Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,839 members, 7,806,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059350 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by extrovert6(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2014
jcaribie:

She's in school... The widely held concept will be that she's dependent on them.... A student has nothing more that could show home ties apart from school and family.

i love this pls explain better
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2014
extrovert6:

wow! page 1 - 142
thats serious
you must b a good wife
The best! grin
So that should ginger u. Its just 150 pages...lol

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
extrovert6:

wow
this s serious
can i get a letter of sponsorship from my department then , i mean through my HOD for d conference?

even if i have the money.in my account , where will i say i get itvfrom as a full time student?
h.o.d doesn't give letter in u.i, it's the registrar that gives letter, all I have to say is that a student will not pass for visa at all because I was doing masters in u.i when I applied last and I applied as a student and I was refused.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
chloe7:
h.o.d doesn't give letter in u.i, it's the registrar that gives letter, all I have to say is that a student will not pass for visa at all because I was doing masters in u.i when I applied last and I applied as a student and I was refused.
Ahhh baby! America haff show u something o! grin
Please when is the next interview? I have red cloth wen u go tie for teeth and the VO will give U. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

Ahhh baby! America haff show u something o! grin
Please when is the next interview? I have red cloth wen u go tie for teeth and the VO will give U. grin grin grin grin grin
na only one refusal but e pain me die, I drove like a mad woman back home, I don tire for them next appointment date I can see is for 21st but I want to schedule for a Saturday morning o jare, I paid visa fees today but i'm yet to schedule appointment because i'm even planning to birth there already which wasn't part of the original plan.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
chloe7:
na only one refusal but e pain me die, I drove like a mad woman back home, I don tire for them next appointment date I can see is for 21st but I want to schedule for a Saturday morning o jare, I paid visa fees today but i'm yet to schedule appointment because i'm even planning to birth there already which wasn't part of the original plan.
In that case Better take a look at the birthing in the US thread. So many tidbits there. U go learn taya
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

In that case Better take a look at the birthing in the US thread. So many tidbits there. U go learn taya
I don fill form already submit, so i'm just going for my application like that, although i've been following the birthing in the u.s thread ever since, so i've learnt many things there, i've decided on where i'll use, hospital and all, remain visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by extrovert6(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
chloe7:
i dont get!
im a member of the association thats organizing the conference
you mean they dont give students visa. it has to do with my field

my sister ! my hod gave me a letter addressed to the embassy when i was to go to SA
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
extrovert6:

i dont get!

my sister ! my hod gave me a letter addressed to the embassy when i was to go to SA
I did my undergrad and masters degree in u.i, and I always got letters to the u.k embassy to renew visas and I was never given by my dean, rather you write to the registrar through the h.o.d. Well I don't know sha why the h.o.d is giving letters direct now sha and as a student studying full time, no job, don't mess it up like I did, I advice you don't bother going at all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jcaribie: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
chloe7:
I did my undergrad and masters degree in u.i, and I always got letters to the u.k embassy to renew visas and I was never given by my dean, rather you write to the registrar through the h.o.d. Well I don't know sha why the h.o.d is giving letters direct now sha and as a student studying full time, no job, don't mess it up like I did, I advice you don't bother going at all

Chloe7, I don't know why yours was different...but there's a lot of people I know who did get a letter stating the start and end date of their course from their department/school and got a visa. If we're to go buy what you said, most of the families who travel with their kids, won't be able to get visas for their kids, cos the parents are sponsoring. Which is not the case.
Regards....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
jcaribie:

Chloe7, I don't know why yours was different...but there's a lot of people I know who did get a letter stating the start and end date of their course from their department/school and got a visa. If we're to go buy what you said, most of the families who travel with their kids, won't be able to get visas for their kids, cos the parents are sponsoring. Which is not the case.
Regards....
re read what i've said annd understand them please I didn't say families so don't misquote me, I said an adult who is a full student without a job will raise an eye brow and is being sponsored by parents, when I was in school I always got letters and renewed my uk visas but i'm sorry to say it didn't work for u.s, so please get me right
Re: Usa Visit Visa by extrovert6(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2014
chloe7:
re read what i've said annd understand them please I didn't say families so don't misquote me, I said an adult who is a full student without a job will raise an eye brow and is being sponsored by parents, when I was in school I always got letters and renewed my uk visas but i'm sorry to say it didn't work for u.s, so please get me right
I think i am getting you now, thanks so much for bin there.
PLS i need more people to tutor me because i dont wanna miss my chance, I'm also an entreprenure , my farm is registered with CAC, but dont have a coperate account for the farm yet. the seminar is a four day seminar and i can get upto 1M into my personal account before d conference wc s july 27 - 30.
pls when is d best time to put in for the interview.
thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:08am On Dec 17, 2014
The truth is, nobody here works at the embassy. Its just guiidelines ti increase the probability of success. Nobody here is an Ifa priest.
exrovert can try his luck. Hey! We v hears stories of people with no job and looking like scruffians at the interview getting a visa

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2014
extrovert6:

I think i am getting you now, thanks so much for bin there.
PLS i need more people to tutor me because i dont wanna miss my chance, I'm also an entreprenure , my farm is registered with CAC, but dont have a coperate account for the farm yet. the seminar is a four day seminar and i can get upto 1M into my personal account before d conference wc s july 27 - 30.
pls when is d best time to put in for the interview.
thanks

As a farmer how much do you make in a month and how will the conference help your farming business?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jcaribie: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2014
chloe7:

Chloe7, we are both saying the same thing. An adult who is still being sponsored by their parent(s) will still be able to get the visa as its a tie to Nigeria...the problem comes when you're finished from school and u do not have a job. Going by what you've said, nobody in Nigeria above 18 and 21 will get a visitors visa...because they are sponsored by their parents. I know people who recently got their visas...they are students and being sponsored by their parents. Try not to discourage other people because of your own case. My take is, the embassy must have considered other factors in your case....which are applicable to your case. If someone gets a letter from their department stating the start and end dates of their course, their parent's SOA, and any other thing that's needed, so long as they can answer the VO and prove to the VO that they have home ties to Nigeria(beyond reasonable doubt s114b).. They'll be fine. Remember, the US embassy does not place so much importance on documents....it's what comes out from your answers to their questions that convinces them or puts them off.
Regards
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
LadyGuinivere:
The truth is, nobody here works at the embassy. Its just guiidelines ti increase the probability of success. Nobody here is an Ifa priest.
exrovert can try his luck. Hey! We v hears stories of people with no job and looking like scruffians at the interview getting a visa
exactly! Nobody here knows so much, everyone is only contributing his or her own quota.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
@jcaribie i'm not discouraging anyone o, i'm only saying my own ni and as for letter I got letter stating everything that the v.o didn't even check, when I attended my interview. Goodluck to everyone
Re: Usa Visit Visa by extrovert6(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thanks to u all! You're all too wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by oloriakinyemi: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Good day everyone,
Please house I scheduled an appointment for me and my daughter and the print out shows my daughter as the main applicant while am under her.hope this won't bring about any problem?please I need an urgent reply.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
extrovert6:

i dont get!

I am surprised with the way we keep discouraging people here. Students have 70% assurance of getting US visa if he/she can reasonably convince the VO on the the reason for the trip. I got my B1/B2 through the information I got from this thread January this year. I helped a close person of mine, who happens to be a postgraduate student to UI with her application few weeks back. She went for the interview on Wednesday and she was granted.

The truth is that, no one can predict the outcome of US visa application. Do your assignments well. Prepare yourself to the fullest. Ensure that the conference you are going for is 99% related to your postgraduate course and also your dissertation or thesis. Have good knowledge of the course you are studying, have good knowledge of the conference you are going for, in fact, prepare as if you are going to defend your project. Why? This is because all the questions that will be asked from you will be based on this conference and your course of study.
And as a student, the visa officer believe you are still dependent. Show good reason why your uncle or your auntie is sponsoring you. Make sure your d-160 is filled with every sense of carefulness and honesty. Thou shall not lie! Then above all, pray as if your life depends on it, especially for divine favour. You will surely smile out!

I will post her transcript here before the day runs out!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
Below is her transcript as she was interviewed by the VO. Note: the "me" refers to her and not myself. Just doing the post on her behalf cos she's not on Nairaland.

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, so where in the US are you going to?
Me: Austin in Texas
VO: What are you going there for?
Me: I am going going for a research conference.
VO: So what's the conference all about?
Me: I gave her the details of the conference as written on the conference website and the invitation sent to me.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am a postgraduate student of university of Ibadan.
VO: Postgraduate of where? (It seemed she didn't hear me clearly)
Me: University of Ibadan
VO: Of what benefit is the conference to you?
ME: I explained to her in details how the conference relates to my course work, field work and a research paper I am working on.
VO: So what are your findings on the research paper?
ME: I'm still on it, I've not completed it
VO: ok, so why this particular conference?
ME: It will help me in the course of writing my research paper because through the seminars and talks that will be given by other researchers, I will have a better understanding on what I need for my research
VO: So, can you tell me one of your objectives for the research paper?
ME: I explained to her in details
VO: So tell me how you will achieve the objectives
ME: (Though I wasn't prepared for all these, but I immediately put myself together downloaded what I never rehearsed, after which she gave me a consenting nod)
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have any relative in the US?
VO: Where do your parents live?
Me: Ekiti
VO: And your siblings?
Me: Ekiti, except those in school.
VO: Who is paying for your trip?
ME: My uncle
VO: why your uncle?
ME: Because he has being the one sponsoring my education since the death of my father.
VO: Ok. You can pick up your visa on Monday. (But I already picked it up today... Got two years visa)

To my utmost surprise, no document was checked, just that she drilled me like no man's business. I went with my uncle's bank statement, His sponsorship letter, a letter from my project supervisor, and the conference invitation letter. I don't have any travel history, and in fact, I got my international passport about a month ago.

My advice: Work seriously on your ds-160, make sure you give details of your duties when filling the form. Don't put what you can't defend on your form. Be 100% honest.

Pray, Pray and Pray hard. Fast if you can. God still works wonders!

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
@Steve Nice! Great learning point
Extrovert Oya carry go!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by extrovert6(m): 2:43am On Dec 20, 2014
Stevenjel:
Below is her transcript as she was interviewed by the VO. Note: the "me" refers to her and not myself. Just doing the post on her behalf cos she's not on Nairaland.

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, so where in the US are you going to?
Me: Austin in Texas
VO: What are you going there for?
Me: I am going going for a research conference.
VO: So what's the conference all about?
Me: I gave her the details of the conference as written on the conference website and the invitation sent to me.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am a postgraduate student of university of Ibadan.
VO: Postgraduate of where? (It seemed she didn't hear me clearly)
Me: University of Ibadan
VO: Of what benefit is the conference to you?
ME: I explained to her in details how the conference relates to my course work, field work and a research paper I am working on.
VO: So what are your findings on the research paper?
ME: I'm still on it, I've not completed it
VO: ok, so why this particular conference?
ME: It will help me in the course of writing my research paper because through the seminars and talks that will be given by other researchers, I will have a better understanding on what I need for my research
VO: So, can you tell me one of your objectives for the research paper?
ME: I explained to her in details
VO: So tell me how you will achieve the objectives
ME: (Though I wasn't prepared for all these, but I immediately put myself together downloaded what I never rehearsed, after which she gave me a consenting nod)
VO: Are you married?
VO: Do you have any relative in the US?
VO: Where do your parents live?
Me: Ekiti
VO: And your siblings?
Me: Ekiti, except those in school.
VO: Who is paying for your trip?
ME: My uncle
VO: why your uncle?
ME: Because he has being the one sponsoring my education since the death of my father.
VO: Ok. You can pick up your visa on Monday. (But I already picked it up today... Got two years visa)

To my utmost surprise, no document was checked, just that she drilled me like no man's business. I went with my uncle's bank statement, His sponsorship letter, a letter from my project supervisor, and the conference invitation letter. I don't have any travel history, and in fact, I got my international passport about a month ago.

My advice: Work seriously on your ds-160, make sure you give details of your duties when filling the form. Don't put what you can't defend on your form. Be 100% honest.

Pray, Pray and Pray hard. Fast if you can. God still works wonders!

Wow! This settles it all!
A big thank you to all that has contributed, I've really learnt a lot from you.
My conference is in July, can I register now for my appointment ??
When is it advisable to fix my appointment may or June ?
Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 20, 2014
@extrovert6 you can book your appointment any time from 3 months to your intended travel date, the earlier the better and if you intend using Lagos the dates for February are almost exhausted, so please do sharply and pay and pick date
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jchi9876: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
chloe7:
@extrovert6 you can book your appointment any time from 3 months to your intended travel date, the earlier the better and if you intend using Lagos the dates for February are almost exhausted, so please do sharply and pay and pick date

You sef done dey turn "guru"
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
Does travelling experience as an individual and not as a family count for a family visa.
i.e both wife and hubby have travel experience but not together as a family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ess:
Does travelling experience as an individual and not as a family count for a family visa.
i.e both wife and hubby have travel experience but not together as a family.

It really counts. Just give a good reason why you have not been able to travel together, in case the VO asks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by extrovert6(m): 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
chloe7:

My conference is July,
Can I pick a day in May or June ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
extrovert6:

My conference is July,
Can I pick a day in May or June ?
For practical reasons, I say the earlier the better. If you get the visa, u start looking for a package deal on flights

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 21, 2014
Jchi9876:

You sef done dey turn "guru"
Ahan it's because I recently booked appointment and most dates in January and February were gone

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.