Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059446 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 21, 2014
extrovert6:

My conference is July,
Can I pick a day in May or June ?
April or may won't be bad, the earlier the better

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2014
extrovert6:

My conference is July,
Can I pick a day in May or June ?

Two months to your trip is a good bargain.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukahands(m): 1:45am On Dec 22, 2014
hello house,

i have my visa interview on the 20th of January, but the problem is that i have my flight back to the UK on that same day, is it possible to get a nearer appointment day ? or shud i just change my flight ?

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 22, 2014
bukahands:
hello house,

i have my visa interview on the 20th of January, but the problem is that i have my flight back to the UK on that same day, is it possible to get a nearer appointment day ? or shud i just change my flight ?

Thank you
maybe you should expedite your appointment or change your flight, anyone that will be suitable for you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bukahands(m): 2:29am On Dec 22, 2014
chloe7:
maybe you should expedite your appointment or change your flight, anyone that will be suitable for you.

please how do i expedite it ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 22, 2014
bukahands:

please how do i expedite it ?
check out the other thread where the v.o answers i'm sure it's there
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
Good day guys,
Please i want to apply for US visa, though the first time, however my passport will expire in 7months time, so i tried to do a renewal, but on getting to the passport office today, they told me I can't renew until it is less than six month. My fear is that if apply with the present passport by the time I am due in the embassy I may have 4months or thereabout left to expiration. Please do you advise, I intend to make payment 1st week in January and book date same period.

Expecting your response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by misszionboo(f): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2014
Compliments. Of d season everyone. Please how do I follow someone on naira land.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 10:32am On Dec 23, 2014
misszionboo:
Compliments. Of d season everyone. Please how do I follow someone on naira land.

Click on the person's ID (name), and on the profile you will see (Follow This Member ), click on it, behold you are a follower.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Stevenjel:

Click on the person's ID (name), and on the profile you will see (Follow This Member ), click on it, behold you are a follower.

cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by StudyAbroadUk: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
@Bugativeron. You already know what to do. Don't be in haste. Renew your passport before making any application to avoid issues at a later stage.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 8:42am On Dec 24, 2014
bugativeron:
Good day guys,
Please i want to apply for US visa, though the first time, however my passport will expire in 7months time, so i tried to do a renewal, but on getting to the passport office today, they told me I can't renew until it is less than six month. My fear is that if apply with the present passport by the time I am due in the embassy I may have 4months or thereabout left to expiration. Please do you advise, I intend to make payment 1st week in January and book date same period.

Expecting your response

When exactly are you going to apply for visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
chloe7:
April or may won't be bad, the earlier the better

Please what does the number under Available imply?
I can see that at 9:30am there are 101 available.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ess:

Please what does the number under Available imply?
I can see that at 9:30am there are 101 available.
it means as of that time 9.30am had 101 slots for interview
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
chloe7:
it means as of that time 9.30am had 101 slots for interview

Thought so but when you look at dates that far in the future, they have a maximum of 29 only.
So you mean they can interview 101 slots per that 30min period?!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ess:

Thought so but when you look at dates that far in the future, they have a maximum of 29 only.
So you mean they can interview 101 slots per that 30min period?!
I really don't know about that because everything about them changes constantly.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2014
abujaniv:
Hello Nairalanders,

VO here. We are continuing to see people appear at the Embassy and Consulate for an interview with DS-160 information that differs from their appointment confirmation. This is a friendly reminder that:

• The DS-160 non-immigrant visa application confirmation number used to schedule visa interviews must match the application confirmation page that is brought to the interview. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be interviewed and will have to purchase a new fee receipt to book another appointment. This includes families – make sure that the DS-160 information matches the appointment information for every family member, even young children.

• Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa interview are available on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov.

• Applicants with existing appointments should contact the CGI Call Center at +234 0144 06218 to make any necessary changes.

We believe this change will make application processing faster and more efficient, and we thank you for your attention.

Compliments of the season,
U.S. Mission to Nigeria
Re: Usa Visit Visa by temmy2103(f): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Compliments of the season people, I've my interview in a couple of weeks but when scheduling appointment I filled only my first and last name cos there was no place for middle name
Later found out it shd be exactly how it is in my passport.
Want to knw if:
1, I can go like dt or
2, How I can change/adjust d details
Thank you so much for ur response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
temmy2103:
Compliments of the season people, I've my interview in a couple of weeks but when scheduling appointment I filled only my first and last name cos there was no place for middle name
Want to knw if:
1, I can go like dt or

You have nothing to worry about. Just ensure your last name and first name are the same with what you have on the passport. And I hope you understand that your last name means your surname, cos some people do make mistake on this. If all that are in order, Proeed to the embassy and get your visa.

#BasedOnMyLittleKnowledge
Re: Usa Visit Visa by temmy2103(f): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
Stevenjel:

You have nothing to worry about. Just ensure your last name and first name are the same with what you have on the passport. And I hope you understand that your last name means your surname, cos some people do make mistake on this. If all that are in order, Proeed to the embassy and get your visa.

Thnx a lot, i knw d last name as surname

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Stevenjel:

Not true please. The ist time I applied,(like 5 years ago) I omitted my middle name. The VO sent me out and I went to the cybercafes around the lagos embassy to edit it. Apparently she enabled it so I could edit the DS 160. Note: it says name must be exactly as it is on your passport. Ada Yemi Alade could be a different person from Ada Alade.
@ Temmy , I suggest you fill a new ds 160 properly, cancel the existing appointment and rebook with the new one.
On the alternative, send them an email and see what they tell you, u can never go wrong there.
Cheers and gopod luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
temmy2103:
Want to knw if:
1, I can go like dt or

abujaniv:
Hello Nairalanders,

VO here. We are continuing to see people appear at the Embassy and Consulate for an interview with DS-160 information that differs from their appointment confirmation. This is a friendly reminder that:

The DS-160 non-immigrant visa application confirmation number used to schedule visa interviews must match the application confirmation page that is brought to the interview. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be interviewed and will have to purchase a new fee receipt to book another appointment. This includes families – make sure that the DS-160 information matches the appointment information for every family member, even young children.

• Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa interview are available on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov.

• Applicants with existing appointments should contact the CGI Call Center at +234 0144 06218 to make any necessary changes.

We believe this change will make application processing faster and more efficient, and we thank you for your attention.

Compliments of the season,
U.S. Mission to Nigeria
Re: Usa Visit Visa by temmy2103(f): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
justwise:

ok, thnx
Will call them on monday by God's grace
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

Not true please. The ist time I applied,(like 5 years ago) I omitted my middle name. The VO sent me out and I went to the cybercafes around the lagos embassy to edit it. Apparently she enabled it so I could edit the DS 160. Note: it says name must be exactly as it is on your passport. Ada Yemi Alade could be a different person from Ada Alade.
@ Temmy , I suggest you fill a new ds 160 properly, cancel the existing appointment and rebook with the new one.
On the alternative, send them an email and see what they tell you, u can never go wrong there.
Cheers and gopod luck

Well, I am not a visa officer er, but whatever info I give is based on personal experience. Between January and December this year I have assisted 3 friends in filling forms, including my personal own which I attached its picture here. And the recent was about 10 days ago. So if you say my info is wrong, well maybe I didnt get the question right.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 6:25am On Dec 27, 2014
Stevenjel:

Well, I am not a visa officer er, but whatever info I give is based on personal experience. Between January and December this year I have assisted 3 friends in filling forms, including my personal own which I attached its picture here. And the recent was about 10 days ago. So if you say my info is wrong, well maybe I didnt get the question right.
I have no idea what u filled. All I know is if Temmy failed to fill in her middle name, she should strive to correct it. And you telling her its ok like that isn't.
Look at the highlighted part of justwise's recent post for emphasis
Re: Usa Visit Visa by temmy2103(f): 7:57am On Dec 27, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

I have no idea what u filled. All I know is if Temmy failed to fill in her middle name, she should strive to correct it. And you telling her its ok like that isn't.
Look at the highlighted part of justwise's recent post for emphasis

My DS-160 form is correct, it's d appointment schedule like @stevenjel's
Re: Usa Visit Visa by raldo2008: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2014
please forum I need info on exact documents needed if I want to apply for B1/B2 USA visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 27, 2014
raldo2008:
please forum I need info on exact documents needed if I want to apply for B1/B2 USA visa.
b1/b2 is a combination of tourism, medicals, business and conference visa all in one, so know your purpose of applying and also decided which documents fit into your purpose of application but you sha know that at all at all you will need to pay visa fees and you will need your most recent account statement dated back to 6 months or 4 months and other documents you think will help your application
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adaphic: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hallo houz, pls how do I apply for a tourist/visitors visa to the US?
I,m getting married next month & I intend to spend my honeymoon there. How do I go about it , particularly getting called for an interview in the shortest possible time?

Urgent opinions wld be very well appreciated.
Thx & compliments of the season.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
adaphic:
Hallo houz, pls how do I apply for a tourist/visitors visa to the US?
I,m getting married next month & I intend to spend my honeymoon there. How do I go about it , particularly getting called for an interview in the shortest possible time?

Urgent opinions wld be very well appreciated.
Thx & compliments of the season.
fill your ds-160,pay your visa fees and choose a date annd attend your interview

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.