Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,566 members, 7,801,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

All Nigerians Look Alike - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All Nigerians Look Alike (9988 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans / Let All Nigerians Condemn This Shameful British Act / The Way Many(not All) Nigerians Behave At Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Nigerians Look Alike by Ikengawo: 5:25am On Feb 26, 2011
everyone wants to say igbos look like this and yorubas look like this, but in the end of the day you all look alike and are the only ones that see the differences.
the only thing that indicates 'tribal look' is the superficial things you guys put on like tribal marks or some distinct traditional wears. other then that you all look the same.

if you don't believe me tell me what tribe these people are from

[img]http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AQASksdwEllFqh5ny_pVcLJZGlos_yC77NzFPZharJfJfIEFtoLgZNV8x464Gf1cfj8&size=normal&usedef=1[/img]

you apes couldn't tell me where any of these ppl 'originate' from because the fact of the matter is you all look alike and want to point the finger at someone else and say you're better then them based on 'tribe' to compensate for your lack of personal achievements in life.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Ikengawo: 5:36am On Feb 26, 2011
at least in the US the blacks and whites can tell each other apart from a mile away.

and we're hear arguing if goodluck jonathan is ijaw or igbo lol

who was arguing if ronald reagan was white or black?

goodluck jonathan is black lol, end of story.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 26, 2011
nice post , the girls are fine , do you have their email add or fone number cool (not the one in black and white pic)
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2011
DRlulu:

nice post , the girls are fine , do you have their email add or fone number cool (not the one in black and white pic)

LOL grin

Why not?
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2011
what an adorable little baby. cheesy

@ op did you just add the photo of kb's alledged wife into that mix.

abi you're kb?
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Ikengawo: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2011
who the hell's KB?
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:48am On Feb 27, 2011
You think Fulanis and Kanuris look like other Nigerians?

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Ikengawo: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2011
I'm igbo and have 5 relatives anyone can easily call fulani or kanuri by look

anyone can find an igbo or yoruba that looks like abacha who is kanuri

and if ppl didn't know El Rufai was fulani, you could easily say he looks like any member of any tribe
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2011
So you actually think the average Fulani or Kanuri, or the majority of them look like those two individuals?

And the very fact that you had to use Igbos as an example of people that could, in multiple instances, look Fulani or Kanuri just reinforces my point.

Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2011
As a non nigerian, i don't think nigerians look alike, behold exhibit A and B.

http://www.kanuri.net/kanuri_and_their_neighbours2.php?aID=232&cID=

http://www.kanuri.net/pic.php?pID=119

Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 7:12am On Mar 02, 2011
exhibit B:

Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 7:13am On Mar 02, 2011
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by annita19(f): 6:22am On Mar 04, 2011
lo I am not a Nigerian but this is so not true smiley
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Ikengawo: 10:55am On Mar 14, 2011
[img]http://So you actually think the average Fulani or Kanuri, or the majority of them look like those two individuals?

And the very fact that you had to use Igbos as an example of people that could, in multiple instances, look Fulani or Kanuri just reinforces my point.

Stop deceiving yourself.[/img]

all you people have done is talk about fulani and kanuri

i persent fulani and kanuri men that look like they can be a part of any ijaw village and you're still in doubt.

what feature does this man possess that it's ripe in Yoruba Igbo Igala or Tiv land?

I can name you 20 igbo head masters that look like this man.

i believe nigerians on an individual basis look different, but grouping them look wise is vague.

there's A LOT of dark igbos, and light igbos, dark yoruba and light yoruba, this is the same in every tribe

there are igbos and yoruba with straight noses like northerners are typically said to have, and northerners with round noses that southerners are said to have

you all look alike lol.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ezeagu(m): 6:37pm On Mar 14, 2011
Ikengawo:

[img]http://So you actually think the average Fulani or Kanuri, or the majority of them look like those two individuals?

i persent fulani and kanuri men that look like they can be a part of any ijaw village and you're still in doubt.

what feature does this man possess that it's ripe in Yoruba Igbo Igala or Tiv land?

i believe nigerians on an individual basis look different, but grouping them look wise is vague.

there's A LOT of dark igbos, and light igbos, dark yoruba and light yoruba, this is the same in every tribe

there are igbos and yoruba with straight noses like northerners are typically said to have, and northerners with round noses that southerners are said to have

you all look alike lol.

Just give it up, no ones buying it, even non-Nigerians can. You can't tell the difference because you're not Nigerian. There are exceptions in every group, but an average market woman/man in Nigeria can tell when someone is their family, even some non-Africans can tell Nigerian groups apart. If all Nigerians look alike, then the whole of West Africa looks alike with your reasoning. What is with all this thinking in colonial borders?
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
h
Ikengawo:

you all look alike lol.

the point is you may have some individual among them that may look like that, which is uncommon to the other ethnic groups in nigeria. I am wondering how may yoruba look similar to that little girl and man?

Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
Here is a hausa video, I think the lady is probably tuareg or shuwa arab and the guy is fulani extraction, do he looks like the average igbo or yoruba. This is a nigerian video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8z41Ft6a3s&feature=channel_video_title

Does the guy in 0:28-0:32 looks like your average ibo or yoruba, If i may ask? Your statement was all nigerians look basically alike, i beg to differ. It is like saying that all sudanese look basically the same, but as we knows their is a great difference from north and south sudan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duTaW4Wb2v0&feature=player_embedded
north sudan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4EUL8xDlkE
south sudan

do we look alike as well, by your logic. I have to admit it is a contrast in sudan, but in nigeria case you may have individuals from different groups that may resemble each others, but do you logically believe that is the case for everyone in the group, i notice that the fulanis are more varied than southern groups in your country, indeed the people you posted, look no different than the yoruba or igbo, in which i agree, but does that apply to all fulanis obviously not. In other words, nt everyone looks alike. I must admit the little girl look like a typical Northern Sudanese, which destroy the myth that all nigerians look alike.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
fulani man from northern nigerian i think he is a actor

Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
shuwa boy from borno state nigeria

Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2011
Former governor of kano state nigeria

Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by ababda: 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by namfav(m): 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2011
my mates from the south know where im from automatically, i never get mistaken for anything other than northerner
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by bokohalal(m): 2:04am On Nov 28, 2011
namfav:

my mates from the south know where im from automatically, i never get mistaken for anything other than northerner
Depends. I have two younger sisters and a female first cousin that we call fulanis. There are some Bini and Esan boys I know that you would swear have Arab blood. The mere fact that we even refer to these people and others that look like them as different from the norm shows that there are some particular physical attributes within a community. But now and then some defy it.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by tpia5: 2:32am On Nov 28, 2011
^^and what exactly precludes northern looking southerners from having arab or white blood?

the fact that they might be unaware they have any?

@ topic

no they dont.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by namfav(m): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2011
the whole point is that you said, SOME, if you grow up in a fulani, hausa etc. house you would know that we have features that make us unique, its not some

quote author=bokohalal link=topic=612421.msg9645493#msg9645493 date=1322442258]
Depends. I have two younger sisters and a female first cousin that we call fulanis. There are some  Bini and Esan boys I know that you would swear have Arab blood. The mere fact that we even refer to these people and others that look like them as different from the norm shows that there are some particular physical attributes within a community. But now and then [b]some [/b]defy it.
[quote][/quote]
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Nnenna1(f): 6:57am On Nov 28, 2011
^^^ You actually look like one of my cousins.

I can see where the OP is coming from - but each individual tribe has a stereotyped look. Stereotypes have some basis in truth, I guess.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by namfav(m): 7:25am On Nov 28, 2011
prove it first

Nnenna1:

^^^ You actually look like one of my cousins.

I can see where the OP is coming from - but each individual tribe has a stereotyped look. Stereotypes have some basis in truth, I guess.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by Nnenna1(f): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2011
lol why? It's your prerogative if you choose not to believe. Just made a comment smiley.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by namfav(m): 10:03am On Nov 28, 2011
i believe wink

Nnenna1:

lol why? It's your prerogative if you choose not to believe. Just made a comment smiley.
Re: All Nigerians Look Alike by bokohalal(m): 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
I lived in Kano and schooled in Maiduguri(how I miss the place). I know the so called Hausa/fulani/Kanuri/shuwa. Minus tribal marks and attires they look just like many people in the south.
And right there in Benin city I had a neighbour we called 'Ethiopia'due to her physique colour and looks.
tpia@:

^^and what exactly precludes northern looking southerners from having arab or white blood?

the fact that they might be unaware they have any?

@ topic

no they dont.
If Northern looking southerners have Arab blood then Arab looking is not exclusive to Northerners.My point all along.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Vs. American Culture / The Origin Of Lagos And Bini Relationship / What Are The Tribes Yoruba Defeated At War In History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.