Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059551 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2012
God bless you topsyking as u remove suxes2005 posts and mine... I did not talk to him o, na my own i sitdown jeje after he don scam me, he con begin on me again after the judgement in my favour here on nairaland.

Pls lets continue helping others in their traveling processing here. If you see any posts from either me or suxes2005 here agin, pls remove it.

Thanks...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2012
jub009: @ Sheyi, wats up wit ur bb?

Was broke so I sold it.... anoda Q?

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2012
lol undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topsyking: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
suxes2005:

Was broke so I sold it.... anoda Q?

Sheyi
Guy you and dotcom are comedian...u just make me laugh out with dis post
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
topsyking:
Guy you and dotcom are comedian...u just make me laugh out with dis post

I hear you sir!

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
suxes2005:

I hear you sir!

Sheyi

topsyking, u're mouthed ! grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fummiee(f): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hi all, my family and I were at the us embaassy 2day but the VO handed a note to us and said they need 2do some administrative processing annd they'll get back 2 us. But really I don't knw what this mmeans cuz he didn't even check any of our documents. Pls can anyone enlighten me pls.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Fummiee: Hi all, my family and I were at the us embaassy 2day but the VO handed a note to us and said they need 2do some administrative processing annd they'll get back 2 us. But really I don't knw what this mmeans cuz he didn't even check any of our documents. Pls can anyone enlighten me pls.

Just be patient and keep on praying, but i think u'll get it since they did not refuse/return ur passport istantly.
Goodluck...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hi All,

I've got my interview scheduled for Nov 9th @ the US consulate in Abuja,am a masters degree student here in Nigeria & I've got a US citizen as my sponsor who's a family,what are my chances if I may ask? I've only traveled to Ghana before. Need ya'll's advise. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fummiee(f): 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
@dotcom, thanks for d response. But he gave us our passports back. Same thing happened 2 my senoir colleague but she said her husband mailed them after 10working days and they called them immediately and were eventually granted. But in her own case she's been 2 US twice to have her babies so I guess they were trying 2 confirm if she paid for delivery. While I was denied 2years ago. Pls wats ur take on this? Because d guy didn't even ask serious question + he didn't check any document. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
davino228: Hi All,

I've got my interview scheduled for Nov 9th @ the US consulate in Abuja,am a masters degree student here in Nigeria & I've got a US citizen as my sponsor who's a family,what are my chances if I may ask? I've only traveled to Ghana before. Need ya'll's advise. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
davino228: Hi All,

These are questions you need to overcome quite convincingly;
Do you have a Job/what do you do in Nigeria thats Significant?
Are you Married?
Do you have Kids?
Do you have an account?
Why do you want to go to the US?
As for your Ghana trip, weeeell it will help(but I wish you had gone to a country that issued a VISA on your PP) anyway adunno but package your Ghana travel experience well if you are asked.
One thing I know is that the US embassy frowns at individuals over 21 still being "wholly" sponsored(its assumed you are a full adult), esp when the Sponsor is in the US... You are to defeat all assumptions that you are not an intending immigrant, and demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria- yep, things that can show you will return. from your lil' case here it seems all your Punch is coming from your family in the US- and trust me that doesnt help issues.
Well, you still have time to rehearse on how to convince the VO.
Oh and one more thing... PRAY HARD.
Good Luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Fummiee: @dotcom, thanks for d response. But he gave us our passports back. Same thing happened 2 my senoir colleague but she said her husband mailed them after 10working days and they called them immediately and were eventually granted. But in her own case she's been 2 US twice to have her babies so I guess they were trying 2 confirm if she paid for delivery. While I was denied 2years ago. Pls wats ur take on this? Because d guy didn't even ask serious question + he didn't check any document. Thank you.

In that case, i think the visa officer is sending your file to the senior officers for more consideration... But since the officer already told u that they will get back to you, i think they'll get back to you truly, and i think they will approve your visa and ur family too... Keep your hands crossed and wait for their calll.... Let ur phone always on alert, including ur husband... You will be granted your visa by God's grace....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by topsyking: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2012
cool[center][/center]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fummiee(f): 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
@dotcom thanks a bunch.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Oct20: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
hi.am new here but i ve bn a follower of your discussions here.i have problem filling my ds 160 form.after making my us visa fee payment in april.i made a mistake with my sponsors address in usa and had to make correction.i wrongly entered a wrong password and could nt get an appointment.my uncle gave me a guy's number at v.i to help wt a early day of appointment which he cld nt get.yesterday.i went to d cafe to pick a date with a family frnd of mine but i could nt pick a date due to the wrong password i typed then and was told an applicant with the name iniyadi has d same detils and was asked to send an email to an add.which i did.am confused.i dnt knw if it has bn used for another applicant by the guy i gave my details to secure a date for me.sirs ur advice are needed.thank
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
Oct 20: hi.am new here but i ve bn a follower of your discussions here.i have problem filling my ds 160 form.after making my us visa fee payment in april.i made a mistake with my sponsors address in usa and had to make correction.i wrongly entered a wrong password and could nt get an appointment.my uncle gave me a guy's number at v.i to help wt a early day of appointment which he cld nt get.yesterday.i went to d cafe to pick a date with a family frnd of mine but i could nt pick a date due to the wrong password i typed then and was told an applicant with the name iniyadi has d same detils and was asked to send an email to an add.which i did.am confused.i dnt knw if it has bn used for another applicant by the guy i gave my details to secure a date for me.sirs ur advice are needed.thank
Your story is not so clear to me but if I understood you right, you once gave someone your details to get an appointment for you, it probably that the person has opened an account with the details you gave to him, so please kindly get in touch with the person and demand for some explainations from the person.
Cheers!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
@optimus-prime1............. I guess I made a typo.... My sponsor ain't no family member,just an old friend. shocked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 6:35am On Nov 04, 2012
Hello house. I'm currently serving in ogun state in a sec schl. I applied for a b1/b2 visa to travel for christmas holiday,my appointment is @ d end of nov. my bro nd mum are us citizens nd they have filled for an immigrant visa for me.pls wot documents do I need 2 present @ d interview, nd wot kind of questions would I b asked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 11:39am On Nov 06, 2012
davino228: @optimus-prime1............. I guess I made a typo.... My sponsor ain't no family member,just an old friend. shocked
I feel you. Now here's the thing; if you have a relevant Job, you occupy a significant post/responsibility, or you own assets/property that are legally documented... It would put you in a good position to overcome the assumption that you are not an intending immigrant, but in the absence of any of the above... Especially where you now have your friend "IN" the US sponsoring the trip "WHOLLY"_ Unless your friend is probably P.diddy, trust me those Consular officers will raise eyebrows at the purpose of your trip... And the Burden of you overcoming the fact you are'nt an intending immigrant becomes greater on you.
My advice to you, package your presentation well-highlight points that would ensure you'd return to Nigeria, lay emphasis on binding priorities you have here (even if you dont have any) and pRrRraaaaAAaay properly.... Then again you need lots of luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
edun.o:
Hello house. I'm currently serving in ogun state in a sec schl. I applied for a b1/b2 visa to travel for christmas holiday,my appointment is @ d end of nov. my bro nd mum are us citizens nd they have filled for an immigrant visa for me.pls wot documents do I need 2 present @ d interview, nd wot kind of questions would I b asked
Apart from your Passport and appointment info printout which are very important *of course you know that*, carry these documents with you(even though you "May" not be asked during the interview)

*Your Invitation letter
*W2/Tax from the Invitee
*Evidence you are a Corper, I.D or any NYSC'ish document
*you might wanna start organizing your Bankstatement now, to backup the income/salary you filled on your DS 160

You'll be asked the basic questions, like;
What do you do, do you have a job?
Are you married?
You have any kids?
Why are you going to the US?
What are you going to do in the US?
How long do you intend to stay in the US?
Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Where do you intend to stay in the US?

But... Your case sounds rather complicated, why?
Because your folks have already filed for an immigrant Visa for you and that sorta defeats the purpose of an NIV(Non Immigrant Visa) in your case, the B1/B2.
Your Immigrant alert is already sounding pretty LOUDLY... Well see what happens. wishing you good luck out there.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yea but,jst wanna go 4 christmas holiday, nd I havnt even heard from the NVC concernin my immigrant visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2012
edun.o:
Yea but,jst wanna go 4 christmas holiday, nd I havnt even heard from the NVC concernin my immigrant visa
When was the Immigrant Visa filed for you?
Well just prepare well, assuming everything goes normally... But what I'm saying is those peeps @the US embassy keep records very well, the moment you stand before the consular officer interviewing you, records about previous Immigrant Visa filing will pop(by the way, hope you indicated that on your DS 160?)
and if NVC was already processing your Immigrant Visa applic which was filed- just know they may keep your NIV(B1/B2) pending.
Anyway Regardless, put up a good show during your Interview... I suggest you should even Kit up 7/7 *winks*.
Goodluck o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
optimus-prime1:

When was the Immigrant Visa filed for you?
Well just prepare well, assuming everything goes normally... But what I'm saying is those peeps @the US embassy keep records very well, the moment you stand before the consular officer interviewing you, records about previous Immigrant Visa filing will pop(by the way, hope you indicated that on your DS 160?)

Yea I indicated that,lol @ d 7/7. Thanks sha
and if NVC was already processing your Immigrant Visa applic which was filed- just know they may keep your NIV(B1/B2) pending.
Anyway Regardless, put up a good show during your Interview... I suggest you should even Kit up 7/7 *winks*.
Goodluck o
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Hmm, with hurricane sandy and unfriendly weather, the demand for us visa has decreased undecided
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Princeyabure: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
Fellow nairalanders a 21 yrs old friend of mine is planing to go the usa for a two weeks hollidays, he is a student and a trader as well, please what are the best documents you advice he should submit to the emmbassy and please what are his chances of getting a visa, your advice will be highly appreciated hoping to hear fro you all stay bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.