Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

What Book Would You Like To See In A Book Club - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Book Would You Like To See In A Book Club (938 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / What Book Impacted You The Most? / What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Book Would You Like To See In A Book Club by bimmyd2000(f): 11:46am On Feb 22, 2011
Hello Nairalanders,

i am about to open a book club in lagos and i need your advise. The club will be open for people from ages 5 -70 years (or 100 if possible, lol). What i will like to know now is:

1) Which books will you like to see in a Novel Club
2) Which authors and what genre of books pull crowd.
3) For the younger kids which books will you give them money for to go and get in a book club.
4)How important is location.
5) Where can i source for these books at cheaper rates
6)Any professional librarian or book lovers in the house that can help or does anyone have books to sell at cheaper rates or have books they need to get rid of or donate.
7)Any other ideas please,

Thanks
Re: What Book Would You Like To See In A Book Club by ayosmiles(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2011
Your book club will not be complete without Tope Apoola's Times of the Supermen. It is the first NIgerian science-fiction. It is very interesting and highly intellectual.
Check www.ideologyera for a reveiw
Re: What Book Would You Like To See In A Book Club by ayosmiles(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2011
Re: What Book Would You Like To See In A Book Club by tpia1: 1:20am On Jul 16, 2014
you could open one here on nairaland just to sample opinions.

anyway, update?

(1) (Reply)

Abia State And` The Burden Of Bad Leadership / The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / Ghetto Dwan (gangster Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.