Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People (1508 Views)

APC Has Nobody To Field In Adamawa Forth Coming Gov Election / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / Youths Sack Oil Workers From Marginal Oil Field In A/ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by hollandis(f): 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
I wonder why igbos are supoorting AC,it seems thwy haven't learnt from past mistakes,YORUBA people are cunning
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by MP007(m): 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2011
Why? The blantant truth is that an igbo man would never be voted in as the president of nigeria. Its not my opinion and wish but just a bitter truth. The hausa"s wouldn't let that happen and the yoruba's , well u don't trust each other
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by 1025: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2011
@o.poster,
the idea is that the yorubas via obasanjo had 8 useless yrs and then the hausas already had 4 useless yrs thru yar adua we are owing the hausas another 4 useless yrs.
if this is followed well, the igbos will be warming up for 2015 but they will never let this be hence the confussion from obasanjo's farm just to make sure the igbos will never have their ways.
obasanjo is smart but God is bigger than him. maybe one day, we will see obasanjo feed like a goat.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by EkoIle1: 12:31am On Feb 17, 2011
Is it not because ibo people go for the highest bidder? ACN is obviously not the highest bidder.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by fstranger3(m): 12:53am On Feb 17, 2011
Because as we speak, there is no credible Ibo man fit for the post
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by mensdept: 1:31am On Feb 17, 2011
How do you guys think a Igbo can "win" in Naija. Going from 1 out of 4 (or 2 of 4) to 5 out of 36? Unless there is unity in the south, plus the middle belters those fulani men are butcherin, then, can we talk of Igbo candidate.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Becomrichn: 5:08am On Feb 17, 2011
because Tinubu is a traitor that is why. Why not ask , why did tinubu not field a Yorubaman. too. He want to sell you people into slavery because of Oando oil.

This picture is the reason, why tinubu does not want any southerner to be president. because of oando oil. So southern can be his slave.

Your best hope at the moment is Dele momodu Or any southerner, Jonathan had 1 year to make change. he did not.

Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by ekubear1: 5:36am On Feb 17, 2011
Why should the ACN field an Igbo candidate?
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 17, 2011
eku_bear:

I suppose we should also spoon-feed them too. A tribe that boast superiority, yet begging/expecting  their "other" counterpart to get the job done for them. Laziness is soon becoming the second skin for these whiners.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by dayokanu(m): 5:44am On Feb 17, 2011
^^ Kilo se aago e?

@OP,
Why should ACN field an Igbo, Are Igbos banned from forming their own parties and fielding their own candidates? Or why are you depending on others to help you promote your candidates?
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 17, 2011
^^ I accidentally left it in one of my exam rooms, went back, it was gone. I'll get another one soon undecided
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Feb 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^ I accidentally left it in one of my exam rooms, went back, it was gone. I'll get another one soon undecided

This is phone number what within 2 yrs? O ye ko je koboko
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 17, 2011
dayokanu:

This is phone number what within 2 yrs? O ye ko je koboko
grin grin Ko n se # ni maa change. Awon ole kan n ji aago mi sha. I'm getting a ugly cheap one next time. Koboko abi? Se o ti di iya mi ni? cheesy

Anywaz, mo fe lo ka iwe mi, odaaro o. Oko gbogbo NL, one day I go tell mama about this your ashiness tongue
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by isalegan2: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2011
eku_bear:

Because it is a national party, not a Yoruba or SW party. At the moment its core support is in the SW region, but there is nothing stopping ACN from spreading its appeal to other regions.  I'm sure its leaders understand that, and will continue to work towards that goal.

Personally, I'd love to see an Igbo president within the next 5 years - the sooner the better.  It will unify the country, help heal old wounds and shut the door on the civil war for good.  A truly unified Nigeria is better able to fulfill her role (really, her destiny) as the leader in Africa.

/off my soapbox  smiley
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by ekubear1: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
^-- The way the OP presents his argument (and I mean "argument" in the loosest possible way), somehow not fielding an Igbo candidate this election cycle is some sort of great evil.

In which case. . . why aren't the PDP, CPC, APGA, etc getting flack for it?

Moreover, when did fielding an Igbo candidate become necessary to maintain credentials as a nationalist party? Who mandated this?

Finally, the sense of entitlement pisses me off. If you want an Igbo candidate, work for it. Don't whine and cry for someone else to give it to you.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by isalegan2: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2011
Bear, I was expressing my view on the sentence I highlighted.  Really, that is what caught my eye.  smiley
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by DisGuy: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2011
Why is APGA not fielding an Igbo Candidate?

Atleast the he ACN has members in other state outside the SW the APGA is like the UKIP party only igbo members allowed  tongue
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Mobinga: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2011
I dedicated my signature for people on this thread. Read it and Enjoy. Phucking Basturds
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Ramon2: 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2011
Why would anyone but a joker want to be the presidential candidate of a flip-flopping failing party? The fact that Ribadu and Tinubu are now friends speaks volume of the corruption in their party. Even Buhari knew better and gave them 100 yards. Also, the fact that failing ACN appointed candidates instead of electing them makes it a no go area for decent non-Rascals smiley grin grin grin grin. I heard Tinubu RASCALLY appointed his own wife to go to the senate. That one na RASCAL family party.

Non-Yorubas may go into ACN to provide some space to enable them win local or state elections in their states and then move back to their original parties when they succeed.

Mark my word, ACN will be dead outside of Yorubaland after the elections have been won and lost. Tinubu is too rascally for any decent person to associate with.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Gbawe: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2011
@poster.

What will you not indict the Yoruba man of? If you fail to sleep at night you will , somehow , blame your insomnia on the Yoruba man !! If the ACN had fielded an Igbo candidate I can bet any money you will be the first to shout that those "wayo" tribalist are trying to set up and humiliate an Igbo man .
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by ekubear1: 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ramon2:

Why would anyone but a joker want to be the presidential candidate of a flip-flopping failing party? The fact that Ribadu and Tinubu are now friends speaks volume of the corruption in their party. Even Buhari knew better and gave them 100 yards. Also, the fact that failing ACN appointed candidates instead of electing them makes it a no go area for decent non-Rascals smiley grin grin grin grin. I heard Tinubu RASCALLY appointed his own wife to go to the senate. That one na RASCAL family party.

Non-Yorubas may go into ACN to provide some space to enable them win local or state elections in their states and then move back to their original parties when they succeed.

Mark my word, ACN will be dead outside of Yorubaland after the elections have been won and lost. Tinubu is too rascally for any decent person to associate with.

And yet, when it is all said and done, the PDP is likely to lose substantial amounts of territory this election to the ACN and CPC.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by dominique(f): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
igbos on nairaland, this 'everybody-hates-us-cos-we're-ibo' attitude is starting to get old. you people are guilty of the tribalism you're forever accusing the yoruba of. i'm starting to get paranoid if my ibo friends are really my friends afterall undecided
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Ramon2: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2011
eku_bear:

And yet, when it is all said and done, the PDP is likely to lose substantial amounts of territory this election to the ACN and CPC.

When all is said and done, PDPand not ACN, will produce the president in the coming election. ACN has failed a priori.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by ekubear1: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ramon2:

When all is said and done, PDPand not ACN, will produce the president in the coming election. ACN has failed a priori.

Will be interesting to see how effective the PDP presidency is when it controls less than half of states, and likely loses control of the senate and house.

I dey laugh o!
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by ekubear1: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2011
dominique:

igbos on nairaland, this 'everybody-hates-us-cos-we're-ibo' attitude is starting to get old. you people are guilty of the tribalism you're forever accusing the yoruba of. i'm starting to get paranoid if my ibo friends are really my friends afterall undecided

On the internet, Cryafrans are legion grin

Just ignore or mock them.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by DisGuy: 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2011
dominique:

agree with you, but your friends are your friends as long as tehy are not on Nairaland, even the most rational personal will start getting ideas

Sometimes i just wonder how people work together with other Yorubas, Hausas (muslims) at work in maybe lagos or some other parts of the country with this level of reverse hatred
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Ramon2: 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2011
eku_bear:

Will be interesting to see how effective the PDP presidency is when it controls less than half of states, and likely loses control of the senate and house.

I dey laugh o!

Nigeria is not USA. Even Tinubu, and certainly Tinubu's wife, will be licking Jonathan's arse after the election and how will PDP lose control of the House? How many Yorubas are in the house?
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by ekubear1: 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ramon2:

Nigeria is not USA. Even Tinubu, and certainly Tinubu's wife, will be licking Jonathan's arse after the election and how will PDP lose control of the House? How many Yorubas are in the house?

It isn't ACN alone that is looking to take away PDP states. . . in fact, likely the greatest loss will come elsewhere
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by jason123: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2011
dominique:

You could not have said that better. Nowadays, I feel paranoid among my friends involuntarily. It is just so sad that igbos on NL hate yorubas yet I see igbos and yorubas on the street talking, doing businesses and even marry. My closest friend is igbo. My GF is igbo. But some of the igbos on NL just give igbos a bad name. The question I love one of these anti-yoruba, anti-Nigeria igbos to answer is, If you hate Nigeria and Nigerians so much especially the yorubas, why do you want to be their president? Is it to inflict pains on them or what?! The reason I am asking this question to show them the paradox they are creating. Mo
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by Ramon2: 6:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
eku_bear:

It isn't ACN alone that is looking to take away PDP states. . . in fact, likely the greatest loss will come elsewhere

Matters less as long as Tinubu and his ACN are nowhere near majority. Moreover most of the non-PDP members will gravitate BACK toward the PDP no sooner than they are elected. So, head or tail, ACN loses.
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by aljharem11(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2011
dominique:

you have to understand the igbo brain

there are 2 types of igbos in the world

1.) the biafra supremest ones /stup.id ones mostly found in the east of nigeria and america

2.) live and let's live igbos they love everyone,.,.,., they are mostly found in lagos, abuja etc

now you have to ask you friend what he think about biafra to be able to categorise him/ her

if his respond is " i do not care we are brothers" or something along that line, then he is number 2

but if it is " you bloody yoruba/ hausa people are killers may they rot in hell" or something along that line then he is number 1

try it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy it works all the time grin grin grin

i am igbo myself cool
Re: Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People by DisGuy: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ramon2:

A random survey conducted by the North-west zone of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has led to dire projections that the ruling party may lose six out of the seven states in the zone.

According to party insiders who spoke with THISDAY yesterday, the projection is that PDP risks losing in Kaduna, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina and Kano. The only state considered safe is Jigawa.

The North-west is seen as the biggest voting bloc in the country, although no single party has won in all the states in general elections since 1999.

Currently, PDP controls all states but Kano in the zone, but the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), founded by Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, who is also its presidential candidate, is said to be the first choice among the people who are said to be passionate about a Northerner regaining power at the centre.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-fears-losing-in-6-north-west-states/86409/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. / Curbing Violence In Nigeria / Anambra Debunks Sanusi Lies On Islamic Bank Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.