Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent (7840 Views)

Justwise / I Need Help From "Justwise" / Uk Visa Refused For Deception And Imposed 10 Year Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
pls i was mislead by my agent in 2007 and i was a novice on the visa stuff the date of birth on my waec and my passport differ and it was from the passport office that the error occur.instead of correcting it we applied like that and fill in the same date of birth with of the passport and form forgeting that my waec still have my true date of birth so the entry officer refuse entry withheld my waec result then i corrected it and applead but was refused becos the jury held that i did not provided any explanation for putting down a wrong date of birth on my form hence appeal dismiss that was in 2007 now i have do a new passport and have corrected a my errors and will like to apply again but need u advice may an under ban or my application migth be rejcted all my document are original but my wace is still held up but all mu other doc were sent to me pls what do u advice
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by justwise(m): 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
Alikote:

pls i was mislead by my agent in 2007 and i was a novice on the visa stuff the date of birth on my waec and my passport differ and it was from the passport office that the error occur.instead of correcting it we applied like that and fill in the same date of birth with of the passport and form forgeting that my waec still have my true date of birth so the entry officer refuse entry withheld my waec result then i corrected it and applead but was refused becos the jury held that i did not provided any explanation for putting down a wrong date of birth on my form hence appeal dismiss that was in 2007 now i have do a new passport and have corrected a my errors and will like to apply again but need u advice may an under ban or my application migth be rejcted all my document are original but my wace is still held up but all mu other doc were sent to me pls what do u advice

The 10yrs ban started in 2008.So ur crime occured b4 the 10yrs ban. You have to tell the truth about what happened in 2007, that you appealed and the appeal was dismissed. The ECO may give you the benefit of the doubt. Is ur new passport the e-passport? Make sure that the new passport has the same personal detail as the old one.
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
thanks bro the passport is e and lastly my course is msc computer sci via a pg certifcate so the school sent me a pg cert admissions letter which is half a year so how much will i need for my visa application excluding school fee and is outer london after the programe must i return to nijia to apply for extension to complete the course or in the u.k if so how much will be required if the extention is in the u.k or nijia thank for your contirbution and may God reward u
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by justwise(m): 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
Alikote:

thanks bro the passport is e and lastly my course is msc computer sci via a pg certifcate so the school sent me a pg cert admissions letter which is half a year so how much will i need for my visa application excluding school fee and is outer london after the programe must i return to nijia to apply for extension to complete the course or in the u.k if so how much will be required if the extention is in the u.k or nijia thank for your contirbution and may God reward u

Half a yr or 9months? Were u sent a CAS? Have u checked if the school is registered with UKBA?
Visa extention for now can be done in the UK but that may change this April, you 'may' be asked to return home to apply for an extention.
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
yes the school is rigistered and they sent my cas is half a year
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by justwise(m): 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
Alikote:

yes the school is rigistered and they sent my cas is half a year

Go through this link, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance1.pdf

Start from 24 of 66. it tells u how much money u need.
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by 25omega(m): 1:07am On Feb 25, 2011
why is the man holding your waec results?
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Vicjustice: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2011
In conjunction with what Justwise had answered, i'll like to add by letting you know the other part that you might not fancy. The reality of the situation is this; though the 10 year ban might not have been officially enforced then, but the truth is, the UK embassy would hardly ever issue a visa to a person once caught trying to obtain it by means of deceit, they would always refer to that particular application and consider the applicant a potential risk to their immigration.
   We can share more light to this by letting me ask you a few questions? The questions may look silly, but trust me, the answers will be of much importance.
Alikote:

pls i was mislead by my agent in 2007 and i was a novice on the visa stuff the date of birth on my waec and my passport differ and it was from the passport office that the error occur. instead of correcting it we applied like that and fill in the same date of birth with of the passport and form forgeting that my waec still have my true date of birth
   May i ask how you intended to correct it then?

Alikote:

so the entry officer refuse entry withheld my waec result then i corrected it and applead but was refused
   What did you eventually correct on appeal?

Alikote:

now i have do a new passport and [b]have corrected a my errors [/b]and will like to apply again but need u advice may an under ban or my application migth be rejcted all my document are original but my wace is still held up but all mu other doc were sent to me pls what do u advice
   Also, it will be to your favour if you tell why you did a new passport and what you eventually corrected in it
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2011
the mistake was from the passport my date of birth is 24 nov 80 instead they printed 2/4/80 so they mistake the nov for 11 and printed the stuff as / but my agent then wrote 2/4/80 on my application form without checking that my date on my waec is is 24 11 80 no decit was intented just a silly mistake all document were original after the rejection i corrected the date of birth on the passport i.e passport office corrected the mistake and stamped with a note that is was mistakely printed then i applead but the jury said he could have allow my application but i didnt provide any reason why i put down a wrong date of birth on my application hence mislaeding the eco then on balance of probalilities this appleal is dismiss
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
my old passport is the machine readable one which was corrected during appeal but it expired in march so i have a new one e passport on more agent they need advice
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Davedavy: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2011
Alikote:

pls i was mislead by my agent in 2007 and i was a novice on the visa stuff the date of birth on my waec and my passport differ and it was from the passport office that the error occur.instead of correcting it we applied like that and fill in the same date of birth with of the passport and form forgeting that my waec still have my true date of birth so the entry officer refuse entry withheld my waec result then i corrected it and applead  but was refused becos the jury held that i did not provided any explanation for putting down a wrong date of birth on my form hence appeal dismiss that was in 2007 now i have do a new passport and have corrected a my errors and will like to apply again but need u advice may an under ban or my application migth be rejcted all my document are original but my wace is still held up but all mu other doc were sent to me pls what do u advice

Truth is,you will be scrutinized closely.Also quoting the relevant part of the UKBA law:

Grounds on which entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom is to be refused

(7B) subject to paragraph 320(7C), where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws by:

(a) Overstaying;

(b) breaching a condition attached to his leave;

(c) being an Illegal Entrant;

(d) using Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not);

or not);

unless the applicant:

(i) Overstayed for 28 days or less and left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State;

(ii) used Deception in an application for entry clearance more than 10 years ago;

(iii) left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 12 months ago;

(iv) left the UK voluntarily, at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 5 years ago, or

(v) was removed or deported from the UK more than 10 years ago

Since your deception is not more than 10 years ago,you are very likely to be refused,note that there is no mention of ban in the law,the way visa officers implement the law is quite different.What is important is when you are applying for the visa and when the deception happened,and since the deception happened not more than 10 years ago from the time you are reapplying,your visa will most likely be denied this time.

You can visit an immigration lawyer though.
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by justwise(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2011
Davedavy:

Truth is,you will be scrutinized closely.

Definitely, that was why i adviced him to come clean in his visa application form.
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by Davedavy: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2011
justwise:

Definitely, that was why i adviced him to come clean in his visa application form.

Yes of course justwise,also there is something i have observed,i have seen people that used deception before the law came into place and only got their ban when they applied again after the law came into place.I must say that the law is quite complicated.

1 Like

Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by justwise(m): 10:27am On Feb 26, 2011
Davedavy:

Yes of course justwise,also there is something i have observed,i have seen people that used deception before the law came into place and only got their ban when they applied again after the law came into place.I must say that the law is quite complicated.

Thats the danger of it, its not really black and white situation. Cases are rated according the severity of the offence committed, the ECO may decide to recall his previous offence or decide to judge the case based on his current application, the so called agents have done more harm than good to many visa applicants
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by lingani: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
hie people i am very new to the forum, would be glad if someone could help me. i applied 4 a settlement visa 2months ago and my husbands bank statement was fake and hence the application was refused. we then reapplied again with the correct bank statements unfortunately we were refused under 320b .we have since appealed .my question is has anyone been thru a similar predicament and what was the outcome? and any advice would be much appreciated. many thanks
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by kunlewoye(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2012
@ Justwise:
I applied to some UK schools and have been given Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD?
Re: U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent by unibadan(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2013
kunlewoye: @ Justwise:
I applied to some UK schools and have been given Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD?

Please i need your help concerning your post. What did you do at the end to resolve the issue of date of birth on WAEC certificate as i am about to apply for study VISA. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! / How Can I Stay Safe When I Arrive In Nigeria? / Woman Loses 11.8 Million Naira To US Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.