Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1058992 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
LagosNIV:

I would advise you to just be honest - if you are a student then say that you are a student.

But what do I know?
Seriously sometimes its pointless cos people with fraudulent intents no matter what u say they feel you are being dull.
Then when they are caught u get questions like 'what do I do now?'
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Brother to effectively answer your queshion biko we need to know your reason for travel? Is it for medical treatment , vacation or a conference?
U can get an expedited date if and only if u fall within the exceptions stipulated. U can go back like 10 pages or just google expedited appointment for US visa in nigeria.
If u go for the interview when the reason for yor travel has passed then na 'error error!!!' Be that o.
Goddey I do not understand how I enter into your fracas. Pls today na sunday. Free me o mbok! Ask
@greengoner what his problem with you is in a civilised manner. This thread got to this stage by people maintaining civility and charitable language not 'keep silent'

@lady am attending a printing technology conference at Chicago which is dated 12-15 September 2015 but now have seen an appointment date on 9th September
Re: Usa Visit Visa by homeboy2015: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hello all, I've been a silent reader in this forum for some time now and i really appreciate all your efforts in helping people get their visas approved. I want to go to the US for an I.T service management training(self-sponsored). I currently work as the Head of I.T in a 4-star hotel(salary 150k/month). I have a registered I.T consulting firm in Lagos. Married(Traditionally) with a son. I am also currently studying Accounting(Bsc) at Unilag-Dli. What are my chances of getting the visa? all constructive criticisms are welcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shalomm: 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
mimzy:

Oh my God!!! what kind of a person are u godfry or godfrey or whatever ur name is. i have been a very silent follower of this thread but today,u have made me come out in d open cos i am afraid for the people that will take to ur advice, even u aint sure of what ure saying, u keep contradicting urself. Could u pls allow people that have good intentions (the likes of Lady G and others)profer advice as i really cannot comprehend what u are up to. honestly i am really pissed at u, do not, i repeat, do not mislead people if u do not have anything reasonable to say, could u please just go elsewhere to look for ur potential preys. shalom and shalomm grin (in lady Gs voice cheesy)

What sort of wickedness is this na? must you mention me?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
shalomm:

What sort of wickedness is this na? must you mention me?
Lolz! U ought to be happy nwannt! Most poPular thread member...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
influential01:

@lady am attending a printing technology conference at Chicago which is dated 12-15 September 2015 but now have seen an appointment date on 9th September
Wow! That's a close one. So if u are successful, u pick up visa on the 11th and do Lagos-Chicago that same night. That is so Jackie Chan moves o!
I pray to see this moves made manifest. Plz keep us posted!
Shalomm lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by homeboy2015: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lady G. Abeg i dey expect ur comment o.

Hello all, I've been a silent reader in this forum for some time now and i really appreciate all your efforts in helping people get their visas approved. I want to go to the US for an I.T service management training(self-sponsored). I currently work as the Head of I.T in a 4-star hotel(salary 150k/month). I have a registered I.T consulting firm in Lagos. Married(Traditionally) with a son. I am also currently studying Accounting(Bsc) at Unilag-Dli. What are my chances of getting the visa? all constructive criticisms are welcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
homeboy2015:
Lady G. Abeg i dey expect ur comment o.

Chaieeeee! See werrin this strike don cause? I haff turn to internet VO cheesy
Ok o! Hm! Prof! Chloe! Greengooner! Overlord! Onedollarbill tongue
I cannot honestly say I can equate your chances into numbers (my humble opinion remember?) But I can break it down to pros and cons
Pros:
The conference is related to your field of work
You are a student-Ties
You are married with a son
You also have an IT consulting firm. (One can assume you want to better your knowlege in other to grow your own business)

Cons:
Your marriage isn't under the law. So for all intents and purposes you are single.
You are self sponsored. If your office was sponsoring you , e for sweet pass.
So really, I think you stand a chance. Your comportment and job know how might now be the turning point.
I hope you no be all these 'I wan go hustle people o!'
Shalomm! lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
vickero:
Hello guys.Please one more question.Myself,wife and son were issued visas in 2010 but we couldn't travel till the visa expired,also the passport on which the visa was issued too has also expired.Now,we have new passports and want to apply again.Pls who do u guys think are our chances and any suggestion s asper what we might need for our interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by homeboy2015: 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I cannot honestly say I can equate your chances into numbers (my humble opinion remember?) But I can break it down to pros and cons
Pros:
You are a student-Ties
You also have an IT consulting firm. (One can assume you want to better your knowlege in other to grow your own business)

Cons:
Your marriage isn't under the law. So for all intents and purposes you are single.
So really, I think you stand a chance. Your comportment and job know how might now be the turning point.
Shalomm! lipsrsealed

Thanks Lady G.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

1) No guarantee. The clincher is your home ties not your inviter

2) Passports can be renewed within 6 months to renewal date. August to November is less than 6 months so yes u can

LadyG, Are you sure passport can be renewed before expiry. Well, i don't know if they have started it or there are some center where they do such.
I couldn't renew my own even one week to expiry at festac center.
It could be possible sha
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lizzylilly: 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good day please am a sillent reader and have gained alot on this thread ,i went for my interview today at Lagos . Im 24 weeks pregnant.unfortunately i was refused by the black woman. please help me , how to solve this problem am down since i came back.
my husband has business in south africa and i have my business also am general merchandise in clothing and textiles. I have 7 million plus in my account and i went with my husband statement of account too.

Vo; when is your due date? first week of december
Vo:why did you choose phoenix among all? because its affordable
Vo;what do you do?
Vo;how much do you earn per month? 2million and it depends on sales
Vo: do you have relate there? No
Vo: why do choose economy crossland studio? because is closer to the hospital.
VO:Have you travel before. yes southafrica.

she gave me the blue paper.please i need your candid advice

Now i dont know if i can reapply in south africa because i have valid residence or i should apply in abuja.
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
So many 'sillent' readers on this thread deciding to show up today with the same conversation style.

Some of these 'sillent ' readers decided to register today all within 20 minutes of each other...hmmmn shocked shocked shocked

I shall keep watching 'sillently'. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
Dyke004:

LadyG, Are you sure passport can be renewed before expiry. Well, i don't know if they have started it or there are some center where they do such.
It could be possible sha
I am a 100 percent sure.
Had to fish out my passports now..old one expired jan 2014. Renewed sept 2013.
Go to another centre
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lizzylilly: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
@ thegreengooner yes i registered today. I didnt register before and have been reading birthing thread for some months before i went for interview today.
thegreengooner:
So many 'sillent' readers on this thread deciding to show up today with the same conversation style.

Some of these 'sillent ' readers decided to register today all within 20 minutes of each other...hmmmn shocked shocked shocked

I shall keep watching 'sillently'. grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
lizzylilly:

@ thegreengooner yes i registered today. I didnt register before and have been reading birthing thread for some months before i went for interview today.

OK...I didn't call names sha but you're welcome
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mitchelle1989(f): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Femite74:
I had a visa interview scheduled for 5th of
August, but I recently received a mail that the
interview date has been moved to 25th of
August. The problem is, .
my hubby have interview same date, but didnt receive any mail. Fingerscrossed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shalomm: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Pros:
You are a student-Ties

Cons:
Shalomm! lipsrsealed

its shalom... just one M pls na grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Pros:
You are a student-Ties

Cons:
Shalomm! lipsrsealed

ACTUALLY... Traditional marriage counts under Nigerian law, so it counts for us.
This is actually a problem sometimes when folks apply for a fiancé visa but were already married to that person in a traditional marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
LagosNIV:

ACTUALLY... Traditional marriage counts under Nigerian law, so it counts for us.
This is actually a problem sometimes when folks apply for a fiancé visa but were already married to that person in a traditional marriage.
Ok! Thanks for that piece of education. Something new I learnt today!
So my own question, am I going to have any issue with renewing via dropbox if I don't use my visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 05, 2015
mitchelle1989:
my hubby have interview same date, but didnt receive any mail. Fingerscrossed
chai.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goddey1975: 7:49am On Aug 05, 2015
lizzylilly:

Good day please am a sillent reader and have gained alot on this thread ,i went for my interview today at Lagos . Im 24 weeks pregnant.unfortunately i was refused by the black woman. please help me , how to solve this problem am down since i came back.
my husband has business in south africa and i have my business also am general merchandise in clothing and textiles. I have 7 million plus in my account and i went with my husband statement of account too.

Vo; when is your due date? first week of december
Vo:why did you choose phoenix among all? because its affordable
Vo;what do you do?
Vo;how much do you earn per month? 2million and it depends on sales
Vo: do you have relate there? No
Vo: why do choose economy crossland studio? because is closer to the hospital.
VO:Have you travel before. yes southafrica.

she gave me the blue paper.please i need your candid advice

Now i dont know if i can reapply in south africa because i have valid residence or i should apply in abuja.
Thanks.

@lizzylilly,i feel ur pain,but its well in jesus name,my kindly peice of advice is apply with ur husband in ur next application,dis mak d vo believe dat since u hav no family in u.s,ur husband wil b there 4 u during ur delivery, 1luv and peace b unto evrybody in d house and ladyG ur queen.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2015
Goddey1975:
@lizzylilly,i feel ur pain,but its well in jesus name,my kindly peice of advice is apply with ur husband in ur next application,dis mak d vo believe dat since u hav no family in u.s,ur husband wil b there 4 u during ur delivery, 1luv and peace b unto evrybody in d house and ladyG ur queen.
Ouch! Such sarcasm shocked . I'm a lady though so I'm above it.
Lizzy I can see somebody gave u great advice on the birthing thread. E make sense gan. Sorry dear but it seems mihs hasn't been a great idea for visas recently.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Dyke004:

It could be possible sha

You sure can renew your passport 6months or less, try PH or Abuja NIS centres.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=vickero post=36601621][/quote]

If you have ties to your home country, good jobs, financially capable to cover your trip and all , I think you all stand a chance. Be ready to explain to the VO though why you didn't use your expired visas. Take your old passports where have the expired visas along with you for your interview.

You'll never know if you never try.

Best of luck! Shalom! smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2015
overlord77:

You sure can renew your passport 6months or less, try PH or Abuja NIS centres.

Enugu centre as well...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Goddey1975:

The truth remains that alot of us here are still very suspicious of you. Patronising ladyG or always calling God wont help bro. lol grin

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by spykid014(f): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Where's Chloe7 o? My "awoof flight" search partner? undecided

I saw Etihad LOS-JFK via Abu Dhabi really cheap. September ending, returning mid October for 225k, I'm scared to book because of the Etihad reviews I read on here, and Chloe7 also complained about them when she flew them to LHR earlier this year.

Please who has had good flights with etihad to the US?

I also saw arik non-stop to JFK for 203k shocked , but I'll pass! grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 10:55am On Aug 05, 2015
Praise the living God...He never fails.my teenage daughters n I just had our tourist visa applications approved this morning in the 7.30 batch in abuja. It was fun bn interviewed by the guy in cubicle 8.. .no single document asked / checked.it was like a chat wt a friend. The ladies there today were very hard nuts..they were drilling machines o.lol..i really want to appreciate nairaland.i read every post over a period of 2 months. Google was my home teacher.. I so read dat in my sleep I will be seeing my research. I pray for every body applying to get their approval ijn amen

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2015
We...good morning
V.o..goodmorning ladies
can I have ur passports n ds 160 forms pls?
Where do u want to go in America?
I...new york
V.o..lovely city.where do u work?
I..in.....
V.o..re u a judge? (I was dressed in black skirt suits wt my nerd glasses on!)
I...no administrator
V.o..ve u traveled before?
I...yes..uk.dubai n India
V.o..is any one else travelling wt u apart from ur girls?
I..no
V.o..to the first dota. What school re u?
Dota..university of..
V.o..what re u studying?
Dota..law
V o. To my second dota. What school re u?
2nd dota... secondary school.
V.o. What do u want to study after high school?
2nd dota. Information tech.
V. O beautiful. ( typing for some time). Finally, he said. Everything looks great.
Gave me the paper on where to collect my passports. N told us to enjoy our stay in new York. .thank you Jesus. I got the tips to dress the part here. I saw dat it is very important. Be very confident..above all pray, fast n anoint urself wt anointing oil n God wil manifest himself..now looking for reasonable air fares any idea, pls.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ozycy: 11:18am On Aug 05, 2015
Hi house, my hubby went for interview this morning and was denied, guess it's my fault cos I didn't give him my last delivery receipt cos I had my baby in US. I totally forgot, dunno what I was thinking shaa. he said dat was what dey asked him for and how much I paid for the hospital bills. They told him dat he wasn't prepared in his last application we all went for in 2013 and he is still not prepared now. I was thinking since that's the only thing they wanted, they would have told him to go get it and come back. Dunno if he shud reapply but the next available date now is September, can I still get available date sometime this august cos we plan to travel by September to have our baby? And How?

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.