Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059600 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbonerd(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
tzetzefly:

For now travel someplace else with your family. Apply together again on a future date.

I applied for a B1/B2 visa and have an interview scheduled for next month. This is my first time and as such, I need a couple clarifications:
-I'm currently serving and I made that known in my application. Would that hold up when they ask what my home ties are?
-I'm going on the strength of an American friend's invitation. He is going to foot the entire bill from the round trip plane ticket to the cost of my stay there. He's a tax-paying citizen with a well-paying job. Would that raise any red flag with them?
-Should he send his the letter of invitation, his affidavit of sponsorship, his bank statement, etc, directly to the consulate or to me?

Please, I'd appreciate your response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
igbonerd:

I applied for a B1/B2 visa and have an interview scheduled for next month. This is my first time and as such, I need a couple clarifications:
-I'm currently serving and I made that known in my application. Would that hold up when they ask what my home ties are?
-I'm going on the strength of an American friend's invitation. He is going to foot the entire bill from the round trip plane ticket to the cost of my stay there. He's a tax-paying citizen with a well-paying job. Would that raise any red flag with them?
-Should he send his the letter of invitation, his affidavit of sponsorship, his bank statement, etc, directly to the consulate or to me?

Please, I'd appreciate your response.

You say you're currently serving i.e. NYSC. And have you been permitted for this foreign trip at this time?

Only a close relative can effectively sponsor your trip from abroad.

I am sorry, your friend is not in that category.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ivee2210(f): 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
ebele17: Guys, American embassy is saying on their website that they have technical issues for now in processing visa and my interview is on friday. I want to know how long it will take me to get my passport back if i am given and if it will affect my interview. They said that people that have been interviewed from July 21 and want to collect back their passport without visa can come and do so. Does it now mean that visas are no longer processed in the normal 3 days timeframe. Please the people that have been to the embassy recently, please shed more light oooo!!!! I dont understand this one!

True that. Well, I was at the embassy today for my interview and was told by the lady who interviewed me to come pick up my visa on thursday. I guess upon approval, you could track ur passport, email/call the document collection center to check the status of ur passport.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
ivee2210:
True that. Well, I was at the embassy today for my interview and was told by the lady who interviewed me to come pick up my visa on thursday. I guess upon approval, you could track ur passport, email/call the document collection center to check the status of ur passport.

Congrats. Where did it hold? Can you give the details of the interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ivee2210(f): 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
Phema:

Congrats. Where did it hold? Can you give the details of the interview?

Muchas gracias.
Well the interview was in Abuja. Four interviewers (a man, 3 ladies) were present. Got my number did biometrics & waited for my turn.
Approaching the window, the following took place.....
Interviewer: good morning, may I have your application
Me: good morning, here u are.
Interviewer: can u pls place ur right hand on d green box
Me: complied
Interviewer: where are u going to in the US?
Me: A & B
Interviewer: what will u do in B
Me: attend so & so conference.
Interviewer: and what will u be doing in A
Me: admissions counselling at so & so uni
Interviewer: could u pls explain that
Me: looking to see so & so school for graduate studies.
Interviewer: who is sponsoring ur trip
Me: my employer
Interviewer: how long do u intend to stay
Me: 4weeks
*here, she gave a stare & maintained eye contact with me for like 5seconds*
Interviewer : what is it u do for a living?
Me: told her
Interviewer: congrats ur visa has been approved. Pls come for collection on thursday and wish u a safe trip
Me: oh thank u very much, do have a nice day.
And that was how it went, easy. Glory to God.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^^ Quite easy. Do have a safe trip! smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbonerd(m): 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
tzetzefly:

You say you're currently serving i.e. NYSC. And have you been permitted for this foreign trip at this time?

Only a close relative can effectively sponsor your trip from abroad.

I am sorry, your friend is not in that category.

Yeah, I have been permitted. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamchujor: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello All,
i was scheduled to attend an official conference in US but was denied a non-immigrant visa based on section 214B. i do not no what this means. this happened about a month ago. my company wrote for a review but we did not recieve any response. i've reapplied since my appointment is still within date. Do i need another invitation letter? what should be my reason for reapplying? not sure of my chances. pls advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ajas12: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2014
Please I also wish to travel to u.s for the purpose of conference, but I just cancelled my dubai residence on my passport. What are my chances? Please I need advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tayoamos: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello house, pls I am catching my flight to the USA this weekend and this is my first time of going. Do I need any Yellow Fever Card or Vaccination ? I read it from d posts that there is a need for a Yellow fever Card whc has to be gotten at the Airport in Lagos. Pls advice me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FunW: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello house, I submitted my passport and my daughter's passport using the drop box service on 23rd July 2014. My passport was returned to me about 5 days later but till date I am yet to receive my daughter's passport.

I have tracked on line but received a message saying "there is no status update available for the passport number submitted".

Is there any other thing am expected to do?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
FunW: Hello house, I submitted my passport and my daughter's passport using the drop box service on 23rd July 2014. My passport was returned to me about 5 days later but till date I am yet to receive my daughter's passport.

I have tracked on line but received a message saying "there is no status update available for the passport number submitted".

Is there any other thing am expected to do?

Telephone: To speak with a call center
representative, call: +23414406294.

To send an email with your complaints, do e-mail:

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Have ready your daughter's passport number as information there will be asked for.

Or

Send an e-mail (address above) with your complaints. Do not forget to add her Name, Date of Birth and Passport Number.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 1:21am On Aug 21, 2014
ivee2210:

Muchas gracias.
Well the interview was in Abuja. Four interviewers (a man, 3 ladies) were present. Got my number did biometrics & waited for my turn.
Approaching the window, the following took place.....
Interviewer: good morning, may I have your application
Me: good morning, here u are.
Interviewer: can u pls place ur right hand on d green box
Me: complied
Interviewer: where are u going to in the US?
Me: A & B
Interviewer: what will u do in B
Me: attend so & so conference.
Interviewer: and what will u be doing in A
Me: admissions counselling at so & so uni
Interviewer: could u pls explain that
Me: looking to see so & so school for graduate studies.
Interviewer: who is sponsoring ur trip
Me: my employer
Interviewer: how long do u intend to stay
Me: 4weeks
*here, she gave a stare & maintained eye contact with me for like 5seconds*
Interviewer : what is it u do for a living?
Me: told her
Interviewer: congrats ur visa has been approved. Pls come for collection on thursday and wish u a safe trip
Me: oh thank u very much, do have a nice day.
And that was how it went, easy. Glory to God.

Congrat...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ivee2210(f): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2014
^^^ many thanks to you and @Phema as well smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Steel2014: 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I want to apply for a B1 /B2 visa for my wife's niece who is under 17 to enable her travel to the US with us. Pls, I need your advice on how to go about that. Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2014
Went to the embassy today with my dad. My dad was given multiple entry 2 yr visa while i was given single entry 3 months. Even with all the visa in my passport and my current german visa. The lady said thati was still building my ties in nigeria so that she was giving me because i am going with my dad. If not, she would have rejected me. She asked me how much i earned, i told her. I guess it wasn't enough by her standards and the fact that i am still single. Lol. She asked me about my assets in Nigeria, i told her. She asked me where i worked and for how long, i told her. She asked me how long we want to stay, i told her max of 14 days because of my leave time. She asked my dad where he works, my dad is a retiree. She asked me places i have been too and what i did there, i told her. She could see the entry and exit stamps on mypassport ooo but she still asked. Lol, So we told her. She said my dad is qualified but that i am not but be cause i will be accompanying him, she wil give me 3 months. Lol. I told her thank you, carried my caya and disappeared before she will change her mind. Lol. I was just praying let me not even go to her. She and the other man beside her rejected every body they saw. Everybody oooo!!!!!. Anyway, thank God for everything.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fiso2014: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2014
Got my visa last week after been rejected 3 times. I was reject once in London and Twice in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2014
ebele17: Went to the embassy today with my dad. My dad was given multiple entry 2 yr visa while i was given single entry 3 months. Even with all the visa in my passport and my current german visa. The lady said thati was still building my ties in nigeria so that she was giving me because i am going with my dad. If not, she would have rejected me. She asked me how much i earned, i told her. I guess it wasn't enough by her standards and the fact that i am still single. Lol. She asked me about my assets in Nigeria, i told her. She asked me where i worked and for how long, i told her. She asked me how long we want to stay, i told her max of 14 days because of my leave time. She asked my dad where he works, my dad is a retiree. She asked me places i have been too and what i did there, i told her. She could see the entry and exit stamps on mypassport ooo but she still asked. Lol, So we told her. She said my dad is qualified but that i am not but be cause i will be accompanying him, she wil give me 3 months. Lol. I told her thank you, carried my caya and disappeared before she will change her mind. Lol. I was just praying let me not even go to her. She and the other man beside her rejected every body they saw. Everybody oooo!!!!!. Anyway, thank God for everything.

Congrats bro...

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
charzyh2:

Congrats bro...
3month...wow
been a while they issued that.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
TeamclicksAir: 3month...wow

what were they issuing?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
TeamclicksAir: 3month...wow

I dey tell you. Its either that or outright rejection. She even pity me self. So next time, i fit get my 2 yrs. Na small small. Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
charzyh2:

Congrats bro...
@charzyh, i am a girl oooo!!! Ebele no be girl name again?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by charzyh2: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
ebele17:
@charzyh, i am a girl oooo!!! Ebele no be girl name again?

I'm sorry for that. But remember our President is another Ebele o.
Inspite of that, congrats to u sister

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
ebele17:

I dey tell you. Its either that or outright rejection. She even pity me self. So next time, i fit get my 2 yrs. Na small small. Lol
its 99% rejection but this your case is divine.
charzyh2:
what were they issuing?
minimum of 2years and you get 6month at the point of entry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femredhead: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Tzetzefly and other gurus in d house... Can one get 6months authorized stay on his/her I-94 form even if just to attend 5days conference?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by basica7000: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Good afternoon VO
God bless u for all ur valuable advice..it really
helped me today as my visa b1/b2 was
approved today interview time was just
2mins....thank God for u....pls I was directed to
pick up my passport next week
Wednesday .....pls I want to know if d visa
would have be ready by then considering the
fact I read on d consular website that visa
approved since july 21st have not been ready
for collection.....tnx ma and anticipating ur reply
cos I want to go get my ticket tomorrow as its
still very cheap now
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dogzimalon: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gud day please i have been going through your trend and i really want your help,i applied for a visiting visa and got it but i went back for another one and there was a blunder on my own part that made them deny me visa.please how will you help by telling me how next to go about it.i applied and went for the interview when i was asked the state am going to i made a mistake.my uncle i was going to meet had packed from north Carolina to Chicago Illinois but i told them that i was going to north Carolina instead of Chicago. the visa was denied but now i want to go back for another one .please is there any other information u need to give me as am planning to put in for another visiting visa application by the end of this year
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TeamclicksAir: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
basica7000: Good afternoon VO
still very cheap now
proceed to book your ticket immediately...its some technical ish but am sure it will be sorted soon.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by henrychubayo: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
basica7000: Good afternoon VO
still very cheap now
So you can't even post the interview questions and answers here for others to learn. You came here seeking help again from others. It doesn't work that way.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by henrychubayo: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2014
Dogzimalon: Gud day please i have been going through your trend and i really want your help,i applied for a visiting visa and got it but i went back for another one and there was a blunder on my own part that made them deny me visa.please how will you help by telling me how next to go about it.i applied and went for the interview when i was asked the state am going to i made a mistake.my uncle i was going to meet had packed from north Carolina to Chicago Illinois but i told them that i was going to north Carolina instead of Chicago. the visa was denied but now i want to go back for another one .please is there any other information u need to give me as am planning to put in for another visiting visa application by the end of this year
To help you very well. Try and post in details how the interview went. Questions and answers. Everything in details

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.