Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

We Are God's Offspring - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are God's Offspring (815 Views)

We Are God!!!!! / Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! / Where Are God's Artifacts? The Stone Tablets, Arron's Rod, The Cross, Arketc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are God's Offspring by PastorAde: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2011
[center]We Are God’s Offspring[/center]

For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring’ (Acts 17:28, emphasis added).

…The son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Cainan, the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God (Luke 3:37-38, emphasis added).

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed (John 8: 34-36).

The word offspring is defined as children or young of a particular parent or progenitor. What does the first Scriptures above mean? In Him we live, and move, and have our being; as some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring’. The first man God made was Adam. God formed Adam’s body from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and Adam became a living being (Genesis 2:7). So Adam began to live, and move and have his being by the breath or life of God in him. The breath or life of God was the source of Adam’s breath. That makes God the Father of Adam. That also makes Adam the son of God. The genealogy of Adam is given in the second Scriptures above. Adam was directly the son of God.

God is a Master Manufacturer. He made Adam in His image and likeness as the first sample so that out of Adam there will be a mass production of all other human beings exactly as the first sample. This, then, is the origin of all human beings – we are God’s offspring.

Adam had a relationship of son ship with God his Father until he sinned by disobeying God’s command not to eat of the forbidden fruit. He therefore became a sinner and a slave of sin. All humanity suffered the same fate because we proceeded from Adam.

In order for God to redeem all humanity who are His offspring and to restore them to son ship, He had to send Jesus, the second Adam Who is the Lamb of God slain from before the foundation of the world to die and shed His blood to take away the sin of the whole world. All humanity are prodigal sons of God. For us to be reunited with God and be uplifted from the status of servants or slaves to sin, we have to acknowledge God’s love to us and receive the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. As many as receive king Jesus into their hearts, they will be cleansed and washed in His blood and will be given the power to become sons of God (See John 1:12).

There are two categories of people in the world today – sons (or daughters) of God and slaves (or servants) of sin. Which category do you belong to in all honesty? You are either a son of God or a slave of sin. God has already made the provision for you to become His son or daughter. Jesus is the provision. He came to restore you to God’s kingdom and son ship. Remember if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. Will you be restored? Will you cease being a slave of sin? Will be become who you are really supposed to be – God’s offspring? If so, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Wash away my sins. I confess you as my Savior and Lord. I am now your offspring in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Again / Letter To My Follow Brothers And Sisters In Our Beautiful State Jos / Adeboye Takes Terror War To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.