Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Learning 3d From The Pros - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Learning 3d From The Pros (2923 Views)

2d Animaton Learning Thread / Pros In The House, Pls Rate This Picture For Me / Learning Printing Process From Scratch To Finishing - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning 3d From The Pros by shinken(m): 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2011
Hey mates.
On behalf of all the newbees to 3d this is a topic for posts from the masters.pls share ur knwledge with us, sites for tutorials, pros and cons of the various softwares,
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2011
'masters' is an exaggeration. we are all at different stages on the learning ladder.
lets all trade knowledge.

good thread idea!
people can ask/make specific questions/requests.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by shinken(m): 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
so to start:
subscribe with www.3dworldmag.com for the latest trends in the 3d world. Software tips and competetions.u will also get free cd's with every publication.for january,i got a free vue8 software for environment design. There r monthly competitions for graphic artists. In abuja the most reliable place to get the mag is @ sahad stores.it goes for 2600 naira.if anyone knws abt lagos pls post.online subsciption guarantees delivery to ur office or workplace
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by shinken(m): 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
so to start:
subscribe with www.3dworldmag.com for the latest trends in the 3d world. Software tips and competetions.u will also get free cd's with every publication.for january,i got a free vue8 software for environment  design. There r monthly competitions for graphic artists. In abuja the most reliable place to get the mag is @ sahad stores.it goes for 2600 naira.if anyone knws abt lagos pls post.online subsciption  guarantees delivery to ur office or workplace
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by shinken(m): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
subscribe with 3dworldmag for the best tips for aspirin 3d artists and annimators.
It comes with free cds which may contain tutorial videos,resources or software.
In abuja u can get the mag at shad stores, it goes for 2600 naira.i dont knw for lag but if someone knws pls post.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2011
yeah. good site.
Autodesk has some awesome features for their 2012 release of 3d apps.
i wonder y they bother, they long bought out all d competition.lol

i particularly look forward 2 d editable motion path that now shows in the maya viewport.
and the viewport 2.0 capabilities r awesome. u dont really need to render ur scene to assess ur effects.

its kinda pricy tho at 3500 USD (at least for me) i will wait til it hits 1000 (if ever)lol

Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 11:55am On Mar 03, 2011
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by shinken(m): 12:14am On Mar 16, 2011
winknow for those of us that learn more from seeing rather than reading(my God,thee r alot of u!),visit
www.digitaltutors.com and register . this gives u access to a dizzying array of really cool tutorials steamed at ur choice and FREE!!!
u cant beat that,methinks undecided
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by shinken(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2011
@OKX thanks man ur links really kicks ass.
not really a mayan maself;3dsmax cuts if for me but a really good post nonetheless. cheers mate wink
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by jidesp(m): 12:31am On Mar 18, 2011
hello OKX,

i'm a mayan, i'm self thought, buh i need someone like you to put me tru some fins, i dont mind meeting you for lessons, lol, i'm having lots of probs, buh i wud appreciate it if you help me out bro, this is my number and BB pin 08035507465 bb pin 218CA404, or let me av urs
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
@ jidesp

post ur probs here, n i'll see how i can help.
i move around a bit, am outta lag at d mo.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by solomonesp: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2011
Join the arena of Multimedia and became a professional motion graphic artist,
3D Animator, and Build the world of unbelievable 3D.Learn Digital and Film
Animation.

One on one training
Experience the power of 3D!!!
Learn Digital and Film Animation:
MODULES:
.3D Basics
.Modeling in 3D
.Light, Camera and Materials etc
.3D Motion Graphics and Fx
.Rendering with V-ray

SOFTWARE'S TAUGHT:
.Maya
.3D studio Max
.Adobe Photoshop
.Adobe Premiere
.Adobe Aftereffect
Email address is solomonesper2@yahoo.com
Be a professional Animator call solomon on 07092424605 or 08023895810 now

Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2011
@solomon
a link to ur demo reel/website will help prospective students believe u are proficient, and also know if wot u are offering is relevant to their current skill level.

Just a thot.
Goodluck
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by solomonesp: 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
@OKX, i appreciate that and i'm currently working on it.its will be on net very soon,so if i may ask are you into 3D or what?
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by damaroy: 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
Guys interested in learning 3d can check out weekly video tutorials from www.damaroyworkshop.com.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by xothermik(m): 12:55am On Apr 21, 2011
OKX:

yeah. good site.

i particularly look forward 2 d editable motion path that now shows in the maya viewport.
and the viewport 2.0 capabilities r awesome. u dont really need to render your scene to assess your effects.

it seems the decision to merge the autodesk 3d apps development teams under one person is yielding dividends on all fronts. editable motion paths (trajectories) have been in max for a couple of years now. grin.its just like the way i envied some of the edge modeling tools in maya and had to go third party with stuff like polyboost. was pleased to see similar stuff with the introduction of graphite modeling tools in max. wonder if this means the 2 apps will eventually fuse into one someday.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by xothermik(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2011
OKX:

yeah. good site.

and the viewport 2.0 capabilities r awesome. u dont really need to render your scene to assess your effects.

it seems the decision to merge the autodesk 3d apps development teams under one person is yielding dividends on all fronts. editable motion paths (trajectories) have been in max for a couple of years now.  grin.its  just like the way i envied some of the edge modeling tools in maya and had to go third party with stuff like polyboost. was pleased to see similar stuff  with the introduction of graphite modeling tools in max. wonder if this means the 2 apps will eventually fuse into one someday.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 12:25am On Apr 22, 2011
the day they fuse will be a nitemare for me.
hate wot they did with the maya interface in the 2011 release.

the dark look is my primary dislike in max and they now forced it on us in maya.
(atleast most other max-ish features can be turned off by the user if desired- but not this one!)

i think it detracts rather than adds to quality when one major vendor owns all the top apps for any sector in the industry.
maya has motion paths that u constrain objects to, but this new feature gives u the ability to interactively and intuitively edit animation without the graph editor.
u say max has had that 4 a bit?
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by xothermik(m): 3:28am On Apr 22, 2011
OKX:

the day they fuse will be a nitemare for me.
hate wot they did with the maya interface in the 2011 release.

the dark look is my primary dislike in max and they now forced it on us in maya.
(atleast most other max-ish features can be turned off by the user if desired- but not this one!)

i think it detracts rather than adds to quality when one major vendor owns all the top apps for any sector in the industry.
maya has motion paths that u constrain objects to, but this new feature gives u the ability to interactively and intuitively edit animation without the graph editor.
u say max has had that 4 a bit?

lol. thank god we can customize and use any color for the u.i in max *sticking tongue out*. and yeah im not talking about constraining stuff to paths etc. i had to check the maya new features vid to see if it was something new that max did not have in order to gauge my future app of choice. so far i have no reason to consider changing my 3d app of choice. thanks to inspiration by likes of blur studios and tyson ibele. its been around in max at least since the 2010 release came out. thats when i discovered it anyway. you might not find it for an eternity because you need to hot key a toggle to go into the trajectory sub object mode. so even if you have the trajectory visible you cant click on it let alone edit if you dont know of the toggle function.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by ayox2003: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
Pls, is Maya 8 the latest version of Maya?
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2011
@ayox
there have been 3 releases since maya 8.
Maya2011 is the latest purchasable version, i dont think the 2012 is officially out- but its priced at about 3500 USD so its not an option 4 me for now.lol

@x
yeah. Ive kinda discovered that d most useful shortcut tips in most 3d apps r tucked away in some obscure corner-most help files dont even mention em.lol
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2011
anyone in kaduna can meet me for free hands-on tutorials in cinema-4d. send an email to 'abdulazizladan@gmail.com' if interested.
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by donpizzle1: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2011
@all, pls i need a one-on -one coaching in 3dmax and maya, wat r ur terms n conditions??
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by solomonesp: 2:04pm On May 12, 2011
@ don pizzle ,call this number if you are interested in Maya or 3dmax
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by solomonesp: 2:07pm On May 12, 2011
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by beautylash: 5:30pm On May 12, 2011
ladanski:

anyone in kaduna can meet me for free hands-on tutorials in cinema-4d. send an email to 'abdulazizladan@gmail.com' if interested.
Thats a wrong place to be at the moment
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by jidesp(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
@OKX, ok you r out of lagos, I understand maya, but my problem is animating, if you get back to lag, can you please let me know, i'll come with my laptop and get to learn from you, and some tricks in modelling too
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by OKX(m): 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2011
@jide
lol.have been in and outta lag a dozen times since dat post.

Am in town at d mo, but will be travelling outtatown again 2mrw for about a week.
Use d digits 2 know my itinery wheneva u r free.

Animation as a field is vast, wot type of animation interests you?
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by jidesp(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
ok, OKX, thanks, will call you,
Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by damaroy: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2011
You can also check out www.damaroyworkshop.com - its a new one from Nigeria!

Re: Learning 3d From The Pros by modext(m): 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please how do I download a maya or 3dmax software for free or how can I lay ma hands on any...I wanna start self tutorials....need some help to get started.... Can u pros give me some hints on how u started

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Earn 10-15k Weekly Designing With Your Smartphone? / Please, I Heard Maya And 3ds Max Are Better Than Cinema 4d...how True Is That?? / What Are The Advantages Of Coreldraw X7, And Its Feature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.