Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Help With Book Publishing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help With Book Publishing (1106 Views)

Book Publishing And Intellectual Property Theft / The Latest:nigerian Book Publishing, Writing And Marketing. / Book Publishing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Book Publishing by owunmi: 4:42am On Feb 28, 2011
Hello Nlanders'

I want to know if anyone has had experience publishing books in Nigeria. and if so what was your experience with your publisher.

I have several manuscripts for children's books authored by me and whilst I have approached a major book publishing firm - West African Book Publishers, I've still not submitted any of my manuscripts to them as I'm at a loss as to how I can package the material so as to guard against theft of my intellectual property possibly by staff of the publishing house.

I also would like to know how well our publishing firms offer. Has anyone made much from using a publishing house.

Any advice on book publishing is also welcome please.
Re: Help With Book Publishing by franc1982(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
I know of a publishing house in Abuja, Planning to publish mine there, the package is good. Here is my number 08064640406. Cld offer advice
Re: Help With Book Publishing by MyneWhite1(f): 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
I suggest you go to the nearest National Library to you and register the books for copyright. Check for ANA, Association of Nigerian Authors, they can advise you. Publishing does not pay immediately, you have to be patient.

All the best.
Re: Help With Book Publishing by owunmi: 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
Thanks a lot for the response guys.

Would be in touch soon franc1982.

Myne White, I'd be taking your advice.

God bless
Re: Help With Book Publishing by ebooktrump: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
Publishing is a patient venture for all the parties involved. New authors wishing to know the submission requirement of any publisher should visit their office or website or browse the contact details included in such publisher‘s books. Reputable publishers will never play games on anyone‘s manuscript except you are reducing their importance. I will rather suggest that you learn from their reviews of your manuscript.
You can also publish an ebook at www.ebookmarketnigeria.com, should you like to self publish any time.
Re: Help With Book Publishing by ayodele123(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Forget this archaic publishing system that tosses you around like a ball.
Publish your works on Amazon Kindle.
Amazon will do all the marketing for you and send your royalties to you in Nigeria.
With them,your intellectual property is safe,very safe unlike here.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Cultivate The Habit Of Reading? / Why I Love My Mother / How To Mess Up Your Best Friend's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.