Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1058985 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by maddock(m): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thanks tze-tzefly. Yeah I was amongst those refused and the interview went very well in my own opinion anyways. Just normal questions like:
Where are you going? I told him.
Why are you going? I told him.
What courses are you going for? I listed the courses.
Have you ever being out of the country before? I answered yes both SA and Dubai.(although the passport I submitted had just a travel history an African country and a stamp of refusal by a schengen country way back in 2011) my other passport with my travel history of SA, Dubai and ghana was in my hands and he didn't asked to see it.
Are you married? I answered yes about 8years ago.
How many kids? I told him and also showed him my kids pix.
How much is my salary? I told him the basic salary about 300k plus commissions and bonus making about 600k monthly. He didn't ask to see payslips or bank statement.
Why was I refused by the schengen visa? I told him I had wanted to go for vacation with my wife in 2011 but they had had other opinion.
Then he asked why the African country I visited in 2013? I told him that country was part of my sales territory and so I went there to see if my company could do business but found out that the place is not viable hence we had to drop the country.

I think that's about all. To be honest I thought the interview went well and was expecting to be issued the visa. Only for my passport and a blue slip be handed over and the rest is history.
So my question still remain since the date of training is september and november, is it advisable to re-apply because the facilitators suggested we do so at the Abuja consular office. Would it be interpreted as being desperate to re-apply after 2 or 3 weeks after refusal? The only reason am listening to them is because I don't want to be forward in asking for a refund of all payments made. As for the other 16 refused like they also stated theirs went well without much questions but they were refused. The refusal is like in two phases those married got blue slip while those unmarried got white slips. So tze-tzefly what's your assessment of this whole scenario?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
ivee2210:

....Of which I am such. (Though I've travelled out as an infant, twas not asked by the CO).
All the best!
. Thanks a lot. God bless u.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ducan: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello dear brethren, please I need your kind advice. I am sheduled for usa visit interview tomorrow here in lagos.am a graduate, recently employed on july dis year, have upto 500k in my account. Am visiting my uncle who will be my sponsor, want to attend her ceremony. Please what do I need to get to the consulate with, in terms of documents. Also what are the likely question the may ask so that I may equip my self. Thank you so much for taking out your time to replying me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
pipz:

To see his family especially his children, my cousins after a very long time and also get to know the US. There is no transcript yet as 1st semester exams is just going to begin October. Letter from the HOD? Can my acceptance and admission letter suffice. Or do I just reschedule the interview and get these docs in place as my interview is this Wednesday .
Please also advise I can't remember stating a travel date on the online application thanks

Suspend your travel date till six months time when your first and second semester exams would have been verified. This will show a long term commitment to your studies.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
maddock: Thanks tze-tzefly. Yeah I was amongst those refused and the interview went very well in my own opinion anyways. Just normal questions like:
Where are you going? I told him.
Why are you going? I told him.
What courses are you going for? I listed the courses.
Have you ever being out of the country before? I answered yes both SA and Dubai.(although the passport I submitted had just a travel history an African country and a stamp of refusal by a schengen country way back in 2011) my other passport with my travel history of SA, Dubai and ghana was in my hands and he didn't asked to see it.
Are you married? I answered yes about 8years ago.
How many kids? I told him and also showed him my kids pix.
How much is my salary? I told him the basic salary about 300k plus commissions and bonus making about 600k monthly. He didn't ask to see payslips or bank statement.
Why was I refused by the schengen visa? I told him I had wanted to go for vacation with my wife in 2011 but they had had other opinion.
Then he asked why the African country I visited in 2013? I told him that country was part of my sales territory and so I went there to see if my company could do business but found out that the place is not viable hence we had to drop the country.

I think that's about all. To be honest I thought the interview went well and was expecting to be issued the visa. Only for my passport and a blue slip be handed over and the rest is history.
So my question still remain since the date of training is september and november, is it advisable to re-apply because the facilitators suggested we do so at the Abuja consular office. Would it be interpreted as being desperate to re-apply after 2 or 3 weeks after refusal? The only reason am listening to them is because I don't want to be forward in asking for a refund of all payments made. As for the other 16 refused like they also stated theirs went well without much questions but they were refused. The refusal is like in two phases those married got blue slip while those unmarried got white slips. So tze-tzefly what's your assessment of this whole scenario?

First, your lack of travel experience was key to your refusal. I wont be surprised this applies to your other colleagues.

Second, your itinerary may not have fit into the conference or seminar you want to proceed for. Meaning, how does your job relate to the event in the States?

The slip is to differentiate each group from the others. It has no significant effect on the visa outcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
@tzetzefly

Good job here, your individual effort here has driven this thread from page to page. Credit to you.

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
kuzeh:
Thanks so much and does that require a change in appointment date because I already exhausted the number of times I can change
Thank you

Then you have no option than to attend that interview and hope for an oversight from the CO.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
justwise: @tzetzefly

Good job here, your individual effort here has driven this thread from page to page. Credit to you.

Thank you @justwise.

A little service for humanity.

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Olurinade10(m): 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Good morning pls,I need an urgent reply from the house,my visiting visa to attend my nephew's wedding was denied 2 weels ago,though I stated that I'm a final year student and my brother is sponsoring me,though I travelled only to Ghana before,the VO didn't ask for any docs,she just asked for wia I'm going in U.S ,have I travelled b4 and my sponsorer including my level of University Education,,,,,,,the wedding in question is in November,pls can I still apply again,,,,or what do u tink abt my chances,,,,,,,though I was denied under second 214
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maddock(m): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thank you tzetze, your input is highly appreciated. But with respect to your reply my job is sales related/business development and the training is sales related, negotiations, leadership etc. It's an executive leadership program. Just like other short executive courses run by other business school in nigeria and all over the world.

But anyway my main concern like I stated above, is it wise to re-apply again after 2 or 3 weeks as advised by the facilitators in Abuja embassy for the november edition, because all payments made by me viz course fee, airfare, accomodation, feeding etc etc are still with the facilitators or I should just ask for a refund and wait it out till another time sometimes in the future. My main headache is I don't want to be seem as being desperate and that is a ground for another refusal, because to be honest with you I don't understand how this US visa thingy works hence my throwing it to you tze-tze for your expert opinion.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shamecurls(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hello All,

How many years visa does US embassy issue for Nigerians after the initial (b1/b2) 2 years visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
tzetzefly:

Thank you @justwise.

A little service for humanity.

It's appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by kuzeh: 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
tzetzefly:

Then you have no option than to attend that interview and hope for an oversight from the CO.
Thank you so much tzetzefly. .. You are awesome
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Emblem(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

Fill up another DS-160 and for an expedited action on another interview appointment slots, contact a customer care representative on this helpline:

+23414406297

Hello tzetzefly,
Are you saying after filling my ds-160 form, i can't maintain my initial appointment date? pls my interview is this week........ There should be a way i can fill another form and it will be tied to the existing appointment date. How can this be done?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pipz(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

Suspend your travel date till six months time when your first and second semester exams would have been verified. This will show a long term commitment to your studies.

Thanks Chief and God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Atmmachine(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2014
tzetzefly..
I want to study in the U.S of A
How do i go about it ??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Atmmachine(m): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2014
Tzetzefly
What are the procedures for securing a visit visa for a Nigerian resident by an American resident ??
please,help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2014
@tzetzefly

Pls a colleague at work was refused a B1/B2 (Conference) visa today...

He is asking when he can re-apply?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2014
Atmmachine: tzetzefly..
I want to study in the U.S of A
How do i go about it ??

Atmmachine: Tzetzefly
What are the procedures for securing a visit visa for a Nigerian resident by an American resident ??
please,help

Which one is It? Student visa or Visiting Visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by keni: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Hello tzetzefly,

You are doing a really good Job here, as regards Maddock's question, is South Africa and Dubai not enough travel experience because I have read through out this thread that it (Lack of travel experience) might be a reason for refusal.

@Maddock is there a way you can share with the house transcript from the successfull applicant in your group? from all I have read so far in this forum, you meet all the criteria but I think that transcript from the successful ones may throw more light into the thinking of the official
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
keni: Hello tzetzefly,

You are doing a really good Job here, as regards Maddock's question, is South Africa and Dubai not enough travel experience because I have read through out this thread that it (Lack of travel experience) might be a reason for refusal.

@Maddock is there a way you can share with the house transcript from the successfull applicant in your group? from all I have read so far in this forum, you meet all the criteria but I think that transcript from the successful ones may throw more light into the thinking of the official

Yes, i share similar view with Keni, let us have the transcript of the two that were successful, from this one will be able to point at the grey areas.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Atmmachine(m): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Phema:

Which one is It? Student visa or Visiting Visa?

Visiting visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maddock(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
@mofella and keni
It was later I heard that 2 amongst us were successful and I don't know them that much to start asking for a transcript. But I was told one already had a visa for US and the other basically have travel experiences to SA,Dubai and maybe two other schengen countries. But amongst those refused some of us also had same travel experiences SA, Dubai and europe too.

The truth of the matter was that during the interview it went very well, just normal questions and answer section. No unnecessary explanations or calls for clarifications. Infact I was so sure of having d visa only to be handed the blue slip and my passport. Meanwhile it was that elderly Chinese man (I often read here that he is very good at refusing applicants) that interviewed me. But he wasn't the one that refused the other applicants anyway.

But I did mentioned that I have two passport that wasn't attached together and it was the other passport that have my travel history. The passport that was submitted had just a visit to a west African country and a schengen refusal in 2011. But in my application form I did stated all my travel history.

Please Tze-tze am still waiting for your comment as regards the last question asked in my previous post. Is it advisable to re-apply in Abuja for the november edition of the course or just forget it for now and ask for a refund,because I really do not want to them to see me as one desperate for a visa because am really not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maddock(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
@justwise
I can see you are here pls your input would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by floralgal: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
@justwise @tzetzefly............Keep up with the good works.

Going to apply for a visit visa, but got no travel history.What are my chances.
i work with a reputable financial organisation in lagos, runnning a personal event company too. Total in my account like #3million.
An invitation letter from my only sibling. and will also be using an hotel reservation(going to another state too).
My annual leave approval letter, An introduction letter from my work place, My employment letter( showing my salary breakdown).
My tax id card and company id card.
My event company registration certificate.
Am married.(no kids)
Please wat do you think are my chances because i got no travel history. Am a very busy person, and not so interested in travelling.
Thnks. God bless
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mofella: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
floralgal: @justwise @tzetzefly............Keep up with the good works.

Going to apply for a visit visa, but got no travel history.What are my chances.
i work with a reputable financial organisation in lagos, runnning a personal event company too. Total in my account like #3million.
An invitation letter from my only sibling. and will also be using an hotel reservation(going to another state too).
My annual leave approval letter, An introduction letter from my work place, My employment letter( showing my salary breakdown).
My tax id card and company id card.
My event company registration certificate.
Am married.(no kids)
Please wat do you think are my chances because i got no travel history. Am a very busy person, and not so interested in travelling.
Thnks. God bless

You will not need any document,though it is wise to go with them but trust me its just an interview of 2-3 mins, all you need is God + fill with wisdom and be extremely conversant with your DS-160 form and lastly prove that you have strong ties to Nigeria. That's all

Note: I have come to realize from people's testimony on Nairaland that Married women stand better chances of being successful at the interview than married men,reason being that for the Women,their husband is already a strong tie to Nigeria so the women will come back home to their Husband but for the Men, their wives are no ties because when they get there story may change and it will not take them anything to arrange another over there.................. But please note that i stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yachjeffrey(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hi Guys...
I am a Nigerian as well as an American citizen...(details r just to long)...but I did everything n was issued my passport if I was to travel now how much would it coat what r the whole processes..
Can I pls b assisted ....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
keni: Hello tzetzefly,

South Africa and Dubai are both good travel experience when they both have a solid bearing on your current situation and not to influence your current visa application to sway the VO in your favour.

Meaning: embarking on those travel so soon in order to influence your current visa outcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
maddock: Thank you tzetze, your input is highly appreciated. But with respect to your reply my job is sales related/business development and the training is sales related, negotiations, leadership etc. It's an executive leadership program. Just like other short executive courses run by other business school in nigeria and all over the world.

But anyway my main concern like I stated above, is it wise to re-apply again after 2 or 3 weeks as advised by the facilitators in Abuja embassy for the november edition, because all payments made by me viz course fee, airfare, accomodation, feeding etc etc are still with the facilitators or I should just ask for a refund and wait it out till another time sometimes in the future. My main headache is I don't want to be seem as being desperate and that is a ground for another refusal, because to be honest with you I don't understand how this US visa thingy works hence my throwing it to you tze-tze for your expert opinion.

There is no sign of desperation from you based on a single application. Desperation starts when after several denials, an attempt is made to change your status so as to influence a visa outcome in your favour.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
adigunomomama: @tzetzefly

Pls a colleague at work was refused a B1/B2 (Conference) visa today...

He is asking when he can re-apply?

As soon as his status improves or if he can now show that an error was made in the initial CO's decision.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
maddock: @mofella and keni
It was later I heard that 2 amongst us were successful and I don't know them that much to start asking for a transcript. But I was told one already had a visa for US and the other basically have travel experiences to SA,Dubai and maybe two other schengen countries. But amongst those refused some of us also had same travel experiences SA, Dubai and europe too.

The truth of the matter was that during the interview it went very well, just normal questions and answer section. No unnecessary explanations or calls for clarifications. Infact I was so sure of having d visa only to be handed the blue slip and my passport. Meanwhile it was that elderly Chinese man (I often read here that he is very good at refusing applicants) that interviewed me. But he wasn't the one that refused the other applicants anyway.

But I did mentioned that I have two passport that wasn't attached together and it was the other passport that have my travel history. The passport that was submitted had just a visit to a west African country and a schengen refusal in 2011. But in my application form I did stated all my travel history.

Please Tze-tze am still waiting for your comment as regards the last question asked in my previous post. Is it advisable to re-apply in Abuja for the november edition of the course or just forget it for now and ask for a refund,because I really do not want to them to see me as one desperate for a visa because am really not.

Apply where you know is more convenient for you. I would also not advise you to change location so soon, makes a CO wonder what is chasing you from Lagos and put your application in doubt before it is viewed. Your application is dependent on your ties to Nigeria and the benefit of this conference on your job.

Never mind, another VO will interview you and not the same CO.

You claim a travel history you cannot prove. Take your other passport with your claimed visa present in it, for future interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

As soon as his status improves or if he can now show that an error was made in the initial CO's decision.

Can he apply befor the month end becos the conference is coming up on Oct 1st?

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.