Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know (2108 Views)

What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. / How Much Of Your Past Should Your Lover Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 11:20am On Feb 21, 2011
Some people believe in sincerity and plainliness. But don you think telling all that happen in you past romance live will add to you feather in getting much trust from your new partner?
If not, how much should you consider telling the new him/her?
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by roymary: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2011
Don't share jack with her; claim the angel you are not. I hope she finds out soon and Bummer, you have a worse scenario.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by oyinbogirl(f): 11:40am On Feb 21, 2011
as much as they wish to share i guess
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Omolola1(f): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2011
About 40%

He shouldn't know everything
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by roymary: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2011
^^^^

Bet you have an alarming past.

*smh*
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
Omolola1:

About 40%

He shouldn't know everything

wat if he/she finds out by him/herself that the rest 60% of ur past is shyte
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Omolola1(f): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2011
I don't av a past, just answering the question
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Blueice4re(f): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
@omolola1, there is no one wit a past, i mean no one.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by 190: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
everything

if she decides to keep it then you should have 2nd tots abt her

i believe in honesty undecided
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
i think blueice was meant to say "no one without a past".

Well if you dont really have a past as omolola claimes, then nothing stop you from telling everything tho
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Omolola1(f): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2011
Am not claiming, its a fact! u don't have to believe
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by sexy74(m): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2011
to me, all she needs to know is all that she can accept.

I dont believe in telling all except it involves the party concerned.

Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by obowunmi(m): 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2011
Old things have passed away, all things have become new. Unless u have a baby with ur ex --- the past shouldn't matter.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Meldrick(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
I once met a lady during my school days. As our relationship progressed she told me of her past, I was almost backing out just for that sake. Ahhhh, I imagined how many beds she jumped into and how many men she opened her legs for. Ahhhh, I was discouraged but I knew we can't marry because then I wasn't even ready for marriage.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
cool cool cool cool
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by 190: 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
Meldrick:

I once met a lady during my school days. As our relationship progressed she told me of her past, I was almost backing out just for that sake. Ahhhh, I imagined how many beds she jumped into and how many men she opened her legs for. Ahhhh, I was discouraged but I knew we can't marry because then I wasn't even ready for marriage.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Mcleo007(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2011
I tell my new gurl the few stuffs I know she can handle about my past. Trust me, if u love and want to keep ur new woman, u dnt have to divuldge everything abt ur past to her. Somehow,that knowledge to her will haunt u in one way or the other. A woman's extreme emotions makes it difficult for her to handle most stuffs!
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Brite02(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2011
20% wil b okay. . D rest wil wound jor her i bet she cn handle d situation. .
**gals dnt hv a gud hrt abt d past**
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Mitchelin(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
This here is my take on the issue, certain sleeping dogs should remain that way. The purpose is sometimes defeated when you let it all out, the trust you think you'd be garnering just might evolve into disdain,skepticism, and the like. Me thinks the real heavyweights (as in life changing experiences that one has had, and I want to think the poster means the negative aspects of our past, correct me if I'm wrong) should remain in the closet, better yet get them out the closet,bury 'em and burn up the the piece of land it was buried. Most peeps I know never benefited from letting ALL the cats (especially the black ones) out the bag.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
Mitchelin:

This here is my take on the issue, certain sleeping dogs should remain that way. The purpose is sometimes defeated when you let it all out, the trust you think you'd be garnering just might evolve into disdain,skepticism, and the like. Me thinks the real heavyweights (as in life changing experiences that one has had, and I want to think the poster means the negative aspects of our past, correct me if I'm wrong) should remain in the closet, better yet get them out the closet,bury 'em and burn up the the piece of land it was buried. Most peeps I know never benefited from letting ALL the cats (especially the black ones) out the bag.

u are there, people like talking about the sweet part of the stories, if u really have a bitter part, would u in anyway want her/him to know, if yes, wen could be d best time?
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by fubiluv: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
Its better to die with your ugly past secrets than to lose a wonderful future 4 it,
Be wise, he will neva find out all.Besides its in the past now,
Tell him what he should know and ignore the rest.
To me,anything i didn't tell you neva happened.
Meanwhile he will neva tell you all his past.   SO
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Mitchelin(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
Listen up, if you've got an exceptionally dirty laundry, just burn it, don't even think about washing it talk-less of washing it in public. Now there are certain things you should beware of, if the past you are hiding has a very important hold on the future that you are trying to build,then you just might take calculated steps to disclosing it, this you do by dropping hints and gauging the reaction of your partner, take your time doing this, don't drop the whole s@#tload at once, you may not survive the odoriferous fallout.
But like I opined,if you are trying to let someone in on your past in an effort to be more loving and the usual there-should-be-no-secret-between-us repartee,then keep mum on matters that are exceptionally personal, needless to say she'll tell on you anyway, you know women, her best-friend (until their next fallout) would definitely know about your so called "love secret".
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by johnterry2: 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
every man should not ask his woman abt her past rather dig into her past and u will see poo in there.they lives crazy lives and hope to hide it from their sorry future husbands
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2011
johnterry, mitchelin, fabiluv, i feel u
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by ethereal(f): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
I've kinda discovrd in d hard way dat men despite their strong physiques realy kant handle "certain emotnal baggage".They badger u wit questions bt wen u drop it, i'v created an automatic ducktape over my mouth.wat he doesn know wldnt kill him.Also i avoid probing 2 much.I REALY DONT WANNA KNOW!.Our relatnshp is healthier 4 it.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by sistajay(f): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2011
Knowin what I know now its best not to tell, just keep shut!! cool
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by biola44: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2011
whether you tell it all or not, it will catch up with you one day and haunt you, the past is never dead
so you have to know who you're dealing with, what he/she can handle,
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
Well, are the two trying to create a past together? Or a future? cool

Sure, if na me, I'd tell him about some things of my past so that he could get to know me better. I have no problem sharing it, just that, it's the past. I don't want to dwell on it too much.
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by bobbyray(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2011
People av 2sides, d good side n d bad side, d past n d future, we av 2 embrace both in somebody we love,
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Pweety4me(f): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2011
Recycled topic sha.

@OP I don't need to know, what doesn't really concern or what will not affect me!
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 22, 2011
Was ich nicht weiss, macht mich nicht heiss
Re: How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know by Orikinla(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2011
EVERYTHING TO AVOID THE SKELETONS FROM CRAWLING OUT LATER TO HAUNT YOU AND CAUSE ONE TO DISMISS THE OTHER FOR HIDING THE TRUTH.

There is nothing new under the sun.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have A Plan B Or Exit Strategy In Your Relationship / What Role Is Your Woman Playing In Your Life? / I'm Done With Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.