Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059467 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 4:56am On Nov 28, 2013
yea you can book same appointment date and appear together before d consular but you are going to be individually interviewed...and ur responses to interviewer questions determine if u'd be granted or not.
omonla10: do you mean it's not possible to book thesame appointment times since we are going with same invitation. And under same body. Cos d pastor can accommodate 2 pastoral staffs in his invitation/confirmation letter
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omonla10(m): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2013
opsy4real1: yea you can book same appointment date and appear together before d consular but you are going to be individually interviewed...and ur responses to interviewer questions determine if u'd be granted or not.
thanks bro. I guess I have nothing to be afraid of the cos my documents are 100% genuine. And I have a wife and 2 kids.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
all the best!
omonla10: thanks bro. I guess I have nothing to be afraid of the cos my documents are 100% genuine. And I have a wife and 2 kids.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Good evening people, please I would be attending an education conference in March 2014. I am a teacher working with Lagos state Government and at the same time working with other organisation as part time staff. I also have a nursery and primary school. Not married!

Please what are the necessary documents needed to be presented at the embassy?

When is the best time to fix for the interview?

Do I have a space to fill all the details of my job in the form, such as Lagos State Government Staff, facilitator at a private organisation and a proprietor of a small nursery and primary school.

NOTE... I have an expired south African visa which I did not use on my passport. Hope this will not limit my chance.

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2013
Stevenjel: Good evening people, please I would be attending an education conference in March 2014. I am a teacher working with Lagos state Government and at the same time working with other organisation as part time staff. I also have a nursery and primary school. Not married!

Please what are the necessary documents needed to be presented at the embassy?

When is the best time to fix for the interview?

Do I have a space to fill all the details of my job in the form, such as Lagos State Government Staff, facilitator at a private organisation and a proprietor of a small nursery and primary school.

NOTE... I have an expired south African visa which I did not use on my passport. Hope this will not limit my chance.

Thank you.

You got all the answers to your questions right on this forum. Do take your time
to read thru the threads and you will learn much more than you asked.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Hi. I am going for a visit in USA in December. My brother intends to invite me. I have been to UK twice and presently studying in Canada. I have paid my tuition fee in full. I understand that people are denied regardless of where they apply from. I was once denied USA visa on education ground in 2002. But I am here on the same ground. My Uk visa is valid till June of next year. My brother in USA is twin brother and as well as a USA citizen thru visa lottery. He has a highly paid job. But the fact is that I have no job at the moment as I am a student. I am single. What documents should I request from my brother? Will my admission letter, study permit, transcription, tuition fee receipt plus pictures with my brother be enough to convince the office I will return. I have pension scheme money of about N200,000 in naija, and about N20k with GTB and few stocks that will worth about N10k in naija. How do I convince this guy. USA is just about 3 hours from where I live in Toronto but I can't enter. Please help me urgently because my interview date is close.
Again, my twin applied for my green card. i know its a bad sign. Two of my sisters are US citizens. My mum is presently a green card holder and she is there at the moment. How do I convince this guys?

There's no need for you to sweat over nothing. 11years ago is a long time for your circumstance to change. You were refused visa to the U.S., but you choose Canada for the same reason i.e. studies (this is a plus for you).

Your number of years in attendance at the university will have to count toward the visa issuance, at least 2 & half years is sufficient.

Your negative point:

Your brother has applied for a LPR on your behalf, your sister and mum are already on LPR in the States, your series of attempt to enter the U.S. on a visa is already in the Dept of State's database (a hard time convincing any VO ).

Concerntrate on your studies for now, get very good grades and partake in volunteer activities in Toronto and environs with reference letter / certificate as proof. Later you can use this as a strong tie and commitment to Canada after which you now apply at the Consulate General of the United States, Toronto.

Cheers......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Stevenjel: Good evening people, please I would be attending an education conference in March 2014. I am a teacher working with Lagos state Government and at the same time working with other organisation as part time staff. I also have a nursery and primary school. Not married!

Stevenjel: Please what are the necessary documents needed to be presented at the embassy?

Your paid conference IV letter, your work ID card, your payslips / bank statement (which may not be checked depending on your info on the DS-160 ), your Leave letter etc....

Stevenjel: When is the best time to fix for the interview?

January 2014, you cannot use the visa until March 2014 if issued.

Stevenjel: Do I have a space to fill all the details of my job in the form, such as Lagos State Government Staff, facilitator at a private organisation and a proprietor of a small nursery and primary school.

Yes

Stevenjel: NOTE... I have an expired south African visa which I did not use on my passport. Hope this will not limit my chance.
Thank you.

No

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stevenjel: 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
tzetzefly:

Your paid conference IV letter, your work ID card, your payslips / bank statement (which may not be checked depending on your info on the DS-160 ), your Leave letter etc....

No

Thanks so much bro! I really appreciate this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by VCTROKOYE: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2013

VCTROKOYE: Hi. I am going for a visit in USA in December. My brother intends to invite me. I have been to UK twice and presently studying in Canada. I have paid my tuition fee in full. I understand that people are denied regardless of where they apply from. I was once denied USA visa on education ground in 2002. But I am here on the same ground. My Uk visa is valid till June of next year. My brother in USA is twin brother and as well as a USA citizen thru visa lottery. He has a highly paid job. But the fact is that I have no job at the moment as I am a student. I am single. What documents should I request from my brother? Will my admission letter, study permit, transcription, tuition fee receipt plus pictures with my brother be enough to convince the office I will return. I have pension scheme money of about N200,000 in naija, and about N20k with GTB and few stocks that will worth about N10k in naija. How do I convince this guy. USA is just about 3 hours from where I live in Toronto but I can't enter. Please help me urgently because my interview date is close.
Again, my twin applied for my green card. i know its a bad sign. Two of my sisters are US citizens. My mum is presently a green card holder and she is there at the moment. How do I convince this guys?

There's no need for you to sweat over nothing. 11years ago is a long time for your circumstance to change. You were refused visa to the U.S., but you choose Canada for the same reason i.e. studies (this is a plus for you).

Your number of years in attendance at the university will have to count toward the visa issuance, at least 2 & half years is sufficient.

Your negative point:

Your brother has applied for a LPR on your behalf, your sister and mum are already on LPR in the States, your series of attempt to enter the U.S. on a visa is already in the Dept of State's database (a hard time convincing any VO ).

Concerntrate on your studies for now, get very good grades and partake in volunteer activities in Toronto and environs with reference letter / certificate as proof. Later you can use this as a strong tie and commitment to Canada after which you now apply at the Consulate General of the United States, Toronto.

Cheers......

Thanks for your advice. I have already applied for the visa before I posted my question. I have my appointment date. Ya, I was thinking that LPR which has been applied for me could be a disadvantage. A friend who was in my situation was just given. The only question he was asked is why he was in a haste to travel and he said he was missing his people. I know different officers could view it in different ways.
Apart from my mother, the rest are citizens and have good jobs.
So many years of not seeing my people is not easy especially when you are about 3 hours away from the country.
At the moment, I have my education, my money in naija as my ties.
I have never stayed in any country illegally. In short apart from Canada, the maximum I have ever stayed in UK is 7 days.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
VCTROKOYE:

Thanks for your advice. I have already applied for the visa before I posted my question. I have my appointment date. Ya, I was thinking that LPR which has been applied for me could be a disadvantage. A friend who was in my situation was just given. The only question he was asked is why he was in a haste to travel and he said he was missing his people. I know different officers could view it in different ways.
Apart from my mother, the rest are citizens and have good jobs.
So many years of not seeing my people is not easy especially when you are about 3 hours away from the country.
At the moment, I have my education, my money in naija as my ties.
I have never stayed in any country illegally. In short apart from Canada, the maximum I have ever stayed in UK is 7 days.

Ok, i wish you all the luck you need....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fozy: 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
I am school in North Cyprus i am want to travel to usa which visa is best for me and how do i go about it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
fozy: I am school in North Cyprus i am want to travel to usa which visa is best for me and how do i go about it.

The website below will guide you on the category of visa to apply for, how to go about filling the forms and the general requirements:

www.travel.state.gov
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shola7777777: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2013
I applied for usa visting visa this year march to visit my aunt and was denied due to lack of travelling experience. Now I travelled to south africa last month and I came back after two weeks. I want to apply again to usa embassy.
1- when is the best time to apply, I mean will it not be too fast to apply now as I jst came back last month.
2- is it appropriate to still use my aunty invitation or I should use hotel reservation, meanwhile I used my aunt invitation the last time I applied if I should use hotel reservation now won't that jeopadise my chances? Moreso my aunty is ready to send invitation to me again. My question is should I use my aunty invitation or hotel reservation?
3- can I state it that I went for conference in south africa but I have SA visiting visa . The reason I m saying this is that I don't want it to look as if I purposely travelled to south africa because of my US application. My question is does conference in south africa take visitng visa as well?
4- what other docs I need to bring along.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by deoladtop: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
Gday,people.i applied for visiting visa with my.kids to spend xmas with my hubby who is there studying.we were denied.now i want to.apply alone.when can i reapply.our denial was under section 214b.note we were ať d embassy dec 2nd 2013.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by APFM(m): 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
tzetzefly:

You can apply at anytime, but you cannot travel before your conference date.

The invitation is for you alone and a conference it says not a vacation. So no, you cant take them with you.

The step by step procedure to applying for a U.S. Visa is found here :

www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visaapply.asp

I got a reply for my question bt also want to know if I can apply by January 2014 probably make payment dis december after collecting my IV in november 2013. Hope it's not an issue?
Thank u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2013
deola@dtop:
Gday,people.i applied for visiting visa with my.kids to spend xmas with my hubby who is there studying.we were denied.now i want to.apply alone.when can i reapply.our denial was under section 214b.note we were ať d embassy dec 2nd 2013.

l will suggest you plug all the issues raised in your denial, and allow your present circumstances to change significantly before you re-apply, going back so soon after your denial might raise a red flag with some VO, they might wonder what has changed so soon with you, although, there is no harm in re-applying, some people seem to have element of luck with them, after denial, they re-apply and they are granted.Wish you all the luck you need.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kike100: 11:46am On Dec 08, 2013
Hi people, I n hubby went for our visa on Thursday and was given!!! I bless God.
No extraordinary questions, where we work?have we travelled together? Why we are going? No documents asked for.
Wishing everyone with interviews this week the best!

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
GReetings, will like to know what my chances are, am applying for b1 visa, by january, am a student in western cape, cape town and also married, have got a sponsor, who is going to put all in place. thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
tetwa: GReetings, will like to know what my chances are, am applying for b1 visa, by january, am a student in western cape, cape town and also married, have got a sponsor, who is going to put all in place. thanks

The questions you need to ask yourself before applying are:

1. Where are you applying from : Ghana or Nigeria?

2. Who is your sponsor : Husband or Relative?

3. What ties have you in your place of residence or country of domicile?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
APFM:

I got a reply for my question bt also want to know if I can apply by January 2014 probably make payment dis december after collecting my IV in november 2013. Hope it's not an issue? Thank u

You can apply at anytime, but that will only happen after you receive your conference IV which should have been paid for.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
fozy: I am school in North Cyprus i am want to travel to usa which visa is best for me and how do i go about it.

Conference related visa in your area of studies. Note, you must have been in that school between 2-3 years to show a form of seriousness to your academics...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kaykad: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2013
Dear Oga @ d top, please I need your help am new to the forum and also new to traveling. have been working for the past 2 yrs in a bank and I want to spen my hols in usa, please I do I go about it
1. from where to get the visa form,
2. How much to pay for visa/submit of visa,
3. will want to apply for just 3 weeks cos that is the duration of my vacation
and any other info you can give me please. will appreciate.

await your swift response
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Austyn316(m): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
Austyn316:

Thank you so much Suxes, I will let the house know our experience after our interview on December 9, 2013. It's about three week's to go.

Hello House,

I promisesed to return today with feedback.

I witnessed about 4 people who were successful. A man who said his wife just put to bed in the US and he was going to join them was denied. His wife applied for a visa to attend a conference in June and gave birth in September. His visa was denied.

A staff of Skyebank was sucessful. He said he was a relationship manager.

A woman who had given birth previously in the US was denied.

My wife and I were denied because we did not show strong ties to Nigeria. I believe it was because my wife has no travel experience.

We immediately left the Lagos Consulate for the UK visa center in Lekki. Contrary to the situation at the US Consulate, the UK visa center was not too busy. We went to a nearby cyber cafe and applied for UK visas. At least, the Entry officer will look at the documents.

We willl still return to the US Consulate in January, 2014. The letter I received says if we have further information to show ties we could reapply. My circumstance was misconstrued and with this experience I hope we convince the VO.

Good luck guys!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tony9089: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
an agent helped me get a b1b2 visa....i wanted to attend an interview but couldnt go becuase of the agents threats...he asked for 2million naira for the visa which i think is absurd and stupid...he took my details and gave it to cbp ice and immigration in the usa that am coming to hustle and live illegally which is ridiculously even funny...anyway i applied for a b1 and was given a b1b2...i couldnt attend the conference for which reason i got the visa...can i use it to travel this Christmas without problems....are the agents emails to immigration going to be taken seriously.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omniaoil: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please house i am applying for american visit visa soon and here is my area of confusion: i applied earlier this year march (i was doing music then, and was suppose to go for a show), but was denied, thereafter, i have been working at my family's company (owned by my mum) and my salary is good (700k monthly), i had to go back and work for my family because they were against d music thingy. my point is my cousin is inviting me this time, and in my form i will indicate a change of occupation, will this affect my chances in any way?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
omniaoil: Please house i am applying for american visit visa soon and here is my area of confusion: i applied earlier this year march (i was doing music then, and was suppose to go for a show), but was denied, thereafter, i have been working at my family's company (owned by my mum) and my salary is good (700k monthly), i had to go back and work for my family because they were against d music thingy. my point is my cousin is inviting me this time, and in my form i will indicate a change of occupation, will this affect my chances in any way?
Do you have a JOB with contract and wages paid into the bank with a pay document and taxes?
Or does Mommy just pay you some money?
You MUST PROVE that you will return!
Good job with paperwork, Property, Wife & Kids are the type of things they are looking for.
Musician looking to hussle is a big red flag!
What does Cousin do? Has he got job, Green card, House or accomodation?
Your story is weak at the moment.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omniaoil: 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
worry 359:
Do you have a JOB with contract and wages paid into the bank with a pay document and taxes?
Or does Mommy just pay you some money?
You MUST PROVE that you will return!
Good job with paperwork, Property, Wife & Kids are the type of things they are looking for.
Musician looking to hussle is a big red flag!
What does Cousin do? Has he got job, Green card, House or accomodation?
Your story is weak at the moment.

Yeah, its a job with contract, with payslips and bank statements to back up the salaries.
Yeah, i have a landed property in ajah. i am single though
my cousin is a HR Manager at a social welfare organisation. He has his green card.
like i said, i have since returned to the family's firm and will probably take over from mum as the first son cos she is planning on retiring soon..
since my occupation as changed, i want to know if my present status gives me a good chance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
omniaoil:

Yeah, its a job with contract, with payslips and bank statements to back up the salaries.
Yeah, i have a landed property in ajah. i am single though
my cousin is a HR Manager at a social welfare organisation. He has his green card.
like i said, i have since returned to the family's firm and will probably take over from mum as the first son cos she is planning on retiring soon..
since my occupation as changed, i want to know if my present status gives me a good chance

Well unless something goes wrong you look good to go. cheesy
Just be honest when answering questions and don't mention musician.
Find out about places to visit where you are going and learn some facts so if asked by V.O. you can answer with confidence.
Google is your friend here.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
tony9089: an agent helped me get a b1b2 visa....i wanted to attend an interview but couldnt go becuase of the agents threats...he asked for 2million naira for the visa which i think is absurd and stupid...he took my details and gave it to cbp ice and immigration in the usa that am coming to hustle and live illegally which is ridiculously even funny...anyway i applied for a b1 and was given a b1b2...i couldnt attend the conference for which reason i got the visa...can i use it to travel this Christmas without problems....are the agents emails to immigration going to be taken seriously.

I want to understand that you attended the interview yourself to get the B1/B2 visa?

Meanwhile, the agent's emails will be taking seriously at the U.S. Border Control Area (that is if you're lucky to be boarded by any airline of repute.)

Your details will be sent to most airlines entering the States who in turn will question you before permission to board e.g Emirates, British Airways, Lufthansa, Airfrance, Qatar Airways, KLM, Turkey Airline; others, i dont know precisely their rapport with the U.S. Dept of State. In which case, prepare to be scrutinised by the CBP officers when you get to the Port of Entry.

My advise to you, is to know the exact reasons why you're travelling to the U.S. with adequate proof of funds and accomodation (paid)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Olamilec(m): 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hello House,
Am a Constable working with the Nigeria Police and I study Computer Science which I have been working in Police College of Information Technology Institute (PCIT) and later went on Counter Terrorism Course with a monthly salary of 45k. I want to visit USA with IT and Cyber Security Conference, what are the documents I will required to provide and is there possibility of me getting the visa because of my low income salary?
Any advice is welcome. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Olamilec: Hello House,
Am a Constable working with the Nigeria Police and I study Computer Science which I have been working in Police College of Information Technology Institute (PCIT) and later went on Counter Terrorism Course with a monthly salary of 45k. I want to visit USA with IT and Cyber Security Conference, what are the documents I will required to provide and is there possibility of me getting the visa because of my low income salary?
Any advice is welcome. Thanks

The salary you earn is but an element in visa related issue. The ultimate is your presentation during physical interview.

If you claim that you want to attend a conference on IT/ cyber security related matters, then you must be able to convince the VO that you're truly what you say you are, by being able to defend what you know on IT and how the conference will assist you in securing of life and properties in a different manner.

NOTE: The conference must be paid for, and also being a registered member of the conference your wish to attend, is a big boost to your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.