Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (118330 Views)

Four Types Of Girls That Opens Their Legs For Any Man / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With / 6 Pictures You'll Most Likely Find On A Naija Babe's Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Go Down)

Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2011
It is a taboo for a man to remain unmarried in Nigeria, which is why many successful men are swarmed by eager women who would do anything in order to bear Mrs. X. The truth of the matter is that Nigerian men prefer certain types of women for marriage and they prefer certain types of women just for sex and nothing more.

Women who are at the top of the marriageable list are;

Light Skinned Women

There is a popular Yoruba song that goes "omo pupa o, omo pupa la wa n fe; omo pupa o ju wo mo feran re o" it literally means "light skinned girl you are the one we want to marry, light skinned girl, please I love you."

Most men will give their right arm to date and marry a light skinned girl. In the olden days (and now) light skinned girls attracted more suitors and their bride price were quite exorbitant. Light skinned women are always the centre of attraction and most men who date them believe that marrying (a much coveted) light skinned girl will do wonders for their egos.

Most dark skinned women have taken to using skin bleaching crèmes in order to compete with their fairer counterparts.

Women With Ample Flesh

Most Nigerian men will not marry a skinny woman but they would rather sleep with her instead. Many men from the western and eastern part of Nigeria believe that a woman is more beautiful if she has ample flesh, some men have been known to date only women who have big butts! Most Yoruba men are of the opinion that sleeping with a skinny woman is like sleeping with a man, but sleeping with a woman that has some ample flesh will give them something soft to hold on to.

Understanding Women

An intolerant woman will sure have a hard time finding a man to settle down with. No Nigerian man wants a woman who will grill him at the slightest opportunity. If a Nigerian man suspects you to be intolerant of his (sometimes) bad behaviour, he will drop you like a hot potato.

The trick most women employ is to become his legal wife first, and after the wedding (now they have a firm foot hold) they'll draw up a list of do's and don'ts for their husbands to abide by.

Hardworking Women

Most men in Nigeria will never consider marrying a woman who is not gainfully employed or runs a business of her own. Gainfully employed women are at the very top of a searching bachelor's list. The present economic situation in the country is not making things any easier for men, who are mostly the bread winners of many Nigerian families. Most men want a wife who can help support the family (financially). Most women and a few men still believe that it is the man's responsibility to provide for his family and allowing a woman to do part of his job is nothing but an insult to his manhood.

3 Likes

Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2011
No go yarn me ooo. . . is this for real?
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Light Skinned Women

There is a popular Yoruba song that goes "omo pupa o, omo pupa la wa n fe; omo pupa o ju wo mo feran re o" it literally means "light skinned girl you are the one we want to marry, light skinned girl, please I love you."

Most men will give their right arm to date and marry a light skinned girl. In the olden days (and now) light skinned girls attracted more suitors and their bride price were quite exorbitant. Light skinned women are always the centre of attraction and most men who date them believe that marrying (a much coveted) light skinned girl will do wonders for their egos.

Most dark skinned women have taken to using skin bleaching crèmes in order to compete with their fairer counterparts.

This is so true.

Some of them want their kids to be light, so they perfer fair women.

Some guys do not even look at a girl well, as long as she is light, she is beautiful.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2011
rokiatu:

This is so true.

Some of them want their kids to be light, so they perfer fair women.

Some guys do not even look at a girl well, as long as she is light, she is beautiful.

Common now. Are u saying he is a racist to his own kind?
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by aminalib(f): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
ok those four guys, monday through thursday , then i repeat,
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

LOL I wouldn't called it racism. I will called it preference.

The same way some White men prefer tanned chicks.

The same with black guys, some of them like their women fair.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2011
aminalib:

ok those four guys, monday through thursday , then i repeat,

What do u mean?

rokiatu:

Not all of them

The same way some White men prefer tanned chicks.

The same with black guys, some of them like their women fair.

hmmmm. , . . But u know I have a few Nigerian guy friends here and they told me they will only marry a Nigerian or African lady (if Naija females no want them tongue) But they will never go for any other ladies.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by aminalib(f): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

why are you acting niave? you never heard of someone being racist to their own? their are men in ur own culture that are racist to their own.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

hmmmm. , . . But u know I have a few Nigerian guy friends here and they told me they will only marry a Nigerian or African lady (if Naija females no want them tongue) But they will never go for any other ladies.

preference again undecided
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2011
aminalib:

why are you acting niave? you never heard of someone being racist to their own? their are men in your own culture that are racist to their own.

Unfortunately Ive never met my own kinda people being that way. Im sorry. To us its moe towards the religion I guess
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by aminalib(f): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Unfortunately Ive never met my own kinda people being that way. Im sorry. To us its moe towards the religion I guess

so i guess you should say fortunately u have never met any of ur own kind, however they are there, keep ur eyes open and ur nose clean
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by biola44: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2011
i disagree with OP
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by sistajay(f): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2011
In that case I dey go look for Jamo!!
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2011
I guess its not about the color of the skin. I guess perhaps its more towards dating a foreigner which will make them the center of attraction. Like say if an Japanese girl chooses an Indian guy or an Egyptian guy as her bf, Im sure her people would look at them especially at him.

But the article is not just about light skinned, its about Nigerian men liking fleshy girls. . . . Hmmm. . . I dont think that is true. undecided
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by kokoye(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Women With Ample Flesh

Most Nigerian men will not marry a skinny woman but they would rather sleep with her instead. Many men from the western and eastern part of Nigeria believe that a woman is more beautiful if she has ample flesh, some men have been known to date only women who have big butts! Most Yoruba men are of the opinion that sleeping with a skinny woman is like sleeping with a man, but sleeping with a woman that has some ample flesh will give them something soft to hold on to.

Yes ooooo

That's me all the way    grin
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by fk5(f): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
am i one of dose 4 men.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2011
biola44:

i disagree with OP

Which part u dey disagree?

kokoye:

Yes ooooo

That's me all the way    grin

U like plus size?
f**k:

am i one of dose 4 men.

I dont know. U tell me
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by kokoye(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

U like plus size?

I like flesh.

I can date skinny but cant marry her . . sorry

Attack and defense in perfect proportion are a must for me.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by aminalib(f): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye:

I like flesh.

hmm i see
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye:

I like flesh.

Wish malaysian guys are like that but their not. They love skinny girls. The skinnier the better even if she have to loose her boobs for two fried eggs on her chest  undecided
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by kokoye(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2011
This following is my opinion:

All this 'skinny' stuff was started by whites . .and of course trust black people to copy them.

By flesh, I aint referring to fat - the flesh must look good on you and you must be healthy and fit.

I cant imagine myself on top of a lady with no cushion.

Again, this is just me.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by biola44: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Light Skinned Women

Women With Ample Flesh

Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
kokoye, I understand where u coming from. U like a plump well shaped lady with no health risk right? Thats what most men want.

However, I cannot help but remembering this lady I aw in a video clip from Akon  with his song Dangerous. Mehnnn. . . The lady in hsi video clip to my eyes had the perfect figure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7yHf_pU14

But perhaps she might be wearing a corsett. Who knows  grin tongue
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2011
biola44:

Light Skinned Women

Women With Ample Flesh

Why?
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2011
what's with the scary photos.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by MsPotato(f): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2011
Tpiah! Comon now. Those guys are hot!  grin cheesy
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

However, I cannot help but remembering this lady I aw in a video clip from Akon with his song Dangerous. Mehnnn. . . The lady in hsi video clip to my eyes had the perfect figure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7yHf_pU14

But perhaps she might be wearing a corsett. Who knows grin tongue
Right she has a great figure.

Hopefully those boobs are real.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Tpiah! Comon now. Those guys are hot!  grin cheesy

dont mind me.

na those skinny ones wey be like say dem never chop belleful, na dem I sabi.

i just have a thing about knowing somebody's dress sense, must be because i'm old school.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by kokoye(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^^

see! it's not only yoruba guys that love flesh wink
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
ok!

i see it o.
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by biola44: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Why?

things have change, and guys dont really follow these oldschool reasons,
Re: Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With by 190: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
my pic is amongst thoes heavy guys, i wont say who i am among them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18)

Man Grabs Lady's Chest, Reveals To Continue Sleeping With Different Women. Photo / When Your Fiancée Is Ashamed Of Her Buttocks Size / HOTTESSSSSST And YOUNGESSSST YAHOO BOY RIGHT NOW. [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.