Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca (8958 Views)

Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Real Lose To Barca Again! -letter To God / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by kitaun(m): 1:28am On Jun 24, 2007
@Lalaboi, what are u saying? Henry's era was without achievement/s? . . .these DSTV boys sha! *apologies Akola*
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by 9ja4eva: 3:04am On Jun 24, 2007
Damy:

[center]I think Gunners should be happy for the burden
that has just been relesed from there neck.
they need re-organize and put more
effort to the team upliftment.

[/center]

From d mouth of an angry supporter.Una no happy deep down
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by MP007(m): 4:41am On Jun 24, 2007
arsenal is officially finished cos i dont see anybody steeping into henry's shoes not even martins
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by 9ja4eva: 5:12am On Jun 24, 2007
Martins ke?No one can fill dt void
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by randa(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2007
i think this was to happen, i have tuned my mind to this, henry is leaving, one day wenger will leave even rvp, walcott and all but arsenal still remains, we shall continue to support the club with or without these players, the price might not be right but hey, wat the heck, his mind was off since we lost to barca
all is well that ends well, i respect him amd always will
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by MP007(m): 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2007
u will stil love arsenal without henry, grin only time will tell "arsenal lover"
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2007
*lookin for trouble*[i][/i]

barca got henry
arsenal got money, grin
eto'o stays at barca grin
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by topeorekoy(m): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2007
I am very confident that arsene wenger is up to the task. when Anelka left, he brought TH from a bench warming player in Juventus to become a world class in Arsenal. When Viera left, everyone said no one will fill his shoes, then he gave the mantle to a small Fabregas and see what the guy is doing. i know wenger is using his thinking cap as per who to bring in now. my way foward as av earlier said is that we dont need a super star world class striker now. we need like 2 good strikers who'll score regularly for us. pls watch out for wenger's new striker in the making.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by georgies(m): 10:20am On Jun 25, 2007
Well,let him go so that all this hype will rest.
I believe we will carry on and better.
I am an arsenal fan and not there for henry
no matter what:a gunner for life.
The next thing thing is to use these monies well
Poom,Allediare,Francise,henry etal
we will make good money and should use it better.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by loyika(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2007
JK  cheesy

Ha! Ha! Ha!!

Well it was Ruudie that gave the predictions (well 2 came true, so i give him 2/4 grin )

But lets see how Barca intends to utilise all them players, Will Eto'o and Henry eventually get along How does Messi fit into this situation. Who will do the tricks and flicks, Ron, Xavi, Henry, Messi or Deco

Will the Barca fans appreciate him when he doesn't run around for 80 mins, standing with hands on hips and frowning at other players that don't pass to him WE ALL WAIT TO SEE

What i do know is that, Henry will miss Arsenal far more than we all think, he will miss the predictability of life in London, his family will have to adjust to life in Spain and that is no mean feat (just ask Posh Spice). He will have to deal with the racist nature of the Spanish fans (he will see it first hand). He will have to deal with the fact that Wenger is no longer there to protect him, The Fans are no longer there to sing his name (Do they sing players names in Spain ).

He will miss the fact that a team is built around him, the club relies on him for its aura, The prem use him as a marketing tool, i mean Henry became more British in nature than most bloody Britons grin

It will be as much as a shock and learning curve for him as it will be for us (why do you think Bergy decided to end his career at Arsenal instead of leaving when Wenger started his 1 year policy on him, Same reason Paddy Vieira spends 265 days out of 365 talking and thinking about Arsenal, even comes to watch games at the emirates. Ans: FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN).

All in all, we wish Henry well. He was/is always going to be a LEGEND at this club (he knows it). And his place in our History and the History of the Prem in general is cemented in stone cool

Thierry Henry, THE ICON, THE LEGEND cool AUREVIOR cool

COMEON YOU GOONERS!! grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by loyika(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2007
Jackal cool

Don't think i don't know you are around, sorry mate, been a very eventful weekend sad What with President GO SLOW and his attitde to the strike and Thierry GO SOUTH and his Oh look!! I love Arsenal fans, but I LOVE DAVID DEIN MORE  crap tongue giving me indigestion angry grin

I almost forgot that you have risen up from your slumber like Prince; Vlad III the Impaler. cheesy Welcome back boy, and i hope the sun doesn't affect you to much, what with all this Global warming and Enviromental Sh@t affecting the solar system.

Besides i was getting bored sh@tless sparing with some  tongue on NL, good to know the Master Jedi is back (they say if you want to be the best, you have to meet the best and it doesn't get any better than "THE WOLF MAN" cool)

And just think, you came back as Arsenal is at a cross roads (boy are you Psychic or what  shocked ) Oh well can't wait for the footie to start, (have to keep myself busy with the COPA AMERICA, big bore tongue and looking at the Women serving (or being served cool) at Wimbeldon kiss kiss)

Anyway, WELCOME BACK BRO  cool, Its been hell without you on the forum (hope other elder peeps follow through).

cool GOONER 89
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2007
lol, loyiks. . .
looks like the predictions are credible now. . . grin

Would surely watch Barca next season. . .maybe as much as United sef.
Would surely want to see how Rikjaard would handle all those egos. . .
and would definitely see if Henry was overated (i pray not).  He has to adapt from the first kick of the ball, cos he admitted himself that he wouldn't have gone anywhere else except Barca cos they play just like Arsenal. . .
and i'll surely like to see if he'll shoutat Ronaldinho if he doesnt pass to him grin angry

But good move for him sha. . .The comfortability at Arsenal was getting too much so i think seeing life elsewhere would surely do him a lotta good. . Or are u scared he'll be exposed??  grin

No automatic shirts for him. No fans singing his name. The Barca team would definitely not be built around him. Now he is exposed like every other player so he has to fight for watever he wants. . . .
Wld like to see how he'll adjust to that life. . . cheesy
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Razorr(f): 11:01am On Jun 25, 2007
justkunmi:

Or are u scared he'll be exposed?? grin

Haa haa haa. . .

JK you better sharrap there. grin grin grin

Is it the Igwe you're yabing like this? grin grin
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by topeorekoy(m): 11:11am On Jun 25, 2007
I agree with u all. how will TH cope with his new life in barca. will he be the main man there? i doubt that. from HERO at the EMIRATE to just a member at Barca. anyway he is my BOI. wish him all the best in Barca and pray he achieve his dreams in his new home maybe HIS long awaited WORLD FOOTBALLER will be achieved there. i will watch LA LIGA to monitor his progress but i know wenger is up to something that will shut up all gunner haters.

PLEASE WATCH OUT
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by loyika(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2007
JK

Exposed as what Henry was the best at what he did, even if he doesn't play one more game, his place in Football heirdom has been cemented, Beckham didn't really do much in his first 2 seasons at Real, but look at How the last season ended for him cool

Ruud like i have always noted is a Poacher, so getting goals is not really an issue, How old is Klose, but he still is a scoring machine, same as Ronaldo of Milan (don't mention Sheva grin but even at that, Milan would still break the Bank if they had an opportunity to prize him away from the Russian tongue)

Maldini played all his life at Milan, does that mean he is not a World Class Defender Thuram hasn't really impressed at Barca, does that mean he now becomes Sh@t in peoples eyes. Zidane did that disgraceful act at the world Cup, but i bet if you ask the Italian team players to mention their top 5 footballers ever Zidanes name will crop up for each and every one of them (including Matterazi tongue)

So Jk whether Henry shines or not will never take anything away from his brilliance, apart from FIFA Player of the year and a Champ League medal, what more in football hasn't he won (milk cup medal Yeah i am sure he envies Drogba now grin) .

Henry is Henry cool, with or without Barca, Arsenal, Juve or Monaco, he is on the verge of surpassing Platini's goal record for France, He is still in contention with Ruud and Sheva for Euro goals king in CL (i think he is in 5th place) so what more do you want him to do

Its like saying, Ronaldinho will now be seen as a total failure if he left Barca and goes to Milan and doesn't shine JK some folks/players have passed that stage of needing to do anything more, i was only making my observations as an Arsenal fan, who, even if i wish him well, still feel a bit hurt, (Do you Mancs really wish Becks and Ruudie Van H well BE HONEST! Thats just the way it is, The same way most Trotters would not wish Big Sam well at the Toon, thats just the way it is cool).

cool GOONER 89
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by jejelolatu(f): 11:25am On Jun 25, 2007
for the sake of gunners ,i hope wenger is the nxt person to leave . he seems to have  run out of ideas ,and to make matters worse , he's joker has left . though i strongly believe that arsenal is better off without henry, considering that he hasnt been in top form, for a while . i just hope wenger makes the right choice of replacement.can't help wondering if henry hasnt reached the end of the road,dnt think is in form to fight for and maintain a first team shirt in barca.i must say that henry was one of the best players to pass thru arsenal. all hail the IGWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.i also hope he gets his well deserved world player award. the premiership will most definitely miss his speed,skills and goalllllllllllllllls. nuff respect to the king. would be watching out for him in the la liga.he still remains one of my favourites.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2007
yeah i guess he envies drogba. . . grin cheesy

Henry definitely has done every thing in the footballer's book to earn a place among the elites of the game. Of course he is one of the best in the world and he can't possibly f**k up even if he wants to. . .(for watever reason)

That was not my point. My point was from what u said earlier about how comfortable he has become at Arsenal. Everybody adores him. . .He deserves every pass from every player on the field. Every goal has his signature on it, a scorer, an assisstant, even as an on-looker. .  grin cheesy Even the ball boys feel obligded to throw the balls to henry . . .lol (just kidding).

But point is, all those favours are gone. All the special attention is gone. . . No fanatic singing his name. . .He can't just enter the Barca team and steal the show. . .
C'mon, you are joining Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco and Eto'o. . . you'll work your ass off to earn anything you get. . .
. . . .and that means he'll be EXPOSED to uncertainties. . .

If Rikjaard is still who i know, if Henry is not fit, he doesn't play. . . .
. . . .and that means he'll be EXPOSED to uncertainties. . .

But all in all, Henry should do well. . .

The EPL would miss him. . . cool
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Jackal(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ Loyika,

Its so good to hear from you.
I am not psychic its just pure coincidence that i resurrected when Arsenal is at cross-roads.
Honestly, i think the whole HENRY DEAL is dodgy the more i think about it.
Arsene Wenger is so astute a manager not to make the most of Henry's deal.
Remember how he made the most of Cashley Cole's swap.
Why didn't he demand for Saviola + Etoo for TT? Is Wenger about to leave Arsenal too?
I am crossing ma fingers.

Lets flip the script.
Does Barca really need Thierry Henry?
Probably Frank Rijkaard will devise a new formation. 3-0-7(I guess).
Gudjohnsen, Etoo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Saviola, Henry and Guily. Its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barca's problem is their leaking defence and a goalkeeper.
I would have appreciated it if Barca had bought Kolo Toure, Eboue and maybe Jussi of Bolton.
Lets see what pans out. I cant wait for this boring summer to be over.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by muyeskin(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2007
Hi Gunner's,
I can easily assure u that Wenger is signing another four year contract this season. This he said during an interview with sun and this will bring a big favour down to arsenal. And its likely to come up this week
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by loyika(m): 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ Jackal

Barca right now is what i call "Over kill", something will have to give, it will look all rosy first 5 games, then things will crumble. Like everyone says, BARCA'S PROBLEM IS NOT ATTACK. Laporta just wanted to do something to please the fans after throwing the Champ league and La liga titles away (who wants to bet, next year they will be sniffing at either Cesc or C Ronaldo's heels, BLOODY SPANISH  tongue)

I doubt Arsene will go anywhere, Do you think Arsene would leave a place where he is god and go to that Circus of a Club like Real Madrid   He might as well piss off down the road to Chelsea if he wanted to be in a pantomine play.

Wenger is confused right now, the players have let him down, the Board are letting him down, Dein let him down and his 2 French colleagues and skippers have let him down, as a coach you will begin to ask yourself, if sh@t is worth the agro!

SAF wanted to pack it in when the Glazer stuff hit the fan, and i really feel his hands were forced over Keano's exit. (Just that Roy as usual had crossed the line, so keeping him would have divided the squad). but like SAF (and Maureen to an extent) Arsene loves the thrill of the Prem and the stability of the English game (well Maureen wished for the stability of his club, cause he has to keep sucking someone's dick to make decisions, either Kenyon's, Romans, Bruce B or whoever calls the shots at that MIRAGE!!).

Will he stay after the season, well depends so much on the Takeover stuff (and Adebayor knowing how to score with an open net beckoning grin) If the boys repay the trust he has placed on them with performances, if he can hold on to Cesc and get Babel or Huunterlaar (even if the Prodigal son returns cool) I doubt he would bail (i mean leave watching SAF face anytime we beat you guys to go and watch the faces of Spanish or italian coaches Naaa i  very much doubt Arsene will leave) lets see how it goes, like you fingers crossed!! But in the opposite direction grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2007
is this thread not supposed to be closed now?

henry has gone

wenger will not be leaving. afterall its his (the young must grow old policy) he cant leave them, just yet.

Adebayor sad, RVP and brendtner will cope.

i just hope AW make some big buys, so at least , we will not endure what we did last season.
this season is definately ours

when viera left we went as far as UCL finals, with Th gone, am positive, we will go further than that

Gunners 4 ever kiss

haters suck it up with a straw tongue
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by dayokanu(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
Well Barca lineup promises to be the most awesome attack in history that Alexander the Great conquest would be like childs play or be the greatest flop in human history that Shevvy and ballack would be forgiven instantly.

Ronaldinho for his talent should still remain the numero uno in attack and things would revolve round him. Etoo and Henry would fight for number 2( I hope this wont bring an ego problem) and Messi would follow them In the alternative Ronaldinho could join Deco in the middle  with Yaya Toure doing the dirty job The likes of Iniesta, Motta, Edmilson, Xavi would be resticted to cameo roles.

Gudjonsen and Saviola if they dont leave Barca they should think of other areas of interest apart from football maybe Laundry, Physio, physical trainer or shoemaker cos It would be easier for Brittany Spears to play for Afghanistan male National team than for them to get a starting shirt (except injury strikes). The defence should be shore up with Chivu they look like a very promising team but woe betide rijakkard should they flop. Kirikiri or even Alcatraz would be too small for him.

All in all I dont envy Rijkaard!!
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by dayokanu(m): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2007
Wenger should teach/train Adebayor how to score open net situation cos the guy finds it difficult to score from any position even on the opponents goal line he would back heel the ball grin grin
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2007
Its not funny angry

Adebayor will grow up now. Henry is gone, its time he woke up and smell the coffee .

he will play to win and stop playing to impress that that angry tongue

we shall go for the double and more this season cool
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2007
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2007
Justkunmi dont start this morning angry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by muyeskin(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
Well guys, I think u shud wait and see Adebayo performing wonders cos am so sure he will be among the hottest striker next season
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2007
sorry dear,
just postin wat i saw grin
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2007
really angry who wants to see something about that lying fool angry

dont get me started angry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by muyeskin(m): 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2007
Mukina, its a pity we are not allowed to do these on this site and the next u do these, u will be reported, Seun take note angry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Jackal(m): 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ Loyika,

If Arsenal can land Huntelaar or Ryan Babel then Arsenal will not miss Henry one bit.
Van Persie and Huntelaar upfront with the dynamics of Rosicky,Hleb and Fabregas will burn teams down.
I just love the way Arsenal attacks when Fabregas is in possession with Rosicky and Hleb making darting runs.
Arsenal's match against Liverpool(Carling Cup) last season was one of the best attacking football match i saw while i was in Hong Kong.
The pace was breath-taking and u sometimes wonder why they fail to convert chances.
That team is so similar to the Brazilian team of ITALIA 90.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ Muyreskin

half of them are cowards grin they can only spew rubbish when they are on remand grin

so let them be dear

Henry has gone.Its over .all these soccer 'analyst' should go and get a job angry angry

maybe they would be paid instead of trying to yahoo people with their rubbish angry

Gunner 4 ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fulham Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 9th April 2012 / Burnley Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 5th December 2018 / FA CUP: Chelsea Vs Everton [3 - 4 On Pens] On Saturday,19th February,2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.