Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Is Maya The Best For 3d? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Is Maya The Best For 3d? (1520 Views)

HELP: I Came Across With This Two Softwere For 3d Character Animation / Whatsapp & Bbm Group For 3d Modellers And Animators(game Development) / Maya And 3dMax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Maya The Best For 3d? by virtjock(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2007
I have some experience using design applications, but when it comes to 3d applications, I guess it only Maya that I've had the chance to work with, I know there are others that why am asking.
Maybe theres someone out there with more experience on 3d applications.
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by grafikdon: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
NO. Maya is not the best, there is no such thing as the 'Best' 3D application since they all come with strengths and weaknesses, or to put it in a more appropriate perspective, some have features that far outshine the features in others while it takes a huge amount of time to do something in one app that usually requires little or no time in the other app. 'Best 3D app' only exist in the world of people with proficiency limited to one 3D app or those who think they have tried ''them'' all when they only doodled with ''them'' or brushed the surface without actually coming up with any tangible project.

If you're already comfortable with Maya, why bother with other apps? Unless there's something that's giving you migraine in Maya, I suggest you stick with that. I am an advocate of mastering multiple 3D apps but the biggest down side is you are exposed to all their strengths and weaknesses , making it impossible to do anything with one app from scratch. This is not necessarily a bad thing but it could become a huge source of frustration and confusion if you're working on a very large project.
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by shadyshaz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2007
MAYA is the best. Dont mind him,
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by grafikdon: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2007
Yeah, maya is the Best. . . same way the Caucasians are the BEST human beings in the whole world. . .
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by shadyshaz(m): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2007
caucasians are the best humans in the world? u really think so? wow thas harsh. Wa ever u do just dont kill ya self. race is never an issue
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by grafikdon: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2007
I am glad my post made the intended impact. You see how ridiculous my post (about Caucasians) is? That's how ridiculous it is to say 3D app X is the best. cheesy
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by virtjock(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2007
i think i get the message.

Thanx
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by richylaw(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2007
Grafikdon , sure you've spoken well
Re: Is Maya The Best For 3d? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2007
;d

(1) (Reply)

3dnigeria.com Launches Training Dvd Series / Autocard 2011 64bit And 32 Bit Version Software / I Want Someone To Teach Me How To Direct And Edit Movies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.