Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Going, Going, Gone! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going, Going, Gone! (2300 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going, Going, Gone! by Beaf: 5:06am On Feb 21, 2011
Another mad, bad fool bites the dust.

Here is the despot who has ruled Libya for almost 43 years and executed several Nigerians, simply for being illegal immigrants.
Here is a dog that turned machine guns and heavy artillery on his own people.

Its only a matter of days or hours, then kaboom!!! cool

Re: Going, Going, Gone! by asha80(m): 5:09am On Feb 21, 2011
has he resigned or kicked out?
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by savanaha: 5:11am On Feb 21, 2011
I think his shameless son should be taken out like him. Hopefully in the end of it all he will be found hiding in a man hole like. . .
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Onlytruth(m): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2011
savanaha:

I think his shameless son should be taken out like him. Hopefully in the end of it all he will be found hiding in a man hole like. . .

grin grin grin

Actually you meant "spider-hole". grin

His son was threatening a civil war. shocked What can't tyrants say to survive in office. undecided

Libya is a very funny and weird country, but Gaddafi's days may still be numbered. cool
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Beaf: 5:25am On Feb 21, 2011
asha 80:

has he resigned or kicked out?

No, but there are very strong rumours (including from Libyan diplomatic sources) that the scum has fled to Venezuella. His sons are also rumoured to have engaged themselves in a shootout.

[size=14pt]Reports: Gaddafi Has Left Libya, Fled for Venezuela[/size]

Posted by Aurelius at 5:58 PM Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Update: In a news conference, Saif al-Islam Gaddafi tried to explain away the protests as a "plot against Libya" and "people on narcotics."  He also stated that Libya falling would be "one thousand" times worse than Egypt falling.  He also stated that "tomorrow" Libyans would create the Libya "we all dreamed of."  If not, he continued, everyone "will pay."

Update #2:  Iran's Press TV is now reporting that Gaddafi has left Libya according to their sources.

In reports that are as of now unconfirmed, it is being reported that Libyan Dictator Muammar Gaddafi has left Libya.  This could possibly mark an end to Gaddafi's regime, which has ruled the coutry with an iron fist for over four decades.

Protests have reached the capital of Tripoli, while various news sources are reporting that the government is "faltering."  Even worse for Gaddafi, protesters now hold several cities; not streets or squares, but entire cities.

The German news site TT.com is now reporting that opposition groups in Libya are now saying that "Muammar Al-Gaddafi had to leave the country for Brazil or Venezuela."  Al Jazeera refused to take on the issue straight on, but their reports suggested that Gaddafi is no longer in his country.

Doha, a news site linked with Al Jazeera, is reporting that Gaddafi has in fact fled the country.

Possibly telling, the state news agency of Libya, Jana, is now stating that Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam would "soon" hold a television press conference.  Why Gaddafi's son would be making a news address instead of his father could indicate that the dictator is no longer in the country.

Gaddafi
Gaddafi and Venezuelan autocratic President Hugo Chavez are good friends, which makes it extremely like that if Gaddafi has indeed fled that he would be heading to Venezuela.  Both Chavez and Gaddafi share man ideologies and a hate for the United States.

The protests in Libya have exploded since Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down slightly over a week ago.

http://punditpress..com/2011/02/reports-gaddafi-has-left-libya-fled-for.html
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Beaf: 5:50am On Feb 21, 2011
[size=14pt]Libyan diplomat in China resigns over unrest: report[/size]

AFP – Demonstrators protest against the Libyan government in in Washington, DC. A senior Libyan diplomat posted … .– 9 mins ago
BEIJING (AFP) – A senior Libyan diplomat posted in China has resigned and called on the army to intervene in the bloody uprising against leader Moamer Kadhafi, the Al-Jazeera news network reported Monday.

The diplomat, Hussein Sadiq al Musrati, stepped down in an on-air interview with Al-Jazeera and "called on all diplomatic staff to resign", the Qatar-based satellite television channel reported on its website.

The official also said Kadhafi "may have left Libya" and that there had been a "gunfight" between his sons, the network added, while noting it was unable to confirm those statements.

Musrati is listed as the second secretary in the Libyan mission to Beijing. Embassy staff told AFP on Monday that officials were not available for comment on the report.

Kadhafi's son Saif al-Islam Kadhafi warned Monday that the country was facing a bloody civil war if protesters refuse to accept reform offers, in a speech broadcast as gunfire rang out in the capital.

"Libya is at a crossroads. If we do not agree today on reforms, we will not be mourning 84 people, but thousands of deaths, and rivers of blood will run through Libya," he said.

Rights watchdogs have said hundreds are feared dead in a military offensive to crush the uprising against Kadhafi's 41-year iron rule.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110221/wl_asia_afp/libyapoliticsunrestchinadiplomacy_20110221043527
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by asha80(m): 5:52am On Feb 21, 2011
this is getting interesting
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Pweety4me(f): 5:53am On Feb 21, 2011
Wow! the dude is furrglllyyy!
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 21, 2011
Pweety4me:

It's not only him, it's mostly all African president. These are the ppl representing African men.
When you hear "African men are ugly" by a non-african, just dont argue.

@post
Libya too? My Libyan friend must be ecstatic by now lol.
I remember his passionate presentation and argument about this guy. awww
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Beaf: 6:01am On Feb 21, 2011
Pweety4me:

. . .Good enough reason to shoot the fvker! cool
How can a grown man wear newspaper cuttings on his chest? shocked
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Chyz2: 6:04am On Feb 21, 2011
If this had been done in nigeria, all of the protesters would have been dead by now. Lets see how this turns out though.
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Beaf: 6:07am On Feb 21, 2011
Chyz*:

If this had been done in nigeria, all of the protesters would have been dead by now. Lets see how this turns out though.

Enh! Nigeria can never equal what this guy has done! Do you know he used machine guns and artillery on unarmed protesters in Benghazi?
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Chyz2: 6:12am On Feb 21, 2011
Beaf:

Enh! Nigeria can never equal what this guy has done! Do you know he used machine guns and artillery on unarmed protesters in Benghazi?

Yea i head about that sad. Benghazi is in eastern libya. I hear that that whole side is neglected heavily. Could that be due to a case of ethnic or religious discrimination?
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by EzeUche2(m): 6:14am On Feb 21, 2011
This man needs to go. He has been in office for over 40 years. And let us not mention the trouble he has caused in African nations. I cannot stand him and his so called Arab brothers in Africa. I would gladly join hands with my fellow "Sub-Saharan" Africans and push these invaders into the sea! angry angry angry
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by EzeUche2(m): 6:16am On Feb 21, 2011
Chyz*:

Yea i head about that sad. Benghazi is in eastern libya. I hear that that whole side is neglected heavily. Could that be due to a case of ethnic or religious discrimination?

I don't know if it is ethnic discrimination, because the Libyan people are mostly of Berber descent. However, in Southern Libya you do have the Toubou people, which are African, as well as Hausa people are also present.
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Beaf: 6:24am On Feb 21, 2011
Chyz: Yea i head about that . Benghazi is in eastern libya. I hear that that whole side is neglected heavily. Could that be due to a case of ethnic or religious discrimination?

Possibly. But there are reports of an impossible to concieve degree of evil coming out of Libya:

An intelligence source reported that 150 soldiers and officers who disobeyed orders and refused to shoot at protestors would be executed.

Estimates of the total number of fatalities over six days of unprecedented unrest ranged from 233 – the latest figure given by Human Rights Watch – to 285. But some opposition sources gave figures as high as 500.

Two of Gaddafi's other sons, Khamis and Saadi, and intelligence chief Abdullah Sanussi were reportedly commanding efforts to crush the protests in Benghazi, where buildings were ransacked and troops and police forced to retreat to a compound to pick off demonstrators with sniper and artillery fire.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/20/libya-defiant-protesters-feared-dead

Saif Gaddafi has also gone on TV to promise rivers of blood if the protesters do not accept his terms. Now thats "leadership" in stark terms, poor Libyans!
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by EzeUche2(m): 6:25am On Feb 21, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

This is more brutal than what happened in Egypt.

When will this spread to the Saudi kingdom?

I hear Morocco and Algeria are next though.
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by EzeUche2(m): 6:28am On Feb 21, 2011
Let us not forget about Gaddafi's Virgin Female Bodyguardsgrin

[img]http://lh5.google.com/fisherwy/R16zyKzeUTI/AAAAAAAAL_g/ffYA2vpdAos/Gaddafi%27s%20virgin%20female%20bodyguards%20picture%5B2%5D[/img]
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 21, 2011
^^^

now theres a despot with swagga cheesy
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2011
grin @ female bodyguards [/i]or female [i]bodies grin I like his agbada sha, pweety.
As my friend would say; swagga!
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by rasputinn(m): 9:42am On Feb 21, 2011
How some of y'all can digress from such a serious topic to be talking of how ugly Ghaddafi is suggests a lack of something meaningful to say.Well what would one expect,there's so much ignorance being flaunted on the www these days

Back to serious issues,I can't be happier at this report.I've had several-decades-old loathing for the despotic scoundrel called Ghaddafi.He always carried on with so much air of arrogance about him,even shamelessly funding terrorists(he is one,so no surprises),he had a knack for executing Nigerians,especially and other nationals,who had the misfortune of being arrested in Liby without legit documents.No matter the outcry,protestation or whatever from the embassies,Ghadafi would still murder the hapless travelers anyway.
Most recently,when Mubarak resigned,the idiot called Ghaddafi had the deceitful effrontery to congratulate the Egyptian people for what he called a "revolution",now I'm laughing satisfactorily cos the chicken has come home to roost for him;so soon.Talk about Karma
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2011
[img][/img]

More make-up (and hair dye) than his 40 virgin bodyguards, but Libyan leader Gaddafi is still a murderous menace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1192494/More-make-hair-dye-40-virgin-bodyguards-Gaddafi-murderous-menace.html

Re: Going, Going, Gone! by rasputinn(m): 10:08am On Feb 21, 2011
"With gelled and carefully dyed hair, the Colonel was made up to look like a cross between Michael Jackson and the deranged music mogul murderer Phil Spector[/b]Although [b]with his peaked cap, red flashes, gold braid epaulettes and an array of military decorations that resembled a Dulux colour chart, he turned out in a uniform that Italy's last tyrant, fascist leader Benito Mussolini, would have killed for.

Gaddafi is one of the maddest dictators on Earth and he doesn't like being upstaged - unless it's by this 40-strong troupe of well-equipped, allvirgin minders."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1192494/More-make-hair-dye-40-virgin-bodyguards-Gaddafi-murderous-menace.html

Very apt description of a man that should be captured and hanged ASAP
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by rasputinn(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2011
Ghaddafi even ordered jet fighters to bomb his own people,two air force colonels who were supposed to go and bomb Libyans diverted thier jet to Malta and spilled the beans.Ghaddafi ante up,you're going down and your fall will be very violent and costly to you,your family and cronies

I spit on you Muammar Ghaddafi
Re: Going, Going, Gone! by rasputinn(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2011
[img][/img]

Just saw a tele footage where the troubled and soon to be toppled Ghadaffi appeared in a conjured clip on state TV to dispel reports that he's fled Libya.What difference does it make whther he's fled already or is just fleeing as can be seen from the van he's in.I'd like for him to make the same clip in a weeks time.Mad dog

(1) (Reply)

Awoyokun: Secularism, Adegbite And Sharia Banking / Jonathan Names Acting President Of Appeal Court / Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.