Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,391 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:43 PM

Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos (10543 Views)

Foreign Movies Copied Into The Nigerian Home Videos / Will Nigerian Home Videos Run Out Of Titles? / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Greatpeter(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2005
If if we have sponsors who can invest heavily on the movie industry will these pirates allow them succeed?
Sometime we just have to consider these people. they are into business and will want to make profit.
Who wats to lose? Govt. too should help them.

American artists enjoy treamedous support from their govt. why not here too?
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by babe(f): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2005
Greatpeter and Seun, i agree with you

but do you know that they bring these stars to America on the pretence of some silly award, and those stars too act so naive, as if they do not know that they are being exploited by those people who brought them here.

it is so bad that the last time a ghanian man brought them here, he sold tickets for $50 and on the night of the award none of those stars were there and the man was no where to be found.

so if the stars themselves do not really care about their career, just because they want to come to america, why would the government care?
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by dominobaby(f): 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2005
One other thing that annoys me most is the way the artists reflect on the past. It is always the same old annoying and mechanical way - face down, then face up, he/she then stares for a long time (probably shaking the head), then the camera comes so close........ so so boring. rolleyes
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by olaide07(f): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2005
Whenever a film has part 2,they show almost every bit of part 1 that you wonder if it ever required the part and also a plus for those that never watched the first part.You don't have to have watched the first part before you know the story line
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by chimanu2000(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2005
One of my less demanding pastimes is watching Nigerian home movies. Whenever i am home i get to watch some of these Pseudo-comedies, with all their poor story lines, editing, acting and all. But the beauty is despite these high level of incompetence they are seen all over Africa (and the world too) and are seen as standards for style,dress , makeup e.t.c. One of the more popular producers owned up by saying they now make movies for the MARKET WOMAN. My main concern however these days are the poor visual effects and editing, i actually believe that there are guys out there doing great stuff especially on nairaland who can get rid of these mediocrity. So are there any visual/graphic editors out there ??
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by dominobaby(f): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2005
chimanu2000:

But the beauty is despite these high level of incompetence they are seen all over Africa (and the world too)

I quite agree with you as regards what i heard from The washington post saying that make huge billions of dollars from the sale of these same home videos we so criticize.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Latoya(f): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2005
The sound effect of the movie bad,the gun shots sounds r like toy guns,the picture and maybe the language shuld also be an issue to worry about rolleyes
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by tamia(f): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2005
i think all those nigerian film producers need Film Management 101 its so nervin' to watch a movie and c the number of flaws we c in nigerian movies!! n i read somethin' from Genevieve . N sayin' Nollywood movies are more real life situations dat Hollywood movies the first thing i thought was "r u kiddin' me?" wat real life situation is she talkin' about?
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by spicequeen(f): 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2005
all that are some of the flaws. If I understand the topic well I think actors etc do well to stick to what is purely African! They immitate the western nations too much. Indians produce great films but they are still strictly Indian I think nigerians can do same! It should be purely African not 'when Americans act Nigerians copy'!!
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by snazzydawn(f): 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2005
The flawlist is as long as my arm but the most annoying and funny one is that in a flashback scene or a 25 years ago scene,you see GSM phones and 50,100 and 500naira notes(soon 1000).For God's sake,GSM is barely 10years old or thereabouts worldwide and the money,that's for another day.Then the children are sooooooo fake.The list is endless.Well,I watch them cos of the fine chicks,ciao!!!
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 5:12am On Oct 29, 2005
Y'all already said the important ones, but here's two that sticks with me each time i watch dem 9ja movies:
Lipcolour/gloss/stick- is it d same colour they all wear, i'm talkin abt the same light purple lipstick or wtv that all the female actors except Eucharia[dunno who does her make-up wears] wears. that pisses me off cos there's a whole lotta colours to choose from, but iono y they stick with that one.
Boots- y do they have to wear boots in the hot afternoon, wat's wrong with nice heel or stilletos. saw genny in 'He lives in me'', the part where she just came from the states and she was rockin them cowboy boots, made me feel so itchy, i felt like takin them off and placin her feet in cold water; and it was so hot, you could see the sweat on her face. Geez, expose ur feet, they need O2 too.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by hotangel2(f): 5:19am On Oct 29, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 5:20am On Oct 29, 2005
abi i talk lie? cheesy cheesy
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by hotangel2(f): 5:22am On Oct 29, 2005
I know the purple lipstick. They call it lilac. My cousin uses it too. cheesy cheesy All her pictures she sent her lilac lipgloss. And they worse part is.. The thing looks like they dipped their lips in Lilac ORORO (vegetable Oil). cheesy cheesy
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 5:23am On Oct 29, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy i know eh, i can't stand that colour now cheesy
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by hotangel2(f): 5:26am On Oct 29, 2005
It's my fav color so i cant go against it. cheesy cheesy

But Nigerian actress need to quit using it. Even Steph Okereke uses it.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by kuffy(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2005
The flaws are just to obvious.What do the movie people take Nigerians for?Predictability,recycling,poor audio and video quality,poor diction{in most films}.etc.Its very nuseating.Get ur arts together,go for courses,futher ur education and the bottom line try to be more creative.My advise to the movie people.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by sj(f): 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2005
i[b][/b] just wonder where dey get majority of d new actors and acresses,either d english is bad or they have concentrated igbo accent
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy @ concentrated. dat's wat we call igbotic cheesy
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by sj(f): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2005
im with u on d igbotic thing and it tends to get anoyin,most of my frends make fun of us ova here
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2005
I feel you, but i only show the traditional movies to my friends, it's better. at least you're showin them a part of your history. wink smiley
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by sj(f): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2005
d traditional ones are worse, we realy look lyk cannibals there,what wit all d marks
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2005
I find them more entertaining, at least we're not tryin to show off d fake accents. you ever seen Igodo? now that's a classic traditional movie.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by sj(f): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2005
at all but d current ones are beta,it depends on how fast it gets here
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2005
oh well, different strokes for different people smiley
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by vichel(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2005
Cohesion. sad Nigerian movies lack Cohesion. There is always a different story from part 1 to part 2, it's never straight forward.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by naana(f): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2005
Being able to see the microphone, the shadow of the cameraman, also it's sometimes possible to hear the directors instructions.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by Scorpio(f): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2005
that's so true cheesy
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by virozuru(f): 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2006
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by candylover(f): 5:06am On Feb 20, 2006
the most annoying thing in 9ja movie is when u reduce the volume it goes too low and when u increase it,it gets too loud \out of control. gosh!!! Wat i usually do is to be with the remote till the movie is done.
Another one is when a car knock down somebody it appears too fast and very fake,and the next thing quammmmmm in the hospital all bandaged
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by SvS(f): 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2006
i think the most common flaw is that u already no what will happen b4 the film starts.now am not exagerating but thats the case though.
and also did anyone notice that at the end of the film,eveything comes to a still and the actors freeze.
also in most yoruba films,the concluding part occurs that everything that was wrong appears right again.can things not just be wrong in their films?i mean things go wrong in real life!its just so unrealistic.
Re: Common Flaws in Nigerian Home Videos by funny: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2006
I enjoy watchig Niger movies,but atimes i get frustrated while watching cos u can really predict what would happen next or towards the end. .I prefer watching true life stories it is well acted maybe cos it really happened. smiley.The one i watche which i can recommend 4 anybody is Allegation 1,2&3  wink.THUMBS UP.[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vikings, Anyone???? / Fast And Furious 7: Download And Watch The Full Hd Movie / Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina Accuses Irokotv Of “swings” Copyright Infringement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.