Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? (18963 Views)

Poll: Would you attend such a church?

Yes, gender is not the issue.: 75% (83 votes)
No, it is just not right.: 24% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by shinystar(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2007
People have argued that female pastors do not make good leaders because women were not created to lead but be led. So, can you attend a church pastored by a woman, especially as a man?
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by dinnerm(f): 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2007
why not,please where did you see that women are created to be led and not to lead,could you show me the place.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by barikade: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2007
Discussion can continue in this one; the duplicated threads should be removed. Please Admin.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 1:13am On Jun 23, 2007
of course, until i see a male pastor that preaches with his penis.

who is esther again? oh yeah, a LEADER. read ur bible dude. wink
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by TV01(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2007
No, because it's wrong on many levels.

1. A church is never "led" by a single person (or in truth led by people).
2. Christian women are not permitted to take authority over men. It inverts divine order.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2007
TV01:

No, because it's wrong on many levels.

1. A church is never "led" by a single person (or in truth led by people).
2[b]. Christian women are not permitted to take authority over men. It inverts divine order. [/b]
really? then PROVE it.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by calf(f): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2007
good replies,and where is the guy who created the topic. . .he's no where to be found.Critics. .
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by tEsLim(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2007
Nothin bad in a woman leading the church. This as been one of the biggest crime the catholics/vaticans have commited painting Mary the Madgeline wrongly. She was a disciple of Christ too.

Foursquare present leader should be a woman. And I've attended two other churches led by women
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2007
TV01:

2. Christian women are not permitted to take authority over men. It inverts divine order.

Lol these are the same people that make fun of Islam

Osisi darling, where are you?
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by omoge(f): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2007
Chauvinist as work now  shocked
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2007
Hell no, wats she gonna say to me, afterall I know where my focus would be, especially if shes beautiful ad be lost in the sermon. If u get my drift. lol. cheesy
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by akara(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2007
I dont see anything wrong in attending a church service with a woman ministering.
A woman can do just a good as a man in ministering the word of God.

abi

grin
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by KAG: 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2007
shinystar:

People have argued that female pastors do not make good leaders because women were not created to lead but be led.

That's nothing more than propaganda at best.

So, can you attend a church pastored by a woman, especially as a man?

Yes.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ixchel(f): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2007
In spirituality u look for ways to elevate yourself to operate on spiritual level.
There is no better way then to be lead by a WOMAN, lest we forget that a woman
is a gateway between Heaven and earth and we hold creation deep within us.
By nature we are miraculously the way God sends his angels to earth. Who better then a woman to lead you on a spiritual quest ?
We listen to our hearts we know what is essential lies there !
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2007
Ikomi shame on you.

anyways, a pastor is a teacher of the word. what makes a woman incable of teaching things regarding the Bible? a woman can teach chemistry, English, and math right? why can she not also teach the Bible? is it because God doesn't speak to women?
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2007
ghettochyk:

Ikomi shame on you.

anyways, a pastor is a teacher of the word. what makes a woman incable of teaching things regarding the Bible? a woman can teach chemistry, English, and math right? why can she not also teach the Bible? is it because God doesn't speak to women?

Hahahahahaha, Look I dont deceive myself Ghettooo, I had a chemistry teacher that was a lady and beautiful, I never heard a word she said in class till i go back home to read. And this kept me on the Average, so tell me why I should gamble with the word of God. Ad prefer a man abeg.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2007
ghettochyk:

Ikomi shame on you.

lol! Ikomi, sorry, but dat last part was my response to those who say a woman can't "lead" men.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2007
But i agree women are very good leaders for one reason that they could be very conscientious with their job. And i respect that. But its just that I have a problem with beautiful ones teaching me. Ugly ones am sure ad concentrate better. lol
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2007
i see. i feel for you man. lol!

but maybe i can help you.

if a beautiful woman is teaching and u see dat aint really concentrating on what she's saying, just think of her body being infested with aids or tuberculosis. grin
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2007
ghettochyk:

if a beautiful woman is teaching and u see that aint really concentrating on what she's saying, just think of her body being infested with aids or tuberculosis. grin

That would be criminal, imagine u looking at a beautiful flower and all u can think of is that its gonna die soon. Or a beautiful landscape and all u can think of is the end of the world. Naaaaahhhhh, am not meant to think like dat. I wont ty GC, wont agree to that.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2007
fine!! suit yourself!!! grin

anymore advices will require a fee. but i'll give you dis one for free, take online classes then tongue
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2007
I know how to extract advices for free.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2007
hahaa!! no from me boo. wink
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2007
ghettochyk:

hahaa!! no from me boo. wink

Ud be suprised ud be dishing it. Now i see what u mean by busy lol. U'll kill me here.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2007
no surprises my dear.

Now i see what u mean by busy lol. You'll kill me here.

huh? what busy?
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by bluesky4(f): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2007
there is noting wrong with a woman preacher, what makes them different from a man preacher.

Ikomi:

Hahahahahaha, Look I don't deceive myself Ghettooo, I had a chemistry teacher that was a lady and beautiful, I never heard a word she said in class till i go back home to read. And this kept me on the Average, so tell me why I should gamble with the word of God. Ad prefer a man abeg.

Ikomi:

But i agree women are very good leaders for one reason that they could be very conscientious with their job. And i respect that. But its just that[b] I have a problem with beautiful ones teaching me[/b]. Ugly ones am sure ad concentrate better. lol

u need to ask God to control those urges of urs lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2007
blue-sky:

there is noting wrong with a woman preacher, what makes them different from a man preacher.

u need to ask God to control those urges of urs lipsrsealed

If it is ur hand that will make u sin cut it off. Thats why am cutting off a woman preacher. How about that.

ghettochyk:

huh? what busy?

Never mind.
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2007
Ikomi:

If it is your hand that will make u sin cut it off. Thats why am cutting off a woman preacher. How about that.

wrong analogy. the woman is the temptation in ur case. she will not make you fall into temptation. you can take a horse up to a river but u cannot make him drink. wink
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by Ikomi(m): 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2007
ghettochyk:

wrong analogy. the woman is the temptation in your case. she will not make you fall into temptation. you can take a horse up to a river but u cannot make him drink. wink

How are u so sure, do u want me to tell u wat happened btw. me and my chemistry teacher. angry
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by bluesky4(f): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2007
ghettochyk:

wrong analogy. the woman is the temptation in your case. she will not make you fall into temptation. you can take a horse up to a river but u cannot make him drink. wink

agree!

Ikomi, so ur saying if a women was to be ur pastor, she has to be ugly?
wat happened wiv ur chem teacher?
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by ghettochyk(f): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2007
lol!! no. i;m sure y'll two mixed chemicals and she probably gave u and ur class an assignment right?
Re: Can You Attend A Church Led By A Woman? by zuluman(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ Poster,

Yes! I can attend a church which is lead by a woman.

Actually, the church I attend is led by a woman. The senior pastor of my church is a woman. There is nothing wrong in it. It is good to have personal communication with God, through the Holy Spirit, so that you wouldn't have to stick with "hard-fast" rules composed by people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You / 5 Things You Should Do Before You Die / Prepare For Revolution, Archbishop Of Enugu Tell Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.