Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102277 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Guestlander:
That was Nigeria probably 100 year ago.
Even 40 years ago

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Diamondniyi(m): 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
robinso01:
Like I do always say, government is not the problem of Nigeria, but individuals. There's no excuse to be a thief, a thief is a thief. I've seen a lot of situations where Nigerians scam each others, is the government also responsible for that also. Nigerians just have bad mentality, all we could think of is getting joy by making others cry.
Who motivated the citizens?? Is it not your governments. 25years ago when we had better governments, is this how everything was? Trust me, main problem facing this nation are our leaders. 20% of the problems come from citizens

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Offpoint: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
You met one good Zimbabwean doesn't translate to all Zimbabweans being angels and Nigerians the devil.

Shit happens in every country

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lexy2014: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
GentleA:
Good and bad is not a question of Nationality but of personality. You just met a Good person in Zimbabwe, that doesn't necessarily imply that everyone in Zimbabwe is perfect. The same goes for Nigerians, we're not all bad, and they're places in Nigeria too where policemen Don't hold guns but battons. I guess the problem is that we keep mute about the good things in Nigeria, and its Good people, and only tell stories of the bad. That's what we should change!

Yes u are right but when it comes to stories shared by d op, it's very very difficult to fault what d op said

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ultron12345: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by IMAliyu(m): 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2020
Well few may still exist in this country.

When you don't trust yourself, you will not make the mistake of trusting some random person.

I still meet old people at ATMs that will try giving you their cards and telling you their pin to help them withdraw.
I'm usually like Baba I will help show you how to withdraw, but please don't tell me your pin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ultron12345: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
a
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by chris51(f): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=Vixlot post=92948134]

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/[/quote

Our problem is people who want to get rich by fire by force. They make the money by cruced means and never satisfied.

They end up badly, too.

Contentment is what makes a person happy and not material things.
I pray our people change for the better and focus on integrity.

4 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by wisest10: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
When Adams and eat are the forbidden fruit their eyes became open...the thing is that Many eyes for 9ja don open...you cant compare Zimbabwe to Nigeria, there are good people in Nigeria,but see where the problem lies.
If that eurocar was in Nigeria and the car was not returned by the actual person that borrowed it,staff of the company go still do their hustle.. grin grin....
Nigeria is all about hustling..God bless good people in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by chris51(f): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=chris51 post=92959608][/quote]
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Zchi1052(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
Choi!
Naija don go
No more respect even from the smaller countries
Ok now assuming you did that here in Nigeria... someone is already on standby to buy the car and take to the nearest place to scrap it

Omo ur stupidity for no get comparison

3 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by bamasite2: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by andyanders: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
It's even the nigerian police that encourage crime 'cus that is where they feed from. Immagine officers, well armed, would pick a bus by the road side and start kidnapping poeple and extorting money from them.

8 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
After watching Eddie Murphy's Trading places I really can't blame Nigerian much because we are quite smart and aggressive people my only worry with this story now is some people would travel to Zimbabwe to take Jack place and start a spare part export business .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Zinpat: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
Naija is excessively corrupt. Its only God dat can deliver us 4rm corruption.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by proclinician: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

You're not even sure if the guy that zoomed off his phone back This ur cawk and bull story get as e be..
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Skmoda360(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
robinso01:
Like I do always say, government is not the problem of Nigeria, but individuals. There's no excuse to be a thief, a thief is a thief. I've seen a lot of situations where Nigerians scam each others, is the government also responsible for that also. Nigerians just have bad mentality, all we could think of is getting joy by making others cry.
You have said it all.....

Use the incessant increase in the price of hydroxylchloroquine at 2500 but was increased to 50k because of Corona virus.......we have so many corrupt people in this country...

4 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ChilamNk(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
There are still honest people in Nigeria just that they are few and the chances of meeting one is slim..

3 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/

If he's my country man, i dare not try that. I wonder how we descended this low as a country.

why do people always live in denial in this country? Nigeria's foundation lies and garbages.

2015 open my eyes. Nigeria turns a pycho, a known religious fundamentalist, an ethnic bigot into a messiah ! because of tribals even when he can not provide any school certificate

Nigerians ask for Nepa bill in place of school certificate

can anybody estimate how many people have to die because of this stupid single act? and counting

5 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by whxi(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by eleojo23: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Diamondniyi:

Who motivated the citizens?? Is it not your governments. 25years ago when we had better governments, is this how everything was? Trust me, main problem facing this nation are our leaders. 20% of the problems come from citizens

But where do the leaders come from?

From another country or from among the citizens?

The answer to this question will help you see why the citizens are to blame.

4 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by careytommy37(m): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

I phones can easily be traced. You think the man is a fool?

6 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Diamondniyi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
They’ve spoiled the name NIGERIA globally. I could still remember when I was in Cotonou BENIN republic, anytime I drive my car with Nigeria plate number, the police there always stop me and ask for documents leaving the indigenous to go. What I mean here is that, anywhere you Provide your identification as a Nigerian in other countries, trust me they will always harass/suspect you for a bad act. Maybe this country should be renamed self

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by esthervera(f): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigerians are corrupt even when you do the right thing,they will tell you,you are not smart enough,they take ur good heart for granted.only God knows were we miss it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by djon78(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
hisgrace090:
What you experience is their original lifestyl while the one in Nigeria is ours.

So many other African countries are like that why once a Nigeria displays their behaviour in their midst they recorgnize immediately.

Almost all other African countries are very different from Nigerians.
They are simple, very easy going. Nigerians are very brash and loud mouthed. You can trust others Africans easily in financial dealings but very different here

Although on the flip side Nigerians are very daring while other Africans are timid

If we overcome the bad side, we can rule the world.

11 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by seyenko(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
The situation is prevalent all over Africa, people are still very disciplined and content.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Officialgarri: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Diamondniyi:

25 years ago?

25 years ago you say, you had better government, yet people like Fred Ajudua, and that Bank Manager that sold fake airport amongst other fraudsters were already beeing celebrated angry

What about the popular armed robbers?

A fraudster gets arrested, people come out to protest against the government to clamor for pardon. Yet, when other countries throw you out, you still come back to blame the government.

I'm glad other countries are throwing us out. It's a good one

8 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by namo77: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Our values have been destroyed totally....

We need to reset and rebuild...
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Newboss(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
rontolo:
The government has a massive role to play. Building a criminal justice system that works, so that crime is met with justice, quickly. Leaders must lead by example, not the flamboyance, rampant corruption of public officials.

The problem is our culture. We worship money. Get rich at all cost. Nobody bothers as to source.

I will be candid. I have no faith in Nigeria whatsoever. The future is extremely gloomy. The leaders we elect at all levels of governance is nothing short of a disaster!

This government talk is stale. If you do something because you're scared of getting punished for not doing it, baba, you're a shitty person who lacks character. I didn't say you have bad character; you don't have character at all.

Nigerians cast Nigeria, not just politicians. Case closed.

9 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by IMAliyu(m): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
robinso01:

You can even test this.

Try casually asking a Nigerian youth, "if you were to enter power and have the opportunity, will you steal?"
The answer is often disappointing.

5 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ojaysam25(m): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
They are bad people and Good people every where....just pray not to encounter the bad ones
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by bkool7(m): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
Genuine change begins with you and me.

People in government were once ordinary citizens like you and me.

They were bad and corrupt citizens that's why we have bad and corrupt government.

If we make up our minds to be incorruptible citizens, tomorrow, when faith takes us to position of government we will still be incorruptible.
May God help us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.