Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely (20511 Views)

Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by ifeolu002(m): 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
2day 23rd feb OAU shut down due to students reaction to school fees increment
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
I'm on my way back to Lag. It is such a shame that the adminstration took this line of action when thier authorities have yet to be undermined by the protesting students. I love the level of doggedness shown by the leadership of the student union, but then we need to stoop sometimes,in order to conquer.
I sincerely hope that the academic activities will resume as soon as possible since nothing was damaged in the course of the protest.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by juneita: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
pls wen re we resuming
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by ugopeter(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
OF THE GREATEST IFE, GREAT,,,,ARTICULATE IFE, ARTICULATE,,,EVER-VIGILANT IFE, EVER-VIGILANT.abeg oooooo the governing board should pls try to reduce the fee even if na small.pls re-open the skool for the sake of GOD
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by LordBabs(m): 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
The die is cast! After several attempts of ruse to decoy,debilitate,demoralise and browbeat the freshmen and particularly the SUG, i gravely commend the school administrators' shenanigans coupled with their puerile craftiness and pompousity as inflagrantedelicto of this honourable institution. However, conducting the matriculation service under this background of palpable poignancy is not only unacademical,but also impure and sardonic! This is just one of the subjective price one pays for combating corruption. Let's grasp the lesson in this 'unrelenting' struggle; "do not grow in the ways your fathers grew!" our intellectuality should not be aimed at 'possessive oppression' of the masses, rather 'possessive protection' of the masses! GREAT IFE!!! Signed: LORD BABS
FACULTY OF LAW
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by dragnet: 7:06am On Feb 24, 2011
Lord Babs:

The die is cast! After several attempts of ruse to decoy,debilitate,demoralise and browbeat the freshmen and particularly the SUG, i gravely commend the school administrators' shenanigans coupled with their puerile craftiness and pompousity as inflagrantedelicto of this honourable institution. However, conducting the matriculation service under this background of palpable poignancy is not only unacademical,but also impure and sardonic! This is just one of the subjective price one pays for combating corruption. Let's grasp the lesson in this 'unrelenting' struggle; "do not grow in the ways your fathers grew!" our intellectuality should not be aimed at 'possessive oppression' of the masses, rather 'possessive protection' of the masses! GREAT IFE!!! Signed: LORD BABS
FACULTY OF LAW
must u post this jargon evrywhere?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
It is no more news that the gates of great ife has been closed indefinitely. It is obvious that students of great ife are lamenting at this barbaric decision made by faborode and his team of corrupt bastards. My question now is- Who is to be blamed for the current state of our darling alumni? Is it the sug, or the school management?? To be frank with the truth, they both share the blame! The sug surely did not plan well right from the beggining of this struggle. Several faults can be pointed out in the way they handled this issue. On the other hand, the school management shares most of the blame, considering the unjustified increase in acceptance fees of freshers which i belief is totally wrong and the calls made by the sug to the school management to refund our money is totally justified. But at the end of the day, we the students are bearing the brunt. I hereby wish to urge the student union, to use better and more effective means of achieving their aims and objectives which would not lead into unfavourable circumstances as we are experiencing now. I for one is not in anyway against the sug, infact my body, spirit and soul is in 'accordion' with the beliefs of members of the sug but i refuse to be in agreement with the jargonic agenda of which was used to handle the issue at hand. I will not agree to an agenda that would not bring results but would rather punish us the more. GREAT IFE!!! Signed: Tunsbobo- Department of Accounting.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Mobinga: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
What makes this school "GREAT"?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by A40(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Endless strikes of course
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by oludashmi(f): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Every quality that makes a great academic environment and personalities
I dint grad there but I acknowledge them alot cos I used to visit and know their worth. . .still wish I can run a prog there.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
Mobinga:

you must be a fool for asking such a stupid question.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by femmy2010(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
Great IFE is indeed Great.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Pethan: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Great Ife indid, great ife my ass! foolish  angry angry angry angry sad sad sad
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Odunnu: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2011
Tunsbobo:

you must be a fool for asking such a silly question.
Do you have to 'showcase' your level of maturity here?
Thats an innocent question from someone who doesnt know just like me,see the aggressiveness in your reply.
Answer the damn question if you know it.
'What makes it great?'
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by ifyalways(f): 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
Tunsbobo:

Signed: Tunsbobo- Department of Accounting.
Lord Babs:

Signed: LORD BABS
FACULTY OF LAW

cheesy
@Topic,What was the old fees and how much is it now?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by foreveryou(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
Greatest U.I-ites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love my alma Mater. Ko fo shi!!!!!!
But na wah o. Education in this country get as e be!!!!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Odunharry(m): 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
hmm gr8 ife.u guys shud pray that the strike shudnt last for several months cs i knw its a serious issue and wat is osun state govt and commissioner for edu in the state doing abt it?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by mahil: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2011
Odunharry:

hmm gr8 ife.u guys shud pray that the strike shudnt last for several months cs i knw its a serious issue and wat is osun state govt and commissioner for edu in the state doing abt it?
Na so o
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Phlota(f): 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
U.i nd Unilag has since resumed 4 PG bt Ife, y on earth shd we pay N20,000 for acceptance fee, haba
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by drbiola(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nothing makes IFE great, just old glories that is fast fading away.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by snowdrops(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
drbiola:

Nothing makes IFE great, just old glories that is fast fading away.
You can say same for virtually all federal unis.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by oliidell(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2011
Habaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OAU! cant u gys do witout strike? Ife will always remain a great school. i was born and buttered in dat town-SDA, Moremi, , so i kno wat im talking. the only tin wey spoil dat school na strike, but even that dosent take the greatness away from that institution.
GREATEEEEST Ife!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Carlosein(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
foreveryou:

Greatest U.I-ites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love my alma Mater. Ko fo shi!!!!!!
But na wah o. Education in this country get as e be!!!!

The thread is about OAU, not UI. undecided
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by ChikiChik(f): 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
What is the increament like? from which amount to which amount?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by tunde300us(m): 2:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
The local authorities dont have any stake in it as regards the question asked by odunharry,and to all who wants to know why OAU is great then maybe u shld ask seun himself (owner of nairaland)
But why the strike again now? when i was in skl then we used to have as much strike as lectures and it greatly affected us but somehow we weathered the storm and we are where we are today.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by iyaski: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
IFE, the GREATES OF THE GREATESS STRIKERS. If dog die 4 ife na 6months. If human being die na 12months. Now way SUG dey fight admin, omo na 18months. I just hope not.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
Odunnu:

Do you have to 'showcase' your level of maturity here?
Thats an innocent question from someone who doesnt know just like me,see the aggressiveness in your reply.
Answer the damn question if you know it.
'What makes it great?'
Sorry to say, i see no iota of sensibility in what u posted above, and i am not really interested in exchanging words with fools this afternoon, though i sincerely apologise to you and mobinga if i have in anyway insulted u both, but i'm only saying the obvious truth.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2011
na how much be d increment ooo.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
OAU is great because her students does not allow themselves to be some puppets in the hands of the Authorities.
It is unfortunate that most people here playing down on the doggedness of great ife, suffer some terrible ordeal in the hands of their respective principals in their schools, but due to the fact that their student union have been essentially ineffective and impotent and have never contemplated to protest it, these people here now see the struggle by us thereof, as madness and sheer waste of time.
The time people understood that education is not a privilege but a right, then they will appreciate the greatness of OAU all the more.
For those who want to know the extent of the increment, it is an additional N1,600 tagged TSHIP fee and an astronomical increase in acceptance fee from N2,000 to N20,000. Though the payment of the fees have been near- completed, the student union demands a refund of part of the money if not all.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by dollaflow(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Only fools will contemplate the greatness of ife, Oba Awon Universities(OAU)
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Emmysteve(m): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
Johnpaul88:

OAU is great because her students does not allow themselves to be some puppets in the hands of the Authorities.
It is unfortunate that most people here playing down on the doggedness of great ife, suffer some terrible ordeal in the hands of their respective principals in their schools, but due to the fact that their student union have been essentially ineffective and impotent and have never contemplated to protest it, these people here now see the struggle by us thereof, as madness and sheer waste of time.
The time people understood that education is not a privilege but a right, then they will appreciate the greatness of OAU all the more.
For those who want to know the extent of the increment, it is an additional N1,600 tagged TSHIP fee and an astronomical increase in acceptance fee from N2,000 to N20,000. Though the payment of the fees have been near- completed, the student union demands a refund of part of the money if not all.
na dis small money una dey complain? Mtshewww
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Sheyila1: 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
As much as I love Ife its problem of strike never allow me to have interest of schooling there simply because I don't want to grow grey-hair in school, all because of the school Aluta Spirit that has always move from generation to generation.

I was talking to a friend in my school just yestdy evening about strike which has always been part of their academic calander unknowingly that they are at it already.
I hope they win as usual.

Greatest Ife!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Was Your Worst Subject In Secondary School? / Private School Proprietors Throng NAPPS Over FG Planned Remuneration, Commend VP / ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.