Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight (6896 Views)

Buhari Defends His Records On BBC Hardtalk / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) / Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by PeeDaVinci: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2011
tune in
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by againstGEJ(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
why?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by LoveKing(m): 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
unpopular man
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by seunbballo(m): 1:23am On Feb 25, 2011
Governor Ibrahim Shekarau of Kano State is a mad man. Can you imagine this dirty mallam suspending WHO Polio vaccination in Kano.

The stupid man also wanted Sharia Law to be constitutionalized in the whole Nation. He was just chatting shit on HardTalk.

Are these the sort of people ruling Nigeria? Its a big shame.

ITS REVOLUTION NOW OR THE FUTURE OF NIGERIANS CHILDREN IS DOOMED.

Link to Interview: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/9406608.stm
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 25, 2011
seunbballo said:

Governor Ibrahim Shekarau of Kano State is a mad man. Can you imagine this dirty mallam suspending WHO Polio vaccination in Kano.

Shut your loud, ignorant trap and go study the history of sponsored ''vaccinations'' and their horrendous impact on innocent populations, before insulting someone with ten times more brains than you.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by ekubear1: 1:54am On Feb 25, 2011
Shekarau actually did a good job explaining himself, in my opinion.

I mean, how effective will a vaccine be when your citizens (with good reason!) don't trust it? What exactly was he supposed to do? Northerners had a bad experience with a previous vaccine. . . you expect them to just take the next one w/o at least being a bit wary?

The situation isn't as easy as some present it.

That interviewer chick was being a tool though, lol
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 2:00am On Feb 25, 2011
That Sudanese biitch has always been a tool for TPTB.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by ekubear1: 2:02am On Feb 25, 2011
^-- I googled her, she is 50+!  shocked

That is a good look for her age. I'm kind of impressed.

Given her attractiveness, I'll excuse here rude behavior wink
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Chyz2: 2:27am On Feb 25, 2011
It very annoying how reporters from western countries disrespect African men in the most disgusting and disrespectful way possible. This is something that I have been noticing for a while.smh.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by ekubear1: 2:30am On Feb 25, 2011
Shows like this, if they smell any weakness, they attack. So not sure if it is an anti-African sort of thing. They'll pounce on anyone who'll let them. Gotta be forceful.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by fstranger3(m): 3:14am On Feb 25, 2011
I thought he did very well, for an Hausa man.

He could have handled himself better, like Dimeji did.

For an Hausa man, I have no qualms.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by nwabobo: 3:40am On Feb 25, 2011
eku_bear:

Shows like this, if they smell any weakness, they attack. So not sure if it is an anti-African sort of thing. They'll pounce on anyone who'll let them. Gotta be forceful.

Like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by fstranger3(m): 3:43am On Feb 25, 2011
nwabobo:

Like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E

You are a big ediot. The best Nigerian interviewee on Hardtalk ever is still Dimeji Bankole, so what gives?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by SEFAGO(m): 4:01am On Feb 25, 2011
"There must be the giver, there must be the taker, and then there must be the evidence"

- Obasanjo defending his thievry

Just look at 4:20 haha of obasanjo's interview. Obasanjo got owned man grin

I/d/i/otic president claiming that his administration was corrupt but he was not corrupt. Olodo one kobo.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by SEFAGO(m): 4:03am On Feb 25, 2011
Obasanjo was more interested in his pride than defending the nation. Then he moved to the "If you were interviewing an european leader argument undecided"
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 25, 2011
Who is acusing Zainab Badawi? Have u people watched how British PM gets bashed up and down in the House of Commons every week? Can a Nigerian leader/leaders be continously called to account like that?
The prblm wt us in Nigeria is that we think that some people are gods who suld not be asked questions! The lady did well, Shekarau trid his best to answer(though I did not like nor enjoy his answers, I can never vote fo him!), he even shook the lady's hand!
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by otokx(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2011
I fell asleep watching him.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Best2Be: 11:49am On Feb 25, 2011
do u think he has any good thing coming out from his bowel?
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Bukittes(f): 11:53am On Feb 25, 2011
Did someone say " He shook the lady's hand?" SHARIA!!!! Thet must cut his hand off!!!!!!
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by againstGEJ(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Who is acusing Zainab Badawi? Have u people watched how British PM gets bashed up and down in the House of Commons every week? Can a Nigerian leader/leaders be continously called to account like that?
The prblm wt us in Nigeria is that we think that some people are gods who suld not be asked questions! The lady did well, Shekarau trid his best to answer(though I did not like nor enjoy his answers, I can never vote fo him!), he even shook the lady's hand!

Who is talking about the British PM and his house of commons?

We are talking about face to face one on one talk. LOL
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by medoski(m): 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
If zainab is interviewing anyone outside hardtalk she is usually polite, but her behavior reflects the name of the show, search for her other hardtalk shows with other European leader it is usually like this.

The man is very intelligent, you can take that from him- a trained mathematician. but you have the right say he is not just as you have the right to be tribalistic.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by kakakibuy(m): 1:13pm On Feb 25, 2011
Chyz*:

It very annoying how reporters from western countries disrespect African men in the most disgusting and disrespectful way possible. This is something that I have been noticing for a while.smh.

Seconded. That was how the silly Aisha(CNN) was so disrespectful while she interviewed GEJ. I did some research though and found out that these western reporters are disrespectful to everyone but their leaders. A veteran reporter of CBS was guilty of pointing fingers at the President of Iran during an interview also. Me think Africa needs it's own Satellite News Agency to tell it's story in the right perspective with the respect we deserve.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by kakakibuy(m): 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
cogitoErgo:

The British PM gets bashed up and down in the House of Commons every week-Those who bash him are his colleagues not reporters. Watch the interviews of Western leaders and you will be surprised at the level of respect accorded to them by the same reporters who disrespect our leaders during interviews. A reporter can ask a direct question and expect a direct answer without being disrespectful.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by kliverpool(m): 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2011
Have u seen any reporter disrespect a leader like MANDELA?
we should not even call these people leaders they don't deserve
any respect whatsoever from anybody.They should be dragged to the HAGUE and try for
crime against humanity.
All they do is keep money in swiss account they know them they know what they are doing to
u and i.
How many people have they lifted out of poverty.When they can not provide basic social amenities for people they rule.
When Governor of a whole state will go and commission borehole.
They are criminals and no body should respect them period.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by xpagnol: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
I HATE SHEKARAU BECAUSE HE LACKS CHARISMA TO CARRY ME ALONG.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by cap28: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2011
Shekarau comported himself very well in this interview and defended his stance without getting emotional, i commend him for this.

I would say that he exercised incredible restraint given the emotive nature of this issue.

I dont know how he was able to control his anger especially when that emaciated uncle tom attempted to undermine him and make him look incompetent.

I am sick to my stomach of watching these self hating black coconuts (black on the outside but white on the inside) who keep trying to score points by attacking their fellow africans on white owned media organisations.

Shekarau had every right to take the stance he took with these polio vaccines was it not american owned pharmaceutical giant Pfizer that tested a supposed anti meningitis drug on children in Kano in 1996 which left 11 of them dead and 200 of them brain damaged?

The fact that Shekerau refused to allow children in Kano to once again be used as guinea pigs for these corrupt and powerful western pharmaceutical organisations indicates that he has a conscience, it also demonstrates that he has the courage of his convictions and will not be cowed by some of the most powerful names in the pharmaceutical industry - I doff my hat to him.

As for that bag of bones they call Zainab Badawi take your boney horselike face off our screens and go back to kissing whiteys arse because thats all you are good for - scum.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by solihu(m): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
^^ Word bro!
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Becomrichn: 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
i think the BBC interviewer did not do a good job. why on earth did they not ask him for the satellite picture.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2011
kliverpool said:

Have u seen any reporter disrespect a leader like MANDELA?
we should not even call these people leaders they don't deserve
any respect whatsoever from anybody.They should be dragged to the HAGUE and try  for
crime against humanity.
All they do is keep money in swiss account they know them they know what they are doing to
u and i.
How many people have they lifted out of poverty.When they can not provide basic social amenities for people they rule.
When Governor of a whole state will go and commission borehole.
They are criminals and no body should respect them period.

You're a nasty prat with no brains.

Have you studied Shekarau's state's statistics since he came to power to know 'how many people he's lifted out of poverty'? Of course not. Do you care to study it? Of course not. Far easier to sit in your miserable, ignorant corner assuming the worst of every Nigerian leader.

The day they make YOU a leader, will you accept being rudely addressed by people who've already pre-judged you before you walk into a room?

How many of the white leaders whom Zainab Badawi whores herself to have the credentials of Mandela, for you to insinuate that an African leader has to be 'like Mandela' to be shown basic respect?

Thoughtless illiterate.
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by cap28: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
I think Shekarau should have gone further and provided that boney faced b.itch with details of the Pfizer scandal and the subsequent fear it instilled in the minds of local communities in Kano - i wonder what the idi.ot would have had to say about that.

Shekarau was too polite to her, i can only assume that he is by nature a very patient man.

The world health organisation in collaboration with western pharmaceutical giants like Pfizer are genocidal monsters - isnt it ironic that despite their genocidal activities in africa no-one seems to want to put them under the spot light?

In the 1950s the world health organisation were responsible for administering the polio vaccination on over 1 million people in the region now known as Rwanda and Burundi,  by some strange coincidence the site of these vaccinations correlates with the earliest cases of HIV aids in that region. 

Im pretty sure Shekarau knows what these monsters are up to but the problem is he can't prove it, and even if he can who's going to believe him, something tells me his presidential ambitions are not going to go very far as he may have already made some very powerful enemies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/2070634.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLHndzBl4g&feature=related
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by cap28: 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
Just read up on his background and he seems to have done a lot of good things for the people of Kano:

As Governor, Shekarau has opposed polio vaccination campaigns on the grounds that they are actually attempts to make Muslim women infertile. The World Health Organisation denies this.[1]

Shekarau was re-elected in 2007 because of his popularity in Kano State despite several efforts by the ruling PDP at the National level to stop him from contesting as well as manipulation of the electoral process. He became the first Governor to be re-elected for second term in the history of Kano State base on his achievement on societal re-orientation,poverty eradication and commitment to social co-existence between various ethnic group living in Kano, to the extent some people consider his tenure as one the most peaceful period of this democratic despensation, political thuggery replaced with freedom of expression were he allow opponents to express or criticise his leadership. he has a mass support from various class of the society, rich,poor,workers,clerics and traditional leaders all support him base on his wisdom to interact with high sense of humility and integrity. Base on this His Highness the Emir of Kano Turbaned him as the SARDAUNA OF KANO for the first time kano has SARDAUNA.

ACHIEVEMENTS Construction of new buildings all over Kano state Educational Institutions, new roads all over kano state, payment of pensions to pensioners Urban renewal of kano metro,Construction of new water treatment plant at Tamburawa and Watari western kano, poverty reduction through mass employment. In November 2009, the Kano chapter of the ANPP gave Shekarau the right to select the party's candidate for the 2011 governorship elections. Some pundits say this decision was a step towards making the prominent cleric Sheikh Ibrahim Khaleel the candidate but finally he endorse his commissioner for Local Government ALH SALIHU SAGIR TAKAI base on his honesty, Integrity, and high degree of humility, Shekarau to some speculators may join presidential race in 2011 as one elder statesman DANMASANIN KANO SAYS SHEKARAU is a potential material for the presidency

Now i see why the BBC are trying to discredit him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Shekarau
Re: Shekarau On Bbc's Hardtalk Tonight by ruz(m): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
I happen to be a Medical Doctor who was previledged to treat pediatric patients during and after the said period when he banned the use of the polio vaccines. The interesting revelation is that from 1 to 2 years after the ban we started seeing the numbers of patients with poliomyelitis multiply in our pediatric neurology clinic. We looked back and realised most of the children were born during that period. That man should be sued for destroying so many lives. Now these innocent children are doomed thanks to this arrogant brat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Appoints Ogbonaiya Onu As SFG / Why Wole Soyinka Won Noble Prize Award Against Late Chinue Achebe. / Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.