Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister (2329 Views)

2016 Budget Will Diversify Economy From Oil Says Buhari / Aregbe Admitted That He Can't Manage Osun Without Niger Delta Oil / Injustice: 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria Without Niger Delta People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2011
The Minster of Information and communications, Mr Labaran Maku has said it will be difficult for the North to survive without the resources from the Niger Delta. He stressed that except Kano,no state in the North had the capacity to conveniently pay the salaries of its civil servants without resorting to the monthly allocation of the Federal Government, which was largely proceeds from the oil derived from the N'Delta

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/23/504.html
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by againstGEJ(m): 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
gbam
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
rubbish i mean how have we been doing it all this years before we joined nigeria undecided

odili news is an igbo website full of rubbish and nonsense,.,.,., hisses
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by naijaking1: 10:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
alj harem:

rubbish i mean how have we been doing it all this years before we joined nigeria undecided

Sorry my brother, truth can be painful.
Just take 2 panadols, and do a better study of Nigerian economy when your head clears.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 10:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
naijaking1:

Sorry my brother, truth can be painful.
Just take 2 panadols, and do a better study of Nigerian economy when your head clears.

i think you need panadol as well, like i care

so you want me to believe that without Niger/Delta oil,.,. the north is finished,.,. i dey laff ohhh

keep decieving yourselves
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Blazay(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
Duuuuuh?
And vice versa.
'Em fooools think they can do without each other? To go where with those OLD, funky "privates"? cheesy
Agbaya @ 51.  cry
Talk about gerrrrin' a divorce after 51 years of marriage(happy or not. . .after contracting each others' diseases? shocked
I DEY LAFF O!

Not like we are Libyans or Egyptians willing to die for freedom and equity o! cheesy

The South still needs cows to feed their lootocratic populace.
Your South still needs a JTF!
Who you gonna call?

GHOST BUSTERS?

Mu he he he he he grin

Gosh, it I'd raining.
Lov-er-ly!  kiss
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 10:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
The Minster of Information and communications, Mr. Labaran Maku has said it will be difficult for the North to survive without the resources from the Niger Delta. Maku disclosed this on Monday at the Lokoja township stadium while fielding questions from newsmen shortly after the presidential campaign rally.

alj harem:

rubbish i mean how have we been doing it all this years before we joined nigeria  undecided

It was a public iteration, and you're putting it down to the fact that it is propaganda disseminated by an Igbo owned Website.

I respect that you disagree with the conclusion, however, all you have to do to prove him wrong is to break away and form your own Islamic Nation State where you can practice Sharia Law, sustain an ever growing Almajiri population and cattle herd to your hearts content.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
ShangoThor:

The Minster of Information and communications, Mr Labaran Maku has said it will be difficult for the North to survive without the resources from the Niger Delta. He stressed that except Kano,no state in the North had the capacity to conveniently pay the salaries of its civil servants without resorting to the monthly allocation of the Federal Government, which was largely proceeds from the oil derived from the N'Delta

This is not true, if they cut down their spending on construction of roads for cattle and for drying cereals, then they will have enough money to pay salaries.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by thehomer: 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
ShangoThor:

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/23/504.html

So what? Nigeria is a Federal Republic.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by meine: 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
This is why nija will never progress,when resources are constantly seen as the property of some tribe!

And why is dis comin @ ds date? Why didn't u tell the north all these trash in 1955 before oil was discovered.

I am not a northerner but I hate it wen foolishness is openly displayed. No I won't stand for it.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
People should actually concentrate on their contribution to the National economy rather than focusing on how much they get from the FG.

Nobody should be entitled to handouts, and all citizens should start being productive, start creating wealth, adding value to our economy.

The FG should not be acting as a massive Welfare State!
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by bashr4: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
pls we have been surviving without oil before it was discovered and we will survive whhen its gone ,whether north south ,east or west, the issue in nigeria is the search for good leadership and not who will take oil from the other . we are still in the same geographical location is u cut out one zone it will affect all the zones. lets pressure for better leadership.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2011
the oil reserve in nigeria is about 38 billion barrel so which will finish in about forty years from now that is 2050 at 2.2 million barrel per day so forty years in the life span of a nation is so small becos countries like swiss just celebrated 700 year ecqudor 200 yrs so 40 yrs is just a fraction the north of the country still have vast miniral deposit,arable land which is a vital tool for a nation long term futurist plan one onion was sold for around 100 naira last week in lagos!!!!!!abi u can farm tomatos onion on swamp agriculture still contribute large chunck of the gdp 70 percent while crude oil 90 percent of earning which is been stolenly mercilessly by the iboris .tafa balogun,abacha e.t.c is cut across all tribe so my friend wake up world scientic are make effort to for about crude oil may be they might succeced even b4 our own finish
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
Good argument, so why aren't we exporting loads of onions, tomatoes, groundnuts like we used to, and palm oil all around the world. Why are we not putting our numbers (population) to use. We should be dominating the world in Agricultural produce right? So much so States wouldn't require handouts.

I have never wanted handouts myself, because I believe in contributing to making my people wealthier, improving the standard of living for all, being productive. How many unproductive hands and mouths are there in total in Nigeria? Isn't this a complete waste of a resource?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by bashr4: 11:39pm On Feb 24, 2011
Alikote:

the oil reserve in nigeria is about 38 billion barrel so which will finish in about forty years from now  that is  2050 at 2.2 million barrel per day so forty years in the life span of a nation is so small becos countries like swiss just celebrated 700 year ecqudor 200 yrs so 40 yrs is just a fraction the north of the country still have vast miniral deposit,arable land which is a vital tool for a nation long term futurist plan one onion was sold for around 100 naira last week in lagos!!!!!!abi u can farm tomatos onion on swamp agriculture still contribute large chunck of the gdp 70 percent while crude oil 90 percent of earning which is been stolenly mercilessly by the iboris .tafa balogun,abacha e.t.c is cut across all tribe so my friend wake up world scientic are make effort to for about crude oil may be they might succeced even b4 our own finish

exactly the north have a vast land that will be very useful when dooms day arrives  our problem is our leaders not notherners cus most of them are even suffering more the southerners instead should question theiir governors what they have been doin to billions of dollars pumped into their account from federal govt, bayels is the least populated state yet gets the highest budget but with nothin to show for while anambra with its high population and low budget is doing very well , pls lets shine our eyes people are moving away from oil lets stop fighting and start planing for 100 of years to come when oil will no longer be needed
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 11:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
bashr4:

exactly the north have a vast land that will be very useful when dooms day arrives  our problem is our leaders not notherners cus most of them are even suffering more the southerners instead should question theiir governors what they have been doin to billions of dollars pumped into theiur account from federal govt, bayels is the least populated state yet gets the highest budget but with nothin to show for while anambra with its high population and low budget is doing very well , pls lets shine our eyes people are moving away from oil lets stop fighting and start planing for 100 of years to come when oile will no longer be needed

Have you heard of the saying "necessity is the mother of all invention"? Not all of Southern Nigeria is a swampy and when the time comes they will have to cultivate their lands to make them yield more produce.

But correct me if I'm wrong, are you implying that you will not put the arable lands in the North in order to efficiently produce more agricultural produce and make more effective use of abundant manpower in the North till DOOMS DAY arrives? Is this the plan, to wait till the South no longer has oil?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
I doubt even Kano will be able to afford salaries for more than a couple of months without oil. Most of the core North is overrun by almajiri's and their sheer population of 10 million (greater than two thirds of the 224 Worlds nations) will quickly sink any ship. ND oil goes a very long way to finance all sorts of crap in Nigeria.

If these states were actually working and producing money, would they be able to afford 10 million fvcking almajiri's? The whole thing is so damn annoying! angry
They get free money and abuse it.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
you don start again abi ?  angry
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 12:01am On Feb 25, 2011
the so called minister is an iddiot and does not know anything

first of all how was nigeria developed,.,. was it the north that exported groundnuts and cottin which were the major export at that time before we even found oil at all,.,., exporting metric tonnes of cotton and groundnuts

secondly, the meat, pepper and tomatoes sold on the street of lagos, aba, port harcount, balysea, kwara, kogi, ebonyi, ibadan and so on,.,. who provides them,.,. or is it crude oil that we have been feeding on all this years undecided

thridly, the military that has been protecting nigeria from countries like chad, nigeria, cameroun and co is it oil that has been protecting us grin moreover has this oil cause unity or conflict in the south,.,., who has been sent to stop this militants ijaws or is it oil

lastly, is it oil that has put suya and onions on your table grin grin grin abi na oil way dey give you malu and ewu eat grin grin grin grin

abegi this man is drunk and a mumu

infact i dear say no part of the country has given up the most apart from the north and yet we do not kill people for money neither do we beg the government or threaten then for money, we do not steal for money neither do we do fraud for money

yet we are survive and better off an average nigerian even as this so called oil is not getting to us smiley

shame on southern nigeria,.,. the so called illiterates you have been insulting are a lot better and respected than you people
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

I doubt even Kano will be able to afford salaries for more than a couple of months without oil. Most of the core North is overun by almajiri's and their sheer population of 10 million (greater than two thirds of the 224 Worlds nations) will quickly sink any ship. ND oil goes a very long way to finance all sorts of crap in Nigeria.

If these states were actually working and producing money, would they be able to afford 10 million fvcking almajiri's? The whole thing is so damn annoying! angry
They get free money and abuse it.

shut the eff up you bas.tard angry

you oil is not needed in the north ok,.,. mumu angry

have we not been surviving without even before your father was born to this earth ass.hole cool

if u do not know what to type just don't mumu bas.tard
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 12:21am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

first of all how was nigeria developed,.,. was it the north that exported groundnuts and cottin which were the major export at that time before we even found oil at all,.,., exporting metric tonnes of cotton and groundnuts

So what has happened, be objective, why has production diminished whilst the population has increased?

alj harem:

secondly, the meat, pepper and tomatoes sold on the street of lagos, aba, port harcount, balysea, kwara, kogi, ebonyi, ibadan and so on,.,. who provides them,.,. or is it crude oil that we have been feeding on all this years undecided

Would it not have been cheaper to import this produce than being in a political union where members of a region do not deem their allegiance to Africa and Black Africans more important than external allegiances?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 1:10am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

So what has happened, be objective, why has production diminished whilst the population has increased?

Would it not have been cheaper to import this produce than being in a political union where members of a region do not deem their to Africa and Black Africans more important than external allegiances?

@1st point

who told you production has diminished the production still remain the same only that the selling price is not cheaper because of countries like brazil and co

@2nd point
you might be right or wrong not too sure but in what context are you using allegiance
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 1:18am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

@1st point

who told you production has diminished the production still remain the same only that the selling price is not cheaper because of countries like brazil and co

@2nd point
you might be right or wrong not too sure but in what context are you using allegiance

Production has increased? Thats news to me (or propaganda for you). Moreover, how much arable land is not being used atm.
You also are very aware of what I mean by allegiance, allegiance to the motherland, to Africa, to Nigeria, to Black Africans first.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 1:24am On Feb 25, 2011
I de laf! grin

Every thief in Nigeria forgot about their groundnut pyramids as soon as oil was discovered.
Because of free oil money, instead of developing we are overrun by 10 million almajiri's.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 1:30am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

Production has increased? Thats news to me (or propaganda for you). Moreover, how much arable land is not being used atm.
You also are very aware of what I mean by allegiance, allegiance to the motherland, to Africa, to Nigeria, to Black Africans first.

1st point

i never said production has increase,.,. please read my post again,,.,. i said it remained the same because the government has not invested money on the farmers to buy equipments and other things since it is not vaible and makes no sense because of the cost od production to the ratio of the selling price of groundnut and cotton

2nd point

yes i am black first before any other thing,.,.,. i am not arab which i clearly know and everyone in the north knows that

we have never called ourselves arabian

so what is your point undecided
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 1:32am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

I de laf! grin

Every thief in Nigeria forgot about their groundnut pyramids as soon as oil was discovered.
Because of free oil money, instead of developing we are overun by 10 million almajiri's.

10 million almajiri is more than the population of ijaw+isoko+urhobo+anioma all added together

this almajiri you make fun of are ruling your jonathan and will be president of this nation,., we can make the bet now wink mumu
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 1:43am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

I de laf! grin

Because of free oil money, instead of developing we are overun by 10 million almajiri's.

Will you support any oil revenue sharing deal that would encourage the North to secede similary to the deal between Northern and Southern Sudan?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 1:50am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

1st point

i never said production has increase,.,. please read my post again,,.,. i said it remained the same because the government has not invested money on the farmers to buy equipments and other things since it is not vaible and makes no sense because of the cost od production to the ratio of the selling price of groundnut and cotton

2nd point

yes i am black first before any other thing,.,.,.  i am not arab which i clearly know and everyone in the north knows that

we have never called ourselves arabian

so what is your point undecided

My point is that I believe it is wrong to place ones allegiance to foreign religions before the allegiance to Africa, Black Africa, and the Welfare of Black Africans. This is part of the reason why Black Africans remain crawling and will never be seen as equal partners by other races.
In the thread below, I asked you the same question:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=610234.msg7783055#msg7783055

and this was your reply:

alj harem:

you see yourself and you call yourself educated

i said we can co-exist

do i have to put my religion aside because of africa

i believe Allah is more important than  any africa,.,. FACT

so why should i put a white man's word (africa) above God

tell me

you and beaf are unbelievable angry

Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 1:53am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

10 million almajiri is more than the population of ijaw+isoko+urhobo+anioma all added together

this almajiri you make fun of are ruling your jonathan and will be president of this nation,., we can make the bet now wink mumu

Yes, that might be true.

. . .But what is more worrying is that their number is greater than that of the following DEVELOPED countries, Sweden,  Switzerland, Israel, Hong Kong, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Singapore, Ireland, New Zealand etc. Bloody hell! shocked shocked shocked
Yet all their states know is how to falsify population figures to get free oil money to steal, while turning a blind eye to the almajiri conveyor belt. The almajiri's in turn only know how to steal ra'pe, kill and feed fat on free oil money.

Sad, sad, sad. cry cry cry cry
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 1:54am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

Will you support any oil revenue sharing deal that would encourage the North to secede similary to the deal between Northern and Southern Sudan?

No.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 2:00am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

No.

Hahaha,

Then the North and the South are married forever. For good, bad and ugly times till Jesus comes.
Did I hear someone say amen?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Rhino5dm: 2:08am On Feb 25, 2011
Funny a enough the guy is not even a northerner, so how can he speak for them??. They are consider traitors(dont ask me the kind of treatment given to traitors!).The guy that was thanking GEJ for bringing facebook into Nigeria should not be taking by any pinch of salt.

. . . IF THE NORTH CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT OIL, CAN THE SOUTH-SOUTH SURVIVE WITHOUT IT?? OR can the US survive without oil?? ki ni big deal. Wapt thinking from celebrated foo.ls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Incured The Wrath Of The Ooni Of Ife - He Can Never Rule Nigeria. / Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup / Full List Of Victims In Dana Air Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.