Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,157 members, 7,780,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! (59507 Views)

My Experience With Naija Rats (photo) / Dirty Habits We Should Get Rid Of / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Carlosein(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
mr.official:

LWTMB!

I killed so many with rat poison. But it's like they reinforce immediately. Another part is that, they don't dry up after eating the poison. They'll begin smelling, and by that, i'll have to look for the rat and then throw it out. *unnecessary wahala* I don't like rat gum, i believe a big rat like the one in my house will use the rat gum as shoe for protection. grin

ROTFLMAO grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by peacettw: 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
This reminds me of a documentary i watched on National Geographic channel done in india. These people were literally worshipping rats which were in their thousands. They ate rat poop and will drink milk dt thousands of rats have eaten from. I really tot that there were no better horror movie made and to think that it was all real just made it more grotesque. Googled for it and got this link news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0628_040628_tvrats.html Rats Rule at Indian Temple Sharon Guynup and Nicolas Ruggia National Geographic Channel June 29, 2004 The floors are a living tangle of undulating fur. Small, brown blurs scurry across marble floors. Thousands of rats dine with people and scamper over their feet. It may sound like a nightmare from the New York City subway to some, but in India's small northwestern city of Deshnoke, this is a place of worship: Rajastan's famous Karni Mata Temple,
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by zayhal(f): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
peacettw:

This reminds me of a documentary i watched on National Geographic channel done in india. These people were literally worshipping rats which were in their thousands. They ate rat poop and will drink milk dt thousands of rats have eaten from. I really tot that there were no better horror movie made and to think that it was all real just made it more grotesque. Googled for it and got this link news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0628_040628_tvrats.html Rats Rule at Indian Temple Sharon Guynup and Nicolas Ruggia National Geographic Channel June 29, 2004 The floors are a living tangle of undulating fur. Small, brown blurs scurry across marble floors. Thousands of rats dine with people and scamper over their feet. It may sound like a nightmare from the New York City subway to some, but in India's small northwestern city of Deshnoke, this is a place of worship: Rajastan's famous Karni Mata Temple,

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Carlosein(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
peacettw:

i guess one man's rat is another man's god worship item lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by cold(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
I found a video of it.This is sickening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACzWdSfZXmw
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Carlosein(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2011
@video: see the man who ate the rat's leftovers lipsrsealed
eeeewwww!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by harakiri(m): 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
Rats once ate my school fees during my university days. Try eating out 4 some weeks and leave no food except its poisoned 4 them.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by babseg(m): 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
I was a victim too but i show dem say na me get house. I just asked my wife to prepare one solid soup for our special flat mate.

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Feraz(m): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
If na FB, the poster for get responses like this? Many funny responses here. Una never see when you go wake up for night make you go urinate, see em rats dey hold meeting for your house (whether them wan pursue you, i know know)? I hate the ones they call asin cos when approaching you, they have this confidence that they are unique from other rats (of which they are cos of the poison they carry) and know you'll jump out of the way for them. I 4kin hate em squeals and the most annoying part is if a rat enters a room, it leaves a scent for others to follow of which they start coming into that room
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by frankjoe(m): 12:05am On Feb 26, 2011
Just prepare some explosives and keep them closer to their main party place. Once they trigger it all of them will be welcome into hell.
OR
You can use gammalin 20 (insecticide) to finish them off.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by tithe(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
Just got the solution, i have decided to stop any cooking or buying of provision in the house again. I will be eating outside for the next 45days, let me see if they will not all die of starvation. Tanx for the suggestions

2 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Busybody2(f): 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2011
tithe:

Just got the solution, i have decided to stop any cooking or buying of provision in the house again. I will be eating outside for the next 45days, let me see if they will not all die of starvation. Tanx for the suggestions

Guessed you missed where someone wrote that they will start feasting on other non-food stuffs once there is no food for them to graze on grin Learn to share and don't be stingy na, God created these creatures too afterall so why not learn to be your brother's keeper, God loves a cheerful giver y'know wink cheesy

babseg:

I was a victim too but i show dem say na me get house. I just asked my wife to prepare one solid soup for our special flat mate.

Chei, ya own rats don go international, don dey wear hazel contact lenses too sef tongue
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by tithe(m): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
I now realise that rat menace is not just my problem but a national issue, and issues like this should get to the nationals assembly, for debate and possible solution. Because when their population grows to 1000:1 of nigerian citizen, they will surely take over.  think about it
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by mrofficial(m): 12:39am On Feb 27, 2011
Busy_body:

Guessed you missed where someone wrote that they will start feasting on other non-food stuffs once there is no food for them to graze on grin Learn to share and don't be stingy na, God created these creatures too afterall so why not learn to be your brother's keeper, God loves a cheerful giver y'know wink cheesy

Leave him. He'll turn his house to food warehouse after which the rats have eaten his documents, bags, clothes, doors, e.t.c. They'll even excavate to see if tithe's foods are being kept underground  grin

tithe, when you begin sweep sands every morning, u go change your mind.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by biolabee(m): 11:08am On Feb 27, 2011
abeg this asin rat wetin be the english name
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by mrofficial(m): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2011
^ long mouth rat grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 27, 2011
cold:

I found a video of it.This is sickening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACzWdSfZXmw

Chai!! See free meat o, imagine. No need for grocery shopping.
Just put one of those rats on a stick, season am well well, and fry am. chai!! The white ones are the sweetest.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Carlosein(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2011
mr.official:

^ long mouth rat grin

1. long teeth rat 2. smelly rat grin grin

seriously, i think in these parts, they are refered to as mouse, while the others are rats.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by mrofficial(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2011
^ It should be given another name, so people can know it's the dangerous one, and not just oridnary mouse like they call it.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by 190: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ultrame:

Ha! O ga o! This rat infestation thing is a serious matter.

I was a victim too. I kept waking up consistently around 2 am because I had some very large rats in my ceiling. They make all sorts of annoyingly loud noises that would rob me of sleep and it almost drove me crazy. Picture a man poking at his roof with a mop stick in the middle of the night!!! Yeah, that was me.

One night i just got fed up.

On my way from work, I bought some rat poison (the one in a sachet) from a mallam and some fried fish from a local BUKA. (The young lady that sold the fish thought i was going to soak gaari with the fish because i couldn’t afford a 'proper' meal and she awkwardly offered me some food. LOL.  I quickly explained myself).

When i got home, I soaked gaari with some of the fish  grin grin grin

(Don’t blame me! the scent was so irresistibly sweet and feeding the whole lot to some useless vermin made my blood boil) I applied the poison to the rest of the fish and entered my ceiling with it.

I spread the fish/poison in a way the rats could not miss it. i spread it everywhere.

Less than 30 minutes later, they came to feed and I’ve not heard from them since then. I didn’t even bother checking for their remains, for as long as there was no smell in my apartment and no noise in my ceiling, I’m cool.

So, here’s my advice my friend:  Buy some fried fish and rat poison and spread it everywhere (only do this if you don’t have little children or pets) and regain your lost apartment.

Cheers

KNOCK OUT

POST OF THE YEAR!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by 190: 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2011
kollyp2000:

No body suggest GLUE, or RAT GUM. I enjoy killing them with gum, those rats that used to run from me and can't catch, I will just place gum at the corner of my kitchen and see all of them packing on top of each other in the morning attempting to run by can't, lol

K.O

ANOTHER KNOCK OUT OF THE YEAR POST!!
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by wissythots(f): 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
hy,
contact
benson - 08032126739
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by v3: 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2011
Try farting in the holes were they hide and seal it up. Swear down, they'll die in no time.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2011
v3:

Try farting in the holes were they hide and seal it up. Swear down, they'll die in no time.
grin grin grin grin grin grin Best post so far. V3, u have one heck of an imagination.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by Goldieluks: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2011
Try keeping your house clean and tidy.Rats and insects always find a dirty environment,a suitable and permanent place of abode.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by IloveSable(f): 1:04am On Mar 04, 2011
Okay i wood freak out if i had rats like that in my house but they wouldn't live because my dog wood kill them if i was you i wood get a dog that likes to kill rats or poison them. smiley
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by lastpage: 4:15am On Mar 05, 2011
All along, l have suspicions about this person called "tithe"! shocked
You know the adage that says "show me your friends and l will tell you who you are"?
Now, RATS are very "angry creatures" and just watch how "angry" tithe will get at me in "its" next post and you will understand what l am driving at! tongue
So far you've been treating them with kid gloves. For a problem of this magnitude you need professional help. Get a company that does fumigation and let them fumigate your house and environs. If you live in a block of flats get your neighbours to go along with you on it if not they'll only take refuge there and come back later. We did this two years running now and am yet to see a rat.

I saw this post earlier and it reminded me of what happened in my work place some years back.
The Rats have taken over the multi-storey building and are known to hold-up the lift whenever they want to go upstairs during early morning forays.
[/b]Apparently, they ran out of luck one day when they kept the M.D waiting for the lift for almost 5minutes and when it finally came down, they scared the hell out of the M.D when three, well-groomed Mammy rats with bulging bosoms bumped into the poor guy unexpectedly!
To cut long story short, he declared a FATWA on them.

I advised against it (having been a victim of rat bite at a tender age, you know the "eat and blow" stuff that reduces ALL your toes to the same size by the time you wake up?)
Against all common sense, this our M.D (a dictator like Ghadafi!)brought in a [b]Fumigation Company
and they placed some smelly stuff in all corners of the offices after spraying some foul-smelling chemical that sent more staff to the hospital than the damned rats they were meant for!

To cut the long story short, the Rats made our M.D to regret his action! tongue
They left his couch, papers and even left food that was in the cafeteria untouched BUT headed  straight to our "secure" I.T room!
They caused mayhem by eating ALL our OPTIC FIBRE CABLES! These is a place that is as clean as you can imagine!!

The damage they caused, in terms of money is better imagined than seen.
Since that day, l have learnt to "respect Rats" and treat them like fellow human beings (I even suspect some humans turn to rats at night! lipsrsealed )
Those rats were able to identify the expensive cables (like Fibre cables, SCSI cables, Router Cables, e.t.c) and destroy them, while leaving cheap cables like Printer and Keyboard Cables untouched!, it made me conclude that they are possessed by the devil himself!

For those advising the poster to buy "Indocid or da-BOMB", l will suggest you leave your home address along with your advise! (they will surely pay you a visit and them lets see what happens wink
Because you just want to endanger the life of that poster over a "trivial (tithe?) misunderstanding" between Landlord and tenant! wink
Those Rats are ready to eat small children or even you sef (in case you have non) if you declare war on them! I have given you the story above so you dont listen to bad advise)
And if you think some fat, good for nothing, imported Cat from The U.K will help you. (appears the ones in Naija have sworn an oath of allegiance to the Rats, since the Rats began to eat their offsprings), think again!.
I have seen the fat idiots in action! They play "cat and mouse" with them like they are from the same mother! shocked Useless Muther-fuckars!
Even if you kill a Rat and put it inside a Burger for them, they would not eat it and would rather report you to the NCPCA for cruelty to a fellow animal!

Let me end by suggesting you follow my style, Rats dont ever bother me now, since my childhood experience grin
1.) Call a "National Conference" in your house, with the Rats
2.) Tell them you recognize their need for "change and democracy" and apologize to them for "bad-mouthing them on NL (You think they are not aware, right?  shocked shocked)
3.) Grant then human rights by: creating a small enough hole on your door for entry so they dont have to use force or chew-off the whole door (and l hear they easily get pissed-off when you make them work hard for something wink ).
4.) Buy a low-side, wide basket and put it in one corner of your living room (where people can eat and watch TV at the same time) and put assorted food inside, especially the types you mentioned above (its obvious thats what they like to eat, dont put cardboard or tissue paper there else, your big toe will suddenly disappear over night!)
5.) Finally, dont act like Ghadafi, "Know when to leave the house for them, when they start jumping on you while you're asleep"! Its an indication of "civil unrest amongst the population" otherwise, they may not only overthrow you in the house, what if they hold you hostage and no one is aware?

Once in a while, buy them Obalende Suya (l hear thats one way to win their votes and confidence grin )
Bloody, squinting, black, beady-eyed bast*rds are running the show now, like it or get eaten! shocked

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by biolabee(m): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2011
lastpage:

The Rats have taken over the multi-storey building and are known to hold-up the lift whenever they want to go upstairs during early morning forays. [/color][/b]Apparently, they ran out of luck one day when they kept the M.D waiting for the lift for almost 5minutes and when it finally came down, they scared the hell out of the M.D when three, well-groomed Mammy rats with bulging bosoms bumped into the poor guy unexpectedly!
To cut long story short, he declared a FATWA on them.

They caused mayhem by eating ALL our OPTIC FIBRE CABLES! These is a place that is as clean as you can imagine!!

U NO WELL LOL!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by denzel2009: 12:35pm On Mar 05, 2011
Apart from prayer and fasting or having a pact with them to move to your neighbours,there's no solution. If you do fumigate,theyll probably have flu for few days and I bet they have GPs too.

They are so intelligent with mouse traps that they deactivate it before eating the bait.As for the glue,they will roll their eyes and run past it until the glue is totally dry and then eat the bait.
If you decide to starve them you are in trouble,they will leave your flipflops and eat your best shoes and probably do number 1 and number 2 on your bright coloured dresses. The bigger ones are not really the problem,they small ones will frustrate you to the fullest.
The tiny ones ate and disconnected my dad's loudspeaker while he was playing his favourite music before.

Yes there are rats in London,I saw them in the underground.
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by lepasharon(f): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2011
A grin grin
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by lekeey: 2:32am On Jul 02, 2013
cold: When i was still running a poultry i suffered from the op's predicament.Ol' boy those rats were a menace,i'd arrive the poultry one morning and discover a chicken had been decapitated  shocked no exaggerations.So i consulted some of my customers on how they preserve their eggs from rats & one of them recommended some kind of poison,it's called shayin bera (rat tea).It's bluish in color,you sprinkle it in water and put it in strategic places.The first time I tried it i arrived the next day & counted 112 dead rats  shocked.It worked like magic,the next day 89 & the next 64 it kept decreasing to the barest minimum cuz in truth you can't entirely decimate a rat population around a farm.

When they start to avoid the water i'll apply it all over fish or sprinkle it in cracked eggs & also through crevices whilst patching up holes & fumigating breeding grounds.Damn!Those days were hectic  cheesy

Pls what is the brand name for that rat tea and where can I get it?
Re: Rats: How Do I Get Rid Of These Rats! by cycline404(m): 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
FUMIGATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

That Moment A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene When Watching With Your Parents / Nigerian Man in US Whose Wife Threw Him Out His Own Home Speaks (vid) / Why Do Most Wives Deny Their Husbands Sex? They Need To CHANGE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.