Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (14219 Views)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 3:23am On Jun 19, 2007
THE ISSUES OF LAND DOCUMENTATION AND PROPER BUILDING PERMIT ALSO POSE A GREAT DANGER TO THOSE WILLING TO OWN AND BUILD HOUSE WITHOUT KNOWING THE PROPER CHANNEL TO FOLLOW. THEREBY, BUILDING WITHOUT GOVERMENT MONITORING SO THAT GOVT CAN ACCESS THE BUILDING OKAY TO BE BUILD.
THE ISSUE OF KNOWING WHICH LAND IS FREE FROM GOVT AQUSITION AS WELL AS WHICH AREA IS ZONE FOR WHAT USE I.E. COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL, AGRIC, INDUSTRIAL, ETC.
ALL THESE AND MANY MORE POSES PROBLEM TO PROSPECTIVE YOUNG DEVELOPER WHO ONLY WANT A GOOD HOME TO LEAVE BUT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO GET LAND AND PARFECT THEIR DOCUMENT. POST YOU PROBLEMS AND OPINIONS OR MAIL ME AT sahidlateef@yahoo.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Forfavour(m): 2:19am On Jun 28, 2007
@Lasyem,

Are u govt worker or consultant? let us know your state coverage. I want to know the procedure for obtaining building approval plan in lagos in terms of fees & duration.

What relevant exprience do u have on this
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Forfavour(m): 2:20am On Jun 28, 2007
@Lasyem,

Are u govt worker or consultant? let us know your state coverage. I want to know the procedure for obtaining building approval plan in lagos in terms of fees & duration.

What relevant exprience do u have on this?
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2007
@FORFAVOUR, TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION, I WORK FOR LAGOS STATE GOVT I.E. PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, MY COVERAGE IS THE WHOLE LAGOS STATE. AS APPROVAL IT TAKES 30 DAYS IF THE LAND IS FREE. SO WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW IF IS FREE IS THE SURVEY PLAN. AS THE DOCUMENT FOR APPROVAL YOU NEED TITLE OF OWNERSHIP, TAX, 4 SET OF ARCH. DRAWING WHICH WILL BE USE TO CALCULATE THE FEE TO PAY TO GOVT. MY NO 08083308588 OR 08055170867. E-MAIL sahidlateef@gmail.com. FOR ASSIRTANCE YOU CAN CALL OR MAIL.
NB. THERE ARE PLOT OF LAND AT IKORODU ALONG IJEDE RD. FOR 150K
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by megapro(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2007
before you buy any land? get a lawyer to do a search. he will find out if there are issues like multiple sale, litigation or government gazettes on the land.
In lagos state, for a storey building, you need a survey plan, full architectural and structural engineering drawings including the calculations. for some other states you need a site analysis.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2007
@FORFAVOUR, TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION, I WORK FOR LAGOS STATE GOVT I.E. PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, MY COVERAGE IS THE WHOLE LAGOS STATE. AS APPROVAL IT TAKES 30 DAYS IF THE LAND IS FREE. SO WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW IF IS FREE IS THE SURVEY PLAN. AS THE DOCUMENT FOR APPROVAL YOU NEED TITLE OF OWNERSHIP, TAX, 4 SET OF ARCH. DRAWING WHICH WILL BE USE TO CALCULATE THE FEE TO PAY TO GOVT. MY NO 08083308588 OR 08055170867. E-MAIL sahidlateef@gmail.com. FOR ASSIRTANCE YOU CAN CALL OR MAIL.
NB. THERE ARE PLOT OF LAND AT IKORODU ALONG IJEDE RD. FOR 150K
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by trustboy: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2007
Lasyem,
Can you refrain from posting in block letters, its the equivalent of screaming when you speak.

1 Like

Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2007
@TRUSTBOY, I USE MY PHONE OFTEN WHILE AM POSTING AND IT IS ALWAYS ON UPPER CASE.
AND I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, AS YOU KNOW ITS NOT A KEYBOARD THAT YOU CAN MANUVRE ANYHOW. SO PLEASE ADJUST WITH ME.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Forfavour(m): 12:49am On Jun 29, 2007
@ Lasyem,
It's a proposed storey building of 4 block of 3 bedroom flat, working on the architectural drawing & structural drawing now. Just like normal 3bed room flat design. Can you figure the range of govt charges for me & i hope there will be official receipt for it.

Moreso are u an engineer or surveyor or what is ur job designation in the ministry? sorry if it sound offensive. it's better to know who i'm dealing with
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Forfavour(m): 1:22am On Jul 03, 2007
@Lasyem

Still waiting for ur response or u don vex? See my earlier postings for reference

Forfavour
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by thirdeye(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
There are straightforward and simple steps to take when you want to approve your building plans.
For a bungallow of just one floor you don't need structural drawings to get your building plans approved.
These are the set of your architectural drawings you need.
Site Location
Site Plan
Ground Floor Plan
Roof Plan
Sections (1 or 2)
Elevations for the four sides.
but if you are having a storey building, you need the structural drawings/designs as well
which may have these details,
Foundation
Floor slabs (1&2)
Column
Beams
Roof beam
And in some cases roof trusses especially if they are made of steel.
Money you pay for approval varies, it depends on the type of building, the negotiating power and how grounded your contact man, the height of the building (you can reduce this, by reducing your roof height),the location of the building (highbrow area e.t.c),is the building location free from any govt problems like, Acquired zones,drainage area,area marked for other purpose other than what you wants to use it for.

You can also read my piece on your building professionals role.

http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/bcsprof.htm
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2007
@forfavour, i send you a mail. i read urban and regional planning at school so, that makes me a town planner. i work presently with lagos state physical planning and development authority. send me a mail if you need any assistance concerning perfecting you land document as well as approval of building. cheeers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Forfavour(m): 2:22am On Aug 13, 2007
@Lasyem

I got your mail & will get in touch soon, i do hope to have a good working relationship with you.

Thanks
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2007
@ALL, thanks to you all. the approval procedure now takes lees than 30 days, as well as due to the resent colaspes of building collapse, some areas and development will have to pass through the governors office which might delay it for some few days, its all for the better. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by abocana: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2007
lasyem, i will really need to talk to you or chat online with ya.

I'm looking forward to obtain governor consent on my property at oke-ira nal at ajah,along Ado road.

I've been hearing difference stories on the paper.I've got the above documents for the property, the house is almost done.

a)Purchasing receipt by the seller
b)survey plan
c)Deed of assignment by my lawyer.

kindly let know, i don't reside in nigeria,but seem my lawyer is not serious or playing games with me.
Thanks.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by abocana: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2007
THE PROPERY IS NOT UNDER GOVERNMENT OWNED.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2007
@Abocana, hope you have gotten building plan aproval, if not then you broken a law, cos you have started building. anyway no cos for alarm. as 4 the CofO. I can get it for you. call me on 017429269 or 08083308588. e-mail me sahidlateef@gmail.com. hope to hear from you soon. cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by abocana: 4:49am On Aug 19, 2007
i will try and call you soon,but can u tell me know the requirement?

Anyway,talk to ya soon on the phone.

1 Like

Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by abocana: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2007
I've got building approval from the govt. can u let me know the requirement to obtain cof 0?

I will try and call ya soon.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by kamuzu(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2007
Thirdeye, Point of correction, its not in all cases that bungalows dont require structural drawings. Sometimes they do. You cannot get approved plan for a bungalow in the underlisted areas without a structural drawing

Okota,
Ajo Estate,
Amuwo Odofin,
Lekki/Ajah corridor of lagos.

In essence, if the location of your property is water logged or prone to flood, then you MUST get an engineer to design the appropriate foundation for your building.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 12:38am On Aug 21, 2007
@kamuzu, thanks for the information i realy appretiate your contribution.cheers
@abocana, i have gotten some infomation concerning the C of O. cheers to all grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ALL, someone called me about a land at ikorodu, that person should send me a private mail at sahidlateef@gmail.com. thanks grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ALL, the story so far about document pefection as lead to some demolition of properties worth millions of naria due to the negligence of the owner. these are some images of building demolished of resent due to not obeying standards and regulation, no approved plan as well as building on setbacks, canals, existing roads, under power line, on pipe lines etc .Attach"a stick in time saves nile"

Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2007
@ALL, hi guys its been awhile. is anybody not building anymore, thanks to all that shares there views. the land at ijede is still available. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by kamuzu(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2007
What part of Ijede is the Land located and what is it going for? In addition, lets know the kind of titles you have for the land.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2007
@Kamuzu, the land is off ijede road ,mowo kekere village. the cost is 150k for the new site, while the one a bit out is btw 250k to 350k. but not far from each other. you can call me or mail me direct my numbers are on my various post.
as for documentation, you can do that cos the land is free for residential and free from govt. aquisition. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by kamuzu(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2007
will holla u soon.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by ricki: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2007
where is ijede and how much is a plot
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:49pm On Sep 13, 2007
@ricki, it is at ikorodu and the price is btw 150k to 300k. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2007
@ALL, some one called me pls send me a mail on sahidlateef@gmail.com. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 1:31am On Sep 27, 2007
@all, hi guys, have anybody ever thougt about govt scheme. i.e government land put up for sale to the public. it comes with good title and "OMO ONILE" free. cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by EKENEA(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2007
LASYEM, Where is the GOV land ,Festac or Where.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Solid Reasons You Should Be Investing In Land Now / Construction Of Onikan Multi-storey Car Park Trailed By Controversy / Buy 5 and Get 1 Free On These Estates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.