Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? (8224 Views)

Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / Pix: A 22yr Old Man Kill Himself And Ran Away / Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Alusioji(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2011
Fellownairalanders, is a girl 22yrs of age riped or ready for marriage?. Ladies i need ur response.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by yme1(f): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2011
in as much as you are 18years of age you are considered an adult, so yeah i would say 22 is old enough to be a wife
maturity is not a function of biological age but it all boils down to the positive life transforming information you have made in yourself
i believe a woman of character is matured no matter how young she is.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Alusioji(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
@ y me, u will live long to see ur great great great great great grand children. god bless u.

the thing is that am 28 yrs, i met an angel late last yr , she is just 22yrs & writing her final yr exams. God has started blessing me & i want to run away from temptations ,so i want us to tie the knot later this yr but i ve been scared of her age.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2011
Alusi_oji:

@ y me, u will live long to see your great great great great great grand children. god bless u.

the thing is that am 28 yrs, i met an angel late last yr , she is just 22yrs & writing her final yr exams. God has started blessing me & i want to run away from temptations ,so i want us to tie the knot later this yr but i ve been scared of her age.

personally i think she still needs time, i.e most african ladies marry young and once married are sort forced to act mature like eg a 35 year old married woman of which she will be just 22 still wild eg discovering herself in being an adult and managing things on her own without parents guiding her etc

i think 27 and above is OK you are more mature than a 22 yr old the way you reason and work things are totally different i think thats the other reason why daughter in law and mum in law always have crushes becoz of maturity of age

though there is no good recipe for these things but sometimes you need to consider such things as maturity of age
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by adagz01(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2011
^very true
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by MrCork17: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2011
Alusi_oji:

Fellownairalanders, is a girl 22yrs of age riped or ready for marriage?. Ladies i need your response.

Riped? is she human or is she a fruit? undecided
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Omolola1(f): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2011
Yeeees, she is very much matured for it as long as she also wants marriage.
A lady's time is very short, u knw
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by 190: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
she aint,
theres no way shes too young and not ready
she never flex { accent in a nigerian lady's voice}  undecided undecided
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Spclst900: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
she is ready only if she wouldnt always cry after every yelling.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2011
Age is merely a number. Responsbility and maturity do not come with age.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Onosy: 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
Spclst900:

she is ready only if she wouldnt always cry after every yelling.

What yelling, what do you mean? elaborate on it please
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by dbigrod(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2011
Op,
22 yr is the ideal age to get married if she is matured and ready. Besides d age difference between u two is just okay.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by pwiz(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2011
Alusi_oji:

@ y me, u will live long to see your great great great great great grand children. god bless u.

LOL iz this a curse or prayer,any way she is mature enough to get hooked!!!
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2011
Personally I think age shouldn't be a factor. What you should be considering now is "Is she matured enough to handle the responsibilities that comes with being married" and only you can answer this since you know her better than we do.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by LordReed(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
@Thoniaslim
Long time no read. Sup witcha?
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2011
ThoniaSlim:

Personally I think age shouldn't be a factor. What you should be considering now is "Is she matured enough to handle the responsibilities that comes with being married" and only you can answer this since you know her better than we do.

most of the time age determines your level of thinking, which will contribute to your ability to solve problems

we shouldnt confuse being physically matured and mentally mature
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Beync(f): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
ThoniaSlim:

smhw.
One have be emotionally phsychologically intellectually mature to be able to deal with the good and the bad of life.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by taosola(m): 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
If she gets true love at that age, then she should just go ahead because that opportunity may not present itself again. 22yrs is even old enough to get married.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by MMM2(m): 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2011
if she can fu-ck at de age of 22 yrs then she can also marry at 22.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Brite02(m): 11:40pm On Feb 20, 2011
@topic,
Age dey say na number, i blieve maturity z in minds too n also maturity z in hw well u use ya common sense wella. 4rm 22 years z a ripe age 4 marriage hweva certain goals may hamper 1 4rm gettin married @dat tym lk, need 2 further education,need 2b independent n self reliant, need 2 do dz n dat. . . . .hweva if (u/she) feel u wanna settle dwn in marriage, dats fine. .u hv moi support!!!
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by freecocoa(f): 12:36am On Feb 21, 2011
Am ready to get married i mean she maybe or not,maturity is a thing of the mind and not age,so if she is mature at heart and head then what the heck?
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Alusioji(m): 6:35am On Feb 21, 2011
Thank u all for ur different views.

i was shocked when she told me that she was 22, because i ve date a girls 29, 25, 27 yrs but none of them can come close the psychological and mental maturity that this girl has. in the last 6 yrs i ve never met a girl with her kind of principles and determination. She gives me financial ,emotional etc. advice instead of vice versa.

i think i found myself a friend and a wify.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Pweety4me(f): 6:51am On Feb 21, 2011
Alusi_oji:

Thank u all for your different views.

i was shocked when she told me that she was 22, because i ve date a girls 29, 25, 27 yrs but none of them can come close the psychological and mental maturity that this girl has. in the last 6 yrs i ve never met a girl with her kind of principles and determination. She gives me financial ,emotional etc. advice instead of vice versa.

i think i found myself a friend and a wify.

Sure, but please don't pressurize her & deprive her off her time to explore & see the world in real motion, allow her live a little more she's still young.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2011
She alone knows if she is ready or not, but I don't see 22 as too young for marriage.

BTW I think you are marrying her intelligence and wisdom, not her.

1 Like

Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Alusioji(m): 9:00am On Feb 21, 2011
@jennykadry. its all in one package, we are in love wit each other oh.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2011
^^ You are loving her intelligence and wisdom more than her person. What if you wake up one morning and find her intelligence and wisdom gone, what happens? will you still be madly inloff with her?

I think you love her for what she is (made of) and not for who she is.

It is all in the package but they must be some natural love first without conditions first before you start looking at attributes
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by MissyB3(f): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2011
I don't see a 22-year-old girl being capable of handling something as complicated as marriage unless she has a veeeeeeeeery understanding and tolerant husband.
Let her grow . . . .Why the rush?!
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by 190: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Tosinville(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2011
Nigga please. . . . Give dat young lass some more years for dat, maybe 2 or 3yrs before going into a life commitment, don't put her life in the last lane. If she's rush into marriage at dat early stage she might probably jump out of it without enough discussion/counselling from her parent most especially her mum.

Bro, if you truly love her then give her some space cos marriage isn't wat u can just wake up one morning and decide to tie d knot with someone, we're talking about life contract here, man.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Tosinville(m): 9:49am On Feb 21, 2011
I mean don't put her life in the FAST LANE.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by Alusioji(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2011
she was just telling me that a guy is approaching her for marriage & that she dont like him ,coupled wit the fact that her parents does not approve of the him.

dont u think i showed up at d rit time?.
Re: Is A 22yr Old Girl Ready For Marriage? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:36am On Feb 21, 2011
Alusi_oji:

she was just telling me that a guy is approaching her for marriage & that she dont like him ,coupled wit the fact that her parents does not approve of the him.

dont u think i showed up at d rit time?.

does she say she is ready or she is being pushed to be ready eg that guy approach and turned him down, lets say she turns down 3 guys in a row will her parents take her decision with 4th guy if she turns him down ? if parents are more traditional they will ask her to marry the 4th guy though she might not be ready in her own time

is she ready from her on will ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Guys I Need Your Help,nobody Wants To Date Me!! / I Just Had Sex With A Girl I Saw Today / "I Still Look Bomb With My Saggy Boobs"- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Replies Trolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.