of their dogmas posed as doctrinal argument based on d Bible. I'll deeply appreciate it. Thanks.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:22am On Feb 18, 2011
5solas:

2. They are Unitarians and do not give Christ His proper place.
3. Their New World Translation of the Holy Bible is suspect, leading many astray.
4. They have made a lot of prophecies which did not come to pass, only for them to modify the prophecies after the dates they set were passed. Moreover, they have in their own books cited failure of prophecies coming to pass as one of the means of identifying fake prophets.
5. They are unorthodox in their views in general.
6. Their stance on blood transfusion has led to the deaths of thousands.
7. Their teachings have separated a lot of families.
8. They term themselves ‘Jehovah Witnesses’ and do not see other Christians as such, neither would they have any fellowship with them.
I will give you the next two later, please.

Now that is cynical grin

1: They Turn popular Bible misconceptions on their head and tell you the Truth e.g Jesus did not die on the cross but on a Stake (whence Prince VLAD the Impaler got his impaling ideas)
2: God is not suffering from severe Mutliple-Personality disorder AKA Trinity Syndrome but is actually sane 1 person with 2 assistants who work in his authority
3: The Holy Spirit is God's impersonal active force not a REPO-man out to cash a cheque to the Devil for you soul
4: Jesus' ransom sacrifice did not include Adam, Ouch! that ought to hurt
5: Only the 144,000 Jehovah's Witness are born again. and will live in the new Heaven- so long for you suckers and tell that to Daddy GO grin
6: Satan was entrusted with the obligation and charged with the duty of overseeing the creation of the earth, (now i see why he had delusions of grandeur)
7: Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh (these guys should work well with Muslims)
8: The soul ceases to exist after death (makes you wonder really)
9: There is no hell of fire where the wicked are punished
10: Jesus did not rise from the dead in his physical body
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by vedaxcool(m): 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2011
5solas:

Pity, one reason you should not be lazy, try to live a righteous life instead of waiting for jesus to foot your sinful wages, believe me he aint gonna do such a thing.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by vescucci(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2011
Lager, you started out as though in support countering the previous poster's point but later it looked like you were now giving your own anti-JW points. Which is it?
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by LagosShia: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2011
10 reasons why you should not be a Jehovah's Witness:

1.) too many false prophecies that did not come to pass and the followers are still deceived that those predictions will still come to pass.their organization,the watchtower claims to be a prophetic body and Jehovah's only organization on earth.but look at their propehcies that did not come to pass on the dates predicted.look at their inconsistent doctrines.

2.) they fool people that they are unitarians or monotheists and they strongly oppose trinity.that is one thing that may first appeal to you if you're a muslim.they will preach to you how trinity is false and that will play well with muslims.but when you examine their bible version known as the New World Translation,you will find outright polytheism.take a look at the following verses and compare with any other version.i will compare with the King James Version,which is very popular.

New World Translation John 1:1
1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god

King James Version John 1:1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

(as a muslim,while both are to be rejected,the NWT contains explicit polytheism)

ANOTHER EXAMPLE BELOW:

New World Translation John 1:18

18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.

King James Version John 1:18

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

(in the above,the word "begotten" is an interpolation in both versions according to the Revised Standard Version.but notice how one uses "god" while the other uses "son".while a "son of God" can be understood as figurative as God has too many sons and the righteous is a "son of God",what can be say about the small "god"?!!!)

NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:

Isaiah 43:10 (King James Version)

10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

they will argue that the word "god" is a title.that is fine.the word "president" is also a title but would you take the son of Goodluck Jonathan and also call him president?"god" means "supernatural being".what is supernatural about Jesus?Jesus said:

John 5:30 (King James Version)
30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

they will also say that satan is described in the bible as a "god" of this world.true.but satan is a "god" of this world to the wicked.if you take him as your "god" then you must be condemned.that does meant that satan is truly God.also the word "god" can be used in the figurative sense.but in john 1:1 and john 1:18 in the NWT,the word is used in the literal sense and that is to be rejected.

3.) they are victims of mind-control.they live under fear as they are afraid that if they disobey the Watch-Tower Organization they would not survive armagaedon.

take a look:

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/

4.) they make others believe that only them have the "name of God" and only their organization protect the name "Jehovah".a few points to note:

a.) the word "Jehovah" was never heard of before th 16th century
b.) the word "Jehovah" is derived from the tetragrammaton YHWH.when used in hebrew as in arabic,the word becomes YaHuWah which means "Oh He" or "He who causes, "
c.) the Watchtower organization itself,have made out so many words out of the tetragrammaton.the word changes in every language.for example in japanese the word is ehoba!!! the Jehovah's witness would argue that what is important is the preservation of the meaning and not the word itself or the way it sounds or is pronounced.that being the case,the monopoly the jehovah's witnesses are trying to claim over the tetragrammaton and the excuse they give for clinging onto the word and bragging is baseless.other religions as well as in other languages can also claim that they have the correct ways of calling God and naming Him as long as those names are not associated with idolatry or polytheism.in islam,Allah is a unique arabic word that is neither feminine nor masculine in nature and refers to the the One Supreme Being.Allah literal means "the One Absolute Unique God".we also find in the 112th chapter of the Holy Quran,God is refered to with the tetragrammaton in arabic.it says:Qul Huwwal-lahu Ahad.this means says:"He is Allah,The One".recall that earlier when we used the tetragrammaton in both arabic and hebrew it sounds like this:"Ya-Hu-Wa".in the bible anywhere the tetragrammaton is found,it written as :YHWH ELOHIM.ELOHIM=God.thus when we read the tetragrammaton in arabic and hebrew written with the word "Elohim" we get this:"Ya-Hu-Wa Elohim".this is exactly as written in the 112th chapter of the holy Quran and even the sound is almost the same.here we go:"Huwwal-Lah".the word "Ya" is an exclamation and the "im" in "elohim" is a suffix to show respect.lets get practical:Hu-Wa-Elo" and "Huwwal-Lah".do they sound alike when we remove the additions (i.e. the exclamation and the suffix denoting respect)??

5.) the word "Jehovah" does not appear once in the 27 books of the new testament but the watchtower has replaced "Jehovah" anywhere in the bible where God or "Lord" is mentioned.their excuse is that the hebrew original no longer exist but the most "orginal" manuscripts of the NT is in greek.if the name of God can be lost and doesnt appear once in the NT,what happens to the plenty talk that the Bible is divinely inspired??that is really not the issue but the issue is the hanky-panky that the watchtower has played in writing their version of the bible known as the New World Translation.

watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xg3jD_Gk-s&feature=player_embedded

6.) they will tell you how they are better than other christian denominations because they believe in the bible and know it better than others.if that it so,why do they use,read and always have the watchtower and awake magazines with them?why do they read those 2 magazines from their headquarters in brooklyn in all their kingdom hall meetings rather than readings the bible directly?that is the power of mind control.

7.) they submit all their personal informations to the kingdom hall and each member is strictly monitored.different areas are sgemented salesman's style and members are spread across to preach.when preaching they look for financial contributions which are given to the kingdom hall.members that do not go on preaching are under threat of disfellowshipping and sometimes members would therefore give false records of their preaching time.the kingdom hall ask for monthly reports of how many hours each member has preached,going house to house salesman style.if you dont go preaching you are under fear of not surviving armageddon.that is another way of mind control and controlling the lives of members.

8.) in their meetings or study they are taught how to approach people based on their identity.they are programmed or brainwashed on how to preach to muslims and other christian denominations.they memorise particular bible verses relevant to their sphere of preaching as states in the their "theocratic ministry" literature supplied from brooklyn.they dont know anything about the bible nor do they have a personal relationship with the bible or even God.they are simply servants of their organization and they are taught and they repeat everything like donkeys.no independent thinking.they must not even doubt lest they be accused of being under satanic influence.they should not read what is not literature from the organization.

engaging them in religious discussions is a waste of time (except by the grace and mercy of Allah) as they have being programmed to believe nothing you tell them but to always counter.if they cant counter your points,they withdraw or would rather not engage at all in such discussions even during their preaching tours.

9.) they refuse blood transfusion and would rather commit obvious suicide when in need of blood.why?the watchtower does not allow its members to take blood transfusion.they misinterprete a verse in isaiah denouncing the consumption of blood to equate it with transfusion which is for medical purpose.if you check their purses and wallets,you will find a card they carry to note that they do not accept blood transfusion.this is done as such to prevent others from giving them blood incase of emergency like an accident when a witness would be unconscious.this is another mind control system.

10.) jehovah's witnesses are one group that suffers the most from mental related disorders.if you really associate with them,you will notice things like how depressed they are,their mood-swings are magical (one minute happy,the next automatically sad and quarrelling),etc.ofcourse,you cant tell them this and they will believe eventhough they themselves know their life is not a happy one.they pretend alot so dont expect them to accept anything you tell them even if what you're saying is truth.they try to demoralize you and make themselves feel superior.they are simply psychos.many would view them as "not normal".but ofcourse dont expect them to accept that.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by vescucci(m): 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
My word
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Felibaby(f): 2:48am On Feb 19, 2011
Jehovah witness, yuck undecided

They are not christians. They dont even call themselves christians. They are witnesses.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by 5solas(m): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2011
vedaxcool:

Pity, one reason you should not be lazy, try to live a righteous life instead of waiting for jesus to foot your sinful wages, believe me he aint gonna do such a thing.

OK, I see were you are coming from. GRACE-it is what makes christianity distinct from other religions.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by 5solas(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2011
vescucci:

Lager, you started out as though in support countering the previous poster's point but later it looked like you were now giving your own anti-JW points. Which is it?

I wonder.

@Poster.

Please take Lager's 9th and 10th reason for mine.Also see these threads - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4050.0.html and  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-531625.0.html.

@Lager.

Thanks  grin grin grin.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by JohnOneOne: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2011
New World Translation - John 1:1c - "and the Word was a god."

Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses' "New World Translation" Bible and its rendering of John 1:1, it may interest you to know that, in support and explanation of their wording of this verse (especially within the third clause with "a god"wink, there is soon to be published a 19+ year study (as of 2/2011), a thoroughly researched reference work - an historical analysis & exhaustive annotated bibliography - as it will be entitled, "What About John 1:1?"

To learn more of its design and expected release date, we invite you to visit:

http://www.goodcompanionbooks.com

When finally published, apart from discussing many other topics and scriptures related to the Trinity, you will discover that there are some 400+ scholarly reference works (including those by Trinitarians) which have opted to say something other than, "and the Word was God," and that, among these are included over 120 which had chosen to use "a god" within the third clause of their renderings.

As you might expect, we are very excited at the opportunity to share our findings with others.

Agape, JohnOneOne.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2011
vescucci:

It is just sarcastic rhetoric grin tis the only way you can annoy a jehovah's witness, abusing them won't work, arguing won't either sad
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by vescucci(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
Aah, I see. They're trained. You're trained too
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Akwaowoa(m): 3:11am On Nov 09, 2011
@5solas & lagoshia. Honestly i cant stop laughing at your ridiculous claims. Im a witness from birth. And all you said is false. Pls reconsider your opinion. 'Faith without works is dead'. How do you expect the witnesses not to preach a works based salvation. Also on the new world translation. May i ask! Why do all clergy use only the king james version when there are over a hundred translations of the bible? Mind you ' the word was a god' is also found in other translations except the NWT. As i look at your post it seems you still have to study the witnesses more closely.[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Adexy4us(m): 12:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Where else can we go ? 4 all we need is in Jehovah's organization. Fellow witnesses in d house pls shun apostates & all their means 2 get attentions,,,,,,apeyinda ni won

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Oiza4yemi: 3:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Why must al dis lies said against jehovah's witnesses? Is d hatred that much? I wonder why they ar d most blackmailed set of people.from d critics i hav read i cnnt found any tin wrng dey hav dne.al dis false aligations makes me join jehovah's witness,because i wonder y even those that ar worshiping satan and other gods hate then,i later get to know dat the road to evalastn lif is narow only few people walk through it. Nw i wll like 2 share with u wht i know abt jehovah's witnesses. 1) dey believ in just one God 2) dey believ dat jesus was created by God and is d son of God. 3) dey also recognise jesus as dier prayer is directly thru him 4) al d holidays rejected by them if observed criticaly ar d days heinous crime ar mostly comited in d world 5) dey make sure dey do not participate in making any prophecy as dey believ only d prophecy in d bible.so people who said dey make prophecies are just transparent liers..d 1975 watchtower whch was allegedly quoted to predict d end time was completely misunderstood, 6) dey ar peace loving people except few who hav nt gain full understandn of being a witness. 7) dey dnt participate in politics because know d ungodliness involve in it. 9) dey ar conscious of d way they live nt to stain Gods name. Pls if u wnt 2 knw d real fact about d underlisted topics 4rm ur own bible pls cal yemi on 07038629181: 1) hell fire.. 2)immortality of soul 3)rapture 4) chrismas etc

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by telloboy: 7:42am On Aug 30, 2013
lagos shia or what u called urself ,don't mislead people on these

forum. i surspect u to be a disfellowship person or apostate .
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by LuthienOfMelian: 2:56am On Apr 22, 2015
Welll I'd Guess you'd consider me an outsider, I was born into a regular run of the mill middle class family in Ontario Canada and I've just randomly come across this video while searching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k8gA37KMGE

Copy and paste that into youtube.

It basically describes everything. It's not a safe environment for women or even children it seems if the men are the only ones who get a say in anything.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by johnw74: 3:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Akwaowoa:
@5solas & lagoshia. Honestly i cant stop laughing at your ridiculous claims. Im a witness from birth. And all you said is false. Pls reconsider your opinion. 'Faith without works is dead'. How do you expect the witnesses not to preach a works based salvation. Also on the new world translation. May i ask! Why do all clergy use only the king james version when there are over a hundred translations of the bible? Mind you ' the word was a god' is also found in other translations except the NWT. As i look at your post it seems you still have to study the witnesses more closely.[color=#006600][/color]

The saved work because they are saved,
jw think they save themselves, is jw saved? I don't believe so.

Salvation is from God through God given Faith.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by 5solas(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
johnw74:

The saved work because they are saved,
jw think they save themselves, is jw saved? I don't believe so.

Salvation is from God through God given Faith.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Good one.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by 5solas(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
lagerwhenindoubt:

Now that is cynical grin

1: They Turn popular Bible misconceptions on their head and tell you the Truth e.g Jesus did not die on the cross but on a Stake (whence Prince VLAD the Impaler got his impaling ideas)
2: God is not suffering from severe Mutliple-Personality disorder AKA Trinity Syndrome but is actually sane 1 person with 2 assistants who work in his authority
3: The Holy Spirit is God's impersonal active force not a REPO-man out to cash a cheque to the Devil for you soul
4: Jesus' ransom sacrifice did not include Adam, Ouch! that ought to hurt
5: Only the 144,000 Jehovah's Witness are born again. and will live in the new Heaven- so long for you suckers and tell that to Daddy GO grin
6: Satan was entrusted with the obligation and charged with the duty of overseeing the creation of the earth, (now i see why he had delusions of grandeur)
7: Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh (these guys should work well with Muslims)
8: The soul ceases to exist after death (makes you wonder really)
9: There is no hell of fire where the wicked are punished
10: Jesus did not rise from the dead in his physical body

@ Bolded
Now that is cynical grin
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by 5solas(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: 10 Good Reasons Not To Be A Jehovah's Witness. Any Idea? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 18, 2015
Jw are not true christians.they are hardened and mean.they lie a lot too n dey don't ave conscience.living a fake life they are no 1,they pretend a lot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / Jim Iyke: “I Have Moved On From My Beef With Olisa Adibua” / Why Daddy Freeze Blocks People On Instagram. Examining Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.