Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1058959 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
sugar2ice:
Any ways ! We ll give it a try! And see how it goes !!

Lady G tnks+bless!
Good luck. We full ground to answer questions if u need clarification for anything sha!
But pls no ask the 'which docx do I carry ' oo! cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by agarawu23(m): 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I no knowww! I wanna travel nov-dec. I'm waiting mbok.
But u gotta keep your ear to the ground and eye on the net cos they can do a one day flash sales. That's what I'm waiting for. The socalled promo virgin and air france de do , I no unstand!
I hear say na dey issue US visa here, should I submit my passport ? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by filcast(m): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
How does an applicant know if he has been banned or blacklisted? What are the remedies?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:29am On Oct 05, 2015
filcast:
How does an applicant know if he has been banned or blacklisted? What are the remedies?

What was the circumstance oof the suspected ban? What happened exactly? Usually you are told Upfront If u were banned.
You could try calling or emailing the embassy to ask. I guess u would need to verify your I'd ist before they tell u.
If one has been banned, the remedy is to wait out the ban and reapply After . An appeal or getting a lawyer if there was misrepresentation wouldnt work. The chance of the ban being lifted is zero to none.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2015
filcast:

You are informed that you are ineligible under some section of the law at the time of your interview.

There are three year bans, five year bans, lifetime bans.... It all depends on the nature of the offense.

If you are just ineligible under 214(b) that is not a ban.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:38am On Oct 05, 2015
LagosNIV:

You are informed that you are ineligible under some section of the law at the time of your interview.

There are three year bans, five year bans, lifetime bans.... It all depends on the nature of the offense.

Can u kindly share. What kind of offences would lead to a lifetime ban? Or a 5 year ban?
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by lovettett(f): 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lady G, thank u for ur response..i got etihad for first week of December to go n last week of December to return for 207,700... I ve used etihad before..i refer to them as " younger brother to emirates ".. dey are ok.i don't see fares dropping significantly below this rate.. make I pay jare..i don tire for the matter.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Can u kindly share. What kind of offences would lead to a lifetime ban? Or a 5 year ban?
Thanks

You can find the whole text for US immigration law here: http://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigration-and-nationality-act

Lying on an application to conceal ineligibilities, committing felony crimes in the US, lying during the interview, etc.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by seyewest(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hello Beautiful people of NL.. I'll like to share my interview story with you all I should have done this long time ago but I've been busy.

Day: August 26 2015
Time:10am

Me: Goodmorning
VO: Goodmorning can I have your passport
Me: gave her my passport and wanted to give her my previous passport
VO: she immediately asked me where I've been to.
Me: I told her South Africa and Ghana
VO: Okay
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I told her I'm HRM of xxxxxxxxx Chartered accountant firm in Abuja
VO: Typed for a while
VO: Why do you want to go to the U.S?
Me: To attend Climate xxxxxxxxx conference
VO: Who is paying for your trip
Me: My work place
VO: Why will your office pay for a personal trip?
Me: Because I'm traveling with the CEO for the trip he's a member of the climate association.
VO: Typed for a while and asked me if I'm married
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have kids?
Me: Yes 2 kids
VO: Waited a bit, while looking at the screen and her hand was hovering between white and green paper
Me: looking lost while it dawn on me that it was the computer that was deciding my application
VO: I'm sorry at this time that you're ineligible for a U.S visa.. You can re-appply again.
Me: Okay

Guys I knew why I was refused and I think if your intentions are right and real you can still be refused.. for more than 2 weeks before my interview I've been going through this forum and I've learned so much from it but a little and silly mistake can make them refuse you which in my own case was traveling for a personal conference with the firm funding the trip including accommodation etc.
I will reapply soon with the right conference in which it will improve my CV and also help me with my profession as well.
I think the lady who denied my visa is a good and patient woman.. I don't mind her interviewing me again.

N.B sorry for the typo/mistakes we are one grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool wink wink wink wink wink

8 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
Okay this is to get experiences from dropbox applicants.

What does it mean when tracking your passport and it says ' no update for this passport number' . Prior to that the message was Delivered to post'

Unfortunately the DHL service does not have a contact number to call it do I have to drive there to check what's up?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
salsera:
Okay this is to get experiences from dropbox applicants.

What does it mean when tracking your passport and it says ' no update for this passport number' . Prior to that the message was Delivered to post'

Unfortunately the DHL service does not have a contact number to call it do I have to drive there to check what's up?
Means your visa never ready or person never just get time to update your status.
How long ago did u drop it? If its more than 2 work weeks waka pass enter there check
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hoomogh(m): 8:15am On Oct 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I no knowww! I wanna travel nov-dec. I'm waiting mbok.
But u gotta keep your ear to the ground and eye on the net cos they can do a one day flash sales. That's what I'm waiting for. The socalled promo virgin and air france de do , I no unstand!
pls hint me if ders an affordable ticket for Nov/Dec. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:14am On Oct 06, 2015
hoomogh:
pls hint me if ders an affordable ticket for Nov/Dec. Thanks
Kk
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2015
hello everyone please I need help on this, my mom fiance is American and they want to get married in the U.S , tho my mom got valid USA visa but it's a tourist visa . now if they wanna get married in the states how do they go about it please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
phatrat:
hello everyone please I need help on this, my mom fiance is American and they want to get married in the U.S , tho my mom got valid USA visa but it's a tourist visa . now if they wanna get married in the states how do they go about it please.
Erm! This question get as e be. Sister/ brother abegi this thread is for how to acquire a visit visa without more
Congrats on your mom's upcoming nupitals
Re: Usa Visit Visa by seyewest(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=38721786]
@LadyGuinivere what do you think about my post/interview?

Hello Beautiful people of NL.. I'll like to share my interview story with you all I should have done this long time ago but I've been busy.

Day: August 26 2015
Time:10am

Me: Goodmorning
VO: Goodmorning can I have your passport
Me: gave her my passport and wanted to give her my previous passport
VO: she immediately asked me where I've been to.
Me: I told her South Africa and Ghana
VO: Okay
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I told her I'm HRM of xxxxxxxxx Chartered accountant firm in Abuja
VO: Typed for a while
VO: Why do you want to go to the U.S?
Me: To attend Climate xxxxxxxxx conference
VO: Who is paying for your trip
Me: My work place
VO: Why will your office pay for a personal trip?
Me: Because I'm traveling with the CEO for the trip he's a member of the climate association.
VO: Typed for a while and asked me if I'm married
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have kids?
Me: Yes 2 kids
VO: Waited a bit, while looking at the screen and her hand was hovering between white and green paper
Me: looking lost while it dawn on me that it was the computer that was deciding my application
VO: I'm sorry at this time that you're ineligible for a U.S visa.. You can re-appply again.
Me: Okay

Guys I knew why I was refused and I think if your intentions are right and real you can still be refused.. for more than 2 weeks before my interview I've been going through this forum and I've learned so much from it but a little and silly mistake can make them refuse you which in my own case was traveling for a personal conference with the firm funding the trip including accommodation etc.
I will reapply soon with the right conference in which it will improve my CV and also help me with my profession as well.
I think the lady who denied my visa is a good and patient woman.. I don't mind her interviewing me again.

N.B sorry for the typo/mistakes we are one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by filcast(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

this happened over ten years ago. No such information was passed. There is a letter 'B' written over the stamp inscribed in the passport by the embssy.Does that signify ban?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by filcast(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

What was the circumstance oof the suspected ban? What happened exactly? Usually you are told Upfront If u were banned.
You could try calling or emailing the embassy to ask. I guess u would need to verify your I'd ist before they tell u.
If one has been banned, the remedy is to wait out the ban and reapply After . An appeal or getting a lawyer if there was misrepresentation wouldnt work. The chance of the ban being lifted is zero to none.
this happened over ten years ago. No such information was passed. There is a letter 'B' written over the stamp inscribed in the passport by the embssy.Does that signify ban?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2015
filcast:
Truly I can't claim to know about visa proceduures 10 years ago but if ur interview was regularand u didn't misrepresent, I doubt you were banned. And like I said earlier, if u are banned,you are informed right there. Also if you were banned 10 years ago, I must have served your sentence.
But because nobody can tell u precisely about your case,I suggest u call in and ask so u don't fill in the wrong details.
Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hello Seye.
Sorry about the refusal. From what me I dey see
Chartered accountant firm: climate control conference : company sponsored.
If na me I go ask werrin 'consign' chatered accountant office. And climate control conference. That the office is sponsoring you? Just because your boss belongs to the association (mind u in his personal capacity and not on behalf of the coy)
The equation just dosent add up and I guess that's why the vo was thinking.
Office sponsorship makes sense when the trip adds value to the company. Shogbo?
Next time, you sponsor your Personal
Trip or the coy sponsors u for HRM or chatered accountant or a related training.
Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Benjamite01: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
Goodmrning NairaLanders, I will Need your Advise, A friend of ours in USA invited me and my Friend for a Visit. and i had my Interview Last Month and i was Denied a visa,But my Friend got his visa yesterday. I was Denied on the 22nd of September. Please when is the Best time i can login another Application. Because i believe all the document sent to me from my USA friend are still intact,Her Account Statemete, Social Security Card, Passport Data Page. and her Utility Bill.I have been to south africa before for a Week. While my Friend which got his visa has Travel to France 3times and still have a Year Valid visa on his Passport. HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ON THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE. THANKS FOR REPLY IN ANTICIPATION.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LME2614: 12:33am On Oct 07, 2015
Hello Nl, please this is quite urgent as I need insight on what to do. I was at the Lagos USA embassy with my 1 year old son for our interview and was told that my son cannot be interviewed because the barcode does not match that of the confirmation letter so I should re scheduled another date for him. I was also denied visa so I decided that I will reapply and also rescheduled for my son with the correct barcode.
I tried rescheduling for my son with the same payment receipt but the page wouldn't accept the receipt number (I keep getting the attached message) please what do I do, I made a new payment for myself, but my son's receipt no wouldn't go through, please what do I do?

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:40am On Oct 07, 2015
LME2614:
Hello Nl, please this is quite urgent as I need insight on what to do. I was at the Lagos USA embassy with my 1 year old son for our interview and was told that my son cannot be interviewed because the barcode does not match that of the confirmation letter so I should re scheduled another date for him. I was also denied visa so I decided that I will reapply and also rescheduled for my son with the correct barcode.
I tried rescheduling for my son with the same payment receipt but the page wouldn't accept the receipt number (I keep getting the attached message) please what do I do, I made a new payment for myself, but my son's receipt no wouldn't go through, please what do I do?
Have u tried calling the embassy to complain?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 1:47am On Oct 07, 2015
Benjamite01:
Goodmrning NairaLanders, I will Need your Advise, A friend of ours in USA invited me and my Friend for a Visit. and i had my Interview Last Month and i was Denied a visa,But my Friend got his visa yesterday. I was Denied on the 22nd of September. Please when is the Best time i can login another Application. Because i believe all the document sent to me from my USA friend are still intact,Her Account Statemete, Social Security Card, Passport Data Page. and her Utility Bill.I have been to south africa before for a Week. While my Friend which got his visa has Travel to France 3times and still have a Year Valid visa on his Passport. HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ON THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE. THANKS FOR REPLY IN ANTICIPATION.
U reapply as soon as Your circumstance changes materially. Meaning if the reason the vo denied u is still operative, you will still get The same result. For egs your travel history and your friend's own is not at par.
Maybe u should share your transcript
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2015
LME2614:

This has happened to me before. I called the us embassy severally and gt bank. I was told my receipt had been used by someone else. They kept tossing me up and down, until I gave up. You can call them both, I pray your case is resolved cos it is so painful.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by seyewest(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Hello Seye.
Sorry about the refusal. From what me I dey see
Chartered accountant firm: climate control conference : company sponsored.
If na me I go ask werrin 'consign' chatered accountant office. And climate control conference. That the office is sponsoring you? Just because your boss belongs to the association (mind u in his personal capacity and not on behalf of the coy)
The equation just dosent add up and I guess that's why the vo was thinking.
Office sponsorship makes sense when the trip adds value to the company. Shogbo?
Next time, you sponsor your Personal
Trip or the coy sponsors u for HRM or chatered accountant or a related training.
Cheers

LadyGuinivere I swear I thought traveling with my boss with the company fund will make sense since the boss is traveling as well..
Thanks for the insight.
God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hanbie: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2015
Good day nairalanders. I am applying for a us visit visa to see my brother. I intended to apply with my dad but found out he qualifies for the drop box. So even though we are traveling together I have to apply independently because I am 27. I have been denied a USA visa once. I am single, a medical doctor, working in a private hospital part time cos I am doing a research during the day so I only work at night so the pay is not above 100k. My account balance isn't fantastic cos I bought a property, so I am financially down. I was in Europe for a month this year for a medical program. I was in South Africa in 2011. So what are my chances?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LME2614: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Have u tried calling the embassy to complain?

Thanks LadyG. I haven't, I don't have their numbe
Please you can help with the number if you have it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2015
LME2614:

Thanks LadyG. I haven't, I don't have their numbe
Please you can help with the number if you have it
Consularabuja@state.gov
LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LME2614: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2015

This has happened to me before. I called the us embassy severally and gt bank. I was told my receipt had been used by someone else. They kept tossing me up and down, until I gave up. You can call them both, I pray your case is resolved cos it is so painful.

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LME2614: 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Consularabuja@state.gov
LagosNIV@state.gov

Thanks Mama
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Ess: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
lovettett:
Can tickets to new York ever drop to 180 k??.. I want to travel in December. I had the mind that ticket fares would ve crashed significantly then but m still getting 250 ish. Or should I go ahead n pay or hold on a bit?.. Pls advice my good people. Happy Sunday

Unless you are not looking the Arik air way.

Saw N175k sef for end of this month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.