Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:18 AM

US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours (17857 Views)

Alone (2015) Opening Day Box Office Business Report / NTA News and Radio Nigeria On Your Desktop / Amstel Malta Box Office: Worthy of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2011
Here's a thread dedicated to you, cara. You can now post all those your excerpts and forecasts.

For my own part, I'll try to weekly post the top 10 films in the UK and US Box Office and also mention new releases. What follows will be the beginning.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2011
10. The Green Hornet: I dunno why this is still hanging in there but since the door is about to hit its ass on the way out, I guess it can be excused.

9. True Grit: Yeah. True Grit is showing true grit remaining here since its debut outing since late December.

8. Sanctum 3D. I dunno about all this 3D furor. It seems we'll soon be seeing everything in 3D. Dunno about this film other than it may suck

7. No Strings Attached. Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher? In one roll of film? And no one is getting punk'd? Never thought I'd see the day

6. The King's Speech: I saw this movie and it's one of the few overrated stuff that's only a tad overrated and only by the English folk. Good stuff

5. The Roommate: Simplistic souding stuff that we might all have outgrown except you still use Clearasil under normal conditions

4. The Eagle: Dunno about this one too. Jamie Bell and Mark Strong are in it. That's gotta be good right?

3. Gnomeo and Juliet: Ewwwww, sounds like a Shrek ripoff

2. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never: The Bieber fever peeking. No need for long talk. You either already hate it or already love it

1. Just Go With It: Occupying top spot only cuz it's new and perhaps it's being forever since Nicole Kidman let her hair (and her face) down in a film

Boy, this seems like pretty hard work. I'm already thinking this is a sucky idea cry Person go quench
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 10:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
I cant wait to watch "red riding hood'' well known fairy tale made into a movie
comez out March 4th
and Beastly-Disney classic-Beauty and the beast made into a movie
these movies are going to be" most talked' movies in March~~
fairy tales and Disney classics are made into moviez deze days-new trend eg tangled

Never say Never--not a fan of Justin Bieber. I dont still get the hype of that boy. aint gonna watch the movie

Roommate--I like everythiing abt it--but it was quite short

No strings attached--great acting by Ashton Kuther--Natalie portman hmm not that
much``
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2011
Lol. I knew you'd defend Roommate. You loved that thing. I'll watch it cuz of you.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 11:40pm On Feb 21, 2011
I wanna watch ''the roommate'' again but it seemz megavideo, stagevu aint interested in uploadng the movie anytime soon lolz grin
nice thriller with few disturbing scenes

Gnomeo and Juliet--just the preview made me sick--strange characterz
the remix of the name ''romeo' 2 gnomeo made it even more annoying

1. Just Go With It: Occupying top spot only cuz it's new and perhaps it's being forever since Nicole Kidman let her hair (and her face) down in a film

loooooolzzzzzzz
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by rockers: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2011
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2011
Many films just got released in the UK recently so their top ten is a little old school.

10. James Cameron's Sanctum is at number ten.

9. Never Let Me Go. An adaptation of the Japanese tell weaver, Ishiguro. I'm not sure this film made any impact in the US. Andrew Garfield, my man to watch, is in it people.

8. The Fighter. See? Old school.

7. Black Swan. Hanging in there. It's down three places from 4 last week. That's disturbing.

6. Just Go With It. Down from being a new release last week. The British have some sense after all, lol.

5. Yogi Bear. Yogi Bear? I saw the film. Let's just say nothing one says can spoil it. And I'm not being nice.

4. True Grit. Ah. An American John Wayne-ish western lasting this long here is cool.

3. Tangled. I'll see this film today. See what's the big deal.

2. The King's Speech. What? I'm terribly surprised this movie is still ALL the way up here.

1. And at the pinnacle this week is what I think is going to be an appaling film: Gnomeo and Juliet. Hiss.

Apparently the US top ten has been updated and rearranged and the list of yesterday is outdated. I'll modify or post a new one later.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by justkunmi(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2011
Green Hornet looked nice with the preview. .but we all know how Seth Rogen can ruin a potentially good movie. I'll check it out tho. . been a while I saw Cameron Diaz do anythin tho,

@vesc. .
good work with this thread. twould mos def keep me coming here everyweek. .
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2011
Thanks, JK. Hope I don't get exhausted. This ain't easy. Seems there was a Green Hornet with Bruce Lee in it. I'm not sure

The US box office looks good. Here's the new top ten.

10. No Strings Attached. Close to an exit. Down from seven of last week.

9. The Eagle. Not a favourite in the US apparently. Down from fourth spot and I expect it to disappear altogether next week.

8. The Roommate. The title of this film just inspires me with boredom.

7. The King's Speech. Now here's a fighter. Hanging in there but down from sixth last week.

6. Justin Bieber. Never Say Never. Mtschew

5. Big Momma: Like Father, Like Son. Double mtschew.

4. Just Go With It. Down from top spot last week.

3. Gnomeo and Juliet. Stayed put exactly where it was. Delicate balance like this come crashing down soon enough.

2. I Am Number Four is making its debut at number two. It's a modest film, no? Claiming fourth, lol. Seems my kinda stuff. Brought to you by the guy that gave us Disturbia and Eagle Eye. Only thing missing is Shia whose stock may have risen too high these days.

1. And at numero uno is Unknown. Unknown stars a favourite of mine, Liam Neeson, who I thought passed away when Leslie Nielson did. Story seems thin though but Liam is a great thickener.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2011
By the way, JK, check the other new thread.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2011
@vescucci
Nice thread. But why dedicate to only iice? cheesy
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by justkunmi(m): 5:10pm On Feb 22, 2011
vesc. .
seen. !

Miley Cyrus had a movie. .
Justin Beiber too has a movie. . lipsrsealed smh
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ah, Obinna, I've been asking myself that same question and the best I could come up with is that all the letters of her name are in mine.

JK. Who's Cyrus? A viral disease? Like the Bieber plague or fever?
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by kadman(m): 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2011
vescucci:

Bro, was that really necessary ? It's not even her movie.

Apart from that good job and thread !
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2011
Lol. Your faithfulness bring tears to my eyes. Anyways, I meant she's taking time out to relax from her usual high intensity and highly strung roles. A compliment in my view o.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2011
going to watch "Just Go With It" just bcus supermodel Brooklyn decker is in it
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
I don't even know who that is
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 7:56am On Feb 27, 2011
THE LAST AIRBENDER wins 5 awards which includes Worst Picture and Worst Director at the 31st Golden Raspberry Awards.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
The U.S. Box Office top ten

10. The Roommate. At number 8 last week, it is the latest film to be turning the doorknob.

9. Drive Angry. A new film last week is having an awful outing at number 9 this week. It's about . . . . . oh never mind. It has Nicolas Cage in it. I noticed this guy produces almost all of the films he acts in nowadays. I'll check this one out.

8. Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son. Number 8. Mtschew.

7. The King's Speech is keeping its spot at number 7. Surely the Oscar ceremony had something to do with that.

6. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Also keeping its spot at number 6. Wonder why though.

5. I am Number Four is at number 5 this week. Closer to home, a la its title, than last week's second spot. At this rate, it'll be a doorknober next week.

4. Just Go With It is also keeping its fourth position from last week. This week's top ten sure is funny.

3. Unknown is dropped two places from top spot last week and is at number 3.

2. Hall Pass is making its debut at second spot. A Farrelly brothers film. I've been wondering when these dudes would come outta hibernation. And look, they gave Christina Applegate and Alyssa Milano work. The film's about two guys who are given temporary freedom from marital obligations (or maybe even the status). It already sounds funny.

1. An unusual thing happened this week and it's an upward movement and not just to anywhere but to top spot and by a film I'm already not a fan of without even watching it. Gnomeo and Juliet makes it to number one. A scary thing indeedy

It's a wrap. UK next
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
The U.K. Box Office top ten

10. Black Swan is at the door but it's enjoyed a long long stay and deservedly so. Adieu.

9. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. I got one word for this film, NEVER! It's 9th on its debut. Apparently many British people are saying NEVER! They got the vaccine to the fever.

8. Just Go With It is going away steadily and is down two places from sixth last week.

7. Tangled is seventh from third last week and it's a bit of a shame. I enjoyed this movie in spite of myself. It no longer features on the US box office but it arrived later in the UK and that's why it's still here.

6. Yogi Bear is sixth, a position lower than fifth last week. There must be something to this film and I'll go see it.

5. Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son. Mtschew. Debuting at fifth

4. The British love True Grit more than people in Texas o. Retaining its spot at fourth. Or maybe they're just trying to make it feel better for winning no Oscar at all.

3. The King's Speech is at third place from last week's runner up position and it's moving in slow motion down the charts. I tip it to set a record for the longest stay on the UK top ten. When I think of LOTR or Avatar, I think I'll lose money

2. Gnomeo and Juliet is at number two and down from top spot last week. I must have misjudged this movie. I just don't like the idea. Might turn out to be fun

1. Paul, a sci-fi comedy with the abominable Seth Rogen among its cast. The story sounds silly but that's what many successful comedies are made of, silly stories. It's numero uno in the UK and nowhere to be found in the US. Don't look at me, I only shot the sheriff and that's all.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 3:37am On Mar 01, 2011
the roommate still top 10 smiley
the best movie in feb cool

justin beiber is in 3d? 3d don suffer!
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by obinna5000(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
ijaw_girl:

justin beiber is in 3d? 3d don suffer!

@ijaw_girl
3-D has been over abused. cry
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 6:33pm On Mar 01, 2011
lol

where can i watch roommate online?
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 4:12am On Mar 02, 2011
"Just go with it"

the funniest movie ever. Not a big Adam Sandler fan but the guy iz awesome in this movie. Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman =brilliant

we all cldnt stop laughing at the cinema. the best movie to end the day

98%
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
well, March 25th
some girl action hero sturvs
the preview looks aiit

Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2011
The U.S. box office is the it was last week. It's either that or I haven't been treated.

The U.K. box office without further ado.

10. Debuting at last place is West Is West. It is a reuniting of the original cast of what seemed to be a sensation in the UK. East Is East was the original and West Is West features a return to Punjabi ways by the Khan family to learn some home truths. It all sounds like something Wes Anderson woulda directed but this was done by one Andy De Emmony.

9. True Grit drops five places from fourth. Probably due to the flux of new movies. I predict a struggle before it finally disappears.

8. No Strings Attached is only just making its debut in the UK. It may be a hit. It may be a miss.

7. Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son. Down two places. Mtschew.

6. The King's Speech is sixth now and was third last week. Probably cuz every British person has already seen it. What's left are the immigrants and visitors and etc.

5. Tangled is probably a favourite of only me. Loved the film, in spite of myself. It's up two places this week. Yeah!

4. Yogi Bear is also up two places. I've still not come around to checking it out. It must be a pleasant surprise.

3. I Am Number Four is debuting at third. It gives me the Jumper vibe but it may be better.

2. Paul is down from top spot and is runner up this week.

1. In the U.S. Gnomeo and Juliet planned and executed a successful coup. Now it's happened in the U.K. too. I swear it's trying to take the world over. Gnomeo and Juliet is up from third. Numero uno film in the U.K. for this week.

That's all folks!
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2011
uhm Beastly such a lame movie

unrealistic, just blank

oh nooooo
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2011
This is coming in late. The list is a bit old.

The U.S. box office top ten

10. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. I say again: Never! The film is down from sixth and it's got one foot out the door

9. I Am Number Four is down four places too and it comes in at ninth. It's having a hard time competing, no doubt.

8. Another four steps downer is the romcom, Just Go With It. Some people say it's a good film. Probably that means you won't get sudden Asperger's when you see it.

7. The King's Speech is holding down its spot at seventh. If I'm not mistaken, the British seem to have gotten over the movie. Probably cuz no one will pay to watch a movie at the cinema twice.

6. Unknown is down three spots and is sixth this week. It's doing pretty well considering there have been exactly three new entries in the top ten. Coming soon, those.

5. Gnomeo and Juliet, the film I love to hate on and that I've totally been unfairly biased about for no reason at all, is down four places and is fifth. Go, bad belle, go.

4. Hall Pass. Down from second last week. Owen Wilson is in this film. Keep your brain in the freezer but tell someone you trust or you might forget not to go back for it.

3. Beastly. One of the three new entries. If there's anything worse than the love-child of The Covenant and any Twilight movie, this is it. I won't even bother with a synopsis lest I get brain damage. There's one Vanessa in it who is supposed to be some kinda celebrity. Pfff

2. The Adjustment Bureau. Matt Damon, who picks his roles and not the other way around, is always awesome. Unfortunately, the film is a collage of cliched ideas from the series Flash Forward to the films, Next, Deja vu and more. It's basically about a dude, Damon, who somehow sees what's in store for his future and he seeks to change it for he doesn't like it. I'm sure it will be spun in an original and refreshing way.

1. I'm even more excited about the number one movie. Funny, I don't think I heard about this movie at all when it was in the works. It's called Rango and it's an animation about a chameleon suffering from an identity crisis. That enough is enough to get you interested but there's more, Johnny Depp lends his voice to the chameleon.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by vescucci(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2011
The U.K. box office top ten.

10. Yogi Bear has dropped a phenomenal six places to last. An equal feat to its being here like since forever.

9. West Is West is up a place this week and I don't expect the rise to continue.

8. True Grit is also up a place. This one is a real fighter.

7. I Am Number Four is down four places this week. It's not doing great on any list.

6. Gnomeo and Juliet is sixth freefalling from top spot last week. Cool. Lol

5. The King's Speech is up a place to fifth, giving lie to the opinions I expressed in the U.S. list.

4. Paul. The film only on the U.K. list for some reason is down two spots.

3. Unknown is just making itself known in the U.K. and it debuts at third.

2. The Adjustment Bureau is making its debut too at second place same as the U.S.

1. A similar turn of events have found Rango emerge as number one. As expected I'd say.
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by Vieira(m): 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2011
ijaw_girl:

well, March 25th
some girl action hero sturvs
the preview looks aiit

I am down for this, Synder does visual treats like no other!
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by iice(f): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
Ahhh caro, grazie cheesy
But why are you driving me away from your other thread? sad tongue

I wanna see sucker punch since i'm a huge Synder fan
Re: US And UK Box Office. New Releases. News And Rumours by ijawgirl: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
fans of twilight--go and watch red riding hood!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Favorite Nigerian Movies? / Big Brother Africa Postponed Due To Fire Incident At BBA House In SA! / Emmanuel Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.