Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (407976 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Apollonio: 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2011
Subscribed.

And please may I suggest that this thread be displayed on the front page?.

A  big THANK YOU [color=#006600][/color]to all contributors.You may not realize the impact these information you are spilling here will have on prospective home owners.

God will surely be with you and see you through your various projects .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by soks: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2011
great job guys. this will help alot of nairalanders who are about to begin a project like this. looking forward to pictures smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2011
spyder880:

Am working on it. Am tyring to see if my Nokia N97 mini can snap and paste pictures on this site, if it fails I will take a digital camera to the site. Fhemmy, nice job you are doing in the auto section.

Thanks for the kind words . . . . .Still enjoying
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
I tried my best today to take and upload the photos
but seem my fone is not cannot send the photos to my lappy.
I will try tomorrow sha with some other phone.

This are the other things I forgot to put in my last emails

Rama(people that hit the sand on the foundation after the filling
before the german floor): N16,000.00
Water to wet the floor before rama: N10,000 (5 trips note that my well has not enough water that was why i couldn't use it)
People that fetch water for the german floor and the cost of drums to store the water in N4,500.00)
I have paid the Electrician to start the electrical works
and he is presently on it now
the total cost for the pipe the the electrical box and a/c pipes(note 7 a/c)
and labour is: N86,200 (labour was N28,000)
I really feel cheated on this eletrical thing sha
so what I did today was that
I went there and ask the man to add more switch to our original bergain
and he didn't ask for any extra charges

Once again sorry I couldn't get the photos
Tomorrow I assure you will not fail moi!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2011
^^^ Keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2011
They did another 10 bags of cement today, producing 336 blocks of 6". I paid N4000.00 for the job, bringing the total current expenses to N135,800.00.
The house plans are ready, the guy did a structural/architectural drawing alright but there are a few modifications from the pics you are going to see.
1. There is no toilet within the kitchen but a small kitchen store.
2. He is going to fit the fourth room upstairs as a bedroom with toilets and not a "family lounge" as he indicated in his plans.
3. That first room on the ground floor marked "visitors waiting room" is actually a visitor bedroom, the sitting room/parlour is going to have an entrance near the carport.
4. The small room between the master bedroom and the void (first floor) is actually my study room/home office. but not indicated as such.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
first one

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2011
Total expense to date is still N135,800.00
650 blocks on the ground, more blocks will be made tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for the update . . . .Following with a passion
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
There is still four pages of structural specifications and another two pages, one for the roof plan, another for the staircase plan and sizes, oh, there are more structural drawings, the window sizes etc. The right elevation, rear elevation which I couldnt upload due to time. I hope we get the feel of the house from these few pictures I posted.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
pic

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2011
more

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2011
pic

When the Carpenter finally remove the wood
I will post you some more pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:43pm On Feb 18, 2011
c

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
This is hw far that money has taken me
By next 2 weeks I will post some more pictures
because by then there would be some sore progress
OLUWA CHAMPION SHEY YOU KNOW
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2011
@ spyder880
Please what is the total cost of this architectural drawing(minus approval o)
mine bungalow
50k!!! if yours is 20k
that means I must have being reap off
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for the picx, and now it is a lot easier and more fun for us to match the money, the data and the rest with the pix . . . . . . . . .keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2011
If you dont mind me suggesting on this thread.
Just like you are updating the total cost spent on the house.

Would be so helpful to just update the number of bricks, rods, and other materials, even the number of load of sand . . . . . the number bags of Cement.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2011
^^^ Oga that would be asking for 2much na!!!
who want to dey go through that stress undecided
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
Am Alone:

^^^ Oga that would be asking for 2much na!!!
who want to dey go through that stress undecided

Chief, No vex, if that is too much, dont worry about it . . . .just taking note of the details on the thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:31am On Feb 19, 2011
Am Alone:

@ spyder880
Please what is the total cost of this architectural drawing(minus approval o)
mine bungalow
50k!!! if yours is 20k
that means I must have being reap off

My brother, na only N20k I pay o. It is cheap but my friend who took a look at the plans and the mistakes I spelt out earlier thinks the architect dubbed and drew another persons plan for me instead of drawing a fresh job. I think it may be true, maybe he used another clients four bedroom duplex and reconfigured it to six bedrooms for me, anyway, I dont mind. So far mine will be well built.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:05am On Feb 19, 2011
Fhemmmy:

If you dont mind me suggesting on this thread.
Just like you are updating the total cost spent on the house.

Would be so helpful to just update the number of bricks, rods, and other materials, even the number of load of sand . . . . . the number bags of Cement.

As at now, its only
5 trips of sharp sand
40 bags of cement
N3000 worth of water
These are expected to give me 1300-1400 pcs of blocks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2011
The boy helping my block maker didnt come to work today so only about 170 blocks were made from 5 bags of cement.
Bill = N2000
Total current expenses = N137,800.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2011
@
spyder880:

The boy helping my block maker didnt come to work today so only about 170 blocks were made from 5 bags of cement.
Bill = N2000
Total current expenses = N137,800.00

grin Oga if you do not take this your house will take you ages before it can be completed

My advise to you is; firstly do not use hand mold blocks to build your house because it is not advice-able
secondly to save time and money, build as soon as you can because the price of materials is increasing daily
for example,
I bought cement N1730 per bag
but now it is about N2000 in Lagos
and wood, I bought 700 is now 720
save time save money
and do not use hand mold blocks jorr
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 12:14am On Feb 20, 2011
What is the cost of the blocks in both sizes as at now?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kamisco: 12:35am On Feb 20, 2011
Interesting
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Feb 20, 2011
Am Alone:

@
grin Oga if you do not take this your house will take you ages before it can be completed

My advise to you is; firstly do not use hand mold blocks to build your house because it is not advice-able
secondly to save time and money, build as soon as you can because the price of materials is increasing daily
for example,
I bought cement N1730 per bag
but now it is about N2000 in Lagos
and wood, I bought 700 is now 720
save time save money
and do not use hand mold blocks jorr

I understand what you mean, however this will be my own house so am taking my time to do things in a different way. I have always built all my other houses (for tenants) with blocks bought from block industries. I have like 3 friends who make only blocks for a living and I can call as a good customer and 3000 blocks will be offloaded on my site this morning, (without paying cash for a month) but the objective of this thread is to find out which is better. I will draw an analysis of my block yields and compare it with bought ready-made blocks for us to see which is cheaper/better.

As for inflation and prices of materials, well things could also happen differently. There was a house I built in a hurry around 2006 and materials were very costly then (in the heat of Dangote/Ibeto wahala) . Imediately the house was done, Yar Adua allowed Ibeto to import cement and prices fell, I lost some money because I bought higher from Dangote. Prices go up and come down all the time butI can ride the waves.
The house will be started this coming saturday.

4 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Feb 20, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Didn't ask, but by Tuesday evening, I will get all the sizes and compare with the number of blocks I have on the ground and see if moulding is better or I will start buying henceforth. I will do the comparison here. I want to crack that myth that hand made blocks are cheaper, or stronger.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by COPILLAR(m): 9:56am On Feb 20, 2011
cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
@spyder880

Hand made blocks are stronger,
My point is, if you want your blocks to be mold by you
make sure they use machine in doing that
the manual one is no gud at all.
Except you like the man called 'quantity' grin

Anyways you are doing great
love it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Cos of block as at now
is
9 Inches Block: N140.00 per block
6 Inches Block: N130.00 per block

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2011
Am Alone:

@spyder880

Hand made blocks are stronger,
My point is, if you want your blocks to be mold by you
make sure they use machine in doing that
the manual one is no gud at all.
Except you like the man called 'quantity' grin

Anyways you are doing great
love it

I have seen blocks and seen more blocks, hand made, machine made, vibrated, and even bricks. Have used them at differnt times to do different jobs. Machine made blocks are cheaper but not stronger, the mass production effect and less man labour makes things cheaper but not stronger. Man in his profit maximization drive will always add more of the cheaper input (sand) to save more on cement.
Anyways, the main thing is to get the blocks fitted into the house, once it is chalked with cement, the pillars will do the remaining work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.