Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (29222 Views)

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by donbachi(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Dats,if he too thanked me for job well done.

313 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by chatinent: 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
I know I worked for it but a thank you means no harm.

283 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by duro4chang(m): 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
In private school you must say thank you sir/ma after collecting your salary.

195 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Seikiri1: 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
duro4chang:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why na?

84 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by WoundedLamb: 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2020
You must be talking about a petty business where cash is handed over to the employee by the business owner at the end of a period. If that's the case, saying 'thanks' is only polite and not necessarily appreciation. Even if the it's the secretary that gives me the cash, I'd still say 'thanks'.

However, salary payment does not always involve the employer and the employee physically coming together to even necessitate any form of conversation. The common thing is that everyone gets alert on a particular day of the month and life goes on.

260 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by doggedfighter(f): 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
We're sentimental about a lot of things.

This is why employers especially one man business owners always expect employees to bow down and worship after receiving their hard earned salary sometimes even after delayed payment.

Worse is when others are thanking and you don't, you will become an enemy to the boss. cheesy

200 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by duro4chang(m): 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
Seikiri1:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why na?
I am talking from experience. One man business especially private school job is more or less like slavery.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Pimpstar: 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
It's better to say THANK YOU and not mean it, than not say it but mean it.

wetin i dey talk sef
angry

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 12:38am On Sep 29, 2020
A curt thank you wouldn't mean any harm.

In rule 1 law of power;
Never outshine your master; Always make those above you feel comfortably superior.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by femi4: 6:22am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying(salary) you for job you did?
Wrong. You are under a contract. Paid for a job well done

15 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by devlishGINGER(m): 6:32am On Sep 29, 2020
if you are getting the cash hands over fist, thank you is very necessary. it just a little appreciation

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by nengibo: 6:52am On Sep 29, 2020
Yes very necessary in a one man business is you want to continue working

9 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2020
donbachi:
Dats,if he too thanked me for job well done.

Lol, thats just it

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:
I know I worked for it but a thank you means no harm.

Alright, but the salary is through bank, should I have to call him and thank him or thank him whenever he visits, I feel uncomfortable saying "thank you", he is not doing me a Favour

22 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2020
duro4chang:
I guess is because the money is handed over to the workers directly or because the owner of the school is within the school
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2020
WoundedLamb:
You must be talking about a petty business where cash is handed over to the employee by the business owner at the end of a period. If that's the case, saying 'thanks' is only polite and not necessarily appreciation. Even if the it's the secretary that gives me the cash, I'd still say 'thanks'.

However, salary payment does not always involve the employer and the employee physically coming together to even necessitate any form of conversation. The common thing is that everyone gets alert on a particular day of the month and life goes on.
If its handed over to the worker directly, its polite saying thanks, in my own case its via bank
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2020
doggedfighter:
We're sentimental about a lot of things.

This is why employers especially one man business owners always expect employees to bow down and worship after receiving their hard earned salary sometimes even after delayed payment.

Worse is when others are thanking and you don't, you will become an enemy to the boss. cheesy
Am the manager of the company, am just scared of being tag "proud"
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2020
devlishGINGER:
if you are getting the cash hands over fist, thank you is very necessary. it just a little appreciation

Via bank and my boss visits often, am his manager
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2020
Thanks for the responses so far
I got my first ever salary last month (newly employed as the manager)

Others were paid by the cashier, my MD transferred mine via bank

Though he added 3k

Next day he visited, he asked if I received my salary, I answered yes

And thanked him

Just worried if he will term it that am ungrateful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by nengibo: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Thanks for the responses so far
I got my first ever salary last month (newly employed as the manager)

Others were paid by the cashier, my MD transferred mine via bank

Though he added 3k

Next day he visited, he asked if I received my salary, I answered yes

And thanked him

Just worried if he will term it that am ungrateful
he added extra 3k , that's worth giving thanks, it's really no biggie, it doesn't remove anything 4rm your body

40 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Olarewaju89: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
Is like you pay tithe and you are now expecting your pastor to say thank you for paying your tithe grin

When my former boss give me salary she will always be expecting me to say " thank you ma for the salary" grin some women self....

And she has never add anything to the salary even when i say a million thanks grin

My dear just say it from your heart to fulfill all righteousness. grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by crestedaguiyi: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
very dumb.

its not a gift but a wage.

Africans thank and praise their politicians for doing their job thats why they are seeing it like they are doing their people a favour.

the moment you start thanking your boss for performing his role which include paying your salary then expect him to start seeing it like he is doing you a favour.

something you can sue him to court for not doing.

18 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by BCISLTD: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
Yes...especially in this coro times.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by teemanbastos(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
just read the atmosphere, if its friendly and you feel like, you can.
As everything in life, how to thank someone or when to thank someone no get manual.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Kendumazy(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
No. You worked for it. You only thank him if he puts extra.

Only people with with low self esteem who don't know the worth of the services or work rendered in exchange for the salary will go ahead in thanking their boss.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by duro4chang(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:

I guess is because the money is handed over to the workers directly or because the owner of the school is within the school
Even when it is paid into the bank you must show 'acknowledgment' if not ...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2020
Why should I thank him for collecting my wages? a worker deserves his wages, did he thank me for the work I did?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
No abuse him

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by odubayor(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
why the Bleep would I thank him though depends on the type of boss he is if he is the dangbana Choco type or the normal type depends on how you put yourself tho

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Princeton92(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
Why should you tell your boss thank you for the money you worked for and you earn??

You rendered your services N earned the pay

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do People Make Money Mistakes Immediately They Hit Big Funds! / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice / Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.