Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059564 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
BnBarbie: Hello all,
Please I need your advice on behalf of a friend. Her question goes thus;

I got my visa last month to give birth in the US and will be travelling by Gods grace this month. My husband intends 2go 4his interview later dis mnth or in december. Pls what is best 4him 2say he's going 4? Vacation or 2witness the birth of his baby? Any oda tips 4him dat mait help?

Did you get the visa for the sole reason of giving birth, or you got a visa for some other reason and you feel you can use same for medical reason?

The husband can apply for his visa, but he must not travel for any other purpose other than stating he wants to be with his wife during her medical process.

Else the VO will find it difficult issuing him a visa for pleasure at a time he should be spending encouraging time with his wife who will be in the States on medical reasons.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BnBarbie(f): 7:37am On Nov 06, 2013
tzetzefly:

Did you get the visa for the sole reason of giving birth, or you got a visa for some other reason and you feel you can use same for medical reason?

The husband can apply for his visa, but he must not travel for any other purpose other than stating he wants to be with his wife during her medical process.

Else the VO will find it difficult issuing him a visa for pleasure at a time he should be spending encouraging time with his wife who will be in the States on medical reasons.

Thanks for ur response. Yes she applied 4 d sole purpose of giving birth in d US. So it won't count against him dat they dint apply 2geda as at when his wife applied? Isn't it possible dat part of y she was given a visa was cos her husband was her social tie 2 nigeria?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2013
BnBarbie:

Thanks for ur response. Yes she applied 4 d sole purpose of giving birth in d US. So it won't count against him dat they dint apply 2geda as at when his wife applied? Isn't it possible dat part of y she was given a visa was cos her husband was her social tie 2 nigeria?

At the time she was interviewed, if she is still employed and was able to prove this among other ties, it is a good start.

And Hope she didnt indicate that she has a relative or friend in the States?

Meanwhile, the husband will only need to convince the VO on the reason why he didnt apply with her in the first instance.

This visa issuance to the husband, will only be a tall task if the wife already indicated in her DS-160 that she has people in the U.S. In which case, the CO is at a discretion to either issue or not to. Since the wife can as well fall back on her people in the States to stay around her through the medical process.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BnBarbie(f): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2013
tzetzefly:

At the time she was interviewed, if she is still employed and was able to prove this among other ties, it is a good start.

And Hope she didnt indicate that she has a relative or friend in the States?

Meanwhile, the husband will only need to convince the VO on the reason why he didnt apply with her in the first instance.

This visa issuance to the husband, will only be a tall task if the wife already indicated in her DS-160 that she has people in the U.S. In which case, the CO is at a discretion to either issue or not to. Since the wife can as well fall back on her people in the States to stay around her through the medical process.

She has family there and she indicated that she'd b staying with her aunt both in her DS-160 and during her interview. So nw dat dis is a minus, any advice pls?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
BnBarbie:

She has family there and she indicated that she'd b staying with her aunt both in her DS-160 and during her interview. So nw dat dis is a minus, any advice pls?

Really to be frank with you, it is a 50-50 situation for him.

Meaning : For now no family tie back home, relatives mostly in the States (the CO will want to view his/her assessment from this angle), it now boils down to the prospect and long term job security of the wife and that of her husband back home in Nigeria.

The husband must find a very convincing story to tell regarding his absence during the wife's visa interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
so i have my visa....i applied to go for a conference but couldnt go...can i use it to travel for vacation since i was i issued b1b2
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
dream23: so i have my visa....i applied to go for a conference but couldnt go...can i use it to travel for vacation since i was i issued b1b2

You can use it for pleasure. Only be ready to tell the CBP officer a convincing reason for visiting the U.S. with itinerary to make your point.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ikemeze: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
@tzetzefly hope you are fine.I greet you.I want to apply for my master degree with my wife applying too in same university. we are both working and i have two children.Please I want to know if I can go with my family or I apply first after my family will join me later?I have been denied visa before with my wife
.thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
ikemeze: @tzetzefly hope you are fine.I greet you.I want to apply for my master degree with my wife applying too in same university. we are both working and i have two children.Please I want to know if I can go with my family or I apply first after my family will join me later?I have been denied visa before with my wife
.thanks

What were you denied for and what was your reason for wanting to travel to the U.S. ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 12:03am On Nov 07, 2013
@tzetzefly and well meaning NL's pls help I've submitted my DS 160 yday and schedule for intvw nxt week. Going thru my old docs I now found out that I was refused visa 1st to the US in April but I mistakenly filled february in d DS 160 new form. Pls guys does it matter? Could this error affect my visa decision? Thanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ikemeze: 5:34am On Nov 07, 2013
@tzetzefly we were denied because we don't have insufficient fund and we applied to go for tourist(honeymoon)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BnBarbie(f): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2013
tzetzefly:

Really to be frank with you, it is a 50-50 situation for him.

Meaning : For now no family tie back home, relatives mostly in the States (the CO will want to view his/her assessment from this angle), it now boils down to the prospect and long term job security of the wife and that of her husband back home in Nigeria.

The husband must find a very convincing story to tell regarding his absence during the wife's visa interview.

aiit. thx. i appreciate
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
ikemeze: @tzetzefly we were denied because we don't have insufficient fund and we applied to go for tourist(honeymoon)

The CO will ask you why you were denied the first time. He / she will also want to know how your circumstance has changed presently from 2006.

Are you economically bouyant now to fend for all your family members while studying in the States?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
don_ciccio: @tzetzefly and well meaning NL's pls help I've submitted my DS 160 yday and schedule for intvw nxt week. Going thru my old docs I now found out that I was refused visa 1st to the US in April but I mistakenly filled february in d DS 160 new form. Pls guys does it matter? Could this error affect my visa decision? Thanx

Fill another DS-160, correct the error and call / send a message to re-schedule your appointment with the new Reference Number to :

+234 09 460 1748

or via e-mail :

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
Tzetzefly
I was going tru my form I filled I notice some information that I need to put that I just got the information and jus saw some silly Miistakes somebody said I can still make some adjustment. My Interview is In two weeks time. Is it possible
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ikemeze: 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
@tzetzefly am financial buoyant to fend my family there. I was denied in 2009
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kateijaola: 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello friends,I have already book an appointment for november 2013 and will be going with my 2yrs old daughter and also a 300 level student of the university of lagos.My husband uncle is the one inviting us and just sent an invitation letter and his tax clearance.what other documents do I need.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kateijaola: 11:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kate.ijaola ,@Tzetzefly. Hello friend,I have already book an appointment for november 2013 and will be going with my 2yrs old daughter and also a 300 level student of the university of lagos.My husband uncle is the one inviting us and just sent an invitation letter and his tax clearance.what other documents do I need.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:31am On Nov 08, 2013
balotelli: Tzetzefly
I was going tru my form I filled I notice some information that I need to put that I just got the information and jus saw some silly Miistakes somebody said I can still make some adjustment. My Interview is In two weeks time. Is it possible

Fill another DS-160 and re-schedule another interview date by sending an e-mail to :

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:35am On Nov 08, 2013
ikemeze: @tzetzefly am financial buoyant to fend my family there. I was denied in 2009

Since you are now financially ok to take care of your family while in the States, you can apply for the visa for you and everyone intending to travel with you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:39am On Nov 08, 2013
kate.ijaola:
Kate.ijaola ,@Tzetzefly. Hello friend,I have already book an appointment for november 2013 and will be going with my 2yrs old daughter and also a 300 level student of the university of lagos.My husband uncle is the one inviting us and just sent an invitation letter and his tax clearance.what other documents do I need.

You need a letter from UNILAG to show the authenticity of the 300L student. You also need a birth certificate for the 2yr old girl showing the full names of both parents as the real custodian.

Do not forget the surname of that girl must tally with the person inviting since he is your husband's uncle who must also bear the same surname.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2013
tzetzefly:

Fill another DS-160, correct the error and call / send a message to re-schedule your appointment with the new Reference Number to :

+234 09 460 1748

or via e-mail :

tzetzefly:

@All, after scheduling for intvw one later filled another DS-160 you won't need to reschedule intvw date again just call them on the number above and they can just update your profile while you still attend your intvw on the earlier fixed date.
I called yday mrng was told to do that.
@tzetzefly, tnx mch.

+234 09 460 1748

or via e-mail :

tzetzefly:

+234 09 460 1748

or via e-mail :

Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2013
don_ciccio: hey NL's, my case: I applied for a Technology conference in April 2013. Though am single then, i had a valid Malaysia visit visa not used to expire in May 2013.

INTERVIEW:
VO: hello
Me: hello, good day n hw was ur nite
vo: fine (with a straight face no smile @all)
vo: y do u want to go to the US?
me: i need to attend blah blah Technology Conference in Texas
vo: where do u work?
ME: blah blah blah ltd
vo: what do u do?
me: i'm a Project coordinator for blah blah project (vo typing/ i was lookn straight to his face bt my heart beats faster dan imaginable)
vo: how mch do u earn?
me: 250k (the vo joined me to say the amount)
vo: so u re going to the US for 3days
me: actually the conference is frm 4-6 but (the vo cuts me off with another qstn immediately)
vo: but u said ure going to malaysia?
me: yes, ive a malaysia visa but the visa is just a social trip visa yle that of the US is a biz trip and this conference is going to add a positive value to my career upliftment
VO: y dnt u want to go to malaysia
me: am nt in a rush for the malaysia trip cos is just a pleasure vac bt for nw the conference is paramount to that cos its geared towards my career progress
vo: but u said ure going to malaysia
me: yes, like i said b4 its just a pleasure trip bt the conference is mor important nw cos it ll help my career
vo: so ll u still go to malaysia after the US trip?
me: cant say nw until i return from the conference
vo: sorry we cant grant u visa to the US nw (prints out a letter and gave to me)

*mind u i almost fainted answering those qstns but i tried as mch as Possible to comport myself cos my heart beats almost bursted. lol*
Note|: I later visited malaysia in May 2013 and spent 4days

Now am reapplying for an exhibition in process engineering in Dec 2013. Though ive been moved from my former position to a process engr position, still at the same rate and am engaged nw.
PLs NL's advice on way forward and whats my chances @tzetze and co.?

@Nairalanders, thanx to you guys for your earlier advice n guidance. I've scheduled for intvw nxt wk wednesday what are the likely questions to be asked considering my condition or previous encounter? Also, on which conduct do I've to put myself? *that embassy e be like say winch they there once u enter ur countenance and morale will just change* lol.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kateijaola: 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
@Tzetzefly,thanks for your response,i want to find out the following
1.i have not changed to my husband's name,still bear my maiden name,but have marriage certificate and wedding pics
2.the school has issued me a letter but since they don't know i am married since i ve not written to them,so they issued me letter with my maiden name and starting i have the consent of my parent.
i want to find out if this will not pose a problem and my daughter bears the same surname with my husband's uncle.
thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
kate.ijaola:
@Tzetzefly,thanks for your response,i want to find out the following
1.i have not changed to my husband's name,still bear my maiden name,but have marriage certificate and wedding pics
2.the school has issued me a letter but since they don't know i am married since i ve not written to them,so they issued me letter with my maiden name and starting i have the consent of my parent.
i want to find out if this will not pose a problem and my daughter bears the same surname with my husband's uncle.
thanks

There is no problem if you havent changed your maiden name, just ensure you proceed to the embassy with your marriage certificate and some pictures to serve as proof.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Please I need an advise on a conference I have in March 2014 but already my associates has sent me the invitation letter,I want to know the best time to apply and also is it compulsory to apply for my wife and child,cos I will only be attending the 1 week seminar and spend possibly another week in US with my friends and family.

I want to know the process because I have also been trying to book an appointment and can't connect to their website.

Please what is the best procedures to book an appointment?

Can I also apply that only my son of 2yrs old will follow me?

Please I need your advise
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hello Gurus in d aos please advice

I i received a call from U.S. Consulate General Lagos through this number 1460-3400 at exactly 3.15pm today from a lady and asked me to come for a re-interview on Monday or Wednesday next week but i was confused because i didn't apply for a visa recently the last time applied was on 8/12/2013 that was exactly three months ago but i was denied and i have not reapplied since then until i got a call today that i should come for a re interview next week but i told the lady that i haven't applied for visa and told her its been 3 months i did but was denied and asked if my wife applied i said NO she didn't and she said okay she will call me back later.

I am now worried because i have not heard of this before or what do you think do they do review of applications and reconsider applicants or what?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
shessyfavour: Hello Gurus in d aos please advice

I i received a call from U.S. Consulate General Lagos through this number 1460-3400 at exactly 3.15pm today from a lady and asked me to come for a re-interview on Monday or Wednesday next week but i was confused because i didn't apply for a visa recently the last time applied was on 8/12/2013 that was exactly three months ago but i was denied and i have not reapplied since then until i got a call today that i should come for a re interview next week but i told the lady that i haven't applied for visa and told her its been 3 months i did but was denied and asked if my wife applied i said NO she didn't and she said okay she will call me back later.

I am now worried because i have not heard of this before or what do you think do they do review of applications and reconsider applicants or what?

It is possible to call for a re-interview or re-verification of issued visa if something comes up. Since you were told you'll be contacted again, it's best you wait or you can as well go to the consulate to get your mind cleared.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shessyfavour: 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
Okay tzetzefly i am jut confused because i never heard of that after being denied a visa without telling me they ll get back to me after admin review or something like that. What do i have to go with to be able to enter the embassy?

It is possible to call for a re-interview or re-verification of issued visa if something comes up. Since you were told you'll be contacted again, it's best you wait or you can as well go to the consulate to get your mind cleared.[/quote]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:29am On Nov 14, 2013
shessyfavour: Okay tzetzefly i am jut confused because i never heard of that after being denied a visa without telling me they ll get back to me after admin review or something like that. What do i have to go with to be able to enter the embassy?

It is possible to call for a re-interview or re-verification of issued visa if something comes up. Since you were told you'll be contacted again, it's best you wait or you can as well go to the consulate to get your mind cleared.

An e-mail sent to you by the embassy is needed to be shown at the gate before you can be permitted to enter.

And better still, the consulate will get back to you through an e-mail if you can send an enquiry with your Name, Passport Number, and Date of Birth to:

LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:42am On Nov 14, 2013
APFM: Please I need an advise on a conference I have in March 2014 but already my associates has sent me the invitation letter,I want to know the best time to apply and also is it compulsory to apply for my wife and child,cos I will only be attending the 1 week seminar and spend possibly another week in US with my friends and family.

I want to know the process because I have also been trying to book an appointment and can't connect to their website.

Please what is the best procedures to book an appointment?

Can I also apply that only my son of 2yrs old will follow me?

Please I need your advise

You can apply at anytime, but you cannot travel before your conference date.

The invitation is for you alone and a conference it says not a vacation. So no, you cant take them with you.

The step by step procedure to applying for a U.S. Visa is found here :

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 11:25am On Nov 14, 2013
tzetzefly:

You can apply at anytime, but you cannot travel before your conference date.

The invitation is for you alone and a conference it says not a vacation. So no, you cant take them with you.

The step by step procedure to applying for a U.S. Visa is found here :

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp

Thank you so much for the information.
Sure want to apply by January.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.