Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Java Has Failed! - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Has Failed! (22236 Views)

Common Error In Laravel #1:solved File_put_contents Failed To Open Stream / Retrieving The COM Class Factory For Component With CLSID {587CCA26-D3FA-402C-B5A0-259DF7E96D55} Failed Due To The Following Error: 80040154. / Rynga Voip Issues - The Call Failed Due To Sound Device Problem On This Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Java Has Failed! by javaprince(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2008
@topic, I hate to bring up this topic up again.
But I just want to show how bad ignorance is, and the beauty of Knowledge.

Java Has Failed WHAT a Silly Thought.
Re: Java Has Failed! by candylips(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2008
Java has not failed . yet cool
Re: Java Has Failed! by javalove(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2008
candylips:

Java has not failed . yet cool

meaning it would still fail, ? is that what u mean?
Re: Java Has Failed! by candylips(m): 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2008
sorry i don't have a crystal ball . . .
Re: Java Has Failed! by Unicorn: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2008
who says Java has failed? it's so sad to hear that. may be a tour to the world of JavaFX, JSF, J2ME and lately LWUIT will do. Java still remain and will ever be the universal language which every programmer must embrace.

Java Rules.
Re: Java Has Failed! by malone5923(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2008
Java is the best web application in the software market and you call it a failure. What will define to be failure, comparing other programs we have in the market for me java is the best JAVA IS THE KING followed closely by c++ then vb(total rubbish) angry
Re: Java Has Failed! by javarules(m): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2008
Java has failed? I got only one answer www.java.com, if a language does all that and it has failed, show me a language that does more! ciao
Re: Java Has Failed! by Bossman(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2008
No need to keep feeding this baseless thread. The statement  is so false that it makes absolutely no sense!
Re: Java Has Failed! by oluk2: 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2008
hi, y'all. java has not failed in any way. first, javascript is not from sunmicrosystem but from netscape. there is a minimum requirement to run java applications that has been deployed on any system. for example, on windows, you need java runtime environment. the same applied for other O.S. java is forever non-platform specific. not even with the age of J2EE and application server.
think solution, think java.
Re: Java Has Failed! by guysmat(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2008
If java has failed you, please throw away all your mobile phones grin undecided
Develope your app for us to review , then we'll know where you're coming from tongue

1 Like

Re: Java Has Failed! by javarules(m): 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
What out for my next post. About to blow your minds with the facts
Re: Java Has Failed! by javarules(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2008
I am gonna keep this short and simple

Applications whose jar files I used both in linux and windows without any tweaking. Some of them I build from source myself
SQuirell SQL Client
JUnit
log4j
HashQuel

Mobile Applications in Java/Symbian/Flash
I dont need to give u the percentages, google will do a better job that I can

GUI
Java is d only language where you have TRUE cross-platform look and feel. If you have not tried it, dont say it doesnt work. I have seen netbeans on both windows and linux
Matisse/.NET Builder(again google will do a better job in giving you the comparisons)

IDE
A million and one.  The super ones
IntelliJ
Eclipse
Netbeans
JBuilder
etc

The upcoming ones
JEdit
kawa
JNotePad
etc

Java has failed?
As a language - NO, no language can be called a failure if it survived the ten year rule(do you know about that? I doubt it)
As a platform - NO, tell that to JRuby, Jython, JavaScript(ask google(the company not the search engine) how they run javascript on the jvm), Groovy, Scala(the best functional around around), and dont forget to tell it to the birds too

Who uses java
Oracle (beat that M$)
IBM
Nokia
Motorolla
Sony Ericsson
Google(beat that again)
etc

Who says Java has failed?
lipsrsealed no one except @poster

ciao
Re: Java Has Failed! by javaprince(m): 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2008
@javarules
True talk. cheesy
Re: Java Has Failed! by javalove(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2008
this stuff is incomplete jooo

javarules:

I am going to keep this short and simple

Applications whose jar files I used both in linux and windows without any tweaking. Some of them I build from source myself
SQuirell SQL Client
JUnit
log4j
HashQuel
QuietOffice.jar from Jajitech

Mobile Applications in Java/Symbian/Flash
I don't need to give u the percentages, google will do a better job that I can

GUI
Java is d only language where you have TRUE cross-platform look and feel. If you have not tried it, don't say it doesnt work. I have seen netbeans on both windows and linux
Matisse/.NET Builder(again google will do a better job in giving you the comparisons)

IDE
A million and one.  The super ones
IntelliJ
Eclipse
Netbeans
JBuilder
GuiGenie.dats wat I use
etc

The upcoming ones
JEdit
kawa
JNotePad
JForms, also coming from Jajitech
etc

Java has failed?
As a language - NO, no language can be called a failure if it survived the ten year rule(do you know about that? I doubt it)
As a platform - NO, tell that to JRuby, Jython, JavaScript(ask google(the company not the search engine) how they run javascript on the jvm), Groovy, Scala(the best functional around around), and don't forget to tell it to the birds too

Who uses java
Oracle (beat that M$)
IBM
Nokia
Motorolla
Sony Ericsson
Google(beat that again)
Jajitech IT Solutions, Ojuelegba Lagos gringrin (beat that again and again)
etc

Who says Java has failed?
lipsrsealed no one except @poster no mind am, na mumu e be

ciao
Re: Java Has Failed! by A40(m): 12:54am On Sep 20, 2008
The inventor of this thread should be shot as much as i dont like Java,Java is where its at
Re: Java Has Failed! by javaprince(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2008
@jaji
Which one is QuietOffice.jar. tell me more about it, sounds interesting.
Re: Java Has Failed! by javarules(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2008
javalove pardon me jare, I no wan talk too much. even you own list no complete. We can clog up n'land db if we say make we dey write grin

ciao
Re: Java Has Failed! by bogey: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2011
I don't know the shit what this author is talking about, I am a full blooded Java programmer and I choose java because am more interested in systems development not just forms. I do web applications, desktop, mobile and sms applications. It has been fun all through and all my peers that write java are very highly paid. Most start their own business contracting out their service within the first 3 to 4 years of their proffesional career as I just started mine. Guys, java is only for people with genuine interest in developing high quality software, the brains to do that, perseverance and ternacity to do all it takes to make your application robust and of industry standard. No looking back, java has made me a better programmer and I had earn a lot of respect as a Java programmer.

I know a .NET programmer who has to switch to java when he started his own business. The benefits of Java are just too much to ignore or be taken lightly.

Welcome to the LIGHT.
Re: Java Has Failed! by bogey: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2011
You can decide to ignore Java and remain poor. That is what loosers do.
Re: Java Has Failed! by mastere3: 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2011
OK GUYS!!!

I think everyone has said something reasonable here, the point i hold against Java is this, we talk about creating all sort of applications, game, network, mobile, database and the rest. The issue here is all of these application have a market base in this region Nigeria, though is is a nice idea to think globally sometime it is wise enough to do certain things locally.

If you ask me, i have hardly seen any hotel management system or health management system that is written in Java language. All business application that see are all window based written in Microsoft languages even the old one Visual Basic 6.0

So??
Re: Java Has Failed! by bogey: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2011
That is because only the smartest guys who understand every details about computer system / infrastructure internals and the internal operations / functioning of this system develop java applications; and believe me, this guys only go for the biggest bucks. So they develop only killer applications (mostly complex system software and utilities that are highly functional. which is what java is primarily designed for. I remember I started with visual basic. I have written applications in C, C++, Pascal, Cobol and php. I have not seen any of this language being one-tenth as powerful as java.
Re: Java Has Failed! by naijaswag1: 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
master-e:

OK GUYS!!!

I think everyone has said something reasonable here, the point i hold against Java is this, we talk about creating all sort of applications, game, network, mobile, database and the rest. The issue here is all of these application have a market base in this region Nigeria, though is is a nice idea to think globally sometime it is wise enough to do certain things locally.

If you ask me, i have hardly seen any hotel management system or health management system that is written in Java language. All business application that see are all window based written in Microsoft languages even the old one Visual Basic 6.0

So??

Have you seen banking application like Rubicon,and finacle(used by many Nigerian banks ) developed with java?
Re: Java Has Failed! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
master-e:

OK GUYS!!!

I think everyone has said something reasonable here,  the point i hold against Java is this,  we talk about creating all sort of applications, game, network, mobile, database and the rest. The issue here is all of these application have a market base in this region Nigeria, though is is a nice idea to think globally sometime it is wise enough to do certain things locally.

So??

That's because they were built by consultants who only new how to code in those old languages.

In a world where the Apple Mac and other java supported OSes are rising fast to look Microsoft in the eye, anyone who's at all interested in remaining [b]relevant [/b]to the industry needs to already have the keyword "cross-platform development" floating around in their mind whenever they think "software development".

Java isn't hard. Before you learn Java, you need to educate yourself on the foundational concepts of Object-oriented programming. Without this concept, you will have a hard time going forward with any [b]real [/b]development platform.
Re: Java Has Failed! by Birniwa(m): 2:01am On Feb 03, 2011
And this is where the problem arises, someone was even trying to compare Java and JavaScript, they're NOT same and they serve totally different purposes. For anyone who really knows what it means to program in Java platform knows Java is still alive and it has not failed anyone, may be you only failed yourself. Just take only a look at the different mobile apps development like BlackBerry, and the popular robot thing (Android) are all being developed using JAVA platform. If someone is not good at something, they've no reason to think otherwise on it, others can do it just well.
Re: Java Has Failed! by gozzilla(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2011
Rather it is picking up again.

Have you seen the latest company and technology built around java. Everyday SpringSource is growing stronger by the day and they depend on java entirely.
Not forgetting the new kid on the block, Android.
Re: Java Has Failed! by Mobinga: 12:30am On Feb 04, 2011
Android is java dependent angry Blasphemy.
Re: Java Has Failed! by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 04, 2011
^^ umm. . .yes. . . it is undecided
Re: Java Has Failed! by Mobinga: 12:58am On Feb 04, 2011
Lol. Yes it is.

I'm venturing into Android Dev

@op

Youtube uses java.
net2ftp uses java.
all share sites use java.
Your mobile phone uses java.
Re: Java Has Failed! by csharpjava(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2011
For all you Java supporters out there who believe that Java is the only cross platform language I want you to know that C# or VB.Net is the future of programming, the only thing Java is good for now is for a new programmer that wants to learn programming from the ground up, once this knowledge has been gained the wise thing is to cross over quickly to C#. C# code is similar to Java but C# is more powerful as it is a combination of Java and C++ plus it allows for rapid application development when using Visual Studio 2003 and above. C# runs on the .net framework which is owned by Microsoft, the only set back with the .net framework in the past was that it only runs on a Microsoft platform, now Mono which is supported by Novell allows the .net framework to run on Unix, Linux, Mobile devices etc, you can find out more about mono here: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Some advantages of C# & .net over Java & JVM are:

1. Garbage collection this is built into the .net framework

2. Elimination of DLL hell - The .net framework allows two or more programmes with the same DLL name to be installed and run on the same computer.

3. Web Services - Creating and consuming this with C# or VB.Net in Visual Studio 2003 and above is very easy.

4. You can complete programming projects much more faster with C# or VB.Net than with Java.

5. You can use classes from other languages in your C# or VB.Net projects.

And the list goes on!
Re: Java Has Failed! by SayoMarvel(m): 3:29am On Feb 09, 2011
@csharpjava
> Garbage collection: thumbs up to JAVA
> Web services: are you an Oracle Certified Professional Developer for JAVA Web Services? If yes, you'll definitely give your thumbs up to JAVA (ask youtube)
> Project development time: have you had the opportunity of being in a development team where NetBeans is being used effectively? If yes, you'll say "ride on Java"
> Classes from other languages: have you heard of JNI (Java Native Interface)? Makes you call methods written in native languages (thats the essence of the native keyword in Java).

Lets talk about application servers and the ease of migrating your enterprise applications from one to the other, and you'll know that Java rules (talk of GlassFish, WebLogic, JBoss, etc).
Have you ever thought of the rich API that Java provides both as standard and third party bundles? Don't deceive yourself bro,
Re: Java Has Failed! by csharpjava(m): 9:14am On Feb 09, 2011
@SayoMarvel

We don't need to fight over this but the truth about this matter is that the market decides which language is the winner. If you take a look at the number of vacancies on this website: http://www.jobsite.co.uk here in the UK which is the best for job adverts, first type in Java, NetBeans and then type in c#, .net you will see that the damand for C# and the .net framework shows that the market is now in favour of C# and the .Net framework. Wake up bro the world of programing is changing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Best Laptop For Coding / Beginners - Learn Android Programming / Opensource 3D Game Participation Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.