Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059499 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello great people on earth. This forum is fantastic
I have a few clarification please
I and my husband have a running USA visa since last year, and we both visited the US just one time each,spent just 7 days on our visit which was last year May, but we have little kids who don't have visas yet. The kids are minors, ages 5 and 7
We all wish to visit the US in december for few days together with our kids who don't have the visas yet
Since they are considered minors, please what procedure will they use to get the visas
Secondly, do they stand the chance of geting the visas, since myself and my husband used them ( our kids ) as ties when we both applied for our visas.
I am a Structural engineer and my husband is a banker.
NB: we don't have any history of family trip abroad before, except local travellings within nigeria
Thanks and God bless u all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by anfanio: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
belloluddy:
Hello great people on earth. This forum is fantastic
I have a few clarification please
I and my husband have a running USA visa since last year, and we both visited the US just one time each,spent just 7 days on our visit which was last year May, but we have little kids who don't have visas yet. The kids are minors, ages 5 and 7
We all wish to visit the US in december for few days together with our kids who don't have the visas yet
Since they are considered minors, please what procedure will they use to get the visas
Secondly, do they stand the chance of geting the visas, since myself and my husband used them ( our kids ) as ties when we both applied for our visas.
I am a Structural engineer and my husband is a banker.
NB: we don't have any history of family trip abroad before, except local travellings within nigeria
Thanks and God bless u all

The chances are good. Your kids WILL NOT be interviewed, if needed you (either parent) will be interviewed but I believe you will be using the dropbox. Follow the process just like you did for yourselves and book appointment asap- only a few days left on the Nov. calendar. Did you and your husband book your appointment as a couple? If yes use the same account to book the appointment for your kids. Do not change anything on your page just ADD your kids to the list. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 10:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
anfanio:

The chances are good. Your kids WILL NOT be interviewed, if needed you (either parent) will be interviewed but I believe you will be using the dropbox. Follow the process just like you did for yourselves and book appointment asap- only a few days left on the Nov. calendar. Did you and your husband book your appointment as a couple? If yes use the same account to book the appointment for your kids. Do not change anything on your page just ADD your kids to the list. Good luck
Thank u sir. Me and my husband booked our interviews differently, on different days and we got our visas on different days as well. We travelled differently, like 5 months apart. I spent 7 days on my trip while my husband spent 9 days on his trip. However, we paid our kids visa fee differently, booked their appointment together, and I will follow them for the interview which is next week Wednesday. I just wonder what I will be asked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
anfanio:

Belloluddy, you can't use Dropbox for your kids. Dropbox is for people renewing visas of the same category. You will need to schedule an appointment for your kids. You will obviously go in with them if they are underaged.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by anfanio: 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
belloluddy:

Thank u sir. Me and my husband booked our interviews differently, on different days and we got our visas on different days as well. We travelled differently, like 5 months apart. I spent 7 days on my trip while my husband spent 9 days on his trip. However, we paid our kids visa fee differently, booked their appointment together, and I will follow them for the interview which is next week Wednesday. I just wonder what I will be asked.

Maybe the VO would be interested in who accompanies them, funding? not a problem I can tell from here. I don't know any question about your kids that anybody would ask you can not address. I'll be waiting for the good news on wednesday the 2nd.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by veleta: 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pls house I need clarification on some issues. I have a cousin in USA we intend to stay with for vacation.in the column for address and phone no, should both of us fill that same address and phone no or should only my spouse fill it as the person is her cousin not mine.
Thanks
Lady Guinivere you are doing a nice job.sorry if I misspelt ur name
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:04am On Aug 29, 2015
veleta:
Pls house I need clarification on some issues. I have a cousin in USA we intend to stay with for vacation.in the column for address and phone no, should both of us fill that same address and phone no or should only my spouse fill it as the person is her cousin not mine.
Thanks
Lady Guinivere you are doing a nice job.sorry if I misspelt ur name
U gettam! Though u can just call me 5 star or Lady G. Lol
Come I go beat u o! No be una two de travel?no be different ds 160 una de fill? No be una two go de d house? K if u don't fill the cousin's. Details where will u fill?
Short answer yes u will fill in your host's details
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 29, 2015
anfanio:

This is incorrect. Anyone who has never held a visa in the past is required to come in for an interview.
The child will have to come in with a legal guardian.

The only exception to this is individuals over 79 years old.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
LagosNIV:

This is incorrect. Anyone who has never held a visa in the past is required to come in for an interview.
The child will have to come in with a legal guardian.

The only exception to this is individuals over 79 years old.
his kids are below 14. I read somewhere that children below the age of 14 need not be interviewed?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by veleta: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Thanks lady G, I really appreciate
LadyGuinivere:

U gettam! Though u can just call me 5 star or Lady G. Lol
Come I go beat u o! No be una two de travel?no be different ds 160 una de fill? No be una two go de d house? K if u don't fill the cousin's. Details where will u fill?
Short answer yes u will fill in your host's details
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
I think I need to share this. If u did a joint application wt any / all members of ur family n all visas granted pls travel wt them at least the first time..i think it is seen as a kind of " group application ".My brother applied wt his wife, got the visas n traveled alone to new York. It was a drilling session for him at poe.he had to say she is pregnant.part 2 of the drama was his hotel reservation. He said he was going to stay for 2 weeks but his reservation was for 5 days. It was the 5 days they stamped for him o. He is bk to Nigeria after just 5 days..bought ticket for 320 k, paid for hotel etc for 5 days. By the way it was a b1/ b2 visa..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
At what point do I pay for my hotel reservation?.I already ve my visa..before I depart Nigeria or when I get to the hotel in America? If from here, do I pay for the entire duration of my stay? Thank u my gurus
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
lovettett:
I think I need to share this. If u did a joint application wt any / all members of ur family n all visas granted pls travel wt them at least the first time..i think it is seen as a kind of " group application ".My brother applied wt his wife, got the visas n traveled alone to new York. It was a drilling session for him at poe.he had to say she is pregnant.part 2 of the drama was his hotel reservation. He said he was going to stay for 2 weeks but his reservation was for 5 days. It was the 5 days they stamped for him o. He is bk to Nigeria after just 5 days..bought ticket for 320 k, paid for hotel etc for 5 days. By the way it was a b1/ b2 visa..

For the first part, I don't think its a hard and fast rule. I did an application with my mum and only her travelled and came back after 2 weeks with no questions at p.o.e.

He should have had the reservation for the 2weeks he intended, not 5days.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
gannycute:
morning sir. Please reply my pm. I want to ask you a personal question concerning usa visa application. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1055414/where-suxes2005.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AmyGod: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2015
Hi guys!
Please I want to make flight bookings for 2 adults, travelling on the 2nd week of December to return on the fourth week from Lagos to Seattle and back to Lagos.
The cheapest flights so far are, Air France about 624,000 while emirates is about 660,000.
I want to know if should go ahead and book or wait till September, if the prices would go downwards.
Please dearies kindly advise me. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2015
iRyan:
his kids are below 14. I read somewhere that children below the age of 14 need not be interviewed?

Children under the age of 14 are not required to provide their fingerprints, but they will have to be present with a guardian at an interview. The dropbox program is for renewals.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by emma1996: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2015
I was denied a us visa and wants to reapply and came across a question saying explain why..... am I just to write what section I was denied?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by femidhansboy: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ve bn fllg ds thread since 'Only God knows'.I am a Doctor doing my internship,earn close to 200k per month,single,no travel history except Ghana,going to see my uncle who is a nurse in the US for a week?He's sponsoring the whole trip and accomodation what are my chances?and I hope their 'ties' wahala won't nab me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mscindee: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2015
Hello house, I just found out I was supposed to have answered yes to the question about if anyone has filed a migration petition on my behalf since my parents applied for the visa lottery. The problem is I have already signed out and confirmed the application. Please how do I go about correcting it as I do not want to appear dishonest
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2015
mscindee:
Hello house, I just found out I was supposed to have answered yes to the question about if anyone has filed a migration petition on my behalf since my parents applied for the visa lottery. The problem is I have already signed out and confirmed the application. Please how do I go about correcting it as I do not want to appear dishonest

Did you win the lottery?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:03am On Aug 31, 2015
mscindee:
U found out from whom? Why don't u email the embassy your question? A visa lottery application simplicita is NOT a petition unless u filed something else. To avoiup and down u are doing.
As to how to edit a ds 160 plz read the thread. It will help u answer even the question u asked
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AmyGod: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2015
AmyGod:
Hi guys!
Please I want to make flight bookings for 2 adults, travelling on the 2nd week of December to return on the fourth week from Lagos to Seattle and back to Lagos.
The cheapest flights so far are, Air France about 624,000 while emirates is about 660,000.
I want to know if should go ahead and book or wait till September, if the prices would go downwards.
Please dearies kindly advise me. smiley smiley smiley
Lady Guinivere, please can you help out?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mscindee: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2015
NanaF:

Did you win the lottery?

No I did not win the lottery
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mscindee: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

U found out from whom? Why don't u email the embassy your question? A visa lottery application simplicita is NOT a petition unless u filed something else. To avoiup and down u are doing.
As to how to edit a ds 160 plz read the thread. It will help u answer even the question u asked

Alright Ma.. thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 11:18am On Aug 31, 2015
mscindee:

No I did not win the lottery

It's not a petition. i don't think there's a need to edit your ds160 for this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ElijahFobs: 11:23am On Aug 31, 2015
I was diagnosed of congestive heart failure 2 years ago and have been on medication ever since then...But 3 weeks ago I suffered heart attack that almost claimed my life but thank God am still alive.
My issue now is that I want to apply for medical treatment visa which is under B1/B2 visa category... Pls what are my chances of getting the visa and what documents can I or sud I gather together so as to get the visa .
Pls advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
ElijahFobs:
I was diagnosed of congestive heart failure 2 years ago and have been on medication ever since then...But 3 weeks ago I suffered heart attack that almost claimed my life but thank God am still alive.
My issue now is that I want to apply for medical treatment visa which is under B1/B2 visa category... Pls what are my chances of getting the visa and what documents can I or sud I gather together so as to get the visa .
Pls advice
Chances? No idea
Documents? Everything that proves what u just said (doctor's reports and why u can't be treated in naija/ recommendation to be treated in the US), proof of finances to cover everything from treatment to feeding to tp and all the gbo gbo e plus proof of doctor / hopsital accepting u in the US with how u communicated with them and their reply to the dr's reports.

@amy I do not know about flights. I am also looking for a cheap flight masef
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
My 2 kids were granted visas just now in Lagos. Thanks everyone. Interview less than 2 min, families with kids were having visas approved in Lagos today. Details later pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Teeboy22(m): 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
belloluddy:
My 2 kids were granted visas just now in Lagos. Thanks everyone. Interview less than 2 min, families with kids were having visas approved in Lagos today. Details later pls

woaw....congrats ooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NeedMobile: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
@ Great people here....the Only date available from now till december is 23rd and 24th of November.

Please how can i get a close date for Tourist Visa.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Just arrived home. Myself and my 2 kids arrived the embassy in laghos around 9am, interview was for 11am but I just went inside straight with my kids. All security checks done. Remember I said I and my husband already have valid visit visa but my 2 kids are the ones applying
On entering,
Consular: good morning, are these your kids
Me: yes they are, good morning
Consular; I guess u are going on vacation to the US ?
Me: yes
Consular: are u going as a family ?
Me: yes
Consular: :I see u have been to the US recently, can I see your passport?
Me: I gave her my passport, she was busy typing on her computer

Consular: where is your husband?
Me: here in Nigeria

Consular: OK, I will approve your kids visa. Gave me the white paper
No single documents asked for
Thanks to u all
Several people got visas in Lagos today, especially families

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by mscindee: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
Guys please what is the receipt number? Is it the transaction reference number or the deposit slip number...

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.