Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? (5679 Views)

Femi Adebayo Resumes Work As Special-Adviser To Governor Fatai / Valentine: Femi Adebayo Surprises LASTMA Officials With Gifts(photos) / Nancy Of HipTv And Femi Adebayo In Cute Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by naijays: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2011
This movie brings back Jenifa's brand of humour in another hilarious style. Tells the funny tale of 5 village guys who pretended to be a girl to vie for a catchy price they couldn't resist in a beauty pageant. The hilarious movie focused on what these guys went through disguising as a woman,i mean the cat walk, sexy body and voice displayed by these gays. Fantastic movie with talented casts, overwhelmed by Femi Adebayo, Odunlade Adekola muyiwa ademola's roles in the movie. Inclusion of funke akindele, baba wande helps this movie attain universal appeal (trusted for making good hilarious movies), but dont be carried away, funke played a minor role in the movie. The movie centered on a village boy named jelili who is known with this bad habit of farting (with smoke coming out of his ass) in public and other stupid acts that made some village people rebuke him. Jelili somewhat like jenifa has this big chance of going outside the village to overseas this time and not the city like jenifa provided he wins a competition. And it ended up that Jelili dreamt that he won the competition as he was taken abroad, but unfortunately, he messed up during a meeting with some white men, Jelili got over the dream, coming back to life noticing he has wet the bed with urine in his sleep read more on. http://thisisjs.com
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by xreal: 11:46am On Feb 22, 2011
lol, I would like to see the movie.

. . . I mean, Funke spent some time with the locals in Ilorin, just to learn more of their acts, gesture and Ilorin's Yoruba-accent; before the making of 'Jenifa'.

Seeing Femi Adebayo, the Ilorin boy himself in a similar role . . . the flows must be so natural.
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by spikedcylinder: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2011
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by googles: 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2011
cheesy cheesy

very stooooopid movie. . .Odunlade acting gay was just so. . .well,gay undecided
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by Tosinville(m): 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2011
lol
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by ikamefa(f): 1:46am On Feb 23, 2011
totally fell in love with odunlade in this movie, hehehe! what a name! sis kola  grin grin

his fave remark was: ta lo loshi?
                  answer: iyalaya won lo loshi  grin grin grin

i still think jenifa is the funniest and the best!
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by favouredjb(f): 11:08am On Feb 24, 2011
lol

taloloshi!

its kinda funny tho
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
watched d movie n it was soooooooo funny.it simed more of a farce dan a comedy to me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by ragdollz: 5:29am On Feb 26, 2011
Gosh, watched "Jelili" last week with my cousins, loved it! Funnier than "Jenifa"?? Hell YEAH grin!! There was a part I laffed so hard for like 5mins non-stop, I thot I'd pass out. Like when that guy was being beat up by the mad pple at the mental home just so he could win. Or the Calabar guy who went to the church and got roasted by candle wax just to secure the crown grin. And of course, Sisi Kola falling asleep and then turning the clock back to midnight to perform the rites for him - sorry her, to win grin.

Synopsis: Jelili was like the village unrepentant i-diot, who went up trees just so he could pee on people's heads, who ate the "sacrifices" kept by others to appease gods - and who generally brought shame to his home grin. He however stepped on one toe too many and got struck with the jinx of wetting his bed by night and farting uncontrollably and stinkingly by day :X grin.

Luck took him to the city, where he and four other guys start a quest to win a grand prize of cars, money and clothes in a competition.
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by likeithot(f): 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2011
Jelili was funny but i think Jenifa was funnier, anyways, both have different story lines.

Sisi Kola is just madt, d funniest part was when he tried not to sleep so he could use his jazz at 12midnight. He put his legs into a bucket of water and still slept, woke up at 2am and turned the clock back to 12, lwtmb
Re: Femi Adebayo's Movie, Jelili More Hilarious Than Funke Akindele's Jenifa? by sweetguy10(m): 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
No nigerian move has ever made me laugh like Jellili . I'm not a Nigerian movie fan but somehow met some friends watching it so I Joined them , i had to borrow the movie so I could rewatch . I laughed so hard tears streamed down my face , darn !! it's so interesting I love it far better then jenifa( which i did not see)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Jennifer Lopez Stríp Down To Her Brá And Undíes / See Amazing Picture Of Wizkid And Tiwa Salvage That Got Fans Talking / Actress Angela Okorie Exposes Her Underwear As She Step Out In See-Through Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.