Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. (30759 Views)

Please Help, Car Brainbox Was Stolen And Need Urgent Help Getting A Replacement! / Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Sojimoji: 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hello Sir,
Please help me. My brain box is bad and I want to replace it. Which one could I buy to avoid problems others have encountered
Mt vehicle details are as follows.
Vehicle Information:

2005 TOYOTA COROLLA CE
VIN: JTDBR32E560062284

FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. ALTO DRIVE
Current number on the brain box
*89661 - 02K21*

28113692 (K2)
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by camaro(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
@ siena, I thought as much, I have been studying car facts and I still don't enough to argue. I have taken time to study some of ur posts but the whole things is now clear u don't base here, I will be so glad to work with even if am the least paid staff. I just want to be a problem solver when it comes to auto mobile. Pls mail me, I have some other confidental things to ask you. Engr.kelechi@gmail.com. I await ur reply.

1 Like

Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by adielsol(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hello,
The Brain Box of my Toyota Corolla 2008 Model was stolen two days ago. Please can someone provide guidance, links to genuine sources where i can get a good replacement.
thanks

henrollao: Hello Someone please HELP. The four power windows (all fomica) and the brain box of my Toyota Corolla 2006, GL (Manual drive)(Made in Japan for Dubai market)was stolen over this weekend. The VIN number of the car is JTDBR23E063174787. I have been trying to get the part number of the brain box to be able to look for it in the market but cannot retrieve the part number online. Please i need help because my electrician has tried many brain boxes but non fits.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

The [b]Hello Someone please HELP. The four power windows (all fomica) and the brain box of my Toyota Corolla 2006, GL (Manual drive)(Made in Japan for Dubai market)was stolen over this weekend. The VIN number of the car is JTDBR23E063174787. I have been trying to get the part number of the brain box to be able to look for it in the market but cannot retrieve the part number online. Please i need help because my electrician has tried many brain boxes but non fits.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

The [/b]Hello Someone please HELP. The four power windows (all fomica) and the brain box of my Toyota Corolla 2006, GL (Manual drive)(Made in Japan for Dubai market)was stolen over this weekend. The VIN number of the car is JTDBR23E063174787. I have been trying to get the part number of the brain box to be able to look for it in the market but cannot retrieve the part number online. Please i need help because my electrician has tried many brain boxes but non fits.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

The
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Xtranoble: 8:13am On Sep 15, 2013
my car is almost giving me a raised BP. I had issues with hard starting and it was discovered that some diodes in the brain box has melted. a replacement was done but the exhaust is emitting thick black fumes...HELP. It's a Camry 94. pretty old but before this issue, it was sound and running. here is the VIN...JT12SK122350310821

1 Like

Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by jeroh01: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2013
Hi @Siena, I've been reading your replies and I guess you're the go to guy on matters concerning automobiles, my brain box was stolen over the night and I would appreciate Amy help that would allow me locate a matching one. Thanks in advance.

Details: Toyota corolla 2003 1.8 gli
VIN: JTDBR22E003099470
My e-mail: tjdsagaciousman@gmail.com

sharp man:

Thanks man.

I'll ask the guy working on the car for the part numbers.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by samsonadedayo: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pls can anybody help me to with information on how i can get brainbox for my toyota avensis 2003 with part number 89661-05750.
thanks, 08064364657.
thanks.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by 4uabiodun(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Hello everybody in the house
Please I have a problem with my toyota highlander (2008). the brain box and some other parts were stolen at port on arrival. Ever since the vehicle has not been the same, though my technician installed another ECU but the vehicle is not responding well and all manner of lights are showing on the dash board.
The vehicle VIN is: JTEDS43A082059178.
I will appreciate if I anybody in the house can help on the right part number of the ECU that can work with the vehicle.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Lilygee: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hello Siena God will bless you as you are rendering this help. I have a Murano I am trying to buy the brain box but the part number on the present one had been remove or not just on it. Pls can you help with the part no. With the details below?
VIN:JN8AZ08W43W222503
Make:Nissan
Trim:SL AWD
Year:2003
Model:Murano
Made In:Japan
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by labhi: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hello Siena,

My car was vandalized yesterday so my ECU unit is gone along with the power controls for the four doors, so I want to get another ECU unit for it so I was wondering if you can help me check the right one for it. The car details are below:

Toyota Corolla 2003
VIN number: 2T1BR38E23C085711
1.8L engine.

Thanks.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by chillex8(m): 12:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Contact Kabolee.

He sure has your ECU.

Cheers
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
Siena:
I've run checks, matching your supplied VIN to the ECU's that would be fitted to your car. You have a choice of two, both are compatible. The part numbers are as follows:

1) 89661-02D01.
2) 89661-02D21.

The numbers should be on the casing, and the ECU is located at the right-hand side of the dash, in a left-hand drive car. For reference, an image of choice #1 is shown below:

[quote author=Siena post=7831169]I've run checks, matching your supplied VIN to the ECU's that would be fitted to your car. You have a choice of two, both are compatible. The part numbers are as follows:

1) 89661-02D01.
2) 89661-02D21.

The numbers should be on the casing, and the ECU is located at the right-hand side of the dash, in a left-hand drive car. For reference, an image of choice #1 is shown below:

Any numbers, other than the ones posted above, will not run your car.

Hi sienna
i have Toyota corolla 2005 my problem is check engine come up sometimes back and the car was lyk having harsh shift from gear 1 to 2. The was scan and code P1600(ecm battery malfunction) is detected. After some camshaft sensor and nozzles were sreviced and scan again. Code P2716 is detected some one told me i have to change ECM cuz there is recall of Toyota Cars with this problem. So i want to change the brain box but i dont knw the one that will fit my car. This is the Number of ECM dat is on the car 89661-02C12 my VIN is 2T1BR32E15C904459. PLEASE HELP

1 Like

Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
I am waiting Please. Thanks
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by pek(m): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2015
Elljameel:
I am waiting Please. Thanks
sorry I am seeing this late. Have you made any headway?

1 Like

Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 21, 2015
Yes Sir i gotanother one with part Number 89661-02k21 and it works pefectly. Tnx
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by OROZ(m): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2015
Siena:

LMAO! grin

@ Sharp: Yes, I'm Nigerian, and have been considering setting up a fully equipped Diagnostic, Service and Performance Autocentre in Lagos or Abuja. The issues are getting the right person to run the place, someone who's as passionate about the Automobile as I am, as I don't live in Nigeria. If I did set up though, I would be spending the winter season in Nigeria, returning to the UK for summer.

Decisions, decisions.
I also have that zeal for automobile, but lack the resources I need to really expand to affect and help many people having issues with there cars nationwide, although sometimes I do a tour around interior state fixing/troubleshooting car issues for people of which I've created good relationship after a good work well done. Speaking of good, I must comment, ur good in what u do, keep up the good job, and when u finally set up an office here in Nigeria, I don't mind running a franchise here in port harcourt city alongside autowiz nig Ltd I work with. Thanks
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Chuksemmy: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
My car was buggled too and my glass winders was taken away too and brain box of Toyota Corolla 2005 Automatic was stolen after my glass was broken and I have tried to get the brain box replaced in onitsha but to no avail, after the 3rd attempt the car started and I was happy but the following day it stopped on the road,and refused to start again, and when it started it refuse to accelerate further and the progammmer had to reprogramme before it started again. And now the car can't start again. And after the brain box was replaced the car couldn't start at all. Please I need an assignment.
The VIN is 2T1BR32E65C460169
Toyota Corolla 2005 LE, I4
It was shipped in from Baltimore USA.
I need to know the part number that matches my car.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by inventory(m): 11:42am On Feb 16, 2016
Morning bros,
Please my sienna 2000 model show ABS on the dashboard and the speedometer is not moving.. but recently i change the ABS and speedometer star work ing.. but since then the car started consuming fuel and bringing out very thik black smoke ..and i have been doing try and error since then... my latest mechanic said i should change the car brain Box.... pls i want to kw if this is right thing to do on the car ....... this my bbm pin 593c475c
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by abh700: 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
Thanks. Problem solved
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by DECOtech(m): 8:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
inventory:
Morning bros,
Please my sienna 2000 model show ABS on the dashboard and the speedometer is not moving.. but recently i change the ABS and speedometer star work ing.. but since then the car started consuming fuel and bringing out very thik black smoke ..and i have been doing try and error since then... my latest mechanic said i should change the car brain Box.... pls i want to kw if this is right thing to do on the car ....... this my bbm pin 593c475c

have the power train
of your car scanned first of all. the car is running too rich in A/F mixture.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by kolatiti(f): 7:08pm On May 08, 2016
Sienna, pls help o! My hubby's Toyota Corolla was stolen in the early hours of today. I need ur assistance like u helped others pls!!!
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 08, 2016
kolatiti:
Sienna, pls help o! My hubby's Toyota Corolla was stolen in the early hours of today. I need ur assistance like u helped others pls!!!

PM sent.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by odjb4real: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
Good day sir, i gave my Hyundai H1- starex to a mechanic to help me ring the engine pending when i will have money to buy the tokunbo type, but unfortunately the mechanic after working the engine, later told me the vehicle wont start,that the brainbox is bad, we tried several bainbox on it yet the same, please can u help me with the contact of someone to help me check the VIN of the vehicle to see the type that match it.
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by honmusa(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2016
odjb4real:
Good day sir, i gave my Hyundai H1- starex to a mechanic to help me ring the engine pending when i will have money to buy the tokunbo type, but unfortunately the mechanic after working the engine, later told me the vehicle wont start,that the brainbox is bad, we tried several bainbox on it yet the same, please can u help me with the contact of someone to help me check the VIN of the vehicle to see the type that match it.
Looking beyond Brainbox ,check the engine for compression and timing ,check if the ecu is receiving the needed crank and cam signal .
If you need an expert to confirm all this for you and you are in Lagos call autologic @08061166316
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by harday27: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
Pls help with my Ford Scorpio 1992 brainbox, didn't get th exact number type, all others used didn't work. Pls help
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Newtonkid: 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
My car was vandalised and the brain box removed.Pls help me with the ecu no that match.the vin is 2T1BR32E43C758782.Thanks Siruote]ECU's may look the same, but differ internally. The part numbers must match - even just one different digit can make all the difference.

Are you positive the ones that have been tried are the right ones for your car? I know it's difficult, as you don't have the original part number to compare with. Typically, in the United States, ECU's can differ dependent on the state the car's sold in. California, for example has very strict emission laws, and the ECU for any given car will be different to that fitted to the same car in Arizona.

Some questions:

1) What's the engine capacity of your car?
2) What's the engine configuration of your car - I4 or V6?
3) Where was the initial ECU programming done?
4) Is your car auto or manual?

It may help, if you are able to get the original transpondered key to match any ECU you obtain for fitment. Some ECU's are not easy to programme, some are impossible. Posting the ECU part number, as well as your VIN could be helpful.

Do you know what State your car was originally sold in in the US?
[/quote]
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Kapaskii(m): 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2017
Great post and helpful reviews. My 2004 Toyota corolla was vandalized this morning and my car brain box was stollen.
Its an autodrive
6v
American specs
VIN:- 1nxbr32e75z349371

Any help @ Siena any help with ECU number. Thanks
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by wakibembe: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2017
good day automobile gurus in the house. i own a mazda protege 1999 LX(1.6 I4 auto) and recently while working on the solenoid shift sensors my auto electrician fried my ECU from carelessness. can anyone help with matching the ECU part numbers for my VIN? VIN is JMB1BJ222OX0102948. Thanks
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by computerglobal(m): 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2017

FOR VIN CHECKS AND REPORT HISTORY

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by kessy2018: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please my car was vandalised and the brain box taken away.The car is 2005 Toyota corolla Model. It is an American spec and an auto drive.The VIN number is JTDBR32E560091719
Please can someone assist me with number of the brainbox that matches the VIN of my car.

Looking forward to an assistance from someone.
Regards
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by weyreypey: 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2018
wakibembe:
good day automobile gurus in the house. i own a mazda protege 1999 LX(1.6 I4 auto) and recently while working on the solenoid shift sensors my auto electrician fried my ECU from carelessness. can anyone help with matching the ECU part numbers for my VIN? VIN is JMB1BJ222OX0102948. Thanks

gazzuzz
Re: Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. by Dennis1122: 8:12pm On May 02, 2019
Hi all,
Please I need help. My Toyota Highlander brain box got damaged and my mechanic keep buying brain box that never start my car. My car brain box part number is 89661-48290 and chassis number is JTEGD21A420026976. My contact number is 08064876395 Ph.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bus Bursts Into Flames On Third Mainland Bridge (Pictures) / See What A Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses As Its Fuel Tank (photos) / Emeka Akaezuwa Gets Presidential Applause For Inventing Electric Bikes In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.