Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059506 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goshen360(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
whymyheart: [i need help i work with cylinder manufacturing company in Ibadan i had took permission from my company to go for 5 days short training in USA and i had paid for the training i need advice what type of visa category i will fall when am paying for my visa fees at GTB bank and i will like to know likely questions the consular may ask from me during my interview and i will like to know if i need to pay for SEVI CHARGES

You will fall under the business visa, B2. You dont need to pay SEVIS fee, that is only for students.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheyai: 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aniffy4eva(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
Hi Guys

Please i need a little help here.
I recently booked a US visa appointment to renew our visas (my wife and I) on ustraveldocs dot com. Since i did the whole process on my profile, i received ONE US visa invitation letter for both of us - although both of our names are on it. However, i vaguely remember that i had to print 2 separate invitation letters for us the last time. My question is - Will the single US visa invitation letter suffice for both of us? Or is there something i'm not doing right?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 3:14am On Dec 30, 2012
aniffy4eva: Hi Guys

I recently booked a US visa appointment to renew our visas (my wife and I) on ustraveldocs dot com. Since i did the whole process on my profile, i received ONE US visa invitation letter for both of us - although both of our names are on it. However, i vaguely remember that i had to print 2 separate invitation letters for us the last time. My question is - Will the single US visa invitation letter suffice for both of us? Or is there something i'm not doing right?

Thanks in advance.
aniffy4eva: Hi Guys

Thanks in advance.
A single letter would suffice ,if you applied together.The VO might not even talk about it during the interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sndrmrtns: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2012
vanagon: hi N!L,season greetings,been a follower of d travel section for a while.pls can d Guru's in d hse,help me out,was refuse a us visa last april for conference,VO in abuja say's nt convinced,shld try oder time,i left it @ dat. nw want to go on vacation stil wt d same details bt nw @ d lagos consulate already got a date for jan 2013.lukin to visit NYC.being a 2nd time applicant,wat kind of question shld i xpect,av been to d uk b/4 on visit.married wt kid.wat chance do i av.tanx

Make sure all visa on your passport is valid because VO will check before any question .Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2012
Pls who knows how long the waiting period is for an immigrant visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aniffy4eva(m): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Gbenge77
Gbenge 77: A single letter would suffice ,if you applied together.The VO might not even talk about it during the interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolbreeze2: 12:06am On Dec 31, 2012
Hi all.. Please I intend on applying for a visitor's visa to the us soon and I have a few questions.. I'm 22 and I'm single.. I started work with a private construction company a few months ago.. I work as the personal assistant to the MD.. I earn roughly 150k per month.. I have over 1m in my acct.. I have an uncle in texas who's a citizen.. I intend to visit him too.. My leave starts in the middle of march.. I will be off work for 30 days.. Please what are my chances? + I don't have any landed property here in Nigeria so what can I use to prove my ties.. Pls get bak to me asap.. Its urgent.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by successgrace: 4:34am On Dec 31, 2012
cool_breeze: Hi all.. Please I intend on applying for a visitor's visa to the us soon and I have a few questions.. I'm 22 and I'm single.. I started work with a private construction company a few months ago.. I work as the personal assistant to the MD.. I earn roughly 150k per month.. I have over 1m in my acct.. I have an uncle in texas who's a citizen.. I intend to visit him too.. My leave starts in the middle of march.. I will be off work for 30 days.. Please what are my chances? + I don't have any landed property here in Nigeria so what can I use to prove my ties.. Pls get bak to me asap.. Its urgent.. Thanks

Hi
I believe it is better if your uncle send you an invitation letter,tax return with other documents and on your part too you need a leave letter from your place of work, in fact it is better you check the website out to see what documents are required and then prepare accordingly the earlier the better.
With Gods favour you have a very good chances
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolbreeze2: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2012
@succesgrace. Thanks. I can ask him to.. I'm well aware of the required documents.. My only fear is that the VO might think my job as a PA is not serious enough since I don't have any landed property or any other ways to prove strong ties to naija.. I need advice on wat ways to demonstrate I won't run away wen I get to the US
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheyai: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2012
Ok
Re: Usa Visit Visa by katolistic(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2012
Compliment House, got my US visit visa interview this week? , any advice in answering interview questions. first timer to d embassy, my IP na virgin, and I'm a graduate waiting for Service in March 2013.

God bless you as you advice.

Happy New to All smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
katolistic: Compliment House, got my US visit visa interview this week? , any advice in answering interview questions. first timer to d embassy, my IP na virgin, and I'm a graduate waiting for Service in March 2013.

Happy New to All smiley

You have to be a good liar. because u hav to convience dem you hav a job or somfin. Cos I bet u jst sittin @home now.I was doin nysc wen I applied nd got denied

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 12:41am On Jan 01, 2013
katolistic: Compliment House, got my US visit visa interview this week? , any advice in answering interview questions. first timer to d embassy, my IP na virgin, and I'm a graduate waiting for Service in March 2013.

Happy New to All smiley
Your chances are rather slim,to say the least.Because you are single and unemployed,you are not able to prove your non immigrant intentions according to section 216B.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
Please who knows or has had experience how long it takes to get an intreview for an immigrant visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2013
Please who knows or has had an experience of how long it takes to get an intreview for an immigrant visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by aniffy4eva(m): 1:44am On Jan 02, 2013
Hi Guys
Sorry i have some other questions..

What's limit to the number of times you can reschedule an interview? Though it says there are restrictions on the website (ie ustraveldocs), it doesn't state how many.
Secondly, how far away into the future are interview slots made available on the calendar? I checked and saw some slots in February, but march, April etc were all "greyed out". Is there like a "XY-week" availability from today's date?

Thanks in anticipation. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 1:56am On Jan 02, 2013
Goodday NL.I have been following for a while now I need advice from fast-link or any other.I applied with my wife and kid and got a 2yrs B2 multiple entry for all 3 of us in 2010.Shortly after, something very terrible happened i lost my wife and together with d accident we lost the passports.we cln't make d trip cos I actually had to deal wit d death of my wife and d shock.Now, I have scanned copies of d passports and visas even though we did not make d trip in dat 2yrs.My question is how do I go about renewing my visa and my sons,wat are my chances with my son or do I try and renew alone?. I neeed suggestions please.I must add dat our lost passports had other visas on it too.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 2:33am On Jan 02, 2013
Goodday NL.I have been following for a while now I need advice from fast-link or any other.I applied with my wife and kid and got a 2yrs B2 multiple entry for all 3 of us in 2010.Shortly after, something very terrible happened i lost my wife and together with d accident we lost the passports.we cln't make d trip cos I actually had to deal wit d death of my wife and d shock.Now, I have scanned copies of d passports and visas even though we did not make d trip in dat 2yrs.My question is how do I go about renewing my visa and my sons,wat are my chances with my son or do I try and renew alone?. I neeed suggestions please.I must add dat our lost passports had other visas on it too.
edun.o:

You have to be a good liar. because u hav to convience dem you hav a job or somfin. Cos I bet u jst sittin @home now.I was doin nysc wen I applied nd got denied

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Goshen360(m): 5:29am On Jan 02, 2013
edun.o:
Please who knows or has had an experience of how long it takes to get an intreview for an immigrant visa?

Immigrant visas take same 2 business days to process. The time for interview are not usually long time since it is already approved from the States by the immigration. Denial cases are very rare expect someone says something too different from what is entailed in the application form. Usually, questions are drawn from the application form(s).

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 6:20am On Jan 02, 2013
[quote author=vickero]Goodday NL.I have been following for a while now I need advice from fast-link or any other.I applied with my wife and kid and got a 2yrs B2 multiple entry for all 3 of us in 2010.Shortly after, something very terrible happened i lost my wife and together with d accident we lost the passports.we cln't make d trip cos I actually had to deal wit d death of my wife and d shock.Now, I have scanned copies of d passports and visas even though we did not make d trip in dat 2yrs.My question is how do I go about renewing my visa and my sons,wat are my chances with my son or do I try and renew alone?. I neeed suggestions please.I must add dat our lost passports had other visas on it too.Please NL's I need somebody with any idea abt my case to pls advice me on how to proceed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:20am On Jan 02, 2013
whymyheart: i need help i work with cylinder manufacturing company in Ibadan i had took permission from my company to go for 5 days short training in USA and i had paid for the training i need advice what type of visa category i will fall when am paying for my visa fees at GTB bank and i will like to know likely questions the consular may ask from me during my interview and i will like to know if i need to pay for SEVI CHARGES
Sorry for not seeing this on time, it falls under B1(i.e Business/conference and training, better-still, go for B1B2.

Lest I forget

Happy New Year People.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2013
vanagon: hi N!L,season greetings,been a follower of d travel section for a while.pls can d Guru's in d hse,help me out,was refuse a us visa last april for conference,VO in abuja say's nt convinced,shld try oder time,i left it @ dat. nw want to go on vacation stil wt d same details bt nw @ d lagos consulate already got a date for jan 2013.lukin to visit NYC.being a 2nd time applicant,wat kind of question shld i xpect,av been to d uk b/4 on visit.married wt kid.wat chance do i av.tanx
Similar question to that in Abuja, and it also depends largely on what the conference is all about. Hope it has something to do with your field of practice?
Your position in your company also matters alot.

cool_breeze: Hi all.. Please I intend on applying for a visitor's visa to the us soon and I have a few questions.. I'm 22 and I'm single.. I started work with a private construction company a few months ago.. I work as the personal assistant to the MD.. I earn roughly 150k per month.. I have over 1m in my acct.. I have an uncle in texas who's a citizen.. I intend to visit him too.. My leave starts in the middle of march.. I will be off work for 30 days.. Please what are my chances? + I don't have any landed property here in Nigeria so what can I use to prove my ties.. Pls get bak to me asap.. Its urgent.. Thanks

Let your company be the one to send you on a vacation, training or something.

To be honest with you, it won't be easy atall
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2013
vickero: Goodday NL.I have been following for a while now I need advice from fast-link or any other.I applied with my wife and kid and got a 2yrs B2 multiple entry for all 3 of us in 2010.Shortly after, something very terrible happened i lost my wife and together with d accident we lost the passports.we cln't make d trip cos I actually had to deal wit d death of my wife and d shock.Now, I have scanned copies of d passports and visas even though we did not make d trip in dat 2yrs.My question is how do I go about renewing my visa and my sons,wat are my chances with my son or do I try and renew alone?. I neeed suggestions please.I must add dat our lost passports had other visas on it too.Please NL's I need somebody with any idea abt my case to pls advice me on how to proceed.
Sorry about your loss, The lord will be your strength.
No problem, once the expiration is not over a year, it doesn't matter, go for renewal but if the Passport/VISA is not available, go for fresh appointment/regular, actually, the success of your visa application does not depend on the visa priority but on the information in your form which has the details and explanation for the missing passport and your previous visas.

maybe, my post is not clear to you. All I'm saying is; if you still have the passport with the old visa then go for renewal but if the passport(s) is(are) no more then go for fresh and enter the right detail(s) in the appropriate block while filling the form.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank u. Fast-link.I don't have d passports/visas anymore but I still have photocopies of our passports data page and visas.My other heahache is what are d supporting documents dat I might need,wat are d Likely questions dat I might b asked and finally wat are d chances dat new visas will b issued for me and my son.Thank for ur time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vickero: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank u. Fast-link.I don't have d passports/visas anymore but I still have photocopies of our passports data page and the visas.My other heahache is what are d supporting documents dat I might need,wat are d Likely questions dat I might b asked and finally wat are d chances dat new visas will b issued for me and my son?.Thank u for ur time.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2013
Happy New Year Y'all.

I pray dis year brings us good tidings.

I'll post some findings in next few days about usa visit visa.

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by coolbreeze2: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2013
Let your company be the one to send you on a vacation, training or something.

To be honest with you, it won't be easy atall

[/quote]

My company is providing me with the necessary letters I need.. Won't that be enough? Someone told me to take along the receipts of my house rent which is roughly 350k per year wich I just paid for in dec with me.. Do u think that will show strong ties too
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
cool_breeze:

My company is providing me with the necessary letters I need.. Won't that be enough? Someone told me to take along the receipts of my house rent which is roughly 350k per year wich I just paid for in dec with me.. Do u think that will show strong ties too
Lol @350K house rent.House rent cheap for Lagos die grin

Well, when I said your company, I mean they should be the one to sponsor you for the trip and find a way to relate it to work or kinda appreciation for your hardwork even when you are the one sponsoring yourself with that they'd see your importance in your company since that is the only tie you've got around.

Forget about your 350k rent, that is transferable and does not guarranty anything.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fummiee(f): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
Fummiee: Hi all, my family and I were at the us embaassy 2day but the VO handed a note to us and said they need 2do some administrative processing annd they'll get back 2 us. But really I don't knw what this mmeans cuz he didn't even check any of our documents. Pls can anyone enlighten me pls.

Finally, my husband was called yesterday to come with our passports and the letter that was given to us by 12pm today. When he got there he was just told to pick up on monday.
Thanks for all the encouragement peeps. Highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheyai: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hi all, I asked the house advice on my intention abt birthing in the uSa and wat to say during the interview but no one advised. Anyways I and my wife had our interview today and it went thus:
VO:Hello y r u travelling to the US
Me:we want to have our baby there
VO: (shocked)wow!! I'm impressed most pple would never say that. Where do you work?asks my wife same?
Me:we responded
VO:pls pick up your visas next week and ensure your wife travels early enuf b4 she is due.
And that was the end of our interview no single document was checked...

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 12:02am On Jan 04, 2013
shortest interview. happy 4 u ...

sheyai: Hi all, I asked the house advice on my intention abt birthing in the uSa and wat to say during the interview but no one advised. Anyways I and my wife had our interview today and it went thus:
VO:Hello y r u travelling to the US
Me:we want to have our baby there
VO: (shocked)wow!! I'm impressed most pple would never say that. Where do you work?asks my wife same?
Me:we responded
VO:pls pick up your visas next week and ensure your wife travels early enuf b4 she is due.
And that was the end of our interview no single document was checked...

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.