Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (38715 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by zeeleso(f): 8:55am On Apr 20, 2011
agabaI23:

lol you cannot bet your life on that or swear with your life that noone rigged for Buhari
I cannot bet my life on it. Actually i cant bet my life on anything in any subject matter. But i can beat my chest, stamp my feet, raise my head up high , Look an y in the eye while standing tall and say proudly and confidently that BUHARI DID NOT RIG.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by agabaI23(m): 8:57am On Apr 20, 2011
zeeleso:

I cannot bet my life on it. Actually i cant bet my life on anything in any subject matter. But i can beat my chest, stamp my feet, raise my head up high and say proudly that BUHARI DID NOT RIG.
He may have not rigged but can you beat your chest (it will be painful though) stamp your feet and say no one rigged for Buhari?
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by zeeleso(f): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2011
agabaI23:

He may have not rigged but can you beat your chest (it will be painful though) stamp your feet and say no one rigged for Buhari?
No I cant. But Results indicate that none rigged for him.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by agabaI23(m): 10:34am On Apr 20, 2011
zeeleso:

Thanks. forget about the result indicating stuff.
A friend corper who worked in Bauchi said CPC was thumb printing for your maigaskyia

two corp members in NL have confirmed that too.
One was forced at gun point to register underaged voters the other one saw rigging with his korokoro abunna eyes
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by zeeleso(f): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2011
agabaI23:

Thanks. forget about the result indicating stuff.
A friend corper who worked in Bauchi said CPC was thumb printing for your maigaskyia
two corp members in NL have confirmed that too.
One was forced at gun point to register underaged voters the other one saw rigging with his korokoro abunna eyes
This proves nothing cos well a friend corper says a lot to me too, but for argument purposes i'll assume its true.
I could have said more than my one liner , i wanted to say more until i fully understood ur statement.  Your bias is obvious. You are grasping at air to give Buhari a bad name. If you go to such biased lengths just to discredit him then you mind is irrevocably made up which makes it pointless trying to change it. and i dont like going around in circles n engaging in futile arguments.

How can you single out Buhari for a statement that can be generalised for all and any politician in the world.  A concept that can be applied to any situation. You cant ask one to prove the invalidity of a statement that nature has made valid. We cannot know what people do behind our backs; Fact
We cant say noone rigged for buhari
We cant say none rigged for ribadu
We cant say none rigged for Obama
We cant say none gossiped about me today.

People rigging for Buhari is not the same as Buhari rigging. The latter implies the former but the former cannot do vice-versa. The knowledge of the actor about the accusation is required to validate his guilt on the alleged accusation. An accusation which though u wouldn't admit the results indicate are untrue.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by proudly9ja(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
@Jarus and Aisha

Like many have suggested, I think it will be sad if we let this group (and many other BB team groups around the world) die. CPC may not have won the election but we must not allow PDP destroy the only face of opposition we have now that ACN has teamed up with PDP.

Buhari has said he won't contest again, I maintain that he continues as leader of CPC working in the background and doing what he has been doing to maintain the support of the north.

For us, our work will be to continue to form integrity groups around Nigeria and the world. Hold regular meetings/workshops/symposium on good governance. Remain as the face of viable opposition. We must remember that democracy without opposition will die a natural death. Opposition is to make the ruling party work harder.

I have many suggestions and I believe others have too. If Jarus and Aisha who have displayed their selflessness and integrity within d past few months, can take the lead by taking this to the next level, Il appreciate. Nigeria needs you.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Omooba77: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2011
zeeleso:

So underage votuing is part of the deal. Corpers were threatened with knives and dagger in Katsina and Bauchi, just becuase of Wanna Muslim
proudly9ja:

@Jarus and Aisha

Like many have suggested, I think it will be sad if we let this group (and many other BB team groups around the world) die. CPC may not have won the election but we must not allow PDP destroy the only face of opposition we have now that ACN has teamed up with PDP.

Buhari has said he won't contest again, I maintain that he continues as leader of CPC working in the background and doing what he has been doing to maintain the support of the north.

For us, our work will be to continue to form integrity groups around Nigeria and the world. Hold regular meetings/workshops/symposium on good governance. Remain as the face of viable opposition. We must remember that democracy without opposition will die a natural death. Opposition is to make the ruling party work harder.

I have many suggestions and I believe others have too. If Jarus and Aisha who have displayed their selflessness and integrity within d past few months, can take the lead by taking this to the next level, Il appreciate. Nigeria needs you.

So that you can lynch more Nigerians and show them the wild wild North!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
I can take up the challenge, but the reason I have been so hesitant is that I have a no of groups I coordinate, which has not been easy for me. I've got a lot in my hand already - my primary job, moderating NL, coordinating one or two other groups, writing/public affairs commentary, attending to personal issues etc. All these for a young man trying to set his foothold strong. That's why I've been footdragging in initiating this. But if someone else is ready to take up teh challenge, I'm more than ready to support.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Lagosboy: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus:

I can take up the challenge, but the reason I have been so hesitant is that I have a no of groups I coordinate, which has not been easy for me. I've got a lot in my hand already - my primary job, moderating NL, coordinating one or two other groups, writing/public affairs commentary, attending to personal issues etc. All these for a young man trying to set his foothold strong. That's why I've been footdragging in initiating this. But if someone else is ready to take up teh challenge, I'm more than ready to support.

I dont mind taking up the challenge but , I am based abroad at the moment and a good number of us are based abroad as well. However i think we could work out something, someone from Nigeria and someone abroad. There other BB groups abroad which we can invite . I understand we have to make things happen on ground in Nigeria and screaming from the diaspora does not make any grassroot impact.

I will sleep over it tonight to see how we can work this out , others please feel free to drop your suggestions.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by jaybee3(m): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
^^^^
What's going to be the strategic objective of this group?
Why not re-energise existing groups i.e. SNG and help realign their strategic objectives so as to be an effective weapon in the world of sound opposition
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by switch360(f): 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2011
OkaY
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2011
@Omooba77
It is unfounded that the underage voters voted for Buhari, how can you tell who they voted for?
If you have evidence take it to the Tribunal.
Omooba77:

So underage votuing is part of the deal. Corpers were threatened with knives and dagger in Katsina and Bauchi, just becuase of Wanna MuslimSo that you can lynch more Nigerians and show them the wild wild North!

@All
We need to all pick up our enthusiasm, I understand that we are all disheartened that we were cheated out of a free and fair election and that we have been denied again by rigging, but we must get enthused again and help CPC Governorsip candidate get elected.

CPC was formed by Gen. Buhari and we need to now support the party with the same enthusiasm we supported Buhari.

Can someone please start by posting the list of CPC candidates?

Remember they may have cheated us, but we have a moral victory and we can continue to support CPC as Buhari will continue to head the party.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by agabaI23(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2011
proudly9ja:

@Jarus and Aisha

I have said this before, please do not let this group die. I love what you did.
Goodluck as you do these.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by olawalebabs(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2011
@GenBuhari. In my constituency, kaduna central. Rtd Maj. Muhammed Saleh is our senator elect.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 20, 2011
Thanks .

Can you give his details and credentials if you know, perhaps we would produce a list of candidates with a few lines write up about each one.

Your suggestion about this please.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by luluosas(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2011
@agaba123 Good luck did not rig elections

Can you also tell me that noone rigged election for Buhari?

Over sabi go kill you agaba. Did I quote you? Why are you pork-nosing into a matter that is not yours? It is a known fact that, your Jonathan rigged the election with the sum of 3 billion naira par state. You can only deny this if you were a beneficiary, because, no body will ever agree that, his mother is a witch.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2011
CPC only came up the ladder only on the sentiments of the Buhari personality.

Since the old man is not going to Aso Rock, CPC will just die a natural death. Mind you, there party has no structures, I mean they have no national presence.

I keep wondering why people are suprised that he lost, the presence of his party in the South South and South East are next to nothing.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by agabaI23(m): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
luluosas:

Over sabi go kill you agaba. Did I quote you? Why are you pork-nosing into a matter that is not yours? It is a known fact that, your Jonathan rigged the election with the sum of 3 billion naira par state. You can only deny this if you were a beneficiary, because, no body will ever agree that, his mother is a witch.
speculation speculation speculation.

Jonathan did not rig any election nether did he hire anyone to do that for him. I know Buhari did not rig election but people rigged for him.

Over sabi na good thing naa. If I oversabi, I no go de think as I for don sabi am. Abi no be so? But bros, i de think wela wink
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by OAM4J: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
noblezone:

CPC only came up the ladder only on the sentiments of the Buhari personality.

Since the old man is not going to Aso Rock, CPC will just die a natural death. Mind you, there party has no structures, I mean they have no national presence.

I keep wondering why people are suprised that he lost, the presence of his party in the South South and South East are next to nothing.

Wait until they win some state governorship seats by Saturday and watch the performances of these governors in the next 2 years before you come to such conclusion.

Not many people knew there was a performing Fashola in 2006 until he became Governor and started performing and IMO he is a major reason ACN is doing well in SW.

The worst that can happen to CPC is that it might become a strong regional party like ACN and with strong, truthful and sincere alliances they can dislodge PDP

And dont forget we still have the likes of El Rufai, Yinka Odumakin  and other Notable young men of integrity in the party.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by efisher(m): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2011
CPC supporters. You guys really need to take up some responsibility on this northern violence issue. Why can't Bakare who should speak for his fellow Christians threaten to pull out of the party if the supporters do not behave themselves? Why can't the intelligent ones among you educate the illiterate ones out there and get them to stop causing mayhem? It is better we put out this flame together now before it escalates beyond control. Remember that everyone of us will lose if this continues.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
Can we issue a statement condemning the violence? I will get it published in papers as letter-to-the-editor.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by proudly9ja(m): 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
efisher:

CPC supporters. You guys really need to take up some responsibility on this northern violence issue. Why can't Bakare who should speak for his fellow Christians threaten to pull out of the party if the supporters do not behave themselves? Why can't the intelligent ones among you educate the illiterate ones out there and get them to stop causing mayhem? It is better we all put this flame out together now before it escalates beyond control. Remember that everyone of us will lose if this continues.
I will only reply your post because Im assuming like us, you mean well for Nigeria.
The best that can be done has been done by the General. Thank God peace has returned to the north at least, little by little. However, we will be lying to ourselves if we hang this on BB's neck. Violence did not start in the north today. Irresponsible governments have made sure that Northerners do not get quality education. The very few who get quality education are among the best brains we know. One of them is our CBN governor, another used to be FCT minister and another just contested for presidency under ACN. I also had a few lecturers back in Naija who are core northerners but who are great brains.
My point: Northerners are not unintelligent like we southerners try to make them look. They are where they are today because of irresponsible governments.

Let us now come to the south. What MEND is doing in the SS, how is it different from what the northerners are doing? They are killing innocent people in the name of fighting for freedom. The people they kill, don't they have families too? The different militia groups in the south maiming and killing innocent people, are they any different? However, again, they are a product of bad governments. Large portions of the south has been neglected and the people are turning to criminals.

My point: Violence is violence. A murderer is a murderer whether muslim or christian, whether northerner or southerner. What is happening in the north and south did not start today and is not a religious or ethnic war. It is totally political. But we will come to that later if this convo remains sane.

My conclusion: There are only two groups of people in Nigeria in my opinion - The leaders (or should I call them rulers) and we the masses. Over the years we the masses have been suppressed but what is even worse, our rulers have used the issues I raised above to turn us against each other. Today, if someone is killed in the north, before we even find out who, we all assume its a christian. (many people do not know the VP, a northerner and a muslim had his house burnt in the riots and many emirs were threatened). What they have done with the events in the north is to try to silence the opposition. So far it seems its working. Unfortunately, democracy without opposition will never work. Opposition keeps government on its toes. Opposition does not have to be protests or riots. Opposition must make its presence felt on pages of newspapers, online, on the streets, etc. Today, the people of Nigeria are the opposition. We must speak with one voice. Not to fight the government but to make them sit up when they slack, to remind them that people are dying on the Benin-Ore road, that our universities are dying day by day, our best brains are running abroad, our airports need upgrading, that more and more people are finding it hard to provide 3 square meals a day for themselves talkless of their families, that our graduates can't get jobs, etc. The people need to come together. Our greedy leaders know that once we come together, there is no hiding place for them again, that's why they work tooth and nail to divide us. It has always been like that, it is up to us to stop it.

I don't care what people say about CPC, what I have gained and learned in the past months gives me hope. I don't know Jarus, neither do I know aisha and I am sure same with many people on this forum. However, in spite of our backgrounds, we have come together to work positively for change. And we may not have won the election but look at what we achieved! People who did not know Buhari spent their money and time to fight for a cause we all believe in.

This is not about Buhari neither is it about CPC. It is about us, Nigerians believing we deserve better.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by proudly9ja(m): 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus:

I understand your situation.
Lagosboy:

I dont mind taking up the challenge but , I am based abroad at the moment and a good number of us are based abroad as well. However i think we could work out something, someone from Nigeria and someone abroad. There other BB groups abroad which we can invite . I understand we have to make things happen on ground in Nigeria and screaming from the diaspora does not make any grassroot impact.

I will sleep over it tonight to see how we can work this out , others please feel free to drop your suggestions.
Please let us have ur response. Since you are willing and Jarus is in Nigeria, you can work with him and aisha. That will reduce the work on Jarus. I suggest between the three of you, you should come up with what the aim of the group should be and what we expect to do within the next four years. Let this be on ground before inviting the rest of us. You can ask for suggestions but decide based on these suggestons before inviting the rest of us. Too many cooks spoil the brough (abi how dem take dey talk am)
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by seanet02: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2011
Please report all your moderating ojoros on buhari here
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by proudly9ja(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

^^^^
What's going to be the strategic objective of this group?
Why not re-energise existing groups i.e. SNG and help realign their strategic objectives so as to be an effective weapon in the world of sound opposition
CPC is a political party. My suggestion is that this group, along with others work to keep CPC as main opposition. By God's Grace we should work in maintaining the support of the north while seeking ways to extend to the south.

SNG is in my opinion, a civil rights group. I think they should remain neutral. Even I can't advice pastor Tunde Bakare to go back to SNG. He has done his bit starting the group.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nadanbata: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ proudly9ja

1 up on your post.

@ Topic

We need credible opposition and it starts now, not 1 year from election. Groundwork needs to be laid.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nadanbata: 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
proudly9ja:

CPC is a political party. My suggestion is that this group, along with others work to keep CPC as main opposition. By God's Grace we should work in maintaining the support of the north while seeking ways to extend to the south.

Are u suggesting something online or actually on the ground. I personally think it needs to be on the ground as well to have any affect, but the problem is funds for campaign. Need donations and all that stuff,
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by proudly9ja(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
I suggest something on ground.

No need to campign now. All we need to do now is remain visible and also recruit the right people while we try our best to reorientate the minds of the people and also rebuild our battered image in the south.

Allainces that were formed over the past few months by Nigerians all around the world gives me hope.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by proudly9ja(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus:

Can we issue a statement condemning the violence? I will get it published in papers as letter-to-the-editor.

Very good idea.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
Why  do you guys believe that Buhari actually lost these elections why not try and mobilize to challenge it?

It simply does not seem possible that Buhari lost.

Buhari is challengng the results and we should be demanding re-run  of the elections and stop being defeatist.

All indications prior to the election were that Buhari was far more popular not only on Nairalang polls, but also on the ground - the biggest crowds attending his rallies.

Please can we stop saying he lost as I do not believe he  lost.  At the very worst it should have been close enought for a 2nd round run off elections.

People shine your eyes - we were cheated!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by luluosas(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2011
@jaybee What's going to be the strategic objective of this group?

I will not subscribe to SNG seeing how they dissociated themselves from Bakare just before the election. They appear to be partisans.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by efisher(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2011
Jarus:

Great idea. If you can do it, please go ahead. Also, you can address one to the party leaders and state your position on this issue. Let them caution the local leaders in the affected states. Without those corpers, there will be no proper election on Tuesday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Radio Stations Shutting Down / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Jude Ezenwafor Becomes Factional Labour Party Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.