Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son (9883 Views)

FFK Should Tell Us About His Father's Role In The Murder Of Akintola / Shocking Confessions From Ex-boko Haram Who Converted To Christianity. Alleged Ibb Is The Major Spon / Shocking Confession From An Ex Boko Haram Alleged Ibb Is The Main Sponsor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by ahidjo: 4:11am On Feb 24, 2011
[size=15pt]I dreaded contesting against IBB -Jonathan [/size] Written by Dipo Laleye, Minna
Thursday, 24 February 2011

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on Wednesday confessed that he became “very weak” when he thought he would contest the presidential primary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida.

Jonathan, who made the confession during his presidential campaign in Minna, the Niger State capital, said he became weak because “General Babangida is like a father to me.”

“Babangida is like a father to me, even in my days as a deputy governor and later as governor of Bayelsa State, I used to consult him. So when it came to the option that I might contest with him, I was very weak, but God knows why and God interpreted it and we never contested the primary,” Jonathan said.

President Jonathan expressed gratitude to the former military president “for congratulating me when I emerged as the standard-bearer of the PDP at the end of the primary” and said General Babangida was absent at the rally on Wednesday because “he had to travel out of the country.”

The president also commended the courage of General Abdulsalami Abubakar for handing over to a democratically elected government in the country within the shortest time possible and despite the pressure mounted on him to extend his tenure.

“We remain grateful to the people of Niger State for giving us a son that has made history in Africa, a son that had the opportunity to continue in office for at least four more years and nobody in the world would have stopped him, if he had come up with a transition programme that would last another four years,” the president said.

Jonathan, who recalled that in 2007 during the presidential rally in Niger State that he stood in for the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, who was in Katsina State for the burial of the Emir of Daura, said he was also alone in Minna for a similar event on Wednesday, because, as the ‘senior,’ he asked the vice-president to preside over the weekly meeting of the Federal Executive Council in Abuja.

“Now I have no excuse. I am in charge. When I addressed the rally in 2007, I was the second in command, now I am in charge. So anything I say I must do it. I will have no reason to give anybody excuses.”

The president said his administration would not discriminate against anybody, either on account of tribe or religion, adding that “we will run an open government.”

He maintained that for Nigeria to change and be among the comity of industrialised nations of the world, “we must create wealth,” saying this would be achieved by stabilising the country’s energy sector and revolutionising agriculture.

“We must work hard to create wealth because if we do not in the next few years, we will create a huge population of destitutes in the country.”

Earlier, the Niger State governor, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, had said that the state had put the PDP presidential primary behind it and that those still nursing the wound of the primary were bad losers.

He described President Jonathan as a “man of sense and justice,” assuring him that the state would vote for the Jonathan /Sambo ticket.

Other speakers at the rally were the acting national chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Haliru Bello Mohammed, the Minister of Agriculture, Professor Sheikh Abdallah, former governor of Kano State, Aminu Isa Kontagora, among others.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18003-i-dreaded-contesting-against-ibb-jonathan
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by jason123: 4:13am On Feb 24, 2011
Chei!!!!! grin cry cry cry

Anyway, can you post the source?
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by ahidjo: 4:18am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

Chei!!!!! grin cry cry cry

Anyway, can you post the source?

Source posted. It's everywhere-Nigerian papers
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by dayokanu(m): 4:21am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf

What do you have to say to this
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:23am On Feb 24, 2011
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by jason123: 4:26am On Feb 24, 2011
Dapo, can you see All this "azikwe" crap was to checkmate a group Can you see who he is associating himself with
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by aljharem(m): 4:27am On Feb 24, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

anyone that votes for gej and beaf should be ashame  of themselves
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Rhino5dm: 4:28am On Feb 24, 2011
Now that the mask of this "ojuju calabar" face is shred in to pieces by his desperate dispicable desperation, all those calling this 'mumu' God chosen should go for holy comminium and re-baptized.

yeah! IBB is GEJ role model, a product of devil of the West(Obj) and devil of the North(IBB).  watch out for mark of the beast!
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by fstranger3(m): 4:29am On Feb 24, 2011
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan-Babangida Jnr

I love it
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Rhino5dm: 4:32am On Feb 24, 2011
[size=32pt]ROAFLMAO!!![/size]
fstranger3:

I love it
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by aljharem(m): 4:35am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

I love it
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Beaf: 4:43am On Feb 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Beaf

What do you have to say to this

Nigerians always respect their elders when they visit, thats all that happened. It means nothing.
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by aljharem(m): 4:47am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf:

Nigerians always respect their elders when they visit, thats all that happened. It means nothing.

you are right for once

ok, why did jonathan visit IBB
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by egift(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf:

Beaf you need to apologize to IBB your Jonathan's God-father, you had been abusing on Nairaland.

Menh, IBB have giving Beaf smackdown grin
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Jeel: 7:07am On Feb 24, 2011
Politics
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by ekubear1: 7:09am On Feb 24, 2011
@jason: He is just playing politics, I guess. Or I should say, I hope  undecided

fstranger3:

Some of your best work yet  grin
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Dawdy(m): 7:11am On Feb 24, 2011
Jonathan & I B B are beds of d same feather.
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Jeel: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2011
This are just political statements to buy his support thats all afterall we al know IBB is a political weight
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by dayokanu(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2011
Is this not the same guy indicted in the Independent Bomb Blasts orchestrated by mumu GEJ?
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 24, 2011
@ Poster

1. First, you misquoted Mr President.
He said, "like a father to me"
You said, "is my father"

2. I have read through and saw nothing else but courtesy to IBB by Mr President in IBB's domain.

My conclusion:
You are either carried away by your emotions because you don't like Mr President, or simply being mischievious.

If Mr GEJ wants votes from Niger State especially from Minna, then it is a political wisdom to pay political respect to IBB. Perhaps you prefer the self rightous and arrogant Buhari? No wahala, we all are entitled to our opinions, but believe me, its not enough reason to take issues out of context.

For your info, 98% of voters are not likely to have access to internet let alone Nairaland. 50% of these voters are going to vote in block.

It is wisdom to pay respect to IBB, Chiroma, Atiku and any other person in the PDP who are opposing him (GEJ).

I am sure that if he had gone to Minna and called IBB names, you would had come up here to call him a dunce.

Among all the apsirants, GEJ still stands out as the best option for now in moving this complex system forward.

Buhari can make a good commander of a battalion, a good NSA but Mr President? He lacks the diplomacy. My vote goes GEJ and we are working hard to see him elected.
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by doctorT(m): 9:26am On Feb 24, 2011
He even said IBB is his mentor,  Imagine!!!! A vote for Jonathan is a vote for the evil genius  grin

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday admitted that the initial presence of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) in the presidential race gave him a cause for worry. Jonathan who stated this at his presidential campaign rally in Minna, noted that IBB commanded a good political followership across the country and would have given him a good run for his money if he had forged ahead with his ambition.

He attributed part of his worries to what he identified as a close political bond between him and the former military president whom he described as a father. “When IBB indicated interest in the presidential race I felt myself in a state of confusion and discomfort and for obvious reasons. He was a former head of state and his enormous goodwill meant he will get a lot of supporters across the country.

In addition to this, he is my mentor. He was always there for me, particularly in my days as deputy governor. So, you can see my dilemma when he declared for president under the same party. I felt so relieved when along the line he let go of his ambition. I felt happy when after the primaries he called and congratulated me,” the president submitted. Dr. Jonathan also poured encomiums on another former head of state of Niger origin, General Abdulsalam, describing him as the harbinger of new democracy.

The president also described General Abdulsalam Abubakar as a rare patriot and declared that it was to his credit and courage that the country was delivered from the clutches of military dictatorship. “We remain grateful to General Abdulsalam for giving democracy an opportunity to come back on stream and also flourish. He had a chance in 1999 to hold on to power for another five years or so but he was courageous enough to organise an election and hand over power to a civilian government,” he noted.

Jonathan noted that Niger State was undergoing positive structural development and attributed same to the good vision and sincerity of purpose exhibited by Governor Babangida Aliyu. He also commended the governor for maintaining the peace within the PDP and among the general public, adding that the ruling party was ahead of opposition parties in the state because the governor worked hard to keep it in one peace.

The president promised to work vigorously toward job creation but noted that any such policy desire would be a mirage where the problems bedeviling the power sector were not rectified.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/24/national-24-02-2011-011.htm
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by bashit(m): 11:27am On Feb 24, 2011
“Babangida is like a father to me, even in my days as a deputy governor and later as governor of Bayelsa State, I used to consult him. So when it came to the option that I might contest with him, I was very weak, but God knows why and God interpreted it and we never contested the primary,” Jonathan said.

To go for consultation from IBB MEANS he believes in his ideologies which patriotic nigerians found unacceptable at this critical time for quest of moving nigeria forward. I wish Jonathan and his supporters good luck, but he should be mindful of his speech.Remember, what will be, will be, but what ever you say remains in people's minds.
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
darth vader ibb to skywalker gej

odechukwu i am your father

now go forth blow that ECA and do me proud

12 billion in gulf oil windfall is nothing compared to what you will do. show us the power of the fresh air side
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
i thought ibb brought bombing to nigeria?

i thought ibb had a sharia university?

i thought ibb was a murderer?

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/Pushead_cic/Random/Monkey_facepalm.jpg
[/img]

i swear team gej must have worn out foreheads from all the face-palming cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by DeepSight(m): 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
Beaf:

For some reason, from a distance i always admired your dogged support for your candidate, but this here is just utterly repulsive. I am sure you know the destruction wraught on Nigeria by the Jne 12 annulment and the subsequent "stepping aside" after that man had murdered democracy. And you icon insults us all by congratulating IBB for that by using these words -

“We remain grateful to the people of Niger State for giving us a son that has made history in Africa, a son that had the opportunity to continue in office for at least four more years and nobody in the world would have stopped him, if he had come up with a transition programme that would last another four years,” the president said.

This is low, repulsive, and utterly repugnant.
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by 9ijaMan: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2011
GEJ is a man without scruples. I just can phantom why people are just getting to understand GEJ for whom he really is.
Apparently, in his desperation to continue the loot at all cost, GEJ will wine and dine with the devil.

Nigerians should rise above religious bigotry and tribal/ethnic sentiment to vote the team with Principle:
[size=15pt]
VOTE Buhari/Bakare to build the much need solid foundation towards national development.

BB-2011 all the way!
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by joeyfire(m): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
Once again GEJ kisses butt to stay afloat. I wouldnt pay too much attention to this latest case because politics is like that I guess. Thats why i could never be a pollitician
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2011

ciroma is also gej's elder.  grin grin grin

who knows what we will see next? maybe gej is already prostrating to that 'elder statesman'  grin grin
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by doctorT(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
So all the talks about the October 1 bombing about IBB have gone down the drains because of JEG do or die character,
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by Delafruita(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
@beaf.i agree with you on your point of nigerians paying homage to elders buy a president's words in whatever clime carry a lot of weight.calling babangida his mentor might have warmed the hearts of the people of minna but its an affront to those to whom everything IBB is repulsive and by that i mean the majority of nigerians.at least we finally know where GEJ learnt all his dirty tricks and language from
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by meine: 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
Power of life and death is on the tongue, Joe Boy should be wary of his utterances or else the Demons of Deceit and Lies will possess him. He will begin to lie from both sides of the mouth like his father and progenitor. It will take MFM prayers and prophet TB Joshua to do his deliverance. Nigerians watch out! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Confesses:ibb Is My Father (role Model)-like Father Like Son by joeyfire(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
GEJ has shown he is a novice in politics. Tinubu is going to rip him to shreds now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Suspected Kidnappers Of ESUT VC Arrested / Tension Grips Abia As Ikpeazu, Otti Know Fate Today / Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.