Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine (2128 Views)

You’re Peddling Falsehood, Okonjo-iweala To Ameachi / Akwa-Ibom LG Chairman Arrested For Smuggling $82,000 Into USA / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EKONGKING: 8:04pm On Feb 27, 2011
NEW DELHI: The Special Cell of Delhi Police has arrested a Nigerian national for his alleged involvement in smuggling and peddling cocaine in Delhi. Police claimed to have recovered 3gm of cocaine worth Rs 1.25 lakh from his possession. The accused, identified as Ekene Okeke (26), hails from Lagos. He was apprehended at Shalimar Bagh on the night of February 23, said police.

The arrest came following investigation into an input that a few Nigerians were involved in supplying cocaine to clients, especially in hotels and discotheques. Okeke told police that he had come to deliver cocaine to a person
on the directions of his boss,
who is also a Nigerian national and is known as Prince, said a police officer.

"Prince is very cautious while communicating with his associates and clients, and does business with clients only after proper verification or with those referred by known persons from the circle of drug users," the police officer said.

Okeke is a well-known football player in Nigeria, shocked shocked shocked and has played for a reputed football club in Lagos, police said. On his first visit to India in 2008 Okeke met Prince, who lured the former to work for him. Okeke had gone back to Nigeria in that year, but the lure of making a quick buck by supplying drugs prompted him to come to India again this year.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Nigerian-footballer-held-with-cocaine/articleshow/7577844.cms
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by buzugee(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2011
okeke we hail thee.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by againstGEJ(m): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2011
blame GEJ
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2011
EKONGKING:

NEW DELHI: The Special Cell of Delhi Police has arrested a Nigerian national for his alleged involvement in smuggling and peddling cocaine in Delhi. Police claimed to have recovered 3gm of cocaine worth Rs 1.25 lakh from his possession. The accused, identified as[b] Ekene Okeke (26), hails from Lagos. [/b]He was apprehended at Shalimar Bagh on the night of February 23, said police.

The arrest came following investigation into an input that a few Nigerians were involved in supplying cocaine to clients, especially in hotels and discotheques. Okeke told police that he had come to deliver cocaine to a person
on the directions of his boss,
who is also a Nigerian national and is known as Prince, said a police officer.

"Prince is very cautious while communicating with his associates and clients, and does business with clients only after proper verification or with those referred by known persons from the circle of drug users," the police officer said.

Okeke is a well-known football player in Nigeria, shocked shocked shocked and has played for a reputed football club in Lagos, police said. On his first visit to India in 2008 Okeke met Prince, who lured the former to work for him. Okeke had gone back to Nigeria in that year, but the lure of making a quick buck by supplying drugs prompted him to come to India again this year.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Nigerian-footballer-held-with-cocaine/articleshow/7577844.cms

he is an ibo boy,so he must tell us which ibo state he hailed from.yoruba dont bear that kind of name angry
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^^
stop that kind of thinking. We are all nigerians. Shifting blame to between tribes is a useful divide and conquer tool used to keep sending Nigeria deeper into the dirt. Don't let yourself be used as a pawn.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by jason123: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

he is an ibo boy,so he must tell us which ibo state he hailed from.yoruba dont bear that kind of name angry

Omo, do not let NL turn you to a tribalist. Na Naija guy and any shame on a naija guy is a shame on ALL of us regardless of the ethnic group.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by AljUche: 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

seriously i do not know how you think,,,.,. did the article say igbo, yoruba or ijaw ?

the article says nigerian,.,. haba angry angry
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2011
why did the poster even wrote SMUGGLING? no smuggling happened if the guy was simply caught in a hotel room with 3 MERE grams. nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2011
jason123:

Omo, do not let NL turn you to a tribalist. Na Naija guy and any shame on a naija guy is a shame on ALL of us regardless of the ethnic group.

naija guy who happens to be an ibo boy but went to india to commit crime only to claim he hailed from lagos ? haba,only a basttard will point to his father's

house with his left hand. tongue

Alj Uche:

seriously i do not know how you think,,,.,. did the article say igbo, yoruba or ijaw ?

the article says nigerian,.,. haba angry angry

but the boy says lagos even when you and i know his name is an ibo name.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2011
Nigerian my azz.  angry
Seriously, they need to start forcing ppl to state their origin. . . .Yorubaland should not be held responsible for all this blacklist after the separation of the country.

I read a similar news just yest. . . .what is up with Igboman and drugs? shocked No wonder EzeUche posts seems like he posted them while he is getting high  grin
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EzeUche2(m): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2011
We all know Igbos are part of this illicit trade. No biggie to me. As long as they don't sell in their own communities.

Sell it to the Hausa or the Yoruba or any other group and make a nice profit.

As the saying goes, NEVER GET HIGH ON YOUR OWN SUPPLY. grin
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2011
If he had won an election to the Indian parliament, you will see the Biafrans here in a jiffy, extolling the unparalled abilities of ibos.

He is ibo, period.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

We all know Igbos are part of this illicit trade. No biggie to me. As long as they don't sell in their own communities.

LOL grin grin I can no longer vouch for your sanity!
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by jason123: 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2011
Aigbofa:

If he had won an election to the Indian parliament, you will the Biafrans here in a jiffy, extolling the unparalled abilities of ibos.

He is ibo, period.

Valid point!!!
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

We all know Igbos are part of this illicit trade. No biggie to me. A[b]s long as they don't sell in their own communities.[/b]

As the saying goes, NEVER GET HIGH ON YOUR OWN SUPPLY
.  grin

Yea right. Enugu is NOW the State of Drugs. . . . smh embarassed
Ekiti state grows them, Enugu state gets high on them. Give Enugu state a few more years, and Mexico drug dealers wont have anything on them.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548232.96.html#msg7448770
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

As the saying goes, NEVER GET HIGH ON YOUR OWN SUPPLY.  grin

ol boy,seems your brother sold it to the wrong people.don't worry they would send his corpse home to nnewi after his execution.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by AljUche: 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2011
Aigbofa:

If he had won an election to the Indian parliament, you will the Biafrans here in a jiffy, extolling the unparalled abilities of ibos.

He is ibo, period.

very good point but at the end of the day igbos are nigerians so he is a nigerian
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2011
Alj Uche:

very good point but at the end of the day igbos are nigerians so he is a nigerian

Nobody is saying he's not Nigerian. But all these "a j'okuta ma m'omi" needa start recognizing their father's house. Like some one said, only baztards point to their father's home with their left apku finger.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by jason123: 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2011
Alj Uche:

must you agree with anything i say must you follow me are you gay you keep following me angry
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by AljUche: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2011
jason123:

must you agree with anything i say must you follow me are you gay you keep following me angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin

i am not following you grin grin

all i state is my 2 kobo that is all
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EzeUche2(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yea right. Enugu is NOW the State of Drugs. . . . smh embarassed
Ekiti state grows them, Enugu state gets high on them. Give Enugu state a few more years, and Mexico drug dealers wont have anything on them.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548232.96.html#msg7448770

What is wrong with smoking a little Igbo? It never harmed anyone! It actually helps relaxes people. That's why you have people like Bob Marley talking about its medicinal benefits.

Keep on growing them while we Igbos pay you in peanuts. And then we make a good profit selling it to others.

Nigeria may be the next Colombia. Well never mind. . . I don't want that.

Instead of Pablo Escobar, people will be talking about someone named Peter Chukwu.  Eze EGO! grin
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EzeUche2(m): 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2011
~Bluetooth:

ol boy,seems your brother sold it to the wrong people.don't worry they would send his corpse home to nnewi after his execution.

The Indians wont execute him. This is not Singapore. He will probably get a few years in prison if that, then he will be deported back to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

What is wrong with smoking a little Igbo? It never harmed anyone! It actually helps relaxes people. That's why you have people like Bob Marley talking about its medicinal benefits.

Keep on growing them while we Igbos pay you in peanuts. And then we make a good profit selling it to others.

Nigeria may be the next Colombia. Well never mind. . . I don't want that.

Instead of Pablo Escobar, people will be talking about someone named Peter Chukwu.  Eze EGO! grin

Obviously, we're selling it to you, o you ediots can sell them overseas.
Obv this thread and countless others showcases the ediocy of the Igboman to constantly sell "Igbo" oversea grin After knocking out your own ppl in the S.E.

Nigeria needs to separate before this Youth's fixation with drugs becomes as rampant in Yorubaland as it is with Enugu.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2011
Once again, the suspect does not hail from Lagos. . . . either he's ashamed of hailing from his father's land like so many other Igbos. . . .or he's simply ignorant of his father's land, like so many other Igbos.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EzeUche2(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Obviously, we're selling it to you, o you ediots can sell them overseas.
Obv this thread and countless others showcases the ediocy of the Igboman to constantly sell "Igbo" oversea grin After knocking out your own ppl in the S.E.

Nigeria needs to separate before this Youth's fixation with drugs becomes as rampant in Yorubaland as it is with Enugu.

Yes, you are selling it to us for little money. The profits can be made overseas. That is why you find many of our youth traveling to Asia or Europe to sell this product.

We all have our vices. Igbos have drugs, Bini people have prostitution, Yorubas have scammers, Hausa have terrorist.

We are all one big happy CORRUPT family.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

Yes, you are selling it to us for little money. The profits can be made overseas. That is why you find many of our youth traveling to Asia or Europe to sell this product.

We all have our vices. Igbos have drugs, Bini people have prostitution, Yorubas have scammers, Hausa have terrorist.

Rotting in jail is now profit to an Igbo man. He no dey surprise anyone na. No be 2day we don talk am say Igbo man no dey get spine anymore. Go on soldier. . . . or drugdealer.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EzeUche2(m): 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Once again, the suspect does not hail from Lagos. . . . either he's ashamed of hailing from his father's land like so many other Igbos. . . .or he's simply ignorant of his father's land, like so many other Igbos.

He was born and raised in Lagos, so he hails from Lagos. If you have a problem with that, go jump off a cliff. Just like a Nigerian who was born and raised in Houston, he hails from Houston.

You understand that?
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

We all have our vices. Igbos have drugs, Bini people have prostitution, [b]Yorubas have scammers, Hausa have terrorist.[/b]

Like Tobechi and Emmanuel Nwude?

My friend, the ibos are unfortunately numero uno in all major crimes in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by jason123: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

WELL SAID EZEUCHE!!!
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

He was born and raised in Lagos, so he hails from Lagos. If you have a problem with that, go jump off a cliff. Just like a Nigerian who was born and raised in Houston, he hails from Houston.

You understand that?

Look Igboman, start telling your people to learn their father's land. Stop being bastardz overseas. Is it so depressing to say "I am from Anambra"? O ma se! These drug dealers will never cease to amaze me.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by EzeUche2(m): 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Rotting in jail is now profit to an Igbo man. He no dey surprise na. Na 2day we don talk am say Igbo man no dey get spine anymore. Go on soldier. . . . or drugdealer.

What about the thousands who get away with it? I am not trying to moralize this, but many have survived to tell the tale. Come to Igboland and see the mansions of these drug peddlers.

What does this have to do with "spine?" I say it takes a lot of spine to go to another man's land and peddle such narcotics, even though there is a greater risk of being caught.
Re: Nigerian Footballer Held For Smuggling And Peddling Cocaine by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

What about the thousands who get away with it? I am not trying to moralize this, but many have survived to tell the tale. Come to Igboland and see the mansions of these drug peddlers.

What does this have to do with "spine?" I say it takes a lot of spine to go to another man's land and peddle such narcotics, even though there is a greater risk of being caught.

Is there a reason why a man who thinks drugdealing/rotting in Jail is a profiting business is still posting? As if we already didnt know thousands more Igbos get away with the crime. Infact, start claiming Biafran plz, it would make it easier on Nigerians.
Lemme guess, killing your wives is also the norm in Igboland?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos-state-speaker-kuforiji-in-alleged-adulterous-scandal / It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship / 3 Of The 183 Thugs Caught In IMO Are Aregbesola's Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.