Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,104 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

Daniel Fast Recipes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Daniel Fast Recipes (13897 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / Exciting Recipes With Indomie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Fast Recipes by Pittbaby(f): 10:36pm On Mar 01, 2011
The Daniel fast is a 21 day fast based on Daniel's commitment to eat only Fruits and Vegetables . The modern day Daniel fast is more flexible but the basic requirements remain the same

No animal flesh - Fish  included

No Dairy products or other animal byproducts - Milk, Cheese, eggs  and Yogurt

Only water - No other beverage  even fruit juice - You can eat fruits or make a fruit puree - absolutely no alcohol

No fried food - You can not fry plantain and call it a Daniel fast

No sugar- No sugar can be added to your meal

No artificial preservatives or flavours - this will rule out most packaged foods -  you will have to buy most items fresh and cook yourself ( e.g. no baked beans or canned vegetables with any additives beyond salt).

what is allowed - Fruits, Vegetables, Spices , nuts and high quality oils ( i.e olive oil  in contolled quantities )

The aim of the fast is spiritual growth ( you have to pray and read your bible everyday ) and physical healing ( through prayer and a detox - this is also cleanse diet)

There are several Daniel fast recipes  on line , but they are all for European and American palates . As a Naija girl i am looking for suggestions on what can be cooked naija style with the restrictions above .

What I have so far

- Boiled plantain and Mixed steamed vegetables
- Beans and Plantain Pottage
- Beans and Corn
- Potatoes and Mixed vegetables Pottage
- Fruit salad for breakfast, and fruits as a snack
- Green Salads with beans nuts or fruits ( no dressing - i am still sketchy on if Vinegar is allowed so you can make your own dressing)

Additional suggestions are welcome . I am on day one , twenty more to go . feel free to join me there are several resources and devotionals on line that can guide your prayer life during the fast .
Re: Daniel Fast Recipes by Pittbaby(f): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
No responses I need help people

I added a snack to the list

- baby corn and hummus or Guacamole - Yum
Re: Daniel Fast Recipes by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2013
pittbaby, wish i saw ur post earlier, jus starting my daniel fast 2day so i can end at easter.
Re: Daniel Fast Recipes by Ochiban: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
I know this is several years past the last 0ost but I want to revive this of possible

My fast foods were

Breakfast - fruit smoothie (banana, pineapple and other fruits) plus 1 cup groundnut or cashews. I don't usually eat breakfast so I can get away with such small quantities

Lunch/dinner--brown spaghetti (whole wheat) with stew and mushrooms, moimoi with vegetable maggi, beans but instead of palmoil, I made a stew concoction like agonyi beans style and vegetable oil. Local rice and stew (no meat). Pounded yam and Okra and stew (efo with vegetable oil didn't taste good to me)
I also tried a lot of Indian food because they are vegetarian so they have some sweet recipes
My biggest issue was to make sure I eat a lot of protein because we rely too much on meat normally

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Amunututu Leaves / what to do to regain lost of blood. / Bread Price May Rise By 10%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.