Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession (14151 Views)

See How Dagrin Fans Remembered Him Today / Stop Comparing Me To Dagrin- Olamide Cries Out To Fans / Pictures Of Olaonipekun Olaitan (dagrin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by macjive01: 3:25am On Feb 20, 2011
What do you get when a witch is on Youtube (a video sharing website where users can share, upload and watch videos)? She confesses about many things especially about late rapper, Dagrin. You also get mixed reactions in the form of “authoritative” analysis, illogical explanations, denials etc.
Lately, twitter was awash with info from Nigerians about “a witch” who claimed to be helping some Nigerians in climbing the ladder of success .

The “witch” (Esther Falodun) mentioned many notable Nigerians from Obasanjo to Babaginda but what caught many people’s attention was that Dagrin’s name is on her list as well as Fathia’s and Saidi Balogun in the video titled Asiri Nla.
Sources said the alleged “witch” died immediately after her confession in which she claimed to belong to the same group as Fathia Balogun and that she helped Dagrin to attain fame and popularity. Falodun said she had to cut him “short” when he did not honor his part of the deal.

Dagrin’s name in her list of beneficiaries surprised quite some people, because the deceased rapper died within six months of his rise to stardom. It’s indisputable that the late rapper became famous by featuring in YQ’s album in 2009. He established himself as an artist of note with lyrical rhythms and many collabos . His second album was a classic hit and many predicted he would rule 2010, but just when the fame and money started rolling in, Dagrin, whose real name is Olaitan Olaonipekun died few days after a ghastly motor accident at a Lagos hospital.

Falodun’s confession which is on CD is selling in Lagos and has resulted in a controversy about the authenticity of her confessions. Many believe her confessions were stage-managed.
Tunde, Dagrin’s manager, said the woman lied. “The whole thing was cooked-up . We don’t have time for people like that. The young woman also alleged she helped Obasanjo and Babaginda. How old was she to have helped these people? Secondly, she confessed in a room privately. A confession is not done in a room, it is done publicly. They are looking for what to eat” he concluded.

Ope Banwo said the video and confession CD is “riddled with inaccuracies, production and factual flaws” . “To be honest with you, the whole thing is fake. I have watched the video and I’m sure the whole thing is fake. The video depicted a woman who had been beaten . A chicken was beside the woman and it didn’t move for one hour. Does that look real to you…?

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2011/feb/20/showpiece-20-02-2011-001.htm
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by TewMuch: 3:30am On Feb 20, 2011
Protect your integrity and desist from daft threads in the politics section. Witch ko, aje ni. That is why you are still trapped in poverty. When your fellow man is sharply taking charge of his destiny whether through talent or robbing you blind, your lazy ass sits back and claims the person is a wizard. Emancipate yourself from the shackles or ignorance and laziness. It is well with you. If an enigma is too much for you to understand, the least I would expect is for you to discern daft news.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by fstranger3(m): 3:40am On Feb 20, 2011
Is the witch hot?
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by macjive01: 3:41am On Feb 20, 2011
i really admire dagrin, he was a real metaphor, a true symbol of creativity and good sound, but if the confession is true then it brings up the argument ; "how far and wide wud a man venture to acquire ill suited success."

what is the true cause of his death. (forget d accident report ooh )

was his creativity from the spirit world?

if true, to the innocent man listening to his cd's , is there going to be a spiritual adverse effect to his ears, if nt his mind and soul ?

i have heard people say , "juju is real. .  . "
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 20, 2011
Nonsense. Witch ko, goblin ni.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by SEFAGO(m): 3:56am On Feb 20, 2011
Look at my sig.

I salute Barack O'grin
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by fstranger3(m): 4:09am On Feb 20, 2011
^^^

Mr. Ajebotti, you do actually know Dagrin?

Hmmm. . . wonders shall never cease.

I am sure that your limited understanding of the language would prolly make it difficult for you to have a broader understanding of his message as he does use a lotta proverbs which most likely you may not have been taught at Olashore.

That said, I am immensely happy that people like you, the high and the mighty in our Obodo-Naija society, appreciate his talent.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by SEFAGO(m): 5:31am On Feb 20, 2011
^ Oh please

Listen this is how my life was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7p6inMkT9c&feature=related

Comeon this guy was the king. Witches cannot have done this  grin

1 Like

Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Osama10(m): 5:40am On Feb 20, 2011
shocked @ your signature lipsrsealed.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by fstranger3(m): 5:57am On Feb 20, 2011
SEFAGO:

^ Oh please

Listen this is how my life was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7p6inMkT9c&feature=related

Comeon this guy was the king. Witches cannot have done this  grin

So you once led a life of an armed robber?

Once worked as a brick layer?

Once lived on the street?

So how did you end up at Olashore?

You've got yo be kidding me?

There is nothing wrong in living the good life. The more you deny, the more you come off Jenifa-like, and the more I doubt your authenticity. grin
Sure you arent from Latvia?

On the other hand, I did everything he described in the song and some.  I am the original "shon of the soil" who rose up from dirt by sheer will and determination. I am  going to be the Fola Adeola, Mike Adenuga and, Abiola, and Wale Tinubu of your generation. Watch out.

While you are ensconced in your Ajebotti world, safely sheltered in the able walls and shelters of academia, I will be ruling the world of corporate Naija, prolly flying all over the world in part attending to business concerns, but mostly trying to hide my money from the prying eyes of ajebbottis like you.

To have a better understanding of my life, click on the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXl0ukGh3VM&feature=related
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 20, 2011
confession ko,baptism ni. . .awon oloshi angry angry
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Rhino5dm: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2011
stu.pid witch!  sing along with me . . . .  . . . PON PON PON----------DaGrin

(my favourite part cheesy cheesy) second verse.

"owon Ibo won fi mi sere be mugu"

"tu won ba ri mi, wani se you be Ibo, se you be Anambra, abi you be Imo"

"ma fi ye won pe [size=14pt]I be omo OGUN[/size]"

"ti awon girls ti won ba ri mi wa ni omo Odun"

"bi mo sen rap ero bi pe mon lo OGUN"

"am a solder boy you called me Akogun"
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

stu.pid witch!  sing along with me . . . .  . . . PON PON PON----------DaGrin

(my favourite part cheesy cheesy) second verse.

"owon Ibo won fi mi sere be mugu"

"tu won ba ri mi, wani se you be Ibo, se you be Anambra, abi you be Imo"

"ma fi ye won pe [size=14pt]I be omo OGUN[/size]"

"ti awon girls ti won ba ri mi wa ni omo Odun"

"bi mo sen rap ero bi pe mon lo OGUN"

"am a solder boy you called me Akogun"

dont mind them jare.it could be the handwork of some alaba ibo boys trying to sell their fake cds. angry shocked
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Tasma: 7:43am On Feb 20, 2011
Yeh and snoop dogg has an Ifa shrine in his Jacuzzi! Just wasted five valuable minutes reading this.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by shotster50(m): 7:45am On Feb 20, 2011
@ OP
Bull.shyte.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Afanna1: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2011
ijebu and witchcraft,
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 20, 2011
no. . .okija shrine
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by macjive01: 9:54am On Feb 20, 2011
#Afanna:

ijebu and witchcraft,

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by fstranger3(m): 9:57am On Feb 20, 2011
macjive01:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are you done stalking Odunnu's profile?

Is that why you are happy? undecided
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by KnowAll(m): 10:01am On Feb 20, 2011
confession of a wictch born many dcades b4 IBB and OBJ, Uhmmm some story. Tales from moonlight And I woke up!!!
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2011
macjive01:

What do you get when a witch is on Youtube (a video sharing website where users can share, upload and watch videos)? She confesses about many things especially about late rapper, Dagrin. You also get mixed reactions in the form of “authoritative” analysis, illogical explanations, denials etc.
Lately, twitter was awash with info from Nigerians about “a witch” who claimed to be helping some Nigerians in climbing the ladder of success .

The “witch” (Esther Falodun) mentioned many notable Nigerians from Obasanjo to Babaginda but what caught many people’s attention was that Dagrin’s name is on her list as well as Fathia’s and Saidi Balogun in the video titled Asiri Nla.
Sources said the alleged “witch” died immediately after her confession in which she claimed to belong to the same group as Fathia Balogun and that she helped Dagrin to attain fame and popularity. Falodun said she had to cut him “short” when he did not honor his part of the deal.

Dagrin’s name in her list of beneficiaries surprised quite some people, because the deceased rapper died within six months of his rise to stardom. It’s indisputable that the late rapper became famous by featuring in YQ’s album in 2009. He established himself as an artist of note with lyrical rhythms and many collabos . His second album was a classic hit and many predicted he would rule 2010, but just when the fame and money started rolling in, Dagrin, whose real name is Olaitan Olaonipekun died few days after a ghastly motor accident at a Lagos hospital.

[b]Falodun’s confession which is on CD is selling in Lagos [/b]and has resulted in a controversy about the authenticity of her confessions. Many believe her confessions were stage-managed.
Tunde, Dagrin’s manager, said the woman lied. “The whole thing was cooked-up . We don’t have time for people like that. The young woman also alleged she helped Obasanjo and Babaginda. How old was she to have helped these people? Secondly, she confessed in a room privately. A confession is not done in a room, it is done publicly. They are looking for what to eat” he concluded.

Ope Banwo said the video and confession CD is “riddled with inaccuracies, production and factual flaws” . “To be honest with you, the whole thing is fake. I have watched the video and I’m sure the whole thing is fake. The video depicted a woman who had been beaten . A chicken was beside the woman and it didn’t move for one hour. Does that look real to you…?

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2011/feb/20/showpiece-20-02-2011-001.htm

dagrin's rise to fame is unrivaled,so you should expect this kind of propaganda against him.meanwhile,some ibo boys are smiling to the banks selling this

this cd to people. shocked
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by macjive01: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2011
fstranger3:

Are you done stalking Odunnu's profile?

Is that why you are happy? undecided

lol, obviously u were stalking me as well.

i like u dude, i think we re of like mind. u dig kobo, o God, i dig her real gud as well.   

get over to sexuality, a new tori is coming on board.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by macjive01: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

confession ko,baptism ni. . .awon oloshi angry angry

lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by macjive01: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2011
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by yemmight(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2011
So the witch went to studio as if she was to release an album? Nothing we no go hear. And Lagosian can buy anything. angry
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Pweety4me(f): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2011
Like his manager said they are "looking for what to eat". . lol iton to fe je lon wa(my yoruba no perfect sha)

Hmm but then again nothing is impossible, especially when we talking about a country like NIGERIA! lipsrsealed

'no offeinse'  undecided (it's good to be honest}
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

Is the witch hot?
Womanizer of the Federal Republic
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by Sabawaleklazik(m): 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2011
guyz just watch d film. Diz tin no freak me oh. Bkuz of a burning house and so. Tsw oloshi.
What about d 9ja civil war, nah dem, d world war 1 and 2 nah dem.

Even nah dem kill jesus and ceasar. Hahahahahahaha. Trash.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by persist: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2011
I sat down and watched the whole " spiritual " thing on facebook. I have some questions though

1) The woman looked so beaten up and after the show she was released to go to her house? I don't get it she was rescued so she can come to the studio and after like 3 days the authenticity can't be verified cause the man said she vanished/died.

2) The host of the program should be sued for molesting a woman by beating her up and if he claims to saving the woman then he ought to have handed her over to the police.

3) She claimed the sosoliso plane crash and like's were caused by them . I have heard several acclaimed people laying claims to this stuffs also. It is just like terrorist trying to claim a Natural disaster as their own. I am sure she started the earthquake in japan.

If they can do all this for different do well in the society and kill some of them afterwards why can't she also become famous naah or she doesn't like the money ni.

Respect to Dagrin No mind them jor!
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by doublekay: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2011
~Bluetooth:

dagrin's rise to fame is unrivaled,so you should expect this kind of propaganda against him.meanwhile,some ibo boys are smiling to the banks selling this

this cd to people. shocked
y ibo boys
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by babyphace(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2011
Haven't seen the video or heard d cd either,but I'm pretty sure dagrin was successful based on talent and self belief.But honestly, and I speak from personal witnessing,I knew people while on campus that visited "babalawos" just for enough money to buy new phones and clothes.Our generation has been so oppressed that "reward" after this life seems to be nothing more than a consolation prize.They want it right now.Half the people I know have sold their souls for peanuts.RIP to dagrin though.
Re: Exposed! - Dagrin Success Was Aided By Witchcraft - True Confession by kandiikane(m): 1:33am On May 15, 2011
I also confess oo. I am a witch.

Ok, lets say hypothetically he was aided that would explain why he died all of a sudden when he was getting better. His injuries were not major to have killed him.

Even if he was bleeding internally it would not have taken him that long to die.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS : Meet Heavily-endowed And Madly Curved Dottylana / Bride Took Her Wedding Dress To The Next Level (see Photos) / Photo: What Is Wizkid Doing To Rihanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.