Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059547 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
Stevenjel:
Good evening great gurus in the house. Please is online US visa payment still working? Cos I was trying to help someone just now, but it kept bringing error message.

Thanks so much.

Cc:
@tzetzefly
@phema

Put a call through to GTCONNECT and lay this complain.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
tzetzefly:

Put a call through to GTCONNECT and lay this complain.

ok bro. I will do that. Please how about the second part of my question. Kindly assist with this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 5:50am On Nov 22, 2014
good day room my appointment date is pretty fast approaching o, and if given visa by the grace of God am supposed to travel on December 9 and come back January 9 for 1 month,I graduated (ond) this September and I Will be starting my one year (IT ) industrial training this comming Monday as I just got accepted yesterday, my question is this would my( IT ) industrial training serve as a tie for me comming back to Nigeria, I Will be travelling with my mom and step dad please your humble reply is needed here
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Luvlydevin:
good day room my appointment date is pretty fast approaching o, and if given visa by the grace of God am supposed to travel on December 9 and come back January 9 for 1 month,I graduated (ond) this September and I Will be starting my one year (IT ) industrial training this comming Monday as I just got accepted yesterday, my question is this would my( IT ) industrial training serve as a tie for me comming back to Nigeria, I Will be travelling with my mom and step dad please your humble reply is needed here

Your own case 'might' affect your others.

The IT is not a good tie to come back to Nigeria but
it also depends on the sponsor and what he/she is into.

If the sponsor is a heavy weight, you might scale through.

Your IT papers just came after you booked appointment
for the visa interview. Meaning, you never wanted to use
the IT as a tie before

All the best and be confident during interview

~ Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Luvlydevin(m): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
suxes2005:

Your own case 'might' affect your others.

The IT is not a good tie to come back to Nigeria but
it also depends on the sponsor and what he/she is into.

If the sponsor is a heavy weight, you might scale through.

Your IT papers just came after you booked appointment
for the visa interview. Meaning, you never wanted to use
the IT as a tie before

All the best and be confident during interview

~ Sheyi

yes when I filled my ds 160 I have not secured a place then and I just finish some weeks back, my mom is into rental's and my step dad is an international importer and exporter with many stamp in his passport, I would like to ask how long would it take between appointment date and the collection of visa

shalom
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tblackE61(m): 7:15am On Nov 23, 2014
Gud morning pal!! Pls I have an invitation letter from my uncle in the state ! I wanna know wat other document do my uncle need to send to me bfor going to d embassy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 11:20am On Nov 23, 2014
Dear Guru,

I had my US visa this year to expire in 2006, and I have used it to visit the US last month. The problem is all pages on my passport with US visa is filled up with visa and immigration stamps even though the passport would expire in 2017. So I went and acquire new 64 leaves e-passport this November 2014 to expire in 2019. On my previous passport there are 2 valid visas for UK and Schengen countries, apart from the US visa. My question is I am planing to travel to the US again in March 2015, and trying to buy my ticket, which passport number should I use when paying for my ticket. The new passport number that is virgin or the the old passport number. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pls, which is the fastest courier service that give me a good delivery, in between ups and dhl? because am expecting some files from US.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ifax(f): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
ekpotek:
Dear Guru,

I had my US visa this year to expire in 2006, and I have used it to visit the US last month. The problem is all pages on my passport with US visa is filled up with visa and immigration stamps even though the passport would expire in 2017. So I went and acquire new 64 leaves e-passport this November 2014 to expire in 2019. On my previous passport there are 2 valid visas for UK and Schengen countries, apart from the US visa. My question is I am planing to travel to the US again in March 2015, and trying to buy my ticket, which passport number should I use when paying for my ticket. The new passport number that is virgin or the the old passport number. Thank you.

New passport number
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shamecurls(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hello House,

I really appreciate the great work you all have been doing on these thread. I am an expert in a sector of telecommunications and have worked with all major service providers and network operators. In my cause of job-search, I often get opportunities on weekly basis to work in the US but employers scare off when they realize am not a citizen and do hot have a work-permit.

Can some one please answer the following questions for me.

1. Can i individually secure a work permit by myself?

2. If yes, what re the steps and which category best fits my case.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2014
Spouse got the visa this morning. Will post transcript later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=ekpotek post=28274549]Dear Guru,

I had my US visa this year to expire in 2006, and I have used it to visit the US last month. The problem is all pages on my passport with US visa is filled up with visa and immigration stamps even though the passport would expire in 2017. So I went and acquire new 64 leaves e-passport this November 2014 to expire in 2019. On my previous passport there are 2 valid visas for UK and Schengen countries, apart from the US visa. My question is I am planing to travel to the US again in March 2015, and trying to buy my ticket, which passport number should I use when paying for my ticket. The new passport number that is virgin or the the old passport number. Thank you. [/quot

New please....had the same issue... used my new for ticket purchasing and stamping @ immigration and carried my old passport that had my valid visa...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 11:30am On Nov 24, 2014
ifax:

New passport number

Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=9jabiggurl post=28302712][/quote]

Thank you. I appreciate.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
In the spirit of giving back ; though when I asked a question NOBODY answered me. My spouse's details. 8am appointment

VO: why new york?
Ans: For vacation with family
VO: what do you do and where do you work?
Ans:bla bla bla
VO: how much do you earn
Ans: 140,000
VO: where is your wife
Ans: she has her own visa
VO: can I see
Ans: pass on the photocopy of the visa page
VO: what is her job description
Ans: bla bla bla
VO: will you be receiving healthcare in the US?
Ans: No
Ok . Circles the form and says pick up your visa.
Muchos gracias for the pages of info!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
LadyGuinivere:
In the spirit of giving back ; though when I asked a question NOBODY answered me. My spouse's details. 8am appointment

VO: why new york?
Ans: For vacation with family
VO: what do you do and where do you work?
Ans:bla bla bla
VO: how much do you earn
Ans: 140,000
VO: where is your wife
Ans: she has her own visa
VO: can I see
Ans: pass on the photocopy of the visa page
VO: what is her job description
Ans: bla bla bla
VO: will you be receiving healthcare in the US?
Ans: No
Ok . Circles the form and says pick up your visa.
Muchos gracias for the pages of info!
fantastic.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babyspice: 2:25am On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=9jabiggurl post=28302712][/quote]

i believe the new passport supersedes the older one, which should have been stamped cancelled without prejudice. what u shd do is use a rubber band to tie both passports together, with the newer one on top. its something that immigration officials are used too.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
I wanna thank everybody for their input, cos I read and learnt. A lot too. And the visa interview was a breeze.

Now please I need help for a coupla friends of mine. Newly married, expecting, both are police officers, went like 2 months ago and were bounced. The questions stopped at how much do u earn. They admitted their intention to give birth. My question is, do they reapply now or wait till after childbirth? Also is 130k and 100k salary respectively too small for both of them? Do they reapply as a couple again or individually? Thanks!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by govman4: 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
I hail o o,plz i want 2 knw d list of document dt i d sponsor wl provide or help me wit d link 2 d page.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bobbyz1: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your commitment towards these insightful interactions. My question is quite straightforward. I am a widely traveled 31 year old single man. Over the past year, I've been on about 5 business trips to the UK mainly and other European countries as well. It has become necessary to visit the United States for the purpose of business meetings in February. Now my growing concern as I read through this extensive thread and others on this site is the fact that the embassy seems to places a lot of stock on your marital status as this establishes adequately, your tie to your home country. Can my extensive travel history make up for the fact that I'm unmarried or this would still raise eyebrows and dent my chances of a successful application. Thanks in advance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
Bobbyz1:
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your commitment towards these insightful interactions. My question is quite straightforward. I am a widely traveled 31 year old single man. Over the past year, I've been on about 5 business trips to the UK mainly and other European countries as well. It has become necessary to visit the United States for the purpose of business meetings in February. Now my growing concern as I read through this extensive thread and others on this site is the fact that the embassy seems to places a lot of stock on your marital status as this establishes adequately, your tie to your home country. Can my extensive travel history make up for the fact that I'm unmarried or this would still raise eyebrows and dent my chances of a successful application. Thanks in advance.
My 2 cents. Depends on the mood of the VO and how composed you are to answer what you filled in your form. My 29 year old single female and widely travelled friend just got 2 years. (She even posted here). They are aware that single people are also genuine travellers.
Just fill your form properly and do the needful as per arranging your accomodation and making sure the purpose of your travel is cogent. My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yamunla(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
I got denied today..8am..I answered all the questions thrown at me..But God knows best sha..will spend my annual leave somwhere else..SHALOM..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
yamunla:
I got denied today..8am..I answered all the questions thrown at me..But God knows best sha..will spend my annual leave somwhere else..SHALOM..

IT is well. Why not try canada for holiday?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9jabiggurl: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
Need help guys -

My kids are American citizen, Myself and Husband want to renew our visas, in filling the form DS 160 do I need to indicate I am travelling with my kids?(though we may not). Just don't want to give the VO any reason to think we don't want to declare our kids or we do have something to hide, because I had them in the space of 2 years with my 2years B1/B2 visa.

We should qualify for a dropbox but i suspect they will call us in for interview because of my kids so we can show all our receipt of payment for child birth and didn't apply for medicaid.

Is there a record that will throw out my kids name under our names? if Yes, then I think its better we indicate in our forms that we are travelling with them (though we MAY or MAY NOT), so its clear that we have nothing to hide as we paid all fees during child birth.......

Someone help and reason with me....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yamunla(m): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
jennykadry:

IT is well. Why not try canada for holiday?
thanks a lot..my leave starts on 1st Dec...I don't really know aw to go about this canada stuff..u can as well direct me to their site..,and pls what are my chances of getting it because I don't have anyone there!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
yamunla:
thanks a lot..my leave starts on 1st Dec...I don't really know aw to go about this canada stuff..u can as well direct me to their site..,and pls what are my chances of getting it because I don't have anyone there!

If you really want it, you'd google their site.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yamunla(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
jennykadry:

If you really want it, you'd google their site.
this visa stuffs needs certain guideline..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
yamunla:
this visa stuffs needs certain guideline..
From when I applied a coupla years back, you download and fill d form and dhl to the high commission in canada? Not sure where I sent it to but I got it back within 13 days and I was denied then.
Try turkey. Get a UK or shengen visa and spend ur leave there. It still counts as travel history. Care to share yur transcript?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by yamunla(m): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

From when I applied a coupla years back, you download and fill d form and dhl to the high commission in canada? Not sure where I sent it to but I got it back within 13 days and I was denied then.
Try turkey. Get a UK or shengen visa and spend ur leave there. It still counts as travel history. Care to share yur transcript?
OK..
Me-Good Morning Sir
VO-Good Morning..Are u Adeyemi so so so...
Me-Yes
VO-where are u goin in the US
Me-I told him
VO-to do what pls
Me-will be starting my annual Leave on 1st Dec,and will like to attend a seminar there(which I av already registered for)
VO-are u married
Me-yes
VO-Since when av u been working with ur company
Me-i told him
VO-how much do u earn
Me-i told him
VO-when did u graduate from school
Me-i told him
VO-started pressing him computer,and the voice came..SORRY Bla bla bla..

Will appreciate if u can give me insight about the turkish visa..how to go about it online..

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
yamunla:
OK..
Me-Good Morning Sir
VO-Good Morning..Are u Adeyemi so so so...
Me-Yes
VO-where are u goin in the US
Me-I told him
VO-to do what pls
Me-will be starting my annual Leave on 1st Dec,and will like to attend a seminar there(which I av already registered for)
VO-are u married
Me-yes
VO-Since when av u been working with ur company
Me-i told him
VO-how much do u earn
Me-i told him
VO-when did u graduate from school
Me-i told him
VO-started pressing him computer,and the voice came..SORRY Bla bla bla..

Will appreciate if u can give me insight about the turkish visa..how to go about it online..
I'll pm u cos this is the US thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.