Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

‘enioluwa Needs Your Prayers’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘enioluwa Needs Your Prayers’ (1231 Views)

Kidnapper Of Lagos School Girls Begs For Prayers / There Is A Nigerian Astronaut In Space,he Needs Your Help. / Man Gives Stolen SUV To Pastor For Prayers For Barren Wife To Conceive (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘enioluwa Needs Your Prayers’ by Ovularia: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2011
**************************Please can this story be put on the front page of NL - Thanks **************

‘Enioluwa needs your prayers’

By Adeola Adeyemo

February 23, 2011 04:18AM

The family of 10-month-old Enioluwa Odegbaike who went missing 11 days ago has called on Nigerians to pray for the return of their baby because other efforts to find the child has proved abortive.

A member of the family who refused to give his name, said in a telephone interview with NEXT that the mother of the baby remains traumatised by the experience.

“She just wants to be left alone. All we need from Nigerians is their prayers that he is found and in good health,” he said.

The child was taken away from his parents’ home in Magodo, Lagos by his nanny on Sunday, February 13 and was never seen again. The nanny is believed to be working with some unknown persons.

Useful leads

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State Police command, Samuel Jinadu, said the police has arrested the man who acted as the nanny’s referee and introduced her to the Odegbaike’s home. He is reportedly being questioned by the police.

“The person who introduced the nanny to the family has been arrested and is being quizzed by the police. The case has been transferred to the State CID. All efforts are being made to find the missing boy. The case is still under investigation.” He said.

Underground kidnapping in Lagos

The spate of kidnapping in recent times has led many victims and their families to find various means of finding their loved ones who go missing.

The Internet, through websites, BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms have become tools that residents now use to spread news of kidnapping and other crimes in the state.

When five-year-old Sharon Omolayo was kidnapped from her school, Avicenna International School, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos by a trusted employee, on December 13, 2010, the Internet played a major role in spreading the news of her kidnap.

For the seven days she went missing, her pictures and that of her abductor was widely circulated online through several blogs, websites, Facebook and Twitter and within a few days, her name and pictures were imbedded in the minds of almost every Internet user within the country and abroad.

“It was hard not to see her,” said Efemena Mayo, a student. “Her pictures were everywhere. I first got it on my BlackBerry. Then I saw it on Facebook, Twitter, and different blogs. Before I knew it, I was looking closely at every young girl I passed on the street to see if she was Sharon because she had a birth mark on her face that was hard to miss.”

According to David Ogburn, Principal of Avicenna International School, the Internet was a very helpful tool in circulating information about Miss Omolayo, and once the information got on to Facebook, it spread quickly.

Also, when the duo of Ify Eneli and Michael Neri were kidnapped on Friday January 28 while leaving a night club in Victoria Island, Lagos, their pictures and the information about their kidnap spread quickly over the Internet with friends and family members asking for the support of the people in helping to find them.

They were released some days later after their families paid a ransom to their abductors and this information was again circulated over the Internet.

Recently, a picture of missing 10-month old Enioluwa Odegbaike has been circulated over the Internet, ensuring that more and more people get to know about the kidnap and lookout for him.

Still searching for Enioluwa

According to a release by the family, any information concerning the missing child should be reported to the nearest police station.

“If you have any information about Enioluwa or the nanny no matter how trivial, please call 07085534788, or the nearest police station. Enioluwa’s mother (Foluso) can be reached on this number, 08022228422,” said the family member who refused to comment further on the issue.

If you have any information concerning the disappearance of Enioluwa Odegbaike please call the numbers above or send a mail to metro@234next.com

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5679290-146/story.csp

Re: ‘enioluwa Needs Your Prayers’ by chillbabe(f): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2011
If god ever give me a third child i will put a tracking divice on my child and the nanny. If they can put it on dogs why not on my most valueble asset. Nigeria is becomming something else. Very sad i pray they find this baby.
Re: ‘enioluwa Needs Your Prayers’ by Seun(m): 12:51am On Feb 27, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Lebanese Mother Of 5 Kids Says She Became An Armed Robber To Pay School Fees! / Fire Outbreak At Idimu Right Now / Attempted Murder: Nigerian Man Shoot Texas State Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.