Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Builders & Developers Wise Up! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Builders & Developers Wise Up! (3655 Views)

Builders / Developers ( Building, Roads, Drainages, Dams, Etc) / It's Wise To Rent A House During Rainy Season In Lagos (photo) / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 8:10am On Feb 27, 2011
Good day Nlers. I want to share my knowledge with any interested members on electrical wires and cables, as I am willing to assist all builders and developers as regards to that aspect.
Reason is I have benefited from some selfless services in Nairaland and I am willing to offer this in return.
So all questions regarding electrical wires and cables should please be posted here for quick answer.
Surely more post of mine would follow suit.
Thank you all and do go to service today.
Ciao.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 9:26am On Feb 28, 2011
Good day house. Ever wondered why no matter a skill you possess in 'haggling' down prices, your electricain seems to always get the better of you in terms of wire purchases? I will post the reasons in my next post. Look forward too it!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
Hello, everyone. smiley

Sorry I was not available to update you, but then again, here I am.

In the name of copper (cu) ie, the main component used in producing pvc wire and cables for electrical works and wiring, there are 6 different versions of it!

shocked yes! six different versions of it!

That is the main reason why there are different variations in prices of the all-called originals/ made-in-nigeria/china electrical wires and cables.

undecided The 2nd reason,

bookmark this thread, for its coming soon.

Cheers all!

2dmax
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 10:15am On Mar 04, 2011
The 2nd reason will be pasted very soon! My candid advise is for all builders and developers to postpone their orders till they hear from me FIRST!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 7:25am On Mar 05, 2011
Will be posting much later today.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2011
Sorry folks for the delay. A lot of factor has made not to post as intended.

One of them is our sloppy network. All my private internet systems are down or outright slow, many a times I had completed my post, then once I click, i get disconnected! I had to start all over again and its out right frustrating!

Right now and all thru sunday I was battling in out at various internet cafes around my area and they have not been spectacular as well!

Then lastly and most importantly, fellow dealers and electricians have been bombarding my email box, asking me what I am up to and tend to achieve with this thread! Even someone wrote to say he is from SON!

But I will do what I have to do, and Lawyer, please, I am not breaking any rules or am I?
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ Lawyer, intended to ask if I am breaking any laws, well you can give me a response at your free time.

2dmax:

Hello, everyone. smiley

Sorry I was not available to update you, but then again, here I am.

In the name of copper (cu) ie, the main component used in producing pvc wire and cables for electrical works and wiring, there are 6 different versions of it!

shocked yes! six different versions of it!

That is the main reason why there are different variations in prices of the all-called originals/ made-in-nigeria/china electrical wires and cables.

undecided The 2nd reason,

bookmark this thread, for its coming soon.

Cheers all!

2dmax
Following up, the 2nd reason is how the coils of the wires/cables are being moulded. By that I mean, any particular coil will have a hole inside of it, ranging from 5 cm radius to 15 cm radius; depending on the type of wire and the size of it.
A wire/cable of 85 yards can be re moulded to look like and pass for a 100 yards type. a 100m cable can be remoulded into 2 coils of 65m look alike and sold for such.

All this translated that when you are disposed to meet with a dealer of true 80 yards standard cable/wire and he gives out his best price, you will likely tend to see a cloned 85 yards elsewhere at a better pricing which may likely fit your budget!

So do the maths yourself! Even electrician (big TIMERS wiring estates) have all fallen prey to this.  shocked

IMAGINE!!!!

SO, now we have learnt 2 key points, which are:
1.THERE ARE SIX TYPES OF COPPER (Cu) IN THE MARKET BEING PASSED FOR THE MAIN THING.

2. THE HOLES IN THE COILS MAKES IT CLONE-ABLE, THEREBY CONFUSING THE PURCHASER!!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2011
At this junction, I must add that if you want to know the 6 different types of cu used in producing cables/wires, do mail me so i can send you the reply.

The heat on my shutting up is gearing up!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2011
2dmax can be reached with maxndianaefo@yahoo.com
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 5:03am On Mar 08, 2011
grin I had to wake up this early to post so as to avoid the internet quagmire.

Good morning House.

Adding to point 2 stated in my earlier post; a coil of wire/cable normally has 3 sides. That is seen when a coil is layed on the ground in this way : ---------->.

Kapish? Then lets move ahead.

Remember elementary arithmetic on how to check volume? Ideas anyone?!

L xB x H!

So do to the cylinder like shape of a coil, we suffice L x B x H to be A x B x C, where A is the length of the side of the coil from the ground up, denoted like this : |

B is then the radius size of the inner hole of the coil.

C is the length of the coil from the inner hole to the edge of the outer ring of the coil.

Damn let me post o, e be like say my network don start, will complete this later.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 5:14am On Mar 08, 2011
Hi guys. I'm back!

So going further, due to the fact that all cable manufacturer (both local and imported)has their different policies of deriving A x B x C (remember my last post?), there is no one uniform design on that!

Then, how do we get to avoid being cheated on point 2, some one may ask?

Answers:
1. Name/brands of coils and wires are normally printed on its pvc body. No one
Brand size should different from the other, ie all kabelmetal/coleman/liberty etc 1mm twin should be d same!

2. The bigger one is usually the adjusted one!

3. The bigger one ia also the cheaper one due to 2 above.

Let me post! U know, network!

Hhmmphh!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 7:27am On Mar 09, 2011
Sorry guys,

Rephrasing nos 1 and 2 above;

The bigger looking ones,

Thanks and expect more posts!

Maxndianaefo@yahoo.com.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by kuntash: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2011
guy can u show some pictures? maybe they could help differentiate the good one from the bad ones or substandard ones
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2011
kuntash:

guy can u show some pictures? maybe they could help differentiate the good one from the bad ones or substandard ones
kuntash, nice observation and suggestion! But the truth of the matter is that even pictures wont do justice to what I actually what consumers to know. Reasons are a) the pictures will only show the coils, it wont show the conductors that is the bone contention. b) the pictures showing the coils will only show the brand of the coil, which is only one of the many cables (up to 70 types both imported and made in nigeria) currently in the market. c) that lucky coil(?) on the picture may be perceived as the best and consumers (knowing our penchant forr short cuts) may take to buying these brand posted, which will lead to the sellers cloning and rebranding other wire/cable as one pictured. So kuntash, inasmuch it may be deemed neccessary to post pictures, which I may still have to do, it is important to know the six different types of Cu used, their pros and cons, the dealers that sell the best cables that are imported, the differences between made in nigeria and the imported, etc. So sir, I feel I have an uphill task ahead, and replies like your will ginger me to eductae the public the little knowledge I have garnered. I already have a buyer come f rrom nairaland and after being told d prices, hee said the ones in his area is cheaper! well, he mayy have not read my posts!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2011
Do post your mails so the 6 types of wire/cable in the market, their pros and cons and other infos can be forwarded to you. This is a public thread and I have been criticised a lot from peers and electricians alike! @am alone, I am yet to see your mail. It remains: maxndianaefo@yahoo.com
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2011
Hello Nlers! Still awaiting your mails. To those that have emailed, I will be replying tonite when internet connection are much better!

Later, house!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by oluwabamis(m): 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2011
my email is oayorinde at gmail.com. thanks for ur time
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 8:15am On Mar 13, 2011
Gd mrng Sir. You will get a mail by monday.
Cheers!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2011
@oluwabamis, i have sent d reply to ur quest to ur box. Also pwendy/doozie/bubu/ odobodo/affi/prince/nwa don/okuku/indigu i have all sent u mails. Keep them coming!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2011
@ kuntash, hope this will suffice? Cheers.

CAVEAT: THIS ELECTRICAL CABLE PICTURE SHOULD NOT BE REPRESENTED AS HAVING THE ENDORSEMENT OF THE POSTER! BUYERS BEWARE!

Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
hello all. Hope my answers to your emails are becoming handy!
More pictures and post coming soon on this thread!
You no longer have to pay thru your nose for electrical wires/cables!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2011
will be posting more pixs soon
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2011
Hello guys. Suceeded in replying all your mails.
@prettwendy, I am expecting your call for d visit. Sorry my reply is coming now.
To all, more posts coming soon!
2dmax.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2011
do check your spam mails. More info and pix coming soon.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hello all! another tip is this: All wires and cables are insulated with pvc ( i hope y'all know what that means). For those that dont, pvc is that rubber like material that sheilds the main conductor of the wire/cable itself. The main job of the pvc is to actually insulate the heat exhuming from the conductor when its transmitting power, another of this job is too differentiate the wires/cables(ie when coloured) from each other. Now the industry standard of the pvc insulator is ranged from 1.5mm to 3.0mm depending on the wire/cable type, but for normal home use, its actually 1.5mm. Most substandard wires have just 0.6mm insulated pvc, thereby making the conductor heat uninsulable which leads to melted wires. The reason for this is that they reduce it for better pricing and since that most usage of wires/cables in urban cities are external, they count on the air to help the insulation.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2011
@ ukamaka, i have replied your mail. Do furnish me with the details I requested, so you can get a detailed explanation. 2dmax.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2011
@azeez, hv replied. Check it out @ ur mail.
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
Hi house,
sorry for no new posts.
Been busy delivering to sites as far as ogori magongo in benue state. Thank God d riots didnt reach there!
More pixs and posts coming soon!
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by oluwabamis(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2011
hi 2dmax, Im almost at the stage of wiring my house, I will get in touch with you soon. i will let you know the electrician's quotation
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by oluwabamis(m): 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
oluwabamis:

hi 2dmax, Im almost at the stage of wiring my house, I will get in touch with you soon. i will let you know the electrician's quotation
notin do u, my bros! God go make sure u complete your house jeje!
Will be waiting for d mail.
Later
2dmax
Re: Builders & Developers Wise Up! by 2dmax(m): 11:14am On May 03, 2011
@egwu/makuo/chicksy/stuff/hella and d rest, i have replied your mails.
To my readers, would have posted more pix but there is no light (thanks to phcn) where I am supplying to site presently, so i am currently using my fone browser. Guess where? Assa-mbriellem in imo state, dem love rochas die for here o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Investors Needed To Acquire This Cheap Land(urgent) / Automatic Phase Changer (automatic PHCN Cutout Changer) For Your Property/office / Paint: Resist Fungi/algae, Growth & Fire/heat Retardant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.