Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) (16889 Views)

My Assets As PMB And Vice Have Declared Asset Too / Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million / Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by rookie(m): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2007
How did Uba manage to amass this stupendous wealth? what bussiness, or investments

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=81632
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by angel101(f): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2007
he he he these peeps go kill person o!
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Iman3(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2007
A trillion Naira is about $8 billion.That should make him one of the richest men in the world.I don't believe he declared that amount.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by smile4kenn(m): 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2007
I wonder how much OBJ's asset will worth
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by FaithLeha: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2007
na waoh for that uba man, but i think say them say make e commot for that sit, anyway, you don hear say gene nanji wan do wedding for portugal with chris obukwelu ,and this chris na dominic rita girl friend before?, this one na another uba and anambra fight ooooooooo
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by denex: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2007
I do not believe this man is Richer Than Sir Richard Branson.

Anyway, the truth is that this man has put himself in a very tight corner.

He simply overinflated his word by adjusting for the amount of money he would steal from the Anambra state coffers in the next 4 years.

If this man has actually earned $8billion legally, then he should pay $2.4billion income tax.

If he actually hasn't got $8billion, then he should be charged with attempt to defraud the state.

But I'd rather he just be made to pay $2.4billion.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by gaby(m): 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

He simply overinflated his word by adjusting for the amount of money he would steal from the Anambra state coffers in the next 4 years.

If this man has actually earned $8billion legally, then he should pay $2.4billion income tax.

If he actually hasn't got $8billion, then he should be charged with attempt to defraud the state.

Spot on bro, good talk
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by denex: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2007
I've actually sent a copy of that message to Ribad-guy himself.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by lolypop: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2007
uba nawa oooooooooooooo
still boasting of over 500 branches in nigeria only.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by laudate: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Hehehehehe. . . . . .good talk!
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Iman3(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2007
Na Andy Uba we dey talk of or is it UBA(United Bank of Africa)?
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Iman3(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Assuming this story is true,what it refers to is the net value of his assets.Hence,he does not have to pay income tax for it.Even Bill Gates doesn't earn $8 billion in a year.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by denex: 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2007
@I-man

I read the article and it said ANDY UBA. Unless of course that is the full acronym for the bank.

Anyway, for clarification, I have sent the information to Ribadu's mailbox.

$8billion, that's a fifth of the total wealth of the Nation. So why Sir Richard Branson waste all im life dey invest here and there?

Well, sha na Osun deliver us from that man hand. First of all, he will not get to government house, then secondly he must pay income tax of $2.4 to the national coffers to be set aside for the welfare of Anambra State. The people whom he intended to rob of $8billion, he will now have to pay $2.4billion without touching a single penny of theirs.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Iman3(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2007
denex:

Well, sha na Osun deliver us from that man hand. First of all, he will not get to government house, then secondly he must pay income tax of $2.4 to the national coffers to be set aside for the welfare of Anambra State. The people whom he intended to rob of $8billion, he will now have to pay $2.4billion without touching a single penny of theirs.

How im go pay income tax in regard to the net value of assets?You pay income tax on income earned.

They should thoroughly investigate him and prosecute him.I don't believe the story
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by denex: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2007
@I-man

if he didn't personally earn $8billion, he couldn't have possibly declared a PERSONAL asset of $8billion.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by fromuk(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2007
something must be wrong somewhere, arrest him now before he bail, if this is true then OBJs wealth can never be quantified. God na for ur hand we dey.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by denex: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2007
@fromuk

actually, the man has no such amount. He doesn't even have a billion dollars. Dem dey pick am from ground?

What he did was to devise the dumbest trick in the book. Since he was going to be sworn in as governor, he decided to declare $8billion asset, so that at the end of his tenure, when he would have robbed the Anambra state treasury of $8billion and is then $8billion dollars rich, he can have an alibi that he actually had that money before entering government.

Not only has his plan now failed by losing the seat, but he should also be made to pay an income tax of about 30% for the $8billion he has earned in Nigeria, amounting to $2.4billion.

And please God will not save us in this Nigeria. He's too busy in Iraq and Sudan. We have to save ourselves. Please take action by indicating your concern to nribadu@efccnigeria.com, to the guardian, an all other media bodies. In fact this is a time when CNN and their Jeff Koinange would have come in handy. Contact NLC. In fact, this is the kind of matter that NLC can strike for 2 weeks and I will give them my support.

$8billion. That's just about $200million richer than Richard Branson! Wetin sef?!
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by viee(f): 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2007
I-man:

Na Andy Uba we dey talk of or is it UBA(United Bank of Africa)?

my broda!
i didnt even read it at first becuase i thought he was reffering to UBA!
but Andy Uba worth that much? shocked shocked shocked

something is wrong with this story.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Iman3(m): 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2007
denex:

@I-man

if he didn't personally earn $8billion, he couldn't have possibly declared a PERSONAL asset of $8billion.

Chineke!Denex.Your earnings are not the same as the net value of your assets.Lets say you bought a house for £20,000 in 1975 and now its worth £200,000,are you saying you have earned £200,000 and should pay income tax on it? grin

viee:

my brother!
i didnt even read it at first becuase i thought he was reffering to UBA!
but Andy Uba worth that much? shocked shocked shocked
something is wrong with this story.

The story is clearly false
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by docokwy(m): 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2007
I’ve Not Declared Any Assets, Says Uba
By Ndubuisi Ugah, 06.24.2007

Former Governor Andy Uba of Anambra State at the weekend, described as fictitious media reports, which claimed that he has declared his assets worth N1 trillion.
Uba, in a statement he personally signed, said there was no way he could have declared his assets, when the Supreme Court judgment had on June 14, voided his governorship, a day (June 13) after he was given his assets declaration form.
According to him, "the truth is that none of those writing about my assets can produce any evidence of my so-called assets declaration. This is because I was given the asset declaration form on June 13 and on June 14 the Supreme Court ruled against my governorship".
Media reports had last week stated that Uba had declared assets worth N1 trillion, a report, which drew sharp reactions from Nigerians.
But Uba, while recalling that his only ‘mortal sin’ was serving former President Olusegun Obasanjo and my country to the best of my ability," explained that he regarded "all of that fictitious nonsense as clear attempts by my detractors and their hirelings to embarrass me".
He stated that he deemed "it necessary to set the records straight for the benefit of the vast majority of Nigerians who deserve to know the truth".
"In effect, I had not declared any assets. I wonder then where the newspaper figures are coming from," he said.
The politician, who equally pointed out that he was embarrased by the media reports, however, argued that "it sounds idiotic, if not mischievous to suggest that I have assets worth anything near what some newspapers are peddling. I challenge those gullible enough to parrot that lie to produce a copy of the so-called asset declaration by me."
"For the records, I state once more that I had not declared any assets. Nor did I ever tell anyone how much I am worth. Any report saying how much my assets are worth are at best, a speculation, and at worst, a figment of the imagination of my detractors".
While insisting that facts should be cross-checked before they are published, Uba said "emotional outbursts are easy to make. The hard part is writing credible, verifiable columns. For those who are desperate to tarnish my reputation, writing all manner of lies against me has become a lucrative industry sustained by their pay masters. Yet, I take all of that as the price of public service," he said.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by quickygirl(f): 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2008
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Mar 10, 2008
LMAO!!! Who believes these things?? I still say, the way numbers are thrown around in that country makes you seriouly want to demand to see the financials for these people. Imagine!!!! I don't understand if people do not realize that pushing for transparency in that country, especially when it comes to companies and individuals who have direct or indirect dealings with the government, is one of the best ways to help curb corruption and deal with the leaks we have in the system. What good are we if we blindly celebrate people who steal from us only so we can claim this person or that is a billionaire or trillionaire, even when the case might be that over half of that wealth rightfully belongs to the people.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Jakumo(m): 5:20am On Mar 10, 2008
Andy Uba was THE most powerful and influential person in the Obasanjo government, and the reason was NEPOTISM, pure and simple.

Any person or corporation that qualified to be awarded federal contracts under the Obasanjo regime would require the approval be BOTH President Obasanjo[b] AND Andy Uba[/b], a man who held no official portfolio, and who only rose to a position of such absolute power by virtue of his being a distant relative to Stella, the president's late wife who eventually expired from complications while trying to recapture her never-to-return youth under a surgeon's blade in Spain.

EVERY federal government contractor that benefited from the approval by Lord Andy Uba was naturally expected to cough up enormous US dollar bribes and kickbacks for the privilege, with those funds normally deposited in Andy's offshore bank accounts, making him one of the most wealthy criminals in living existence today.

Anyone who thinks crime does not pay cannot possibly have heard of what transpires every day and all the time in Nigeria's corridors of power.    Welcome to Nigeria, where good is bad, and bad is about as good as you could possibly get.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
i wonder what OBJ is worth?
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by dnex(m): 12:53am On Jun 30, 2009
O boy, where una go dig this story up from?

This is from the days when nairaland was Nairaland.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Jakumo(m): 6:44am On Jun 30, 2009
During the reign of His Majesty King Obasanjo, Andy Uba was the man who had to be appeased with millions of dollars before ANY federal contract could be awarded to ANYONE, thanks to Mr. Uba's exalted status as the third cousin of King Obasanjo's pot-bellied wife's gardener's brother in law.

By virtue of the rights and privileges so bestowed on Mr. Uba, it is not surprising at all to hear that stolen dollar for dollar, Uba is the most prolific treasury looter Nigeria has ever seen. To protect this great wealth from Interpol and other disgruntled elements, it is now imperative that Mr. Uba proceed with his checkbook DIRECTLY to Pastor Eunuch's Redeemed Fleecing Ground, to acquire holy blessings and anointings that will blind the eyes of all investigators with the Chili Pepper of God. Praise the Lord !
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by informat09(m): 8:43am On Jun 30, 2009
THIS GUY DINED WITH OBASANJO FOR 8 YEARS AND was always with baba segee, im sure he had a hand in every major deal that passed through the presidency and was obj's official money launderer

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by desgiezd(m): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2009
Any wonder why he keeps pursuing his governor-in-waiting case over and over again even when the Supreme Court has put a final lid on the case? And I say to the lawyers of Andy "Laugh, enjoy and make your millions in hard currency for your season has come".
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
I think political fatherism seems to be a lucrative biz oh
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by afix(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
Yepa!!!! nibo lo tiri.
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2009
afix:

Yepa!!!! nibo lo tiri.

Politics Corporations
Re: Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) by UCyril: 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2009
How did he make his money,this is what EFCC shld ask, instead they re busy running around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polls: Northern Emirs Back Jega - Punch / Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign / Without Npdp, Buhari Will Win Again - Nasir El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.