Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu (24241 Views)

Bukola Saraki Blasts APC After Buhari Was Booed At National Assembly / 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM / Aisha Buhari Slams APC After They Affirmed Buhari As Its Flag-bearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by 9jaBlogger: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2020
The Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation has called on the traditional media to perform due diligence in reporting events arising from Edo State, "as unprofessionalism would render them as tools for PDP".

This was in a statement forwarded to Igbere TV by the Director of Communication and Media of the Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaign Organisation, Mr John Mayaki, who reacted to claims that APC candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu appealed to Governor Godwin Obaseki to return to APC yesterday at a press conference in Abuja.

Mayaki, who noted that nothing of such happened, explained that "the media has once again lent itself to the fabrications of Governor Godwin Obaseki and the PDP, as they did throughout the election."

"We warned several times that the media should beware of fabrications from Obaseki and the PDP camp, but they did not listen. That is why they have reported that the election was free and fair, and that is why they have said our candidate appealed to Obaseki to come back to APC. The video in reference is from three months ago, not after the election but doctored by Governor Obaseki media handlers to seek undue legitimacy”, he disclosed.

He also wondered if the media was being sponsored by Governor Obaseki and the PDP, as it seemed implausible that they actually believed the story. This is even more so, when reporters in Benin city would report Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who is currently in Abuja where the various media organisations are also domiciled - this is to tell you the suspicion inherent in the viral video.

"Pastor Ize-Iyamu was reported in the stories as speaking from Abuja, but it was the Benin reporters that covered the story. Were the reporters transported to Abuja? Do these media agencies actually believe the stories they carry? Obaseki and the PDP has a way of leaking false news to the media and the media has to be sensitive and professional in receiving these news."

Meanwhile, in the statement made available to Igbere TV, Mayaki also warned that there is a fake twitter account purporting to belong to Pastor Ize-Iyamu, which has been disseminating false information.

He warned the media to avoid it like a plague and verify all their information before passing them on.

He said, "I only wish the media had been more professional during the elections; they were not and what is done is done. They don't know how violent and anti-democratic it was in several parts of Edo State, including Egor in Benin City, and so they reported that the elections were free and fair. At least, going forward, let them verify all news before passing it on. It is the basic ethic of the profession”.

https://igberetvnews.com/1365740/edo-guber-ive-addressed-press-election-says-ize-iyamu/

3 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by collum(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2020
am sure the media is writing unbehave of his thoughts.

Obaseki nor be pastor

PDP NOR BE APC

Edo nor be Lagos

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2020
trash

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2020
Are you ashamed??

10 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by flamingREED(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2020
Mr Seun,
What's happening in the foreign affairs section?

5 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by festacman(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2020
I have a feeling that following yesterday's meeting in Abuja, Osaze Ize-Iyamu may have been mandated to take over Edo State APC and reposition it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by SmartProf(m): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2020
Maybe he is still waiting for his depressed godfathers to approve what he will say to the press. Congrats to Edo people wey dodge yeye thing.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Racoon(m): 9:39am On Sep 24, 2020
Their usual reactive lie & counter-lies.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by ojaysam25(m): 9:46am On Sep 24, 2020
Just congratulate Obaseki and move on....

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by ifejobi84754: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2020
I have a sense that following today's briefing in Abuja, Osaze Ize-Iyamu may have been mandated to take over Edo State APC and reposition it.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by slivertongue: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2020
obaseki is busy celebrating his victory. so keep lamenting

8 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by JAMO84: 10:20am On Sep 24, 2020
Mr three credits is still busy visiting his new godfathers. When they hand him a long list of dos and don't, he would realize that the devil you know.....

I AM DONE TALKING

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silver and Gold I do not have, but what I do have I will give...

Sir, I know I am unworthy. But I really do hope you find this piece of advice worthy.

Being a pastor in one of Nigeria's biggest churches, you are closer to God than most of us. Dear sir, I humbly advise you take your case to God in prayers instead of the court of law or the media where immoral men may abuse the system.

The good people of Edo have spoken through the ballot box in a free and fair election. I strongly believe it's the will of God if not, He(God) wouldn't have allowed such to befall His anointed.

We, the good people of Nigeria respect and adore you.

Shalom.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by bolaayenimo: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ize-Iyamu is yet to recover from that defeat. I seriously pity him

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Bobotic(m): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Adams Oshiomhole is tired grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by xilixr: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
e
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Na wa o, contradictions everywhere, just calm down, defeat could be destabilizing.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Slawormir: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Openbusiness: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mtchwwwwwww
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Oyikoha(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
cheesy
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by solmus: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
cool
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by wunmi590(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
undecided

Why would he even listen to you in the first place?

Werey want to reap where he did not sow.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Lexusgs430: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
NEVER TRUST POLITICIANS........
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by Sholaco: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Who are u to advise obaseki

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by ZeroAccess: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
You did stop lying. You have once said it even before the election. And he's not coming enjoy your new home with oshopikin.
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Petty politicians. I don't care what party he is as long as he delivers on his campaign promises, shikena!

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu by PureGoldh(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / Fact Check: Tinubu Makes Fresh Claim On PVC Expiry Date, Is This True? / We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.